• Published 4th Aug 2013
  • 523 Views, 5 Comments

Zirkus Karussell - IceQB



When some pony wakes up and find herself unable to move, unable to talk, unable to even elicit any emotions, what can she do but stare at the darkness ahead?

  • ...
2
 5
 523

Zirkus Karussell

“Get off of me!” I scream internally, but no pony does anything. I myself am unable to do anything except feel my heartbeat race as I watch events unfold. I’m being moved up and down against my will as I watch the world fly by. I see the same group of animals over and over again standing there, laughing and jumping up and down.

Where am I? And it was just a while ago that I find myself thinking about freedom.


I open my eyes, and the pitch black of darkness consumes me. Once again, I’m left with no clues. No answers as to why I’m here. Why I float in darkness.

Something is wrong. Something is definitely wrong. I don’t remember dying. In fact, I don’t remember living.

What are friends? Do they even exist? I’m sure they do, but I can't recall. All I remember are the sounds of sparks flying and wood shaving.

I struggle around, just like every other day, or night. I can’t tell.

I don’t know why my stomach hasn’t consumed me from within, or why my urinary glands have not exploded. My brain seems to function well, that’s a good thing. At least I have something, to accompany me.

I’ve long accepted my fate. This is probably hell. I probably died some time and had my memories taken away from me as punishment. I don’t feel sorrow though. I don’t feel anything but fear.

They say fear can control a being’s actions. They take away all logic and reasoning attached to the brains of whomever is unluckily enough to face it. And let’s face it. I have nothing to lose. Nothing to gain. Fear may control me, but I’m a pony on my own.

I attempt all tries at freedom, but to no avail. Like a flightless bird, I’m left stranded in my nest until some motherly figure rescues me. Although if I’m truly in hell, I may as well be waiting for death.

Yet I can’t hold my breath to end my misery. I can’t even feel myself breathing, but I certainly feel a pump within my body.

My loneliness is killing me. Yet I hear something other than chirps and howls for the first time in… however long I’ve been here for.

I hear it coming, and I hear multiple voices.

“Olay, let’s turn them on.” I hear some pony speak. Finally, some pony!

“Help!” I try to shout, but my lips refuses to open. I try once more, but they’re sealed indefinitely.

I wait as I hope for some pony to see me in this darkness. Instead, the lights go on.

My eyeballs feel like they have been lit under a grill, then sprinkled with never-ending salt. I grimace and try to shield my eyes, but I still can’t move my hooves. I attempt to put a shocked look but I can’t even move my eyelids. I can’t even feel them.

All I can do is scream inside, and await my fate. If death is coming, I want it quickly done and over with. Instead, hell chooses to torture me until I am numb to the pain.

The whiteness I see slowly fades away, much to my relief. Yet I held my inexistent breath as the world slowly reveals itself to me.

I feel myself smiling but my lips stay motionless. There’s another pony in front of me. She has a multi-colored mane and a cloud with a streak of lightning on her blue flank.

“Hey!” I call, but once again, I forget my lips can’t move. And I’m glad they aren’t able to show the shock I put on when I see exactly the horror unfold as the light dims to a relevantly comfortable level.

The blue pegasi lies skewered like a kebob; a metal pole has pierced through her body and she stood motionless, still smiling. I try to scream and run, but I can’t budge. What kind of horror is this place? And what kind of sick pony would do such a thing? More importantly, is that pony going to do that me?

A thousand questions flood through my head, but I have no answers for any of them. All I can do is keep the thoughts and screaming to myself.

I scan the zombie-like pegasi in front of me. She still has that same smile as when one minute ago, and her scarlet eyes do not even move. She’s definitely dead. Yet I can’t seem to move my eyes away from her creepy smile.

All of a sudden, a spectrum of lights shine down on us again, but it doesn’t hurt my eyes. And music starts blaring into my ears. It sounds like carnival music. I wonder if I have ever been to a carnival. If I have ever had a life.

I hear foals screaming and shouting. “I want the blue one! Pink one’s mine! I call the purple one! White one! Yellow one! But I don’t like the orange one!” My heart races. Maybe these are the foals that are going to rescue us.

By now, I realize it’s impossible for any other pony to hear me, so I keep my mouth shut and hope for the best. Nothing seems to be happening yet, but I can feel it. I can soon taste the sweet glory of freedom, of being able to live a life.

A few seconds passes by, but I don’t feel anything. Instead, the screaming and shouting have increased in volume.

I hear hoof steps. Hurray! Finally, rescue!

Yet I am dead wrong. I feel a weight plop onto my back—not too light for a grown mare, yet too heavy for just a mere foal. It feels strange at first, but it soon becomes horrifying. I feel a sharp tug on my mane and ears, and I feel a sharp screech coming from whoever was on me. I want to scream and shout, but I know I lack the power to.

“Ride on, horsey!” I hear the foal-like voice behind me, but they’re nothing but devilish, narcissistic monsters.

I hear a buzzer, and feel the ground below me shake. Soon, my whole body trembles as well, partially out of fear and partially out of an unknown force.

“Get off of me!” I scream internally, but no pony does anything. I myself am unable to do anything except feel my heartbeat race as I watch events unfold. I’m being moved up and down against my will as I watch the world fly by. And if fear is a recurring theme for hell, I sure do see the signs.

As the force drags me in a circular motion, I see a line of bipedal beings waiting behind a couple of metal bars—some older than the other. They don’t look like ponies; most of their manes are black and others have a variety of colors in them. They all have a similar skin tone—beige, white, brown or black—but they all wear different colored dresses and suits.

As they move away from my vision, I am greeted with a beautiful landscape. The hills rise and support the mountains and valleys that stand proudly against the sunrise backdrop. The sky is clear of clouds, and the wind gently blows the leaves into the air.

What kind of sick place is this to taunt us with both the image of horror and beauty?

I stare at the white bipedal that has mounted on the blue pegasi. He’s smaller than the ones standing in a line, and wears a green shirt with blue pants. He has some accessory attached to his hooves, and a piece of cloth just directly above it.

“Weee!” He screams happily and throws his hands in the air for a slight second, then throws it back down onto the blue pegasi’s mane. That one second was more than enough to make my head swirl and my mouth gag.

His hooves have five little twigs attached to it, which seems like he has full control of, and are independent of one another; the twigs in his hooves brush against the blue pony’s mane as if to caresses it. What kind of sick animals are they?

I feel the weight lift off my back, then sharply land onto me once more. My heart aches as I have no other way to express the pain. I feel the twigs touch my mane, and I shudder. They feel soft. Yet those five devil incarnations wield enough strength to pull, causing a sharp tug in my mane.

I want to scream so badly. I want to run. I want to be away from hell as far as possible. But the only thing I can do is wait as the torture continues.

After ten seconds of silent enduring, I stop moving, and so does the blue pegasi. At that instance, I feel the weight disappear from my back. Phew. Torture is over.

I feel invincible. I feel like I can take on anything after this. To my horror, I was wrong.

As soon as one being got off, within the next few seconds, another gets on, and the same thing happens once I stop moving. Only this time, each being behaves differently. Some screams and shouts at my ear, some tugs against my mane, and some, my personal favorite, just sits there quietly sobbing and whimpering.

“I don’t wanna be here. This is lame.” I hear the being cry out, much of which are equal to my pleas. At least I know not all of those bipedal beings are evil. He gets off of me soon, but this time, no other being mounts me. The lights go off, and the music dies off.

It’s over, I tell myself. It’s finally over. Darkness falls on me once again as I nod at my pegasi comrade. She and I braved a lot today. Hopefully, it is the last of which.

Exhausted, I dare myself to close my eyes, hoping that when I wake up, I find myself resting on a bed and pretending this is all a bad dream.

I don’t know how long I have slept for before the lights turn back on, and the music plays once again, but I do know something. The nightmare never ends.

"Welcome to Zirkus Karusssell!"

Author's Note:

Quick one-shot that bugged me as I walked around Toys R' Us and saw it lying there. I swear I saw Twilight. Instead, it was just another pony. And then it hit me. What if they made MLP carousels?

Therefore, this was created.

I hope you liked it :3 Feel free to give me them thumbs-up, or leave me a comment. I prefer the latter though :3 Don't be shy XD I won't bite. I promiseeee~

Comments ( 5 )

Mind if y'all drop a few words to tell me how you feel about this story? I'd greatly appreciate it :)

Definitely getting a Twilight Zone feel. Pretty good though you could've made it a bit less obvious that it was a carousel until the end. All in all, a pretty good story.

This story was definitely interesting, and it gave me a some what scared feeling, like I myself was in the story. Although, I wish it had given some kind of an explanation, but otherwise, I really liked it :twilightsmile:

Those first few paragraphs... :raritystarry:

Someone on FimFic finally managed to take me back here for a while, and I love you for that. Toward the end it kind of falls apart, though, and the errors start piling up.

Still: excellent job! :raritywink:

Was that from Twilight's point of view?

Login or register to comment