• Published 5th Aug 2013
  • 7,416 Views, 509 Comments

The Titans' Orb - Mister Horncastle



Callum lives a miserable life on Earth. But that is soon to change, when some unexpected visitors change his life forever.

  • ...
40
 509
 7,416

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Sixteen: The Pursuit

Good morning!” Rarity sang up to us from the ground below.

Slowly opening my eyes and sniffing emphatically, I looked around and remembered that I was up in the tree; blinking and giving my head a shake, I looked around and spotted Rainbow Dash close by, still fast asleep.

Come on sleepy heads! Time to get up!” Rarity called again.

“Okay, I'm awake! Be right there!” I called back drowsily.

“Mmn, five more minutes, Don...” Dash moaned in her sleep.

Raising an eyebrow, I smirked to myself upon seeing an opportunity; my better half was inclined to rouse the pegasus in the kindest, gentlest, most delicate way possible. Alas, to her misfortune, I did not listen to my better half, as I scooted closer to her, and inhaled deeply.

HAH! TIME FOR A TEA PARTY!” I shrieked out in a high pitched, flamboyant tone.

Rainbow's eyes shot open and she screamed in shock; she scrambled away from me and flailed around in confusion, falling off the branch and plummeting to the ground below. She caught herself in mid-air and flew back up to me with a face like thunder; I meanwhile, was laughing half to death.

“You dickhead!” she yelled, giving me a firm shove.

I was pushed right to the edge of the branch, where the rope thankfully prevented me from going over. Pulling myself back to the middle of the branch, I faced Rainbow and grinned.

“Good morning!” I cackled.

“You are such a dick.”

Rolling my eyes, I reminded the mare of the time back in England, when she had jumped out at me in the night while I was taking a leak. Responding with a fluttering snort, Dashie protested that at least I had been awake for that.

“Plus, you ruined a good dream.” she groaned.

“Yeah, it sounded like it.” I teased, “You mumble in your sleep.”

Widening her eyes, Rainbow Dash shook her head and proclaimed that she didn't.

“Oh, don't you?” I replied with a smirk.

Leaning back, I closed my eyes and pulled a face of ecstasy, and let off salacious moans, gyrating my hips as I did so.

Ooaahh... Five more minutes, Don!

Blushing, Rainbow shoved me, to which I seized her wrists and locked eyes with her.

“So, who's Don?”

“Ugh, get off!”

Shaking free of my grasp, Rainbow Dash gritted her teeth and grumpily muttered something about an ex-boyfriend; after blowing a raspberry at me, she dove off the log and soared down to get some breakfast. Still tittering to myself over how flustered I'd made her, I crawled along the branch until I reached the trunk, and then carefully lowered myself down the tree, before reaching a safe enough height to jump down. Landing with a forward roll, (mainly to impress everyone), I hopped to my feet and wished everyone a good morning.

“Sleep well?” Applejack inquired, rummaging into her saddlebag.

Looking up at the tree once more, I confirmed that I had slept like a log, or at least, upon one. This brought forth a few laughs from the girls, followed by Applejack retrieving a Granny Smith apple from her store and tossing it to me. Catching it, I took a large bite and closed my eyes, revelling in my first ever apple from Equestria, from Sweet Apple Acres no less! It was so crisp, and just the right level of sourness; there was a good reason that Applejack's farm was one of the most successful in the country, her produce was nothing short of perfection.

“Now this, is damn good.” I munched.

“Why, thank you kindly!”

After consuming as much of the fruit as possible, I tossed away the thin core and helped the group in quickly packing away the camp; there was only so much of the day that we had. Much to our dismay, there was a big urban patch coming up, one that was far too large for us to go around, not without adding another few days to our trip. The plan was to get there by nightfall, so that we had a chance of sneaking through, and then making camp on the other side.

“Alright team, double time!” I announced merrily, “Let’s get our arses in gear, and move out!”

“You’re not in charge, you don’t give the orders.” Twilight pointed out.

Grinning, I pointed at Twilight's face and sounded off loudly.

“Alright team, Twilight says double time! Let’s get our arses in gear, and move out!”

Emitting a disgruntled “Ugh!”, Twilight trotted off ahead, to which the rest of us chuckled and followed her.



For a good six hours, we made our way through the lush greenery of the Brazilian bush, making light conversation along the way. Observing the ponies' behaviour as we went, I couldn't help but find myself amused at how all six of them would occasionally use their tails to whip at insects, whenever they tried to land on them. Their ears did the same too, flapping violently at any bug that dared to fly too close. Quietly huffing to myself in joviality, I pressed on, totally enthralled by my companions and their fun little quirks.
After stopping momentarily for a late lunch, which consisted of cucumber sandwiches and apple juice, we made our way again; we'd only been walking for about five minutes, when Twilight stopped and turned to face me.

“It's been a while since you checked the map. Are we still going the right way, murderer?”

Like an ice-cold dagger to the heart, I rapidly felt the unexpected comment sap all the warmth from me, and my mind once again became flooded with images of the incident. Blinking rapidly, I gulped and reached for my phone to check the map.

“Yeah, we're... On track...” I murmured distantly, pocketing the device.

Without uttering a word, Twilight turned around and continued moving. I tried not to let her get under my skin, and reminded myself that the unicorn was still suffering from her blueout; but even still, her callous remark had struck me, and as we resumed travelling, I found myself getting more and more caught up in the memory. Flashes kept entering my vivid mind, displaying the man's lifeless body, and the blood-splattered concrete block, along with the horrifying moment when I realised what I had done.
Over and over again I saw it, and as we walked, my breaths grew shorter and sharper, and my hands began to tremble; my vision began to blur, and my stomach tightened as the nausea returned to me, and this time, I didn't think I would be able to ward it off.

“I uh, need to take a wizz.” I lied, “You guys keep going, I'll catch up.”

Before I could even hear their replies, I had scarpered off into the bushes, now hyperventilating. As soon as I was out of earshot, I keeled over and parted with my lunch. I was sick twice, before I backed away and collapsed to the ground, bursting into tears and clamping my eyes shut, desperately begging for the images in my mind to stop.

“Go away... Go away...” I whimpered, “Please, leave me alone, I'm sorry!”

For a good while, I remained this way, before I was finally able to slow down my breathing and gradually piece my mind back together. I picked myself up and stumbled over to a nearby tree, leaning against it for support.

“Okay... Okay, get it together...” I panted.

Shaking my head, I forced myself to confront the wretched thoughts that dwelled within my skull. I couldn't let this become a long-term problem for me, I needed to deal with it here and now, and make sure it didn't come between me and my sworn duty. Wiping the sweat from my brow, I mentally walked myself through each step of what had really happened that day.

“He went for them.” I told myself, “He clenched his fists, and went to attack them. That man was an aggressor, and a direct threat to the girls, and I stopped him.”

Talking it out with myself, I pointed out how my purpose was to protect the girls now, with my life if need be, and accident or not, I had successfully served that purpose, the one which Princess Celestia had chosen me for; to keep those ponies safe.
I was a good person, or at least, I hoped that I was, but for as long as I was a guardian to these girls, being the 'good guy' wasn't something I would always have the luxury of being. I needed to be something more than that, and it slowly dawned on me that Twilight was right; I wasn't just a friend to these girls, I was a weapon.

And then, as if a magic spell was altering my mind, I was met with a rush of new emotions. I felt a fresh wave of coolness run through my body; the feeling of horror and dread slowly dissipated, and in their place, came a calmness, a feeling of relaxation and understanding. At last, the nausea and tremoring subsided, and I pushed myself away from the tree, now strong enough to carry my own self. Inhaling deeply through my nose, I tilted my head back and shut my eyes, before releasing all my perturbation and guilt, in one mighty breath.

“Okay.” I spoke, nodding.

Holding on firmly to my backpack straps, I took off in search of the girls.



“There he is!” Rarity exclaimed upon seeing me.

Rushing over, Fluttershy latched on to me.

“I thought we had lost you!”

“Where did you go?” Pinkie asked me, tilting her head.

“Yeah, that was some wizz!” Rainbow cackled.

Clearing my throat, I awkwardly professed that I had simply ended up needing more than just a wee, which brought forth a disgusted "Eww!" from Pinkie Pie, followed by a laugh from Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

“Hey, you asked.” I chuckled, shrugging.

Rarity didn't seem too convinced, nor did Fluttershy, and as the pegasus pulled away from me, she noticed how bloodshot my eyes were, along with how pale my face was. Realising that I had been lying, she squinted her eyes at me and frowned.

“What happened?” she whispered, her face clouded with worry.

“Tell you later.” I replied through gritted teeth, making sure that nopony else overheard.

Giving a reluctant nod, Fluttershy dropped it for now, and we pushed onward. We eventually came upon a much drier patch of forest, which was less humid too; something that Twilight was more than thankful for. This meant for sure that we were getting close to the urban area I had spotted on the map, and just in time too, for the sun was already beginning to descend into the horizon. Another good fifteen minutes later, and we soon enough found ourselves at the outskirts of a large favela, without any safe places to cross.

“What a disgusting place to live.” Rarity groaned.

The place was indeed, utterly revolting; litter blew all around the street and the whole place smelled of garbage. Graffiti was sprayed all over the walls, and the only thing that looked like it was contributing to society was a shady-looking motorbike dealer on the corner of the road. Wrinkling my nose at the stench emanating towards us, I turned to the others and suggested that we let it get a little darker, and then speed through the place as quickly as possible, sticking to alleyways and dimly lit streets.

Once dusk had truly set in, we returned to our vantage point, and prepared to descend into the street; we had only taken a couple of steps when somewhere close by, a mass of loud engines could be heard.

“Get back, get back!” I hissed to the girls.

Diving back off the road and anxiously peering around, we soon spotted the origin of the noise; three black vans, accompanied by a handful of motorcycles, sped around the corner and stopped right beside the bike dealer. The vans were painted on the sides and on the bonnets, with some sort of gang symbol.

“What are those things?” Rainbow Dash asked, pointing to the bikes.

Sshh!” I hushed, whipping around to face her.

The back doors to each van opened and men emerged from them, which prompted the riders to dismount. Every one of them brandished the guns they were armed with, and a couple of them fired rounds off into the air, which brought forth screams of panic from the few people that remained on the street. Within seconds, everyone who wasn't with the gang had run away into their homes, doors by the dozens could be heard slamming shut, and the already dismal street became a whole lot more woebegone. We all watched intently as the very obvious leader of the gang made his presence known; a lanky caramel-skinned individual, with camo trousers and two bandoliers across his torso, and a great black skull tattooed on his bare chest. His arms too, were coated from shoulders to wrists with tribal tattoos; whoever this guy was, he meant business.

“Jeez, that guy looks pretty bad.” Rainbow Dash murmured.

“Indeed…” I whispered back to her.

The man clapped his hands together and then pointed at the bike dealer's shop, to which two other men walked ahead with some bolt cutters and started breaking through the chains that secured the bikes out on display. The owner of the shop stormed out and started shouting at the culprits, and then turned to their boss and waved his arms around in protest. Without warning or hesitation, the leader pulled a pistol from the holster on his leg and shot the owner in one of his knees; he fell to the ground, screaming in agony, before making a futile attempt to crawl away. After letting the poor man crawl for quite some distance, the leader fired off another round, directly into the back of his head.

“Holy shi-”

I interrupted Rainbow Dash by grabbing her muzzle tightly and clamping it shut.

“Keep it down, unless you want to end up like him!”

Nodding with wide eyes, the pegasus realised just how much danger we were in; I let go of her muzzle and looked out across the street and realised that for as dire as the situation was, it also presented an opportunity.

“Everyone’s hiding in their homes.” I started, “We're not getting a better chance to sneak through this place, so let's hurry up and get a move on.”

“Move now? Are you crazy?” Applejack gasped quietly.

Ignoring AJ, I asked Rarity if any of her illusion magic could help distract the gang.

“Oh, um, well I-I can perform a few parlour tricks.” she stammered, “I can project a few sound effects, and conjure uh, lights, smoke, shadows, that sort of thing.”

Taking no time to form a plan, I instructed Rarity to bewilder the gunmen, with a series of loud crashing and banging sounds, along with enveloping them in the thickest smoke she could possibly summon, with perhaps a bright flash or two. Gulping loudly, Rarity took a deep breath and her horn lit up, and from beneath the vans and bikes came a dark haze; it billowed up and up, until it completely swallowed everyone. Then from within, came all sorts of sudden sounds, such as pottery and glass being shattered, and the raucous clattering of pots and pans. The magical trickery worked a treat, and the men were sent into a blind panic; they began to shout out in bewilderment, followed by opening fire. Bullets were sent out in all directions, with one or two coming our way and smacking the concrete close by.

“Well, that was effective.” I murmured.

Emerging from our hiding place, I beckoned for the girls to follow me to a nearby alleyway, and at that exact moment, one of the gang-men emerged from Rarity's haze and spotted us. He froze in his tracks and stared at the ponies, wide-eyed and unable to comprehend exactly what he was seeing. Noticing the gun in his hands, I clenched my fists and prepared to rush at him, but before any hostile action could be made on either of our parts, a stray bullet came whizzing from the smoke and caught him in the back of the neck. He dropped his weaponry and writhed around momentarily, before ceasing to move.

“Is he, um...?” Fluttershy began to whimper.

“Oh my gosh...” Applejack breathed, quickly moving to obscure Pinkie's vision.

Rushing forward to the body, I took his gun, along with the spare magazine he carried. The gun was a Heckler & Koch UMP, a lightweight submachine gun of military grade, some undeniably decent kit, and certainly not the type of weapon that one would find in the hands of some small-time gangbanger.
This only begged the question, who the hell were these people?

“What is wrong with you? Put that thing down!” Twilight furiously hissed at me.

“Trust me, we want this.” I replied.

Before she could answer back, Rarity's decoys began to fade, and more of the armed men started to emerge, still confused out of their minds and shouting at one another. A few of them looked our way, but I was pretty sure that we had been able to slip into the alleyway before they had seen us. We all made our way along the narrow passageway until we reached the other side, where we stopped for a second to catch our breath.

“Jeez, that was insane...” Rainbow Dash puffed.

“Who were those people? Why did they just, roll up and attack that poor shopkeeper like that?” said Rarity.

Shaking my head, I pointed out the symbols I'd seen on their vans, along with the above-average gear, and speculated that these men belonged to something worse than a gang; they belonged to a cartel.

“What's that?” asked Twilight.

“Organised crime.” I replied, “Large-scale groups that specialise in black-market trading, and as you've seen, excessive brutality. They dominate places like this, and rule over the people that live there. Put it this way, they're the furthest thing from friendly.”

“You’re telling me?” Rainbow Dash blurted out, “They showed up, and within a few minutes, two people have frickin' died!”

“Well, let's get some bloody distance from them then.” I grumbled, noticing Pinkie and Fluttershy out of the corner of my eye, struggling to keep it together.

Taking point, I guided the ponies through the rest of the alleyway and across the empty street beyond it; slowly but surely, we progressed through the favela, until we at last came upon an alley with a dead end.

“Where to now?” Rarity asked.

I looked around, and spotted an ajar wooden door, which led into someone's home.

“Through there.”

“There could be people in there!” Twilight pointed out.

“We don't have a damn choice!” I snapped back, “It's either through here and into the street beyond, or we go back on ourselves and say hi to the bloody cartel.”

Gulping, Twilight quickly weighed our options and gave me the go-ahead, as did the others. I raised my gun and pushed my way into the building. I was met with a middle-aged man reading a book to his daughter, and close by was a woman, who was clearly the child's mother; she screamed upon seeing me, and the man jumped to his feet and stood between me and his child, immediately prepared to give his life for her.

“Por favor! Por favor, não nos machuque!” he cried out, putting his hands up.

To their left was a narrow staircase, which presumably led up to their bathroom and bedroom, and it was here that I'd direct them to, while the ponies ran through and made it into the next street, via the front door.

Get upstairs, now!” I boomed, gesturing to their staircase with my gun.

Despite not knowing a word of English, my body language said everything required for them to understand me; the man scooped up his child and ran to the stairs. The woman dropped to her knees and put her hands together, loudly sobbing to me in Portuguese.

For goodness sake, go up the bloody stairs!” I roared angrily, pointing the barrel at her.

Thankfully, she got the message, and clambered up the stairs, where I heard a door slam. Inhaling deeply, I knew that the job was done, and beckoned for the girls to come in.

“It’s safe.” I said dryly.

Rainbow Dash entered the room first, before the others joined her; they all gathered around me, their eyes full of fear.

“You sound, quite horrendous, when you shout...” Rarity mumbled.

Taking a deep breath in, I sighed and shook my head.

“I’m sorry, but right now, I'm trying to get you through this place alive.” I responded, “I don't think we can afford me being the good guy right now, especially not with that cartel close by.”

“We get it, you're letting your true colours show. Where to now?” Twilight spat.

Ignoring the jab, I opened the front door and looked out.

“Goddammit.” I muttered through my teeth.

Although not totally packed, the street wasn't completely abandoned either; there were a handful of denizens roaming about, all looking somewhat fearful, probably on account of the gunfire they'd been hearing recently. On the other side, was another alleyway, and far beyond that, above all the buildings, was the shady outlines of the jungle; we were almost there.

“How do we get across?” Rainbow Dash quizzed, rubbing at the back of her neck.

Sniffing loudly, I racked my brains, and eventually, and idea popped into my head.

“When I shout for you lot to go, I want you all to sprint across and into the alley, as fast as you can.”

“What are you going to do?” asked Twilight.

Holding my gun closer to my face to properly inspect it, I located the fire-mode dial and switched it to fully automatic, which is when I smirked to myself.

“Clear the street…”

I took a few paces into the road, before performing the most daring thing I’d ever done in all my life…

EVERYBODY MOVE!” I yelled, raising the UMP in the air, pulling the trigger.

All hell broke loose, everyone started screaming and running around frantically as my submachine gun fired off into the air; the continuous recoil almost took the weapon right out of my hands. I tightened my grip and continued firing until the magazine ran out, which by then, everyone had fled, and those who were still in eyeshot certainly weren't looking back.

Go! Go! Go!” I hollered at the top of my lungs.

The girls emerged from the building and sprinted across the road, not hesitating for a second. I speedily walked after them, while fiddling around with the gun, until I finally found the button that ejected the magazine.

“Now that’s what I call crowd control!” I laughed loudly, reaching the others.

“Dude... That was, insane!” Rainbow Dash cried out.

“Hell yeah it was.” I continued to chuckle, sliding the additional mag into the gun.

Flicking the fire-mode dial back to the two-round burst setting, I chose to be more careful with my remaining bullets, just in case I needed them. And need them I would, for as quietude returned to the street I had just terrorised, there came the rumbling of engines; multiple engines. Curiosity got the better of me, and upon sticking my head back out from the alley, I was horrified to see the three vans from earlier, along with the bikes that accompanied them. What was even worse, was when I realised something; they had seen me, and were pointing their guns at me.

“Guys...” I spoke, gulping, “Run...”

I turned away just as the gunfire began, followed by the sound of bullets smacking into the bricks behind me; my heart skipped a beat as the true realisation dawned upon me that I had just been shot at. Everyone burst into a sprint, and we hurtled down the alleyway like seven frightened cats, skittering all over the place and kicking up rubbish as we went. Behind us came the angry shouts as our pursuers gave chase, along with a handful of bullets, which thankfully hit no one. We took a left and entered an even thinner alley, where we were spotted by a random woman on the side of the street; she screamed loudly as we zoomed past, all far too terrified and in danger to be concerned with her.
Behind us came more gunfire, which abruptly silenced the woman's screaming.

{Oh fuck... Oh fuck...} I thought as I ran, realising that these people were fully after us.

Another right turn came up, and as everyone skidded around it, I stopped for a split second to twist around and take a few shots at the men; I wasn't intending to hit anyone, I couldn't even see them that clearly, but if they knew someone was returning fire, it would slow down their pursuit enough for us to recover some distance from them.
I was a decent shot, at least with an air rifle, for my brother had taught me quite extensively with one, but this was most certainly a step up from that. Still, after a few pulls of the trigger, I was rewarded with the distant cries from one of our assailants.

“Holy shit, I think I got one!” I gasped to myself.

With the men slowed down, and one out of commission, I turned around and continued to sprint after the girls; the adrenaline coursing through my veins was more than enough to help me catch up, which is where I found them skidding to a halt at a dead end, and this time, there were no ajar doors.

“No… No no no no no NO!!!” Twilight screamed out fearfully.

What do we do!?” Rarity shrieked.

Frantically looking around, I spotted a manhole a little further back where we'd come from. I zipped over to it and was able to remove the cover, and was immediately met with the smell of sewage.

“Down there, now!” I shouted.

With no time, nor options, the ponies clambered down into the hole. I grabbed a nearby bin and turned it over, using it to prop up my gun as I looked back to where our pursuers were just beginning to emerge from. Closing one eye and lining up my shots, I now had every intention to hit my targets. Pulling the trigger, bursts of rounds were sent down-range, and after a few misses, I was able to catch someone, hitting him square in the chest and bringing him to the ground.
The enemy returned fire, and bullets smacked into the bricks all around us, with one of them hitting the bin I was resting against; almost jumping out of my damn skin, I continued to desperately repel our chasers, landing hits on another gunman and causing him to keel sideways, to which he accidentally shot one of his own during his fleeting death throes.
Looking at the manhole, I saw that Twilight was the last pony to climb down; after firing off three more bursts, I rushed to the hole and jumped in, my feet landed on the unicorn's shoulders and we both tumbled down and hit the damp stone below.

“What the heck did you do that for!?” she barked at me.

“Much like you, I'd rather not die!” I clapped back.

From up above, shadows danced down through the manhole entrance, indicating that these bastards had no intention of giving up the chase. Gritting my teeth, I ordered everyone to keep running, and we came across a barred metal gate, with a large pipeline beyond it.

“I think we're going into a sewer network.” I stated, slamming the gate behind us.

“Explains the smell.” Rainbow Dash grumbled.

“My point is that these things are vast, so we might be able to lose them in here!” I continued, “So let's keep moving, and for the love of Celestia, don't stop!

With my gun almost empty, I feared that I wouldn't be able to hold them off if they caught up to us; I turned and ran, and after a good couple of minutes, it seemed like we were getting away. That was when the deafening gunshots came echoing down the pipes, followed by a few bullets ricocheting close by.

“Oh you guys just don't give up, do you!?” I growled angrily.

Sprinting at my absolute maximum, I came up close to Applejack, which was when a bullet whizzed past me and literally went into the mare's tail, striking the red band that bound the end of it; the band split open and her tail billowed out naturally.

{Jeez, that was too fucking close!} I thought.

More gunfire ensued, and suddenly, a searing pain went through my outer left thigh. I yelped loudly and lost my footing, tripping over and rolling in the muck in the centre of the sewer pipe. I attempted to use the momentum of my roll to get back up to my feet, but to no avail, the leg gave out and I came tumbling to a halt, gasping and growling in agony.

Callum, no!” Applejack screamed, slowing down and turning around.

Don't you dare stop for me Applejack! Run damn it, RUN!” I bellowed, glaring at her.

She nodded and galloped after her friends, while I rolled over and clutched my gun to my chest, before taking a deep breath and aiming at my attackers once more. The first man came into sight, and I didn't hesitate to put two rounds into him; he came tumbling down the pipe and skidded close to me. More men came into my line of sight, and I knew in my heart that I couldn't take them all, but that didn't mean I wasn't going to try; if I was going to die now, I was going to give the ponies as much help as I could before I went.

I had brought eight of them down, when my gun clicked loudly; my magazine was spent, and I was left without a single way to defend myself. A shot came my way and struck my left arm, straight in the triceps, and even with all the adrenaline, the pain was utterly excruciating. Crying out, I threw my rifle aside and looked up at the men as they charged towards me, but to my confusion and horror, they ignored me and sped past, choosing to pursue the ponies instead. I rolled over and reached out to them, groaning in agony, desperate to stop them somehow.

No...” I wept.

I had failed. We hadn't even found one piece of this stupid Orb, and I had already failed as their guide and protector. Why had Princess Celestia chosen me, only for this to happen? Had I really just doomed them, or would they escape? Perhaps I had bought them enough time to find a way out of the sewers and into the jungle? Feeling as though my life was coming to a close, I held on to the hope that I'd allowed them to get away, that they'd find another guide, and succeed in their mission.
And with that, I could face my death with pride.

A hand grabbed my arm, exactly where I'd been shot. I cried out in pain as I was rolled over, where I came face to face with the leader of these men. He squatted over me and stared into my eyes, analysing me.

“If you wish to hear me beg, then you will be disappointed.” I growled through gritted teeth.

Upon hearing these words, a dark, sickly smile emerged upon his face.

“Hmm, you got some heart kid.” he hummed in some sort of Hispanic accent.

Still smiling, he drew the pistol from his holster, grabbed me by the throat, and then smacked me in the side of the head with it. My head jolted to the side and I grunted deeply, and I very quickly felt blood trickle down the side of my face. Everything started to go fuzzy, which was when the man pistol whipped me once again, knocking me into a state of near unconsciousness. I could no longer see, and all the sounds around me became muffled. The last thought that came to me, was quite simply one of remorse, and I hoped that somehow, the ponies would be able to hear it.

{I'm sorry girls, I tried...}

The gun struck my head for a third time, and I was gone...


PreviousChapters Next