• Published 2nd Aug 2013
  • 115,886 Views, 9,629 Comments

The Bridge: A Godzilla-MLP Crossover - Tarbtano



A devastating battle in the Kaiju universe transports a small group of them, heroric, villainous, and otherwise to Equestria. New bodies, new world, new society. But what happens when something even Kaiju are afraid of follows them?

  • ...
80
 9,629
 115,886

PreviousChapters Next
Halloween Special: Gigan gets attacked with shampoo as Megalon cosplays as a Pirate

Author's Note:

PLEASE READ
OK before someone tries to crucify me by my pinkie toes, this is a BONUS chapter I made for the holiday. It's meant to be an extra little treat and is more or less a comedy chapter. The Godzilla vs. Gyaos battle will be in the next STORY chapter and will be covered from beginning to end. There WILL be battle. Me making this did not delay the Canterlot fight, I am still working on it, and once exams finish on the 6th I should have a lot more downtime to make it. Be a bit patient please.

Proof Read by Skylark and Faith-Wolff
Artwork (coming soon) by Faith-Wolff
Monster X, Gigan, Megalon, and Gaira property of Toho company
Gyaos property of Daiei
MLP:FiM and all related characters property of Hasbro Studios

Please do check out the Reading List by Lance Omikron to navigate the Amalgam Universe most clearly :raritywink:

The Bridge:
Cyborg Duo's Autumn Holiday Shenanigans

Monster X
Gigan
Megalon
Pipsqueak
Mane-iac


*Day after Canterlot Incident*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Downtown Maretropolis, parallel dimension
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In the still evening airspace above the port, echoes of the city life hummed through the low sky as pigeons and seagulls peacefully flew through the air. It was a calm evening, one without obvious deviation or conflict that was visible. Least it was until a streak of purple energy cut a hole into the very sky itself and a metallic chimera emerged out of it, sending the birds scattering. No sooner did he arrive through the closing window that connected this world to Zenith however, did Gigan realize the portal hadn’t opened up near the ground. Keeping a sharp wit despite his tumbling, the Nebulan cyborg’s back ignited with a low light as he activated his thrusters. The air roared lowly as his fall slowed, Gigan righting himself midair and soon halting his tumble about five meters off the ground. Hovering in place, Gigan looked the city before and below him over.

It was a large settlement, extending for what seemed like several miles ahead of the cyborg; but either everyone in the general area was indoors or away from downtown as he saw very few shapes moving about in the streets. Thankfully, no one had noticed him yet. Given that, much to his displeasure, it seemed he had shrunk down to a bit over two meters tall again. Size changes aside, he had work to do. The cyborg kaiju had come here for several reasons. For one it was to investigate. His ‘boss’ had noticed this small realm running parallel to Equestria, like a stream branching off from a river; and wanted it checked out. And secondly Gigan had been so ungodly bored at the base that he volunteered at the drop of a hat to go out no matter where said deployment was. Helps he was the one with the best tracking skill set. Still, if this place was anything like ‘Loony Land’, as Gigan had come to refer to Equestria as; he should have expected some trouble.

When he flicked on his visor and turned on his different vision settings he should have expected more trouble. No sooner did he flick it on did his entire vision become a blotted out mess of chaotic static and hopelessly random readings. Effectively blind and shocked with informational overload, Gigan barely managed to keep his thrusters angled right to slowly levitate him down closer to the ground. Mentally clicking off one setting after another, he whacked himself on the side of the head with the blunt flat of his right scythe to try and clear his mind. Finally after some strain, he managed to set himself solely on his thermal vision and the world came back into relative clarity. Gigan grumbled, the experience reminding him all too much of his first few moments on Equestria; with the very air being enchanted enough to play haywire with his hardware.

-Magic, oye…-

Hovering a few feet above the ground to the gentle hum of his thrusters, Gigan took the moment to have another look around. The feeling he got from this new place was very close to Equestria’s ambiance, but he couldn’t shake off the sensation something felt off. Brushing the thought aside, his thermal vision confirmed the assertion that not many folk seemed present. The tell tale residual heat left by hoofprints was present on the sidewalks and streets nearby, but more or less the trails were few and far between. Most were isolated, alone, and fading from being old. That said, most was not all. One trail caught Gigan’s attention. Or rather, said trail being plural. It was a big mess of hoof prints leading down a back alley way. All very fresh judging from the heat, made by a large group judging from how numerous hoofprints were partially stamped atop one another; and judging from the spacing, made with a decent haste. Curious, he drew closer. And the closer he got, the more he was picking up another reading in addition to the heat. It was electricity, lots and lots of electricity. Electrical power seemed to be a rarity with these ponies, most of their machinery running off some form of magic. Given how X’s recent mission with that amulet churned out so well and how their master had said that the retrieval of powerful artifacts was now a priority, the electrical energy spike was enough to warrant Gigan going after it.

Intuition panned out well, for as he followed the tracks the readings for the electrical source grew stronger and stronger until Gigan reached the backdoor of a large warehouse. He stopped and looked over the door. It was a sturdy build by most standards. The main body was made of good grade steels with a concrete and metal frame, bars crisscrossing it to reinforce the structure. Gigan only looked at it with as much of a smirk as his beak could make.

-Built tough to keep out intruders…-

He raised his scythes and revved up his buzz saw.

“That’s cute~…”

Inside the warehouse, another villain was prizing over the efforts of her own hunt. Wrapping a green tendril of mutated hair around the shimmering orb of entrapped lightning, Mane-iac grinned. Leaning back and supporting her form on more strands of hair, like she was reclining on a couch, she let her mobile tail walk herself over to her machinery as she beheld her prize. Busting out of Balkham Asylum and snagging the Electro-Orb had been surprisingly easy. She got her henchstallions back into her thrall pretty quickly, her spare base was in the exact state she left it, the Orb was relatively unguarded; and her outfit had just been dry cleaned! Her plan came together exactly as she’d hoped, and all without the slightest hint of Power Pony issues.

-It’s a good day to be bad indeed-

Climbing up her invention, which could best be described as looking like a giant mortar cannon crossed with a hair dryer, the super villainess was just about to begin putting the orb into the power core when an ungodly racket screeched through the warehouse. It was the shrieking of twisting steel mixed with a scraping scream akin to hooves on a chalk board. Everypony cringed automatically, several henchponies needing to cover their ears and Mane-iac would need a new pair of reading glasses. The noise died down slightly and the purple and green mare needed not a moment to think before barking her orders, a random, crazed giggle sputtering out with it.

“It’s the Power Brats again! I need time to set this up so you lot go up and hold them off, no quarter!”

After a quick salute, her small legion of subordinates bucked and smashed open a few nearby crates to arm themselves with their weapons of choice, all products their boss used to make before her power granting accident. They raced up the stairs and got to the elevated second floor just in time to see two large blades stab through the now smashed up and weakened door. The blade trailed down diagonally, crossing on another and leaving a large X in the door. Then all was quiet. After some moments of silence, one henchstallion slowly walked forward as fading footsteps were audible on the other side of the door. He reached the door and looked through the cut X. His eyes widened just in time to see something otherworldly charging at the door from the other side. He didn't have time to get out of the way when Gigan crashed foot-first through the door as it was torn off its hinges.

-Knock knock!~ -

Mane-iac rapidly mashed at the console’s controls to prep her ultimate weapon, the crashing of metal and sounds of battle up above telling her all too well that the door had been torn off its hinges, and the attack had started. Still, as she worked to prep the machine and fit the orb into the core; even her twisted mind couldn’t help but feel something was off.

-Don’t hear any battle cries or Saddle Rager roaring, and typically isn’t Fili-Second popping one-liners by now?-

The noise above died down, but just when Mane-iac was about to bypass the safety and shove the Electro-orb into the core by force; something flew past her. It was one of her henchstallions, face planting into the glass window behind her and slowly sliding down the wall with a smearing hiss that sounded like a slowly deflating balloon. Motion out of the corner of her eye caught her vision and she looked back up to the stairs.

Gigan stood tall, resting a foot on the guard rail… looking like he got attacked by a rampaging hair salon. Shampoo and conditioner were splattered all over his upper body and scythes, a towel stuck in his saw, and what looked like the half shattered remains of a salon dryer was crammed on top of his head with his horns poking out of it. Grumbling as he lifted a scythe to knock the dryer off himself, then wipe shampoo off his visor and flick it away. Gigan had the most disgruntled and confused look his face could muster.

- Bar none, weirdest fight I’ve ever had. Who the Daiei tries to assault someone with a can of hair spray and tube of shampoo? And what was with trying to cram that infernal dryer on my head?! I've heard of bad weaponry budgets, but this is ridiculous!-

Picking a hairbrush off him and shaking off the towel and remaining shampoo, he quickly noticed the gaping Mane-iac. If his visor would widen like an eye, it would have. Both stood still.

-… Demonic, metal coated, cyclops chicken?…-

-… Octopus haired, spandex wearing, purple equine?...-

Beings from two worlds spoke in unison.

"What in the name of McCarthy are you supposed to be?"
"What in the name of Tanaka are you supposed to be?"

Mane-iac looked the intruder over again, raising an eyebrow.

“You’re… not a Power Pony…. at all…”

Gigan rolled his mechanical eye, starting to dislike this world more and more by the second.

“Lady I don’t even know what that is.”

His attention reorganized itself as his scanner flared back up. It locked onto the shimmering ball the, thing, was holding.

-Target acquired-

“But I’ve wasted enough time, I’ll take that now.”

He raised an arm and took aim, the pronged protrusions below his scythes firing out in a small puff of smoke with long cables trailing behind them. They sailed right for the orb, about to grab onto it when a green hued tendril grabbed onto the cable leads mid-air. Mane-iac put the orb into the machine’s compartment and held onto Gigan’s cables with her mane, keeping them far away from the prize. A crazed grin parted her lips and the mare giggled for no clear reason at all.

“I beg to diffeeeer~”

Giving a firm yank with her tentacle-like hair, Mane-iac managed to rip the confused and surprised Gigan off the railings. The cyborg ignited his thrusters before he could hit the floor, trying to reel in his cables as well as fly backwards. The sudden force shifted the tug-of-war in his favor, forcing Mane-iac to wrap her tail around the base of her cannon as an anchor. Both tugged, yanked and pulled; but neither was able to either free themselves or reel in their foe. Gigan’s visor began to glow with a red light. The aiming reticule in his vision locked onto Mane-iac and her machine. A crack of light shot out, followed by a thin, bright red line of energy shooting through the air and raking down across the cannon’s side. Metal hissed as a line was burned into it and nearly hit Mane-iac had she not let go of her anchor and dove to the side.

Giggling and cackling to herself, the mare used her prehensile mane and momentum to reel herself into Gigan. The cyborg was forced to cut his beam off and put his arm up in defense to block several more strands of mane and tail that began to wrap around him.

“Figures the Power Brats would send some monster thug to try and take me in!”

The cyborg shot her an offended look as he thrashed against her mane and tail.

“HEY! I’m a merc, not some thug you bleedin’ whacko!”

Mane-iac clearly read the last word differently than intended, tends to happen when your brain gets a chemical bath. She smiled with a slight blush as she reeled herself in fully, despite now trying to buck the cyborg in the face.

“Awww thank you, you flatter~”

“GETOFFOFME!”

Gigan spiraled around in flight and fought to stay stable in the air as his arms, legs, chest, and neck were soon coiled up in green hair. Mane-iac was only squealing and giggling from the ride, attempting to buck and box the monster in the face despite his thrashing. The cyborg was blocking best he could, and typically he had a plan to counteract or at least cope with most fighting styles. But this? This was the one bizarre power set that was difficult to counter. During Final Wars he once hacked into Terra’s technological library called the Internet while he was on downtime. He found out a great many things, but once he tried looking up ‘tendrils’ and ‘tentacles’ he realized he’d made a horrible, horrible mistake. Some things took a while to be ‘unseen’, and he did his best to stay away from the subject for sake of sanity.

Long story short, he avoided the word ‘tentacle’ like the plague and didn’t research anything relating to it at all so he had no clue how to fight this sort of stuff. Now as he was blocking another hoof punch to the face best he could with the blunt of his half tangled scythe did he realize how it was coming back to bite him.

He analyzed his foe and noticed something. He might not have spent much time in Equestria, but he spent enough time to notice some trends. Like what races of equine could do what, and what they couldn’t do. Only one race could fly. It gave him an idea. He looked out the nearby window into the amber clad skies outside. Then he got an idea on top of his previous plot. Now if only he could get this clingy mare to stop laughing like a demented hyena and let him concentrate for a moment. Reeling his head back and smashing it forward into a head butt that landed square on Mane-iac’s brow, he got his moment. Gigan disappeared in a flash of light and reappeared over forty meters in the air outside of the warehouse, Mane-iac having been teleported with him.

She was clearly more surprised than he was to suddenly be floating, her shock quickly turning into a growl. She coiled several tendrils around Gigan’s neck.

“WHAT TH-…Take us back down NOW!”

Gigan smirked, cackling as he diverted more power to one of his weapon systems.

“Ladies first~”

His buzz saw roared to life and after a short moment of getting painfully caught on Mane-iac’s mane, revved up and spun around at full speed. Sparks flew for several moments as the rushing blades slashed through the enchanted hair strands. Gigan, feeling his limbs becoming less taught, freed an arm and swung down with a scythe to slice through the remaining tendrils of mane that clung to him. Mane-iac shrieked in shock and surprise, her tail losing its hold on her opponent’s legs and firm kick to the gut by Gigan quickly sending the earth pony tumbling to the ground below.

Gigan didn’t wait to see her shocked face hit the ground, disappearing in another flare of light back inside the warehouse. He still had a prize to claim.





-----------------------------------------------
Near Trottingham, Equestria
-----------------------------------------------

Megalon was remaining as focused as he could as he marched through the tree lined path. He had a mission to do! Or at least he had a mission that he gave himself to do.

-Big Brother is off exploring and scouting the terrain ahead for artifactoids, but Nebulans never take up a mission alone! Fear not Gigan, I shall take up the same charge. Divide and conquer!-

Batting the flat of one of his drills into his other drill with a metallic clang, Megalon's mental credo was cut short by one of his own observations. He had no idea where he was. True he could always call up a portal and head back to base to talk to 'Boss Ball', as the insectoid cyborg called his new employer, for directions. Or maybe he could go and ask Mr.X? He had always seemed calm...ish...

-Nah, he's too busy with the Bat Lady and the Not-So-Jolly-Green-Giant. Well, guess I'll just keep moving until I see something besides trees.-

Still, lack of direction wasn't the dim witted cyborg's only problem. But truth be told, in addition to being lost he had not a single clue how he'd even recognize an artifact worthy of recovery when he spotted it. Wasn't like there was a shop selling a bunch of those pendant things X brought back.

-Or maybe there is? This is magical pony land, anything's possible. Maybe they give away valuables during a holiday or something?-

He'd been walking for a good hour and judging from the noises he was picking up in the far distance, getting close to a settlement that was nestled inside of, or bordering, the woods. It was a good sign. He knew X had found the treasure near ponies, so finding ponies was a good start. Soon finding himself up at the top of a hill near the forest clearing, Megalon soon was looking down into the lowlands below at the town of Trottingham. Taking a moment to at least attempt to think, Megalon rubbed his chin with a drill. It just dawned on him that his creators never typically sent him on anything even remotely resembling recovery missions. Most times they just pointed him at something and said "Have fun" before he smashed it to bits. Maybe he could wreck the buildings enough that he'd find the goodies inside?

The half robotic bug was still deep in thought when a little voice spoke up from behind him.

"Gee that's a great costume mista'!"

Megalon turned around and spotted a pony standing a few yards away from him, wagging its tail. It was a tiny little thing, a child-aged male based off the size and voice. The body coloring was mostly white, but he had some light brown splotches on his form, most notably a patch over his left eye. The mane was a mix of dark and light brown, and he lacked wings or a horn. The colt was wearing a deep blue shirt with white cuffs, an eye patch with a skull on it covering his right eye; and a pure red bandana over the top of his head.

Megalon didn't know what he was talking about, but he was adorable. He crouched down to try and get on eye level with the colt, finding little success.

"Names Pipsqueak the Pi'rate! What are you?"

The three words 'What are you' yielded an automated response. Megalon replied with a distinctly robotic voice.

"Nebulan-Hunter-Line-Prototype-Cybernetic-Beta-Series-2-Arthropod-Based-Lifeform-Megalon-!"

Pipsqueak blinked a few times, looking up at the odd bug-like creature which he assumed still was somepony in a costume. He didn't understand half the words that had just been spoken.

-Uuuum... maaaybe he's really into some kind of act for the holiday? Oh well-

"Eeeeh hooow about just Megalon? That's a cool name! Sounds like something out of a Neighpon monster movie!"

Megalon gave an affirmative nod.

"You here for Nightmare Night too?"

"Nightmare Night? What's that?"

Pipsqueak felt a bead of sweat drop down the side of his head, half rolling his eyes.

-Yep, definitely one of those things cousin Octavia talked about..coousplayer? Tosplayers?... Cosplackers? Guess I best play Make-Believe a lot too-

Raising his rubber cutlass, Pip gave the fiercest 'yaaaarrrg' he could; morbidly confusing his host at the sudden change in tone.

"A'vast ye landlubber! Nightmare Night be a feastly time for me pirates and I. I might have cast me' anchor in the lands of me Grandparents this year, but the loot will yield new heights all the same when we plunder the wee folk of tha'r treasures!"

Megalon still didn't get the 'yaaarrg' part, sounded like one had something stuck in their throat and was trying to hum it out. The last word caught his attention however.

"Treasures?"

"'Aye! Much loot to be had for a pirate, this township be stocked with candy!"

Megalon titled his head. Khandy? Pirates? What were these words supposed to mean? Best he could put together was a pirate was what this little one was, and the local treasures were called 'khandy'. Perhaps this is what he had been looking for all along?

"I'm looking for treasures myself, how do you loot this 'khandy'? Demolition?"

"Yaarrg it be called CAAAANDY and all ye' need ta be ah'-"

Pip shook his tied tongue out and cleared his throat. He could only pull off his salty sea dog talk for so long.

"-Bleck! Sorry about that, haven't quite got it down yet. Anyhoo. We loot like everyone else on Nightmare Night. You go door to door in your costume and trick-or-treat the homeowner to get some of their candy. Get a little from each house and by end of the run you'll have a sack full of treasures to enjoy year 'round!"

The cyborg rubbed his chin with the blunt side of a drill, liking what he was hearing. In a rare moment of astuteness he inquired further.

"Soooo no smashing up houses to get the Khandy?"

Pipsqueak would have questioned the morality of who he was talking to about the matter of blowing up his hometown, had child naivety and previous assumptions not made him determine it was all part of some act to stay in-character. Still, he rubbed the back of his head and chuckled best he could to defuse any tension.

"Umm... Noooo, all you need is a costume and a bag to just walk up and get it for free. No smashing required."

Megalon grinned at the prospect the best way a creature with only sideways moving mandibles could. The entire scenario being pitched to him almost seemed too good to be true. He'd come for treasure and found a town that was literally giving it away for free!

A side thought did dawn on him however.

"Buuuut, I don't have a costume."

Now Pipsqueak was sure there was something up with this weirdo. Still, he seemed nice enough, must have just really gotten into the holiday's spirit. After his mum and pop sent him back here to his grandparents after that battle at Canterlot, he could use a friend to hang around this holiday.

"Ehehe, well I guess a costume on-top of a costume looks interesting enough. I do have some spare bits of other pirate gear I threw together back at me' homestead."

Pip held a hoof up and held onto the tip of Megalon's drill, tugging on it slightly to tow the massive cyborg along best he could. Megalon leaned his shoulder down significantly so Pip could reach well enough, and the two most unlikely looking friends made their way towards the outskirts of town.

"Come on, we'll get ye' a costume alright! And you can try some of Granny's roasted pumpkin seeds as we suit yourself up!"


---------------------------------------
Downtown Maretropolis
---------------------------------------


Inside a crater caved into the pavement, a spandex clad hoof felt around for a solid purchase before pulling its owner up. Mane-iac groaned, rubbing the side of her head. Had she been in another realm, not had inherit magic to cushion the blow, the fall might have seriously wounded or killed her. Instead, in a world of twisted physics and bizarre nature; she just got a mild concussion and a bad headache. But even that wasn’t her biggest concern. Rather it was the streams of emerald green floating down to her from high above, the slashed remains of her mane. Trembling hooves held themselves out to catch the stray strands, only for a stray breeze to slip past and scatter the thin lines of emerald into the wind. Mane-iac’s voice began to choke up. She grabbed her head and shot up, red and green eyes beginning to wet.

“N-NO! MY BABY! YOU WERE TAKEN TOO SOO-…”

Her melodramatic outburst was cut short when a reflection in some sheet metal caught her eye. It was her, or at least her with a significantly different hairdo. Her mane was much shorter than before, having frayed ends similar to Zapp's mane. Mane-iac settled herself down and pawed at it, testing and verifying she was still able to control the mutant hairs like before.

“Huh… Actually this getup looks rather nice on me, a bit like my old mane.”

After a bit more manipulation and grooming she’d gotten it to how she liked it. A spark of light lit up one of the warehouse windows near her. Mane-iac felt her chest begin to swell and she grinned like an idiot, heading inside.

Gigan was not having an easy time prying the Electro-Orb out of the machine. True, he could hack through the metal just fine, but the cyborg need be careful to not rend the orb in two while doing it. The fact that his saw was still half jammed up on that whacko’s hair wasn’t doing him any favors. He tried to rev up his buzz saw to wrench out some of the mane, only for mechanical clicking to reinstate the jam.

-Diiisgusting, going to take me hour to get that stuff out!-

Tearing out a clump of mane from a saw tooth, Gigan grumbled and got back to his work.

“Shampoo Warfare, Hentai Hair; and even crazier equines than before? This world can eat itself for all I care, I’m done.”

Tearing off a metal panel, it seemed he’d finally gotten to seize the treasure when he noticed a form walking up to him. When he turned around however his mechanical eye began to spazz at the sight of something he thought was dead. Mane-iac had somehow managed to walk right up next to him without him noticing until then, stretching her neck out to look the cyborg at eye level. She was displaying a prominent smile, her eyes partially fluttering and half lidded. Gigan was quick to give a rocket assisted leap back to get some distance.

“WHAT TH-?! But I!- I dropped you an!- Who broke physics?!”

He’d dropped her a good thirty five or forty meters, easily three times the height he thought was needed, onto hardened pavement and somehow her mane looked worse off than she did! If he still had an organ based eye it would be twitching feverishly in confusion and rage. Mane-iac was already slowly walking towards him, a sly smile crossing her face as she looked over Gigan’s razor edged metallic parts.

“You’re the-”

“… Why are you looking at me like that?”

"The perfect barber~..."

"...."

She started walking closer, Gigan was backing up. Just when it seemed like he was about to back himself up into the back wall she bolted forward and tackled him. Gigan slammed back into a crate, thrashing to try and get her off him while she was trying to wrap her tail around him. Mane-iac softly trailed a hoof across his cheek as Gigan frantically tried and failed to rev up his buzzsaw; which was still jammed on her hair.

The glimmer of dark purple light and the opening of a Zenith Portal made Gigan mentally sing praises to Tanaka above. Grabbing a hold onto the crazed mare in a bear hug, Gigan tossed her away best he could and clicked on his thrusters. Getting into the air fast as possible while trying not to let go of the Electro-Orb, a flurry of movement to his right heralded the return of the insane.

"WAIT! Take me with you! We'd be unstoppablllle!"

Gigan hovered up to safety and tried to give a good retort. Something jarring that would slam this lunatic back into any senses she had. Something to make her understand that he had been trying to kill her not three minutes earlier. Instead he shot out an optic flare, crossing a line of heat into the floor in front of her to stop her charge and mustered out a single word.

"NOPE!"

He cared not for the fact he could feel his mental processors going stupid from the statement, focusing just on flying through the closing portal fast as he could. If he had fingers, he'd be giving her a distinctly Terran gesture with a single digit as he left. Instead he just kept repeating his one word retort like a moron.

"NOPE-NOPE-NOPE-NOPE-NOPE-NOPE-NOPE-NOPE!"




-----------
Zenith
-----------


Gigan was half stumbling half trudging down the temple's long halls, Electro-Orb under his arm, when flash a movement in front of him caught his attention. Up ahead two kaiju were locked in a brawl at the doorway to a chamber. Or rather, brawl in the sense that Monster X was dragging a now one handed Gaira out of the room by his throat. The green gargantua attempted to free himself, swiping at the alien's bony helmet several times with his surviving hand. X let go of Gaira's throat, grabbed his arm, and promptly smashed the limb between a raised knee and downward going elbow with an audible 'CRACK!'. Gaira didn't have time to roar in pain before the Xilian weapon yanked him over his shoulder by his broken arm and tossed him down the hall a decent distance. The garantua was slow to rise. True, he had a healing factor so he'd be back to full strength in a day or two, but didn't mean at all that the number X did on him didn't hurt. As slow as he was to get to his feet, Gaira nearly broke a land speed record retreating. X snorted before turning around.

"Welcome back Gigan."

"What was all that about? Is it Tuesday already?"

X cracked his knuckles and wrist, walking back a short ways into the chamber he'd just exited from.

"Caught him intruding. Glutton saw a feast if he had his way."

"Soo you broke his arm and cut his hand off."

"And fracture several ribs, ruptured ear drum, and bruised his knee caps. But actually she cut his hand off before she passed out."

"She?"

X titled his head in the direction of the dark chamber. The cyborg looked past X, who was now leaning against the doorway, going back on guard duty. The chamber was a simple, more or less a large box of with the walls and floors made of the same dark obsidian that composed most of the temple. The sleeping form of the injured Hyper Gyaos was visible atop an elevated platform akin to a table or bed, laying on her side and with her back to them. The severed hand of Gaira was still on the ground twitching, having been amputated cleanly by a sonic ray. Gigan nodded with a tired grumble.

"How's she holding up?"

X cast a look at the still bruised back that was turned to him, watching it rise and fall steadily to make sure she was still breathing right. The alpha of the flock's pale body was still stained slightly with some dried blood. Thankfully, her lung's rhythm was steady and normal.

"Stabilized and healing, good that I found her when I did."

Monster X glanced over at Gigan and noticing the jammed strands of hair in his saw and smelling the shampoo, before looking at something on Gigan's head with a raised brow. The Nebulan opted to ignore the Xilian's odd look, thinking he might have just had an 'Assault Hairbrush' stuck on his horns or something.

"And what happened to you?"

"What DIDN'T happen would be a shorter answer. Good news, I found an artifact we can use. Bad news is I think I found a dimension I'll never intend to enter again."

"That bizarre huh?"

"You don't know the half of it..."

It was only now Gigan had noticed he'd been back for several minutes and still hadn't received a tackle born bear hug. It almost felt strange.

"And where's Megalon?"

"Off on a mission of his own, he wouldn't stay still after you left.... and Gigan?"

Gigan notice X hadn't stopped looking at a spot on his head throughout their conversation. The cyborg grumbled, already on a thin temper.

"WHAT?!"

Monster X nonchalantly raised a hand and pointed a claw at the peculiarity he'd been looking at.

"Are you aware that you have mouth shaped smudge on the corner of your visor?"

Cursing himself for not noticing, Gigan looked to the corner of his 'eye' and almost immediately wished he hadn't for the sake of sanity.

Mane-iac had been wearing lipstick, and she left her mark.

-----------------------

Soarin enjoyed Nightmare Night for a variety of reasons. Fond memories of his foalhood, lots of sweets both for himself and others; and this year, a chance to leave Cloudsdale for a while to visit his aunt and uncle, a pair of earth pony bakers. It was fortunate that the holiday had spread quickly after the Night Princess' return, for now he could enjoy Uncle Quick Bake's pumpkin pies and have the season be fitting. Faust knows after the scare with Spitefire's 'giant bird sighting' and the fiasco at Canterlot, he could use some monsters that were just younglings in disguise.

There was a knock at the front door just as the Wonderbolt finished off his pie slice, the Pegasus quickly donning his Batmane cowl and gliding over to the door. Candy bowl in hoof, Soarin jokingly held up his cape with a wing, draping it in front of his face to try and give the Trick-or-Treaters a spook.

It was a good thing he covered up his face or Captain Pip and his “First Mate” would have seen the Wonderbolt go pale as a sheet as he looked up, and up, and up, and up into a pair of golden compound eyes looking back at him. Megalon adjusted the pirate hat perched atop his head to keep it from falling off, before trying to utter out the best 'Yaarrrr' he could. It sounded more mechanical than anything from the seven seas. Pip, riding on top of the dressed up cyborg's shoulder recited their credo.

"Nightmare Night! What ah' Fright! Give us something sweet to bite!"

Soarin nearly dumped the entire candy bowl into the large bag dangling from Megalon's drill and slammed the door shut.

"A'vast ye' First Mate Megalon! The take is good tonight! Now let's go plunder the Hardhoof galleon!"

"Lead on Captain Pip~!"

PreviousChapters Next