• Published 5th Aug 2013
  • 1,869 Views, 85 Comments

Raging Star - Kaf_Kraked_Poni



A very violent and strange creature arrives in Equestria, wreaking havoc amongst its civilians. After quelling the chaos, Celestia orders this bipedal primate to be forever banished, but who would house such a blood-thirsty creature?

  • ...
15
 85
 1,869

S1: Ep.2 - Foreshadowing

“I’m going to kill that monkey!!!” The enraged Minotaur shrieked. He stamped his hooves on the ground. Steam rolled out of his nose and ears, clouding his already furious bloodshot eyes.

“I’d like to see you try!” Raging Star yelled back.

“Raging Star! Stop! Obey your master!” Mr. Satyan charged into the rock field, swooping past the on looking workers mesmerized by another one of the crazy monkey’s unruly antics. The tiny body of the seven-year old terror sprung into the air, hands open wide and reaching for his opponent’s jugular. “I said STOP!” Satyan’s voice boomed throughout the rock farm, startling everybody back to work; everybody except the boisterous Raging Star.

Mr. Satyan reached down, grabbing the chain along the floor and tugged viciously, tripping up Raging Star and a few other Minotaur. The boy fell flat on his face, yelling obscenities into the dirt as Satyan approached closer. The orange-coated bull clamped onto Raging Star’s tail and tugged, causing a painful yelp to escape from the boy into the dusty cracked earth.

“When I say quit it, I mean it boy!” Satyan roared. He used his free hand to clutch onto Raging Star’s spikey hair, bringing his face off of the ground. Raging Star clenched his teeth tighter as Satyan lifted higher.

“GAAAHHH! Okay! Okay! I’m done! Let go!” he screamed. Satyan snorted furiously into Raging Star’s face and slammed his head onto the ground. Releasing the boy’s tail, the Minotaur eyed his other workers savagely and bellowed throughout the farm.

“If anybody else wants to end up like Raging Star, keep this shit up!” Satyan peered at the gasping boy underneath his hooves and snorted again, stomping away this time and motioning toward the other guilty party. “What did he do this time?” Satyan asked.

“I was just trying to humble the little runt,” the other Minotaur said, spitting on the ground.

“That is not your job worm. I better not see you so much as even look at that boy again, understand?!” The cowering Minotaur did not eye his master, but nodded in agreement.

The slaves resumed work, bashing the infinite throng of stones that littered Satyan Square. Raging Star rose slowly, wrapping his tail around his waist and wiping away the dirt clogged over his eyes and mouth.

“What are you looking at?” He whispered indignantly at the Minotaur next to him.

“Don’t start that again Raging Star,” a younger Minotaur called from across the chain.

“Shut up Mighty Frey,” Raging Star threatened, lifting his hammer. He brought the head down onto the stone in front of him, shattering the rock in one blow. “I am the strongest one here, Brute Force was being a big bully teasing me like that!”

“Nobody cares how strong you are kid,” the same Minotaur replied coldly. As he brought his hammer up a soft grunt escaped his lips. He released a satisfied snort as the tool collided with the boulder below, chipping another piece onto the ground. “What matters is how many stones you’ve crushed in a day. And with your strength you’d think you’d have the best output at Satyan Square.”

“Output shmoutput, It’s not my fault I’m a little slower than you guys!” Raging Star complained. “Mr. Satyan’s the one who gave me the oversized hammer and the biggest chains in the field. If he wanted me to do better he would treat me like he does you jerks!”

“We all get treated the same Raging Star,” Mighty Frey commented back, straining as he brought down another strike. “You just want to feel different. You already look different.”

The tailed boy growled feverishly. Lifting his tool again he swung down over and over against the mighty boulders that littered the farm. His tantrum did not cease until the handle of his hammer snapped, shattering the iron head in conjunction with the last boulder. Raging Star stood there, gripping the broken handle and glaring vengefully at the young Mighty Frey across from him.

“I swear… One of these days I’m going to crush your skull between my fingers!” he roared, further breaking his damaged tool.

“That’s your seventh hammer this month. Saytan is going to have your hide,” Mighty Frey said indifferently, resuming his work.

*****

“You broke your hammer again,” a feminine voice whispered from over the counter.

“How do you know that?” Raging Star asked, holding his tray out. The female Minotaur motioned with her eyes to the boy’s bloodied knuckles. He sighed exasperatedly and tapped the empty tray on the counter. The Minotaur filled his plate and urged him to move along.

Despite the twirling fans above, the heated hall did not cool. The room stunk of dried sweat and animal urine, the latter becoming more credible with every stain that lined the floors and walls. The only solace to be found was in the mediocre slop served to the working bulls of Satyan Square. Even that proved unfulfilling to the child.

“Don’t think Satyan has your back monkey boy,” a very familiar and annoying voice snarled.

“He sure was tuggin’ hard enough on it,” Raging Star replied.

“Don’t play smart with me boy,” Brute Force shouted. His fist slammed into the table. “I haven’t forgotten what you did to my neck! I’ll wring yours twice as hard!”

“You’ll need muscles in order to do that,” Raging Star teased. He lifted the fork to his mouth but suddenly dropped it. The small clanging sound of metal turned into a loud struggle as the entire table flipped over.

“You want muscles little runt?! I’ll show you muscles!”

“GUURK!” Raging Star choked out. His hands flailed about, clawing desperately at the oversized arm the Minotaur held him in. Their struggle shifted to the floor, Raging Star still locked in Brute Force’s crushing hold.

“Who’s going to save your ass now? Who’s going to save you now?!” Brute Force yelled thrashing around the floor with every violent jerk Raging Star made to get free. The tiny body of the monkey child lunged to and fro, seeking a way to escape the intolerable hold. Raging Star gasped for breath, unable to do anything at the moment. The room became dark and he began to feel light headed.

“Let him go Brute Force!” a voice cried out. The pissed Minotaur turned his head and received a powerful kick from the young Mighty Frey. He did not loosen his grip however, taking the hit and crashing among the other tables and workers with the monkey child still in his possession.

“I am going to make sure this runt dies! Forget the consequences! I’ll meet up with you in Tartarus and we can continue our little game there for all of eternity!” Brute Force chuckled out. He maddeningly glared at Raging Star as he uttered his last sentence.

Raging Star could feel life slipping away from him. Everything was becoming darker and quieter, and the dizziness in his head amplified to an excruciating degree. His movements slowed, and he did not fight against his captor as robustly as before.

“N-no… I don’t wanna die… I don’t wanna die!” Raging Star screamed in his head. A new sensation ignited over his body, refueling the soul of the depleted child. Brute Force cried out in surprise, dropping his grip as Raging Star’s body surfaced with a boiling aura of visible energy.

“What is that?!” the stunned bull stammered out. Raging Star knelt on the ground, clutching his neck and taking in as many breaths as he could. The manic energy still surrounded the boy, pushing down on everybody in the building. Raging Star rose, infuriated beyond compare, gritting his teeth savagely. Blood streamed down his palm as his fingernails cut deep into his clenched fists.

“I am going to kill you, and everyone in this room!” Raging Star declared heatedly. He leapt from his stance, charging once more at Brute Force, this time fists pumped and ready to strike. The startled Minotaur raised his arms in defense, blocking Raging Star’s first strike. Raging Star proceeded with another bone shattering punch, wailing heavily on Brute Force’s arms. The Minotaur screamed in pain at every interval, removing his battered limbs from the raged assault of the monkey beast. He quickly realized this was the wrong move and suffered a devastating blow to the chest from Raging Star.

Brute Force lifted off of the floor, flying backwards until he crashed out of the mess hall and into the dirt road leading towards the farming fields. Raging Star halted his attack, breathing heavily in place; his left arm outstretched in a perfect follow-through punch. The ground where he had taken off and landed was ripped apart, splintered into thousands of tiny wood fragments. A giant hole presented itself at the end of the hall, bloody and wide. The soft groaning of a severely injured Minotaur hummed within the small confines of the broken building. Mighty Frey, who had been observing from the side, crossed his arms.

“Mr. Satyan will not be pleased,” he muttered.

“Who cares about him?” Raging Star shouted.

“You need to calm down boy,” Mighty Frey said moving up suddenly. “Any more trouble and you’ll get us all locked up,” he said walking over to the feral child.

“Don’t touch me Frey!” Raging Star screamed, unleashing more energy. Mighty Frey shielded his face, blown back by the sheer power the primate child exuded off. Raging Star attacked, forcing Mighty Frey to dodge to the left. Raging Star crashed into the mess of tables and chairs behind Mighty Frey becoming more enraged that he had missed his target.

“Stay away Raging Star, you’ll hurt more than me if you keep this up. Think about everybody else,” the young Minotaur tried to reason to the child.

“I don’t care about anybody else. I’m going to make sure there is no ‘anybody else!’” Raging Star charged again, starting on all fours and springing into the air for another failed assault. Mighty Frey ducked, allowing the boy to pass over top of him and brought his hand up, clutching at Raging Star’s tail. The small boy immediately shrieked in pain, losing every ounce of energy he had just possessed. The Minotaur youth brought the boy over his head again, slamming him on the ground and holding tightly to the boy’s weakest spot.

“I said cool it!” Mighty Frey snorted out.

“OWWW! AUUUGH! LET GO! LET GO!” Raging Star pleaded in writhing pain. Mighty Frey released his grip, allowing Raging Star the chance to calm down. After a few moments, the monkey boy rose up, tears falling from his face. “I hate you stupid Minotaur,” he said looking around the room.

“We stupid Minotaur are all that you know. Without us, you’ve got nothing,” Mighty Frey said still panting. They both turned their heads to see a very cross Mr. Satyan standing in the doorway of the hall, dragging the incapacitated body of Brute Force behind him.

“Raging Star…” the orange coated Minotaur snorted, tossing Brute Force’s body into the room. “Clean this mess up and get to your quarters,” he ordered of the rest of the flock. “As for the monkey, he’ll be coming with me.”

*****

“How many lashes this time kid?” Mighty Frey asked as Raging Star walked by. He glanced over at the kid, examining his body thoroughly. A small chuckle caused Raging Star’s eyes to dart in Mighty Frey’s direction. “I bet he used the iron whip. There’s still not a scratch on you,” Mighty Frey said.

“Why aren’t you sleeping?” the sniffling boy asked. He rubbed the sore areas of his body. “It may not show but it still hurts!”

“I can’t sleep comfortably now, knowing there’s a homicidal maniac in my cabin,” Frey snorted. For once Raging Star did not answer, and instead gazed at the incomplete crescent that filled the night sky. “The whole lot of them are fearful for their lives. They won’t relax till you’re either dead or they know Satyan can control you,” Frey continued.

“Satyan will never control me,” Raging Star said still looking at the moon. “It’s funny. At night time it feels like I’m the strongest I can be. But…” He trailed off gaining Mighty Frey’s curiosity.

“I noticed that you look at the moon a lot,” the young Minotaur commented. “What kind of primate creature stares at the moon all night and has the strength of twenty golems?”

“Mr. Satyan says I’m not even from this world,” Raging Star grumbled kicking a stone away.

“A demon straight from Tartarus. I’d believe it after what happened tonight,” Frey said.

“I’m not a demon!” Raging Star shouted directly at Mighty Frey.

“You’re also not a Minotaur. Or a Griffon, or a Pony… Heck you’re not even a Monkey,” Frey added. “Maybe we’ll never know who or what you are, but I will say this. You’ve been the most excitement this farm has ever had in a while.” Frey left his post and headed into the gloomy shack, leaving Raging Star alone in the moonlit dark.

Raging Star glanced at the moon one last time and entered as well. He traversed the silent bunks until he found his way to his cot in the back of the room. Tiny murmurs sounded throughout the night, but Raging Star drowned the noised from his mind. Getting in bed, he shut his eyes and tried to listen for that sweet voice that comforted him every night since his arrival at Satyan Square. He didn’t know where it came from or who even spoke such kind words to him, but it didn’t really matter however, as long as he could recreate the vision in his mind.

“I don’t… hold anything against you,” Raging Star said softly, lulling himself to sleep.

*****

“He grows more powerful by the day, and I’m barely able to contain him as it is. I need enhancements Wizard,” Satyan complained flexing his right arm. “I cannot proceed until I know I can keep him bent under my will.”

“You seek darker magic Minotaur. Something that requires more stout payment than a few precious gems,” the hooded figure spoke from in front of the roaring fireplace.

“I’ll pay whatever I can. A small fortune is nothing compared to the riches of Equestria,” Satyan declared. He motioned about the room and snorted in exasperation. “I’ve waited long enough. Raging Star is just upon the cusp of maturity that Princess Luna requires, but I’m not yet ready to go ahead with this!”

“Relax Satyan,” the figure responded moving over to the irritated Minotaur. “I did not say I couldn’t provide this.” An unholy aura radiated from the figure’s forehead consequently manifesting in his hands.

“I’ve never seen such magic before,” Satyan said in awe.

“Tis nothing to gloat about Mr. Satyan,” the Unicorn replied. His cloak flapped wildly in the yellowish aura that whipped about his body. “If you truly wish to control this beast of a boy, then I require something more personal from you.”

“What are you doing?” Satyan cried out as mystical runes began to etch themselves into the enamel of his floor boards.

“I am servicing my client,” the Unicorn said in a distorted pitch. “Sell me your soul Satyan, and I will grant you immeasurable power, power that can tame the beast hidden within Raging Star!”

“Y-yes! Of course! Grant it to me, I’ll give anything to become that monkey’s controller!” Satyan responded without delay.

“Then it is done. The ritual shall commence,” the demonic Unicorn stated. Black flames began sprouting from his hands and his eyes, running down the caster’s body and filling the scratched crevices of the runes below. “Shadows of Equine, pour into my being and grant me the power to make this Minotaur’s dreams come true!”

Satyan watched as the Unicorn became engulfed in the dark flames that sprang from his body. A hellish glow danced off of the tongues of the embers and shot at the unsuspecting Minotaur. He growled painfully, holding back every impulse to cry and shout, allowing the flames to circle him as well. As if caught in a deep trance, he began to lose consciousness and suddenly submitted himself fully to the whim of the dark magic.

“You simple foal,” the Unicorn chortled out. “This power will eventually be your undoing, but for now it shall provide you with the necessary strength you require. Enjoy it while it lasts!” the Unicorn finished, laughing maliciously at the transforming Minotaur. Satyan fell to the floor with a thud, smoke rolling off of his body like a smoldering crater. The spell caster waited for a response, and was overjoyed at the mile wide grin that sprung from the shadows of his client’s face.

“My dear magician,” Satyan said still smiling. “I must thank you for your generosity.”

“You gave me your payment in full Satyan,” the Unicorn said turning to leave. “Surely your slaves will notice a significant difference… If they haven’t already.” The cloaked mage pointed to the lit shack in the field stirring with curious Minotaur. Satyan snorted out angrily and stormed past his acquaintance.

“Till next time Satyan. I await the moment when we can enact your brilliant master plan,” the Unicorn said.

“With this new power that may be sooner than you think,” Satyan responded charging out of the door. A malevolently shadowed portal opened up from behind the Unicorn, and the Pony entered chuckling silently to himself. With a snap of the fingers, he was gone.

Satyan burst through the fields of endless stones in the direction of the disobedient flock. The strides it took to reach the shack were not as excessive as before, and Satyan could feel a renewed strength flow through him as he bounded into the air, landing in front of the startled slaves.

“WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?” Satyan roared out.

“W-we heard a loud noise… And saw… The factory from afar. Th-th-there was tremor and w-we thought it-it might have been the monkey,” a male Minotaur sputtered out. Satyan lifted his face from the shrinking bull and chuckled.

“No need to worry; that was just a malfunction in one of the gem chambers. I have it completely under control,” Satyan said forming an invigorating fist. “Even so, you are not permitted to be up this late. I am feeling rather generous this evening however, so I expect ALL of you to return to your cots now.”

The bull nodded furiously, motioning his bunk-mates inside. Satyan remained fixated outside of the shack and inhaled deeply, grinning at the pale crescent in the night sky. He walked over to the other shacks, eyeing each cot inside and searching for the one Raging Star remained housed in.

“One step closer. I am one step closer to realizing my dream, and you will be the instrument of it all Raging Star,” Satyan said leering at the sleeping child.

Author's Note:

It's off to a slow start, but at least it's going. I realize that unlike a tv show or anime, I don't have the luxury of drawing out a scenario for fifteen minutes, and to write like that would be boring and dull, so while I mentioned these will be in arcs and whatnot, they will be somewhat short so as to not become repetitive or boring to read. I will move it along as I see fit, and I don't see staying much longer in this region of the fic.