• Published 8th Aug 2013
  • 21,868 Views, 350 Comments

Royal Affection - NightShader



WARNING Anon in Equestria [HiE] You X Celestia. Everyday life in the Canterlot castle can be very boring. One faithful day you decide to change it all...Will it be for the better?

  • ...
88
 350
 21,868

Too much of a burden

"Hmm," you murmur a bit as you try to open your eyes. Your mind felt a bit numb and your eyes were all groggy, the one thing you were sure of was that you weren't in your room and the sun has not risen yet. You remember everything what happened last night clearly, those were pleasant memories how you remember them. I have a gi- err, marefriend... now...


For some kind of reason those words actually stung deep inside your mind, waves of doubt were flooding you. She's a mare... A beautiful one, but still... Is this ok? You shift a bit uncomfortably on the bed, you knew Celestia was still sleeping behind you so you were trying to make the less noise as possible. Of Course it's okay, I mean look at her. At that you decide to turn around to look at your 'new found love'... To your surprise she was looking right at you, a soft smile present on her face.


"Good Morning, Anon," Celestia says shuffling a bit closer towards you. The sight of her made you internally happy, in a strange way actually. You were about to meet her halfway for a kiss but right before you were close enough...


"Ahh!" You scream as you backfire off your bed. Images of real horses back from earth began flashing through your mind. She's a horse! This is wrong! Get out of here!

"Anon, sweetie are you alright?" A concerned Celestia asks as she leans over to look at you. You were laying spread out with your back on the floor with little droplets of sweat covering your forehead.


"N-no, I-I,m sorry I-I have to get out of here," You stutter as you stand up quickly and start walking to the door. You were trying your best not to vomit in her room, it would only make things worse.


"Wait! Where are you g-" you cut her off.


"I need some time alone!" You say as you commence running towards the only place you could ever call home here in equestria, your own room...
Other than some strange looks from the royal guards, everything goes well and you arrive at your room unscaved. You enter it and try to lock the door. Great! No locks when you need them.


You barricade the door with a chair instead, you needed some time to think this through. Things were going great... Why did this have to happen. To make things worse, t'was a fact that you resided in Celestia's castle, meaning that if you got on her bad side, you were a homeless foreigner in a land of magical talking ponies who'd probably know by then that you insulted their princess.


Minutes pass by as you lay motionlessly on your covers with no Idea what was going to happen, and no idea what to do...


Then, the silence was broken by Celestia's serene voice.


"Anon?! Don't worry, whatever is wrong, I can help you, I promise! I'm coming in now," Celestia says as the doors begin to glow.


You were expecting a loud bang, flashes of light or an explosion of some sorts. All wrong, the door gratefully swings open easily pushing the well placed door away.


"Anon, there you are! I was wo-."


"Wait," You spoke, halting her and stopping her from speaking.


"I need to ask you to leave, princess Celestia," You never called her princess before, it felt strange to you and you can only imagine how those words would feel to Celestia.


"P-princess, w-why would you call me that? Anon please tell me you're joking," She asks softly, you could see her eyes turning a bit reddish and you knew what you were doing would probably hurt a lot.


"I'm not joking, I'm sorry your highness bu-"


"No , Anon! Don't," She says leaping towards you. Instead of being able to grasp you in a hug, your reflexes made sure she was hugging air. By now you had a massive lump in your throat and were desperately trying to hide your true emotions.


"I can only ask you to go... Do it for me please," You say turning your back to her as you now faced the wall.


Moments pass without a response, small sniffs were the only things audible in your room. After some minutes of deadly silence, hoofsteps could be heard slowly muting into the background as your door clicked indicating the departure of the princess.


With the doors finally closed and Celestia gone, the first few tears start streaming down your cheek. Why does this have to be so hard, why couldn't she be human...

The rest of your day is spent sobbing into your pillow at the thought of the loss of a true friend and potential lover. No matter how much it hurt what happened this morning, you couldn't get over the fact that she wasn't your species. Images of horses kept floating through your mind. Damnit brain, why do you have to be such a bonerkiller...

It was already starting to get dark outside, but you weren't tired, most of your emotions already drowned away hopelessly. You knew you couldn't just go back and apologise, not yet at least...


You lift yourself off your bed and make your way to the balcony, a bit of fresh air can do no harm. Upon arrival you could see the setting sun and its beauty, followed up with the rising of the moon.


I shouldn’t even have let this go so far. It always felt so strange, yet I never knew what it meant. Maybe we aren’t meant for each other after all...
Moments pass as you gaze thoughtlessly at the starry sky, absorbing the peace and quiet of equestria’s night. Feelings of emptiness are making your mind Drowsy. You could feel your eyelids getting heavier and the things around you were starting to fade away.


A soft thump on your back shocks you and stops you from dozing off, you quickly turn around to see what it was.


“L-Luna??”

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait guys. I made up my mind, I'm going to make the story a teeny tiny bit bigger, just for the fun of it.

The next heartwarming moment will be prolonged though, I'm not sure I'm gonna make the deadline, that said, I was done way to early with this chapter...