• Published 8th Aug 2013
  • 3,062 Views, 64 Comments

Equestria Girls: Equine Inferno - Dash Attack



EqG fic. Major Spoilers. What would happen if Sunset got her hands on all six elements?

  • ...
22
 64
 3,062

Beginning of the End

This story takes place during the climax of the movie Equestria Girls. After being crown Princess of the Fall Formal, Sunset Shimmer kidnapped Spike and ran outside. Twilight and her new friends chased Sunset to the horse statue right outside the school. After releasing Spike, Sunset and her henchmen threatened to destroy the horse saute unless Twilight surrender the crown. In doing so, the link between Equestria and this world would be severed. After a quick skirmish, Sunset got the the crown and revealed her true goal was too conqueror Equestria all along. This is where are story begins.

“Finally the crown is mine.” thought Sunset Shimmer as she held her long awaited prize.

The student’s of Canterlot High, watched the scene unfold from behind the glass doors of the school. They were each clueless as to what was going on, but watched with anticipation as Sunset lifted the stolen crown for all to see.

Twilight and her friends watched in horror as Sunset lowered the crown onto her head. Most of them were strangers to magic, but they all knew from Twilight that the crown was dangerous in the wrong hands. The moment Sunset Shimmer put on the crown, a green light enveloped her. Her skin turned bright red and equine features started to return to her body. Large bat like wings shot out from her back and large white fangs adorned her face.

When her transformation was complete, Sunset shot two beams from her hands and turned Snips and Snails into demonic versions of themselves.

Afterwards she turned her attention to the school and the frightened children inside. As she mocked them she blew open a hole using her new found power. Even as a unicorn, she never had never this much power.

If this is how strong I am in this world, I can’t wait to see the devastation I can cause once me and my teenage army get into Equestria. Thought Sunset Shimmer. Yet will it be strong enough to fight Celestia and Luna head on?

She began to cast a mind altering spell to take control the minds of her former peers. As she did, she thought back too how far her plans had come, and all the setbacks she had encountered during her struggle for power.

It’s a shame I can only settle for one element. When I originally decided to steal the crown, I was hoping to steal all six elements. Sure I might have the most powerful of them all in my possession, but had I brought all six... Oh I just get chills just thinking about it. Ah well! It’s time to kill that bitch Twilight once and for all.

With the entire school at her disposal, Sunset was ready to be too finish off Twilight and the rest of her friends. She began to charge her a massive ball of energy when suddenly...

Twily

A man with snow white skin dressed in purple armor flew out of the portal. Seconds later a larger blue treasure chest hurled past his head and landed on the ground.

“Shining Armor is that you???” cried Twilight.

Shining looked up at his sister and gasped. “Twilight why are you walking on two legs?”

“Oh my!” shouted Rarity. “More Royalty from another dimension. Oh this is like something out of a fairytale. Oh please sir knight! Take me with you.”

“Sorry mama, I’m happily married, and I highly doubt you're eighteen.”

“Speak for yourself.” rebuked Rarity. “You look like you're a sophomore in college. If you ask me that’s why too early to get married.”

“I have you know I’m in my early thirties.” he continued. “This dimension must have messed with my age.”

“Look!” shouted Twilight. “None of this matters now. What are you doing here Shining?”

“When I heard what happened, I went to the library and took the remaining elements from the display case. I figured they might come in handy should your crown fall into the wrong hands.”

“No fucking way! You actually brought them.” shouted Sunset with a demonic grin. She turned to her trusty minons and pointed straight at the box. “Snips, Snails, open that case and bring their contents to me.”

Shining watched as the twelfth grade hellspawns flew down toward the chest and ripped it open. They each grabbed an element and flew towards their mistress.

“I don’t think so!” shouted Shining stoically.

Shining stretched out his hand and tried and focused his attention the boys. When nothing happened, he blinked dumbfoundedly.

“Why isn’t my magic working?”

“Normal magic doesn’t work here Shining!” yelled Twilight. “But the elements of harmony are even stronger in this world. That’s why she wanted my crown. Now you’ve given her the remaining five.”

Shining started into his sister's eyes in shame.

“Oh Sweet Celestia,” he said with tremble of fear and regret. “’I've doomed us all. Please forgive me sis. I had no idea.”

“Gah!” moaned Dash. “If only I had my soccer ball I could knock that demonic bitch out of the sky.”

“I don’t want to die.” cried a shaking Fluttershy.

“I don’t care how powerful she gets.” said Applejack with a look of defiance. “Ah’m sure as hell not going down without a fight.”

“Oh this this just offline.” shouted Rarity. “If this how hideous she looks with one magical piece of jewelry, what would five do? It would be a travesty too all things glamorous.”

“Don’t worry Rarity.” said Spike the dog. “I won’t let anything bad happen to you, even if you're not the one from my world.”

“Ooo Ooo,” said Pinkie enthusiastically. “I know things look really grim right now but I can’t pass this up . Anyways, I guess you can say ‘this isn’t even her final from.’”

Normally, this would have caused the entire group to roll their eyes, but shit was about to hit the fan really fast. Snips and Snails offered the five remaining elements to Shimmer.

“Once I infuse myself with them, no amount of friendship will ever be able to stop me.”

Each necklaces flew out of their hands and onto her hands. The elements of Laughter and Honesty wrapped themselves around her arms before the turning into red golden gauntlets. The same thing happened with the her legs as Generosity and Kindness turned into red metal boots. The only element that was left unchanged was Loyalty which remained a necklace. Once on her neck the necklace itself turned from gold to black.

With the elements now fully corrupted and upon her body, it became more hellish. Her body grew about two more feet in height, her hair just barely reaching the second floor windows. Her devilish wings grew longer about seven inches longer. They were to the point that they were wider than the doors of the school. Her fangs, hair, and tail also increased in size and volume.

When the changes were complete she landed on the ground and admired herself.

“This power is intoxicating.” She said with a new hint of corruption in her voice. “Already I feel like I am capable of anything in this world. Once I cross that barrier, my overwhelming power will increase tenfold. Now I can take on Celestia and all of Equestria with a mere fraction of my new power. I got to say this feels a little bit like overkill but I’m not complain...”

She put her hands to her head as she began to crouch in pain.

What is this? she thought. I feel like my brain about to explode. Oh, wait I see what this is. With the power of harmony at my disposal, the secret’s of their power are flooding into my head. Wait... Err.... yes. Ah I understand now. If I try to attack a bear when they are together their power will turn on me. Well, no matter. It’s not like they can stop me like this.

Shining Armor, who had finally adjusted to his human body, stood up to face his sister. “You need to go back to our world and warn everypony about what’s coming. Breaking the mirror from the other side should save Equestria.

“But what about this world Shining?” cried Twilight. “What about you.”

“I’m sorry Twilight, but if we can’t save this world, we can at least save ours. As for me...”

With a little practice, Shining unsheathed his sword with both his hands. It wobbled in his hands as he tried to get a feel for this form of combat.

“This whole mess is my fault anyway. If I’m going down as the stallion that damned Equestria, it won’t be without going out in style. You’ve been a wonderful little sister to me Twilight, and I wish there was time for me to give you a proper goodbye. Also tell Cadence that these last few years of marriage have been the happiest days of my life.”

“Shining I can’t let you...”

Before Twilight could finish, Shining used his free hand to push Twight through the portal.

Sunset Shimmer laughed. “That was a very touching scene, too bad I’m going to have to kill you all now before that mirror is shattered. I no longer need this army, I’m more than strong enough to take on everypony in the world now.”

“We see about that bitch!” cried Rainbow as she charged her head on.

“Rainbow don’t!” cried Applejack.

Before anypony could even blink, Sunset vanished and reappeared right beside Rainbow Dash. An angry expression was frozen on Rainbow’s face. She felt so much rage inside her, yet she couldn’t move. She looked down and panicked inside. Sunset had lodged her hand right through her chest. The other’s watched in horror as Sunset’s hand waved back at them while her arm was still lodged in Rainbow’s chest.

“Just to be safe I didn’t use any magic to finish you off.” gloated Sunset. “Now if that will be all, I have a kingdom to conquer.”

Everyone watch in horror as Sunset Shimmer flicked her arm and sent Rainbow Dash hurtling straight into a tree. The sound of bones breaking could be heard in the distance.

“Rainbow!” shouted Applejack.

--------

Back In Equestria

“Rainbow speak to me!” shouted the pony Applejack.

It all happened so fast. One minute they had been talking about Twilight, the next, a large gaping hole appeared on Rainbow’s chest. Then before they knew it, she was sent flying into a wall and her body impacted with the sound of a hundred bones crunching at once.

Now everypony in the castle was gathered by this horrific scene. Rarity and Pinkie were doing there best not to look at all the gore. However, both Fluttershy and AJ couldn’t take their eyes off their friend, even if they felt sick to their stomach.

“How could this happen?” asked Fluttershy. “All we were doing was eating dinner and then...”

Fluttershy broke into tears on the spot. She just couldn’t take her seeing her first and oldest friend in the world die in such a matter.

“I’m afraid something terrible must have happened to her counterpart on the other side of the mirror.” Answered Celestia concerningly. “The lives of our alternate selves are linked together with ours. Should one die, I’m afraid the same will happen to the other. Somepony has upset the balance, and I’m afraid that all of Equestria is in jeopardy.”

The sound of hoof steps to echoed in the hall. They all turned around to see that Twilight had returned.

She panted for a moment before she spoke. “Sunset Shimmer has all six elements. My brother brought them over thinking they could help but it backfired. We have to destroy the... Sweet harmony! Is that blood on the wall?!”

Celestia nodded her head. “I’m sorry Twilight. The Rainbow Dash I assume you met in the other world has been slain. When she died, the same thing happened to this world’s Rainbow Dash. I’m sorry to have to tell you the truth like this, but right now we need to stand our ground.”

“Rainbow’s dead?” repeated Twilight. “Oh no... Wait, that means anyone of you could die at any minute. We have to destroy the mirror.”

“I’m afraid that won’t work.” Luna said shaking her head. “Sunset Shimmer has waited thirty moons to come back with the power she needs. If she can’t get through, then she will try and get revenge on you in any manner she deems fit. Having been to the darkside once before, I know how the mind of the wicked work. The best we can do in this situation is...”

Before she could finish her sentence, a large flash of light enveloped Rarity.

“Rarity!” everypony shouted.

Every magic user in the room tried to put out the flames with magic, but by the time they finished, it was too late. Rarity was dead, and the room fell into silence.

-------

Back in the Other World, moment’s after Rainbow’s demise

“Get out of my way.” shouted Sunset Shimmer. “I won’t hesitate to waste you all right here right now. You all have better chances of living if you let me pass.”

“It’s my fault you got all this power to begin with Sunset!” shouted Shining. “I’ll be damned if I make your victory any more easier. Ladies, you need to get out of here. Go to your local barracks right now and help get reinforcements.”

“O, do you mean the cops.” replied Pinkie. “I don’t think their weapons would work against her. They only have guns, and she’s a wizard-demon-pony-thing.”

“Then at least go to these ‘cops’ so they can protect you. This body is new to me, but I think I can at least stall her long enough for Twilight to break the portal.”

“We promise we won’t get in the way handsome.” stated Rarity. “We're staying until Rainbow’s death is avenged.”

“But if we stay Rarity.” cried Fluttershy. “We could end up dying. I’m sorry girls, but can’t stay here. I’m going to go to the police station and get help.

With that Fluttershy ran off down the street.

“She’s smart you know.” said Sunset. “Let’s see if any of you are smarter. If you don’t leave soon, I’m going to burn each and everyone of you too a crisp until you move out of the way. Let’s start with the the foolish knight in armor.”

Sunset Shimmer flew a few inches off the ground and pointed her left index finger toward Shining Armor. She shot a small fire ball from her fingertip.

As Shining Armor waited for death’s embrace to come, Rarity pushed him out of the way.

“I not going to let her hurt you.” she said.

“Rarity No!” shouted Spike.

They all watched as the small fireball expanded outwards moments before impact. The flames engulfed Rarity, and her body fell to the ground.

“Rarity!” cried Spike. Despite this Rarity not being his, the sight of seeing her person like this broke his tiny heart into pieces. It had been hard seeing Rainbow Dash get killed, but this hurt so much more.

He broke into tears.

Why couldn’t I protect her? If I were still a dragon my scales could have taken at least some of that blast.

“Ahh, is the little doggy sad that her friend turned into barbeque? Well go cry somewhere else mutt. I spared your life once already and I’m not feeling generous anymore.”

Spike turned his head and glared at Shining. “Her death is on your hands Shining. I will never forgive you for this.”

“Deep down I know this isn’t really his fault.” Though Spike as he growled at the knight. “My Rarity always gets so star struck, and is always willing to make sacrifices for strangers. Still, I never knew she could do something like this. And if he never showed up, none of this would have happened.”

Spike words pierced Shining like a dagger to the heart. All his life, he had strived to protect the ponies of Equestria. Even his cutie maker was a testament to that fact. He was the shield of Equestria, it’s sworn protector. Now, an innocent girl he barely knew had given his life for him.

“Spike, go back with Twilight.” he said sadly. “I promise nopony will die from my failures anymore. This sword I hold in... whatever these thing are called , is a magical. Both Cadence and I placed the enchantment on it. I will avenge Rainbow and Rarity's deaths. Yet blaming me isn’t going to undo the past. The best you do now is go home.”

Both the man and the dog shed tears.

“I always thought of you as a little brother Spike.” said Shining

“And you my big brother.” replied Spike.

“Go to Twilight, If I fail again, she will need all the support she can get to vanquish this evil.”

Spike nodded. “Good luck soldier, and I don’t blame you for Rarity. At least the one I love will be waiting for me on the other side.”

With that Spike jumped through the portal.

--------

Back in Equestria

“What are we going to do?!” shouted Twilight. “There has to be something I can do.”

Any one of my friends could die at any minute, and it’s all my fault. Why didn't I steal that stupid crown from the very beginning? I could have ended everything on day one and prevented all of this. Then again, it’s because of me that I was able to bring my counterpart friends back together. Yet now they are dropping like flies.

Celestia saw the distress on Twilight's face and spoke.

“The only way to defeat Sunnet Shimmer at this stage point would be through the power of the elements themselves. If she tried to attack you using them while the others were present, the elements would recognise their true bearers and grant you all the power needed to stop her. The only option we have is to wait for her to come through the mirror and defeat her with our combined strength.”

“But why can’t we just go through the mirror and kick her flank their in that alternate world?” asked Applejack.

“Because.” answered Celestia. “Your magic is weaker on the other side. Plus any visual contact between you and your counterpart will cause a major disruption in both fabrics of reality. I myself have only made contact with my alternate self from behind the mirror. If either of us were to meet physically, thousands of people and ponies would die.”

“Sister!” stated Luna. “We see no other alternative but to ask for his help in this matter. Should we call him fourth?”

“No need for that Luna.” echoed a familiar voice. “I am already here. Though I got to say, I’m not sure if want to help.”

There was a bright flash of light which caused everypony to blink. When they opened them, they saw Discord helping himself to some left over tea from before.

“It’s just that, Equestria is so boring right now. I would like to see what kind of chaos this Sunset Shimmer mare can cook up in this dull kingdom of ours.”

“Discord!” shouted Fluttershy assertively. “That monster has murdered two of my very close friends. If you don’t help the princesses fight back, more ponies including myself could die. Right now, I could be vaporized any minute and never see it coming. I can image the few of us that are left are just as terrified right now.”

Fluttershy took a deep breath and continued in a more cheerful voice. “Besides, I promise the battle will be very chaotic. This could be the one and only time where you can be chaotic and nopony will get mad at you. As your friend I’m begging you to help everypony out before more ponies get hurt.”

“Dammit Fluttershy.” huffed Discord. “Why can’t I ever deny you?”

“Because deep down you're a good friend.” declared Fluttershy.

Discord made a fake gagging noise at Fluttershy's rebuttal. “Let’s just get this over with.”

“Twilight!” shouted a voice at the very back of the dining hall.

Spike the dragon ran to his big sister and hugged her.

“She killed that world’s Rarity.” he said. His boiling tears trickled down his scales on onto Twilight's fur. “She sacrificed herself to save your brother. I hate him so much right now even though it wasn't really his fault. At least our Rarity is safe.”

Twilight took the dragon in her magic and put him close to her neck.

I can’t tell him what happened. Not yet at least. It’s a miracle he didn't see any of the bodies in this dining room. Poor Spike must be so shaken up that he completely overlooked the carnage here. I have to take him out of the room before he spots any of the bodies or blood on the wall. The last thing I want to do is upset him anymore.

“I’m going to take Spike to my room.” she declared. “Everypony else guard the mirror. I’ll join you in a minute.”

“Um, I hate to be the bearer of bad news.” said Discord has he pointed a claw at something on the ground. “But I could have sworn Applejack was standing right where that pile of ash is right now.”

---------

Back in The Other Word, just after Spike left.

Sunset glared down from up high at the three people who opposed her.

“I’ve waited long enough Armor.” she said. “The portal closes in two hours. The longer, you make me wait, the angrier you're making me. I need to get through that portal before your sister smashes it.”

“We’ll finish this soon Sunset!” shouted Shining. “Just as soon as I convince these girls too leave.”

“Pinkie, you’ve been a good friend to me all these years. But there’s no sense in all of us dying tonight. I made up my mind, and I’m going out fighting. For Rainbow, and for Rarity.” said Applejack.

“Look Applejack.” shouted Pinkie. “I’m trying everything I can to stay positive during this whole mess. With everything that’s happened, you need my Pinkieness more than ever.”

“There’s a time and a place Pinkie, and this is neither the time or the place nor the...”

Before she could finish, a large beam of energy struck struck AJ in the back while she was facing Pinkie. In an instant she was nothing but a cloud of ash in Pinkie’s face.

It was at that moment that Pinkie Pie completely lost it. With only one of her friends left alive, she had no more reason to stay. She ran for the police and didn’t look back. Tonight was supposed to be magic, yet all it brought was a world of hurt and sorrow.

As she cried she kept whispering to herself over and over again, “I was only trying to help.”

“That’s the last straw Shimmer!” roared Shining with fire in his eyes. “Now you're going to pay for all the live you’ve destroyed.”

Shimer sent a volley of energy beams hurtling towards him. With a speed he never knew he possessed, Shining dodged every one of them. Shimmer cast spell after spell against Shining, shocked at how quickly he had adjetest too his bipedal body.

Looks like I’m going to have put effort into killing this one. Sunset thought in her mind.

Little by little, she increased the power of her spells, and they became harder and harder to dodge. Finally, Shining’s foot got hit with a binding spell that held him like super glue.

Shimmer flew closer to him, but made sure to keep her distance from the range of his blade.

“I should really kill you right now for all the trouble you caused.” she said. “But you did give me the elements. So I can only see it fitting to send your body back to Equestria so your family can bury you. That is, if I don’t bury them first.”

Sunset broke into laughter, which caused Shining Armor to feel an intense rage. Using the last ounce of his strength, he broke free of the binding spell and drove his sword right into Shimmer’s hest.”

An aurora of magenta surrounded the sword, as Sunset roared in agony.

“That’s the power of love you ugly sack of shit!” shouted Shining Armor. “Without it there could be no friendship, and thus no harmony. The love me and my wife have for each other is strong enough to defeat armies. And it’s through this love, that I shall cleanse the elements that you have corrupted.”

“It’s burning me.” she cried.

I can’t believe it. This stupid sword is actually killing me. The element’s are betraying me. Already I’m starting to lose control of their power.

“This for all the pain you have caused Shimmer. I foolishly gave you this power, but now I’m taking it ba...”

Before he could finish, Snips flew behind Shining and grabbed his face. With a jerk of his hands he twisted Shining Armors head until his neck snapped. As Shining body became limp, the magic of the sword slowly faded away. When Snips finally decided to let go of the brave knight, the armor clanked upon hitting the ground.

Snips and Snails turned to their princess, who was struggling to pull the sword out from her chest. Eventually she was able to do it. She tried to brush off the intense pain but to no avail.

“Damn that Shining Armor.” She said as she turned to her henchmen. “Even with all this power he was able to hurt me. But no matter. This just a small set back. Once I cross the portal, my powers will double. I will become the alicorn of suffering and despair. Soon all of Equestria shall revere the name Sunset Shimmer.

She then turned to face her troops who waited her beck and call. “Students and faculty of Canterlot High, today, we take Equestria.”

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading Part 1 of Equine Inferno. I'm not a huge grim dark fan myself, but I had this idea in my head and needed too get it out. If the respiration is good, I'll finish the last part right away. God know I going to be too busy in collage too keep up with updates.

Anyways, feel free to tell me what you think. Love it! Hate it! Meh could have been better. Let me know! Mmkay