• Published 3rd Aug 2013
  • 1,762 Views, 36 Comments

Poker night at the inventory 3 - chrisharte97



The player comes back to play more high stakes poker and some extra contestants come to play as well, so this could get interesting for the player this time.

  • ...
7
 36
 1,762

The conversations

"The name of the game is Texas hold em'," said the robot called GLaDOS said as she gave each player two cards and Rainbow Dash and Demoman were the first ones with the blinds of four hundred and eight hundred.

"So Rainbow Dash you're part of that group of mares called the Mane six, right?" Ash asked Rainbow as he called the amount of Rainbow's blind.

"Well, yeah I'm the element of Loyalty," Rainbow Dash replied as Cloudchaser raised her bet to twelve hundred.

"So why aren't any of them at the table here tonight?" Ash asked again, "Like Twilight Sparkle with her massive brain and all?"

"I'm quite curious about that too," GLaDOS cuts in looking at Rainbow Dash, "Although that our invitation was sent to Ponyville in general, we thought that the rest of the Mane six would be joining you?"

"Well my job is usually to be the captain of the weather ponies, but when there's trouble me and my friends use our Elements of Harmony to deal with bigger threats," Rainbow Dash replied to GLaDOS, "Like Queen Chrysalis, King Sombra, Nightmare Moon, Discord, though's kinds of villains."

"You thought there was going to be one of those villains here tonight?" Sam asked Rainbow Dash as she placed her bet.

"Well... Yeah that, but I also no better than to let Twilight and Pinkie Pie near a poker table," Rainbow Dash replied to them as Demoman called Rainbow's bet.

"Why, they can't bluff?" Ash asked her.

"Are you kidding?" Rainbow Dash replied as Ash raised the bet, "They both lie like a gemstone, but Twilight puts the 'B' in boring, and Pinkie Pie is not good with numbers and probabilities and stuff like that."

"Just like Einstein," Ash exclaimed as Cloudchaser called Ash's bet.

"Sure, sure, let's go with that," Rainbow Dash agreed.

As Sam was thinking, he said to the others, "On the one hand, you're probably trying to string me along, and on the other hand, that bets so small that I just don't give a hoot, call," as he puts the same amount of Cloudchaser and Ash's bet.

"So Demoman, what is you're specialty on the Red team?" Cloudchaser asked Demoman as the player and Rainbow Dash folded.

"Oh... Well my specialty is blowing the bloody Blu team up with explosives," Demoman replied as he checked and so did Ash and Cloudchaser, "Why do you ask, little lassie?"

"Oh, um... I was just a little curious," Cloudchaser replied Demoman's question, "But I also thought that the Heavy weapons guy was going to be playing instead of you."

"I was thinking that too," Max cuts into the conversation with Cloudchaser and Demoman, "What happened to him?" he asked Demoman.

"Oh... Well he really busy with fighting Blu team," Demoman replied to both of them, "So he's too busy to play any his usual games of Texas hold em' these days." Soon Demoman, Cloudchaser, Ash, and Sam revealed their cards with Demoman having a pair of tens, Cloudchaser having an Ace of spades and king of diamonds, Ash having a pair of Queens, and Sam having a seven of hearts and eight of clubs.

"Ha..." Ash boasted as GLaDOS pulled out the first three cards which were the ten of diamonds, the two of spade, and then the Ace of hearts.

"Haha..." Demoman laughed as the tension built up and GLaDOS pulled out the two of hearts.

"Ooooh, you're the walking dead," Max said to Sam, "Get it?"

"No," Sam replied as they waited for the next card and GLaDOS pulled out a... the seven of clubs. "Rats."

"The Demoman has a Full House, Miss Chaser has a pair of Aces, Mr. Williams has Two Pair, and Sam has Ace high," GLaDOS said to the players, "The Demoman wins hands."

"Just so you lads and lassies know, I was bluffing me arse off in that hand," Demoman said as he took the pot.

"Looks like you got an extra but or two to spare," Ash commented to Demoman.

GLaDOS soon gave the players each a new hand and the blinds of four hundred and eight hundred go to Demoman and Cloudchaser. As Ash called the same amount of Cloudchaser's blind, Rainbow Dash asked to Demoman, "So Demoman, do you think you can tell me a bit more about yourself?"

"Well, before I joined the Red team, my family owns a castle in my old home of Scotland," Demoman explained to Rainbow Dash, "Me grandfather passed the castle to me before I was born, but now that I'm working for Red now my parents have to take the responsibilities for our castle now."

"Well that sucks," Rainbow Dash said to him as Sam and the player called their bets, "But me and my family don't live in a castle like you and you're family so I don't know what it's like to live in castle."

"I'm very sorry to hear that little lassie," Demoman said to her putting his hand on her left shoulder, "Say what... When this tournament is over, how would like to come over to meet the rest of the team, and we'll have some real fun against those bloody Blu's?"

Rainbow Dash could only say, "Count me in Demoman," as she folded and so did Demoman. Cloudchaser placed another bet as Ash folded with her, the player, and Sam in this round.

"You I thought that you're partner would be playing tonight instead of you," Rainbow Dash said to Sam as Sam called Cloudchaser's bet and GLaDOS pulled out the next three cards, which were the Queen of clubs, the Jack of diamonds, and the nine of clubs.

"Max used to be a tournament regular, but he's got what the psychologists call a 'Crippling impulse control issue'," Sam said to Rainbow.

"He couldn't keep his mouth shut on his gambling?" Rainbow Dash asked him.

"Not in the slightest, but that didn't matter because he kept winning," Sam replied to her.

"Then what's his problem?" Rainbow Dash asked again.

"Well the Inventory banned him because... Well..."

"...Max kept eating the poker chips," GLaDOS replies for Sam as Max coughed up another one of his so called 'missing poker chips'.

To be continued...