• Published 6th Aug 2013
  • 26,303 Views, 1,321 Comments

The Sun's Knight - Lucky424



On the run for a crime he didn't commit, a young man finds himself lying at the foot of a dais...

  • ...
174
 1,321
 26,303

Chapter 01

The guards thudded down the halls after the strange creature in a vain attempt to catch it. Their last attempt at a barricade was a colossal failure, the fur-less looking earth pony leaping up and running along the wall at an upright angle, jumping off and rolling under the guards on the other side, easily evading them. This confused them, as it clearly wasn't a pegasus, due to the lack of wings, and not a unicorn due to no horn.

The human male managed to get himself into a closed room, catching his breath. There was a flash of light from behind him, and he tried to open the door to escape, but a white furry hand pushed back, keeping the door closed. He slowly turned, looking into the beautiful light magenta eyes of a very strange creature. His eyes roamed over her figure, starting at the ground.

On her feet were gold high heeled sandals, and he let his gaze linger on her long, slender legs for a moment, before they disappeared under a thigh length purple skirt. Her stomach was covered by the bottom of a yellow tank top, and his gaze settled on her ample chest for a few moments. He kept moving upwards, seeing the two wings on her back, a gold necklace with a purple gem in the shape of a diamond around her neck. Once he reached her face, he noticed the several inch long horn on her head, a crown matching the necklace on top. She also had a small muzzle, which was a little out of place at first. And then he noticed her hair of four different shades, floating on a unknown breeze, and her whole body was covered in white fur. “Hello.”

He backed away from this... thing, spotting an open window and running towards it. A gold sparkle appeared on the upper window, sliding it down. It left him just enough gap to jump through, and he smiled to himself, glad that he had been free running for the past ten years. “No, wait!” He didn't look back, leaping from the window sill to a drainpipe next to it.

Down wasn't an option, as he had come out above a waterfall, and couldn't see the bottom, so he went upwards. A room four stories higher had a light on, so that's where he headed. He slipped in the open window, seeing a roaring fire, and a large four poster bed, it's blanket with a large motif of a sun on it. He went to the door and cracked it open with a smile... which dropped as he came face to face with the creature again, surrounded by those soldiers.

He attempted to run towards the window once more, but stopped as he saw more of those things outside, hovering in the air. He heard movement, turning to find some of them heading towards him, but with a wave of the female's hand they backed away, slowly leaving the room and closing the door. A glance out the window showed the skies clear once more. “Please, don't run, I only wish to talk with you.”

Still he said nothing, watching as she sat on a large red velvet couch, in a position that he'd only imagined women in back on Earth... the thought made him look at her, not having even heard of such a creature before. It was clear he was no longer on his planet. “You must be thirsty after all that running. After all, you were going for a good six hours. You must have looped the castle five times, and piqued Luna's curiosity as well.”

A bottle floated over to him in a golden aura, and he noted that her horn was glowing the same colour. He tentatively reached for it, the aura tingling as his hand touched it. He glanced at the label, 'Sweet Apple Acres Cider' across it with the picture of an apple orchard. He gave it a sniff, then shrugging his shoulders took a sip. And then a whole mouthful at the taste. And then the running caught up with him, causing him to sit on the edge of the large bed.

Celestia watched as he pitched backwards, quiet snoring soon following. She gave a glance out the window and noted the position of the moon. Well, it's a little late to get the staff to prepare a guest room, I guess he can just stay here... She lifted him up using her magic, setting him down on her couch, gently placing his head on the cushions. She turned around and stripped off, quickly getting into her night clothes, and climbing into her bed. She gave on last look over to make sure he looked comfortable. Perhaps he would be willing to talk in the morning.


Gray slowly awoke, eyes opening enough to see he wasn't in his room, but he didn't remember going out that night. He craned his neck up as the door opened, eyes not focusing properly yet, meaning he could just see a blur. A woman's voice then hit his ears. “Well good morning Princess! Come, up! It may be the weekend, but that doesn't mean you can sleep past eleven in the morning! Now up!”

The curtains to the side were drawn back, and he found himself staring at a similar creature to the one in his dreams. This one looked relatively normal, no wings or horn, and was wearing what was obviously a maid's uniform. She looked the bed over and then smirked at him. “Uh... go away, Fair Heart. Twilight deals with this stuff on Saturdays!”

“Now now, none of that! You have a guest here it seems.” Celestia sat up, looking over towards the couch, where Gray was staring right back at her. He looked over and saw the door open, sprinting out of it, ignoring the pleas to stop. He blasted down a set of stairs, surprising the guards stood there momentarily, and then they gave chase. A glance out of a window revealed him to be on the ground floor, and he merged on to a corridor full of these strange creatures. There were guards, cleaning staff, political looking ones. And they were all staring at him.

There was a twitch from some of the guards, so Gray took the opportunity to run through the crowds towards the large open doors. The things standing there provided a good shield from the soldiers, and he ran out in to a massive garden, so he kept going, only slowing when he made it out of some gates and a few blocks over.

Ducking into a side alley, he climbed up to a balcony two stories high, hiding from the guards that followed. After a few minutes of fruitless searching, they gave up and moved out. Gray let out a breath of relief, turning to find the window open. Looking for a place to rest and for cover, he walked inside to find the furnishings of an amateur music studio. What he didn't noticed as he turned to close the window was the vase balanced precariously on the edge of a desk, which he sent crashing to the floor.

He heard a door open, and realised he was not alone, even before the female voice caught his ears. “Really, Vinyl, can you not use the front door like a normal pony? What were you doing using the baclco... WHAT THE HAY ARE YOU?” He turned around to see another of these creatures, again without wings or a horn. He took one step forward and she fled, slamming the door hard. The sound of clapping made him look at the window, where another one was waiting. Are they all just going to keep popping up like this? Seriously, it's annoying.

“We must commend you on your marvellous athletic performance, but next time it is probably best not to scare the lead violinist of the Canterlot Orchestra, hmm?” Yet another female, which Gray noted he had seen more of than males, stared at him. She was like the first one, but her fur was a shade of dark blue, her midnight blue hair floating on the same unseen breeze, and her piercing blue eyes seemed to stare at his soul.

Man, this one really likes blue. Wonder what that's all about. He gave her another look, this one being more modestly dressed in a simple suit. There was also a crown on her head, jet black, matching the necklace she wore, which had a small pearl jewel in the shape of a moon on it. He then noticed the things hovering out the window, and knew there must be more waiting outside. “Come, Our sister wishes to speak with you.”

“No, I'm not going anywhere with you!”

“Oh really?” His skin began to tingle as a blue glow wrapped around his waist, pulling him closer to her. “And what made you think you had a choice in the matter? We certainly did not say so.”

“I think it will be fine here, Luna. Please, let him down.” They turned to see the white one in the room, the grey one with black hair peeking out from behind her. It was then that Gray noticed they had tails as well, and his brain finally sent him the signals he was waiting for.

The guards outside heard a filly-like scream, rushing inside only to be met halfway by Celestia and Luna as they carried the unconscious creature between them. He was transferred over and they followed the two mares back to the castle, ignoring all the stares of interest. They had just made it inside the gardens, preparing to close the gates when a young mare's voice, which most of the guards recognised, came through.

“WAIT!” There was a lavender blur as Princess Sparkle shot through, wearing her trademarked (not really, it's what the guards called it) librarians uniform. She shot over to the guards carrying it, a notepad and pen floating alongside her. “Ooh, a new species! I can't wait to study it!”

Author's Note:

Would you believe it took me little more than two hours actual writing time to do this?

It's a good thing to, as I've kinda hit a block on Night's Children. It's not going on hiatus, but the new chapter may be a while. For now, have this and please enjoy.

Pre-read/idea given by NightFlower.