• Published 3rd Aug 2013
  • 1,760 Views, 36 Comments

Poker night at the inventory 3 - chrisharte97



The player comes back to play more high stakes poker and some extra contestants come to play as well, so this could get interesting for the player this time.

  • ...
7
 36
 1,760

Introduction

It was a quiet night as people were doing their normal routine of work, but to night was a special night for someone as he was in a UNSC Warthog with the Master Chief as they were on their way to the Inventory, where video game and TV show characters get together, have some down time, and relax from their troubles. When they made it to the ally where the entrance to the Inventory is, Master Chief said to him, "Good luck on the tournament, kid." The player nodded to Master Chief as he walked towards the entrance. The Player looked at the door, but the elevator wasn't working any more, and he was wondering why it wasn't working. Until he pushed on the door to find the same hallway he went through since last tournament and went inside for the tournament.

As he was walking inside, a video game character from counter strike was thrown out of the fighting room, and hits the wall hard. "Great game, let's do it again some time," said a voice coming towards the player and who the player saw was a sky blue Pegasus pony with a rainbow mane and tail and magenta colored eyes. The pony looked at the player and exclaimed, "Oh it's you, that's great. Come on I'll lead you in, by the way, my name's Rainbow Dash: the fastest flier in Equestria." "This freaking place is like a maze isn't it?" Rainbow Dash continued as she pushed open another door to find Commodore Reginald Van Winslow wait at the broken elevator.

"Ah miss Dash, I lost track of you for a moment," he said to Rainbow Dash as he noticed the player right next Rainbow, "And you've brought the player, splendid. On behalf of everyone at the Inventory, can not begin to express our unbridled relation to see you return once again for another night of High stakes poker."

"Oh uh... Speaking of high stakes, things might have gotten a little... Bad, back over at the mumbly-peg room," Rainbow Dash confessed to Reginald.

"Miss Dash, might I remind you that the Inventory is NOT you're personal abbatoir," Reginald reminded Rainbow Dash as they continued to walk towards the poker table.

"Yeah, send the cleaning bill to my house," Rainbow Dash said following Reginald and the player.

"As always, I'm Commodore Reginald Van Winslow (retired), and I will be your host for tonight's perilous voyage on the Seas of Chance!" Reginald said as the player turned around to find Sam the freelance police dog sitting in his usual chair as he played his banjo.

"Hey Reggie, these new chairs are great!" Sam said to Reginald, "It's like my keister is being held aloft by the wings of tiny velvet angles!"

"Let me try, Sam," Sam's little buddy Max the rabbit said jumping on one of the chairs.

"I'm afraid that there's no room for you're plus-one, Sam," Reginald said to Sam.

"That's okay," Sam said to him, "Max will make his own fun."

"Come out with you're arms akimbo, Mendoza!" Max said to nobody pulling out his pistol and firing off a shot, knocking him off the seat he was standing on.

"So when do we get this show on the road?" Rainbow Dash asked as she sat down in her seat.

"In a few minutes," Reginald replied, "We're still waiting for-"

"Whaaarrrr..." came a noise as the Red Demoman burst through the door and lands on the floor, "I'm here to play," he said to them.

"-Our remaining contestants," Reginald continued as Demoman sat down.

Just then two more Pegasi came through the window. "Well, well, well," Rainbow Dash said, "If it isn't Cloudchaser and Flitter."

"It's good to see you too Rainbow Dash," Cloudchaser said to Rainbow as she and her sister got back up on their hoofs and she sat down with the others. Just then Ash Williams from tournament the player was in came through the same window that Cloudchaser and Flitter came through.

"Deal me in," Ash said as he sat down with them.

"I assume that everyone has brought the twenty thousand dollar buy-in for tonight's tournament," Reginald said as the players brought out their buy-ins.

"I heard that the buy-in was TEN thousand dollars instead of twenty thousand dollars," Cloudchaser said to Reginald, "What happened to that?"

"Well the Owner theorized that rising the stakes would bring in a better class of competitor," Reginald replied to Cloudchaser as she put her money on the table.

"Okay, so that's how you brought a lot mega stars, like your's truly, but what about our silent friend over there?" Rainbow Dash boasted as she looked at the player with a confused look in her eyes.

"It's only a theory," Reginald said as he walked away and let the tournament begin.