• Published 5th Aug 2013
  • 1,869 Views, 85 Comments

Raging Star - Kaf_Kraked_Poni



A very violent and strange creature arrives in Equestria, wreaking havoc amongst its civilians. After quelling the chaos, Celestia orders this bipedal primate to be forever banished, but who would house such a blood-thirsty creature?

  • ...
15
 85
 1,869

S1: Ep. 8 - Revelation (Pt.1)

“Do you realize how close we came to getting caught? All because you let your anger get the best of you,” Viololá scolded toward the sulking boy in the cave.

“It wasn’t strong enough,” Raging Star said sullenly. “I could still feel Mighty Frey’s presence after the attack.”

“Are you listening to me?!” The Unicorn threw her arms up and released a hushed screech. “If we’re going to escape,” she began, “we have to be more careful about how we go about casting magic now, understand?”

“I understand,” the boy replied. “I understand that I’ve wasted enough time in this hole, and I think it’s about time we get out of here.”

“Is nothing I say getting through that thick head of yours?”

“It is, and I don’t like it at all!” Raging Star growled back. “What’s stopping you from swiping that antidote?”

“How about your Minotaur friends?” Viololá answered. “Because of them, guard has doubled and Roxie is more cautious than ever.”

“Then we’ll just have to wait.”

“What? What happened to ‘getting out now?’” Viololá asked with her arms crossed. Raging Star smiled.

“Satyan knows I’m here, so he’ll try to bust me out. He’ll kill Roxie and then we leave in the chaos.”

“You… You thought of that?” The boy frowned.

“What’s that supposed to mean? I’m not stupid you know,” he shouted.

“Could’ve fooled me,” the mare replied.

***

“The moon is still high. Good,” Satyan chuckled. The orange bull motioned for his army to march. The multitude of workers began the trek down the gorge. Mighty Frey stood next to Satyan, watching as each bull and cow passed under the both of them without so much as a word.

“This is what it’s like to be feared?”

“This is what it is like to be respected,” Satyan corrected the young bull. “I promised them freedom, as I said I would. I spent the last several decades earning their trust, and now that we have a definite location of the boy, they believe in my aptitude as a leader.”

“And then you lead them on to their deaths,” Mighty Frey finished.

“You seem to have a problem with that, Mighty,” Satyan grunted, turning around. “Tell me, what is on your mind. Aren’t you excited that we’re so close to victory?”

“Actually,” the young bull interjected, “I’m not.” The bull’s master sheathed his grin behind a low scowl.

“How so?”

“The fact that you would sentence them to their deaths like this… just for your own gain? I don’t feel entirely right doing that,” Mighty stated.

“Is that so? It would appear as if you don’t wish to see Equestria in our possession, am I right?” Satyan approached the younger bull; a dark haze glassed over his eyes.

“I don’t care for it, not after what I went through today.” Mighty stepped back, but did not falter in making his statement.

“Heh, Raging Star buries you under some rocks and you suddenly want out? You must be weaker than I imagined,” Satyan snorted. “And to think, I confided everything of my plans in you.”

“Then you made a mistake,” the other bull snorted. “I only went along with your plan to get back at Raging Star for making my life hell at the plantation. It seems though, he’s progressed far enough to where I can’t even touch him.”

“Well, he certainly shows much more prospect than you right now,” Satyan growled. “Yes, you’re right. I could care less about those fools down there, and this fool right here. All I want is Equestria, and Raging star will be my weapon to achieve that!”

“Do what you want,” Mighty Frey said, turning away. “I no longer wish to serve under you.”

“Where are you going?” Satyan bellowed. He was suddenly in front of the other bull. “Don’t forget, you still belong to me whether you want to be my right-hand or not.”

“Maybe if we were back at the farm, and I was still in chains, I would consider that a threat,” Mighty replied. “But you liberated me the moment I agreed to be a part of your plan, and it’s not our custom to go back on our word. You, however, intend to do that more than enough for our whole race.”

“Then your decision is made?” Satyan smirked at the young bull’s nod. “Wrong answer, son.” Energy swirled around his body in a flurry of red lightning and shadowy flames. Mighty Frey stood back, overwhelmed by the sheer power Satyan was giving off by simply standing in front of him.

“Is that necessary?” he screamed, blocking his face from the howling energy.

“Your punishment must match the crime,” Satyan replied with a wide smile. “Heresy and treason is punishable by death!” He smashed a fist into the young bull’s gut, bringing the wounded Minotaur to his knees. “What a weakling,” Satyan grunted, kicking Mighty away. “That’s only two percent of my full power.”

Damn it, Mighty thought, struggling to rise. First Raging Star… now Satyan… is there no end to this?

“This should be enough to finish it,” Satyan growled, pointing his finger at Mighty. “Say hello to everybody when they meet you in Tartarus, and don’t forget to thank them for me.” Energy collected at the orange bull’s index finger and fired into his victim’s chest.

The force lifted Mighty Frey off of his knees and into the air. He glared at Satyan one last time before plummeting below, out of sight. The orange Minotaur snorted in satisfaction and powered down. With his energy returning to normal, he looked over the moonlit horizon, towards the gorge that housed his weapon. A smirk lined his face again and he leapt off of the spire in the sky to join his forces below.

***

“Roxie, scouts have located Minotaur around the gorge. They are led by an orange bull with a golden ring in his snout!”

“Then he is here,” Roxie said, staring at the wall behind the soldier. “Roxie knows of Mr. Satyan. He’s the owner of Satyan Square, biggest rock farm in his country.” The poodle smiled and rose from her seat. “But he has no power and is without a proper army,” she added.

“There are… lots of Minotaur, Roxie,” the guard replied.

“But they are workers, yes?” she asked. “Roxie has soldiers, and he has slaves. Not to mention, she’ll have Raging Star on her side. He’ll kill Satyan, and then Roxie will be the only gem factory in this hemisphere!”

“What do we do then?” the dog asked.

“Let the stupid cows into the gorge,” she replied, removing her pauldrons and cape from their hanging rack. “When they are trapped, we will kill them all.” She unsheathed her rapier, and swung it around a few times before resting it back into its jewel encrusted sleeve. “Report all warriors to the armory,” she ordered. “Ditch the iron armor, and garb Roxie’s soldiers in the diamond suits.”

“What about Roxie? She has no diamond armor.”

“Roxie,” she chuckled, “has her special suit already. She wears it everyday.”


“What now?” Viololá asked aloud, peering through the cell bars. Various barks and scattered movements began to fill the air.

“He’s probably on his way,” Raging Star replied to her.

“How would you know that?”

“I think it’s the magic,” he said with a shrug. “I’ve always been able to feel others’ energy, just not as great until now, like back when I was fighting Mighty Frey.”

“You can’t mean you’ve already become so adept at magic in such a short time?” The pony looked at the boy up and down and swallowed. Something was different about him, but it hadn’t even been a day. How could his power rise so quickly?

“It must be night time,” he said then, staring at his cellmate as well. “I can’t explain it, but I feel stronger whenever it’s night. Especially when I stand under the moon’s light.”

“What an odd thing to experience,” she said. “You know, the moon’s tied to a very special pony in Equestria. She’s in charge of making sure it comes up every night.”

“Then I’ll have to thank her in person if I ever see her,” Raging Star said. “Because the moon is the only way I was able to make it through Satyan Square every night.”

“They are coming, hurry you dogs!” The shout echoed throughout the cavern and caught both prisoners’ attentions. “Minotaur are invading. Roxie says to keep prisoners safe and deal with the pests!”

“Hey,” Raging Star called out to the mutt.

“Shut up, you!” he barked back.

“I’m getting out of here tonight,” the boy sneered at the guard. “Just you watch.” Viololá rolled her eyes at his gaudiness.

“Don’t be too sure,” the dog snarled. “Roxie is more powerful than you think!”

“I don’t care about her fight with Satyan,” the boy spat back. “I’m getting out of here whether she wins or not, and I’m willing to bet she won’t.”

“How dare you!”

“Don’t listen to him!” the Unicorn intervened. “He’s just a stupid boy who likes to talk.”

“You’re right about that,” the guard replied. “I’ll be sure to let Roxie know you think she’ll lose.” The mutt hurried away, barking some commands and vanishing into the cacophony of working bodies.

“There you go again, running your mouth,” Viololá scolded.

“But it’s the truth,” the boy replied. “We’ll both be out of here by the end of the night.


“Prepare arms!” Bo announced at the head of the line. His army drew their weapons, blades of fine steel and shields of great worth. The bulldog clutched in his grasp an improved bastard blade, forged from the secret caverns below the earth. His reflection stared back at him, strong and ready to strike.

“Roxie does not let us use this equipment often,” a commanding officer announced. “We wear it proud because it displays the strength of Roxie’s Den, and the power of the Diamond Dog race!” Cheers and howls filled the canyon. Roxie stood at the front lines, arms crossed and silent.

“The boys are ready Roxie,” Bo panted. “Bo is excited as well. I can’t wait to shred a Minotaur with my blade!”

“You and the litter may have all that you wish,” Roxie said from her perch. “Leave the orange one to Roxie.”

From the distance, a cloud of dust began to form. As it grew larger, a tumultuous thumping began to emanate from the line of bodies charging at the Diamond Dogs. At the head of the masses was a brightly shaded orange bull.

“Minotaur, show these mutts your true strength!” Satyan roared. His followers erupted in a great shout of their own. “Kill these dogs and any treasure you find will be yours!”

Roxie removed herself from her perch and began charging at the roaring crowd ahead of her. The dogs behind her barked and howled furiously before moving in as well. Satyan increased his speed, charging at a rate faster than a Minotaur could even imagine. The two leading figures were then lost in the waves of battle as each side collided in full force. In the inevitable clash, Satyan shot his fist out at Roxie’s muzzle. The poodle countered by ducking under the attack and thrusting her rapier into Satyan’s gut.

“You’re fast for a Minotaur,” Roxie commented. Her blade rested alone in the air where Satyan should’ve been stabbed. He instead was behind the poodle, about to strike. She rolled out of the way and swiped at the bull’s legs with her own. The attack didn’t even stun him.

“You’re weak for an alpha,” he replied. He grabbed her legs and brought her upward. His other fist slammed into her breastplate as he released his hold. The force sent Roxie flying towards the Minotaur army.

She regained her form in the air and landed on the ground perfectly. A Minotaur worker assaulted her from behind, but she spun around in a pirouette with her blade held outward. The Minotaur ran into the trap, sliced open in a few swift slashes. Two more ambushed her from the air, swinging their weapons down hard.

Roxie jumped, sliding past their crude tools and relinquishing their heads from their bodies in one quick motion. Before they hit the floor, she kicked each of their decapitated forms at the orange bull below.

Satyan knocked each body out of his way as they came flying towards him. Behind the last body was Roxie, blade poised to strike. Satyan dodged each strike, and kicked his opponent away in a pause between the assaults.

“Annoying pest,” he growled.

“Damn that bull,” Roxie said, clutching her side.

“I’ll admit, you should be dead already from my attacks, so you must be wearing some impressive armor,” Satyan said.

“Mythreal,” Roxie announced, panting. “It can withstand even a strike from a dragon. But the real question is, how does one like yourself acquire such speed? Minotaur are known for their bulk, not their agility.”

“I have my ways,” the Minotaur snorted. “You can simply hand over the boy and I’ll end this right now,” Satyan continued.

“What makes you think that your pitiful boars can stop Roxie’s army? You should beg Roxie for the end, because she holds all of the cards.”

“So you think,” Satyan replied, strengthening his stance.

Roxie grinned and barked into the air. Two pairs of paws erupted from the dirt, clutching onto the Minotaur’s ankles. The Diamond Dogs burst from the dirt and clamped their jaws into his thighs. From behind, a large pit bull grappled Satyan in a double shoulder lock, biting down onto the bull’s neck as well.

“Yes, so I do,” she replied, sprinting in for a stab. Satyan roared at his opponent, slowing her advance and rattling the dogs around him. He increased his power some, and blew away the animals chaining him down.

“Then you thought wrong!” After freeing himself, he charged at Roxie who had tried to regain her footing.

“Stop, Roxie orders you to stop!”

“And why would I do that?” Satyan chuckled. He continued the charge, yet somehow, he began to feel odd. A hot stinging sensation drilled its way outward, forcing the Minotaur to rethink his current strategy. He clutched his gut and bellowed wildly as the pain intensified. “What is this?”

“Poison, of Roxie’s concoction,” the poodle laughed. “Roxie made sure to line her soldiers’ teeth and claws in the liquid. It gives Roxie full control over your body. Disobey, and you will explode from the inside out!”

“A poison? Is that it?”

“Do not think you can overcome it. Even the monkey boy cannot resist its power.” Satyan rose to his hooves after the pain began to fade.

“Roxie is in control, so order your slime to quit, now,” she barked.

“No,” he replied, clenching his fists. He exhaled deeply and assumed a squat in front of the dumbfounded poodle.

“Do you wish to die? Do it or you will die!”

“Like bull I will,” Satyan chuckled. He strained in his stance, groaning at first and visibly disrupting the blood flow in his body. Veins lined his forehead and biceps as his groans turned into shouts. Roxie could feel the wind pick up as the Minotaur began screaming into the night. Her eyes widened as a whirlwind began to form around the bull, much like she had seen before.

“It can’t be,” she stammered.

Satyan continued to power up, rupturing the earth as he amassed the evil magic within his body outward. His eyes changed, burning deep with rage, becoming as black as the darkest abyss. A glowing red pupil shone in the dark, barely filling the void with light. His muscles expanded and his fur deepened in hue.

“Stop it, stop it! Roxie commands it!” she cried out. The surrounding area watched in terror as the Minotaur commander grew in size, standing a good three feet above the poodle now. The whipping winds ceased their howling and a small electrical storm was left in the wake of the chaos. The lightning eventually dissipated as well, leaving behind a frightening monster of a beast looming over the shaking Diamond Dog.

“Your little poison has no effect on me now,” Satyan chuckled. He snorted loudly, drawing what appeared to be a loogie from deep within his throat. He brought the mass to his mouth and spat out a gooey purple liquid onto the floor. “It has been purged from my system,” he finished.

“Even so,” Roxie growled, “Roxie will still kill you! She has a secret weapon as well!” Whistling into the air, a couple of Diamond Dogs began burrowing deep into the earth. Satyan smiled as if knowing what they were going to retrieve.

“It’s a shame you need a boy to deal with me,” Satyan growled. “But you won’t live long enough to see the outcome.”

“Roxie… is not afraid of you!” the poodle barked, summoning a few of her soldiers to attack Satyan. The dogs swung their blades at the Minotaur, yet he remained still, allowing the swords to collide with his fur. Every one of them shattered upon impact.

“Then why order your lackeys to do the dirty work?” he replied to her. Satyan took a step, but Bo had halted his advance.

“Stay away from Roxie, or Bo will destroy you!”

“Worm,” the Minotaur said and took another step. Bo swung his sword at the bull’s neck, but Satyan lifted his finger up in defense. “Little puppies shouldn’t play with knives,” he chuckled, breaking the weapon by flexing his index finger.

“You’re not a Minotaur,” Roxie screeched. “You’re a monster!”

“Duly noted,” Satyan replied, building up energy in the same raised finger. Roxie barked several commands into the air, causing the dogs to retreat. She shoved Bo out of the way and bolted off past Satyan.

“Flee!” she cried out. “Flee and protect Roxie!”

“You never stood a chance,” Satyan said and held his arm high. The ball of magic began firing smaller beams into the air, targeting and stabbing through the Diamond Dogs within the gorge. One shot was enough to penetrate their armor and end their lives. Roxie peered back, stunned at the slaughter taking place. She hastened her pace, making for the safety of the den, but yelped loudly as a beam of energy burned its way through her armor and into the adjacent wall. She fell to the ground, as did every dog that stood in Satyan’s path.

***

“Roxie is dead!” one of the guards below the earth cried. The news spread throughout the catacombs, sending the den into a panic.

In the dungeon, the guards were working swiftly to excavate the gems and precious metals and began transporting them to secret areas of the mine. Raging Star and Viololá were being escorted in the same tunnels, deeper into the earth.

“I don’t believe it…” Viololá muttered. “Roxie is actually dead. Guess we don’t need that antidote now.”

“So why are we still in chains!?” the boy expressed furiously.

“You fool,” she rebuked. “We’re trying to escape, not get ourselves killed. The other dogs are in autopilot right now. That means, their orders are to get us to safety and then transport the goods to areas around Sapphira. If we bide our time a little longer, we can escape without having to deal with a crazed Minotaur!”

“I’ll take Satyan on,” Raging Star roared. “I have magic now, and he’ll be powerless against me!”

“Whoa, what’s that?!” Viololá asked as the earth began to tremble. Raging Star glanced towards the ceiling. For a moment, he remained still. Then, his body began to tremble. The once powerful gaze he gave his companion softened, and assumed a more submissive state.

“N-no way, that can’t be right… That’s not possible!” The Unicorn looked at her companion and urged an explanation. “Did you feel that?”

“I’ve felt it since we started moving,” she replied. “It’s an enormous amount of magic energy. The kind I’ve only felt in ancient relics.”

“But… but it’s familiar… It’s Satyan’s energy,” Raging Star said. “How does he know magic?”

“Let’s not wait around to find out!” the Unicorn replied and began moving again. The earth started to shake, causing the Diamond Dogs surrounding the duo to whimper with their tails tucked in. Another violent rupture forced them to flee, abandoning the prisoners in a long, dark tunnel.

“What the hell?! Where does this lead?” Raging Star asked.

“Somewhere that’s not here, come on!” Viololá cried, bolting down the tunnel. Raging Star followed after her, all the while keeping track of the large power approaching them.

“How do you know when we’ve reached the end?”

“When we see light,” Viololá answered the boy. “This tunnel leads to the surface, I know this much.”

“Alright, I trust you,” Raging Star said. The Unicorn peered behind her and gave the boy a smile.

“Thanks,” she replied. He, in return, faced away from her and pouted. “It’s not much further, I can see where the tunnel ends.”

“Good, because I’m dying for some fresh-” Raging Star was cut off as a large mound of dirt and rocks fell in between himself and Viololá. The cave-in knocked the boy on his rear, filling the cavern with suffocating dust and debris.

“Raging Star?! Raging Star, can you hear me?” cried the voice of the Unicorn on the other side.

“Yeah,” the boy coughed. “I’m fine. It’ll take more than a little dirt to kill me.”

“Hold on, I’m going to try to break through.”

“What?” The boy stared at the dirt mound. She was trying to rescue him? When the exit was only a few more meters away? “Just go, I’ll find another way out. I can probably punch my way through.”

“Don’t try to act all macho on me, boy,” Viololá rang from the other side. “This will only take a minute. I’ll use my magic to break through without causing another cave-in.” Raging Star did not reply. He wasn’t sure how to. Was she serious? Was she actually going to try and save him? He wanted more time to ponder the question, but a sharp chill bulleted through his body, freezing the boy in place.

“Viololá, you gotta go!” he called out, turning towards the other end of the cavern.

“I just said don’t be so dramatic!”

“No,” Raging Star shouted back, “It’s Satyan, he’s found me. If you’re caught in the crossfire, you’ll die!”

“And if he catches you, you’ll die!”

“Why do you care if I live or not, you don’t know me!” The tunneling on the other side stopped. The boy turned his head and watched as a light glow began to outline the fallen rock. The collapsed earth pushed away to the side, forming two support pillars on either side of the cave wall. In the opening stood the female pony, glaring at the tailed boy with harsh eyes.

“No, I don’t, not really,” she answered. “But where I come from, we don’t just leave other ponies to their deaths, and we sure as Tartarus don’t leave behind a friend.”

“What makes you think I’m your friend?” Raging Star snapped back.

“Well, you’re the only other sentient contact I’ve had since a drooling mutt dragged me away from my country,” she started, walking over to him. She kneeled down to his level and wiped away some dirt on his face. He swatted her hand away, and growled. “Not to mention, you just told me to leave out of concern for my well being.” With that, she smiled.

“N-no, that’s not why I did that!” he stammered back. “I just didn’t want you to get in the way! You’d be too much of a distraction if I have to trample over your body to fight!”

“Whatever, tough guy,” she responded and started back through the tunnel. “Are you coming? Or are you gonna let him catch us?” The boy stamped his foot on the ground and crossed his arms.

“I’m not your friend,” he muttered, following her again. “You’re just going to help me escape, and then we’re splitting up.”

“And where would you go?”

“It doesn’t matter,” he replied. “No one seems to want me anywhere, so maybe I’ll just hide away and live alone.”

“Got any chips and dip for that pity party?” Viololá asked. Raging Star looked at her and scowled.

“Smart ass,” he remarked. Thier quest, however, was once again interrupted by a massive tremor throughout the earth.

“This guy wants you that bad, huh?”

“I don’t know why!” Raging Star cried, regaining his footing. “He thinks it’s some kind of game, sending me into the wild, and now hunting me like an animal!”

“Oh, but you must not know how much fun it’s been then!” A gruff voice sounded from above. Raging Star bolted over to Viololá, shoving her out of the way as a dark figure crashed through the earth, directly on top of where she just was.

“H-he’s huge!” she cried as the settling dust revealed the brute.

“Bigger than the last time I saw him,” Raging Star said, swallowing some fear.

“Flattery won’t get you anywhere. You know that, boy!”

“Okay, so you found me, what now?” he asked the Minotaur.

“Isn’t it obvious? I want to see how much you’ve progressed! Show me what a few days in the elements has done to you,” Satyan responded.

“So that’s what this is about?! You wanted to test my strength? Busting up rocks wasn’t good enough for you!?” Satyan rammed his fist into the boy’s face. Raging Star flew back past Viololá and skid along the ground before crashing into the wall.

“Get back up, I know you can take a punch,” he snorted.

“You! You monster! How can you just smack a child around like that?” Viololá screamed. She rose to her hooves and formed two magic spheres in the palm of her hands. She launched both attacks at Satyan, who stood idle as the attacks crashed into his body.

“If this is all Equestria has to offer, taking it over will be a cinch,” the Minotaur chuckled. Not even a scratch lined his body.

The Unicorn stepped back and summoned the magic energy again. This time, she formed two fists and brought them together, spreading the magic all around her body. Blue flames arose around her as the energy whirled freely about the cave. The embers lit up the cavern in a light blue hue. Viololá Lulamoon crouched down, bringing her guard up as well and increasing the flow of magic that streamed from her horn.

“What do you mean, taking it over?” she asked, burning hot with anger. “I thought you just wanted the boy?”

“I do want him, he’s essential to my plan,” Satyan replied. “But I don’t need to inform you about that.” He charged in, ramming into the Unicorn with his horns pointed out. Viololá thrust her arms out in response, grabbing Satyan and halting his attack. He lifted upward, bringing his opponent to the ceiling. Viololá slammed into the dirt, but held on tight. As Satyan brought his head down for another strike, she released her hold and somersaulted over him.

The mare landed on her hooves and swung them about, kicking at Satyan’s legs. He withstood the attack and looked over his shoulder, grinning.

“Why does everyone do that as if it’ll work?” he laughed, and lifted his leg into the air. He brought it down, sending a massive shockwave throughout the tunnel. The crater of which he formed in the ground birthed a speeding fissure heading right towards the Unicorn. She formed a barrier underneath her body and sprinted over the gaping hole in the earth, floating above the crack with her magic. Energy gathered in her hands, and she unleashed volley after volley of magic blasts at the burly Minotaur. Satyan brought his arms up, resisting each assault.

“Damn it, he’s too strong! Even for my magic,” Viololá shouted. “I’m going to have to do that technique!” Satyan dropped his guard and prepared for the charging Unicorn. She increased her speed, and brought one of her fists up, cocking it back for a strike.

“You must have spent too much time with the brat if you’re just going to go charging at me,” Satyan laughed. He held out his hand and released several balls of dark magic at the Unicorn. She evaded each one and leapt at the Minotaur with her fist still in the air. Satyan swung now, swiping at the Unicorn in the air. He followed through with his chop, yet there was no target in front of him.

“I’m behind you, you turd!” Viololá screamed. All of her magic gathered into her fist, turning her hand into a bright, blue, burning orb. “Ursara Minor!” She rammed her fist into Satyan’s back, knocking the Minotaur off of his hooves. A roaring bear erupted from the burst of magic, tearing into and mauling him about the cave. The creature gave one final bite before igniting into larger flames and exploding, throwing both bodies away from each other. The attack had upset the earth further, causing dirt and rock to collapse once more.

Viololá waited for the cloud to vanish, hoping to see her enemy defeated, or at least wounded enough so she could escape. Her body began to shake and her horn throbbed. As the dust settled, she reeled back, eyes opened wide and mouth gaped.

“Tactful, I’ll give you that,” Satyan snorted as small blue embers licked about his physique.

“How did you survive that?” Viololá huffed. “I put all of my energy into that attack.”

“You managed to singe some of my fur, so don’t lose heart too much,” he chortled. With a forceful exhale, the flames over his body extinguished themselves. The exhausted Unicorn slumped on the ground as dirt and sand moved freely about, altering the cavern walls.

“You can’t be real,” she gasped. “How could someone as strong as you claim to need a boy as a tool?” The grin on Satyan’s face grew into a large smile. Viololá shuddered at the expression.

“Because, Raging Star houses a power that exceeds even my own. I shall harness that power, and we will be unstoppable!” His laughter filled the collapsing cave. Viololá jumped to her hooves and rushed over to Raging Star’s body.

“Wake up, we have to get out of here!” she shouted, shaking him.

“Don’t hit… so hard…” he replied, stirring finally.

“Raging Star, we’re going to die if you don’t help us escape!”

“You’re worried about dying from a little dirt?” Satyan bellowed from across the cave. “Forget the earth, worry about the demon in front of you!” The bull assumed his previous horse stance and began charging his magic again. With a loud exclamation, he thrust his hands outward, causing a large explosion within the closed space. Immediately, the sky could be seen, and the falling dirt was replaced with a billowing cloud of dust. Wind graced the trio’s faces and the cool night air refreshed their bodies.

“What in the world?” the Unicorn muttered, still clutching onto the boy.

“Well now, we won’t have to worry about that pesky cave-in,” Satyan said, dusting off his shoulders. “Wake the boy up now, so I can really test my strength.”

“What? What is that in your hand?” Viololá asked.

“The key to my success,” Satyan gloated. He pressed the red button in the middle of the device, and it flashed a bright light into the air. The clouds parted, revealing the stoic crescent moon. The device began to flash a different light now, one that overshadowed the sickle in the sky.

“Is that a… full moon?!” Satyan grinned at the Unicorn’s inquiry.

“It’s your death, Pony.”

Author's Note:

Hey Folks! Just like Goku I return after a long awaited... err, wait!
I've got my drive back thanks to Budokai, and now I feel like I just had a senzu bean. In other news, here's a longer chapter this time. I promised escape from Sapphira, and while I didn't say where our characters are, they're done with that place.

I'm about to update the Power Level Blog (make a new one entirely) and then continue working on my other stories. As it stands, we're halfway through the first season of this fic. Yay! and expect greater battles to come.