• Published 2nd Aug 2013
  • 2,665 Views, 158 Comments

Smoke & Mirrors - Doctah WAAwee



Ah yes, you give me free food, clean up after me, bathe me, give me free living space, and cater to my every need. Yes, I'M the stupid monkey.

  • ...
16
 158
 2,665

A Walk Around Town

'...Crap.'

Amias was frozen in place as the mares continued staring (Surprised Patrick impression) and Amias was chewing on his sandwich. He had about 5 minutes of sandwich, and the same amount of thinking time, to figure out how do deal with this.

'C'mon brain! THINK! What do I do!?'

He swallowed his second bite, and slowly bit into the sandwich again.

'I don't know if I can use my magic yet. Dammit, I should have tested it before I left the room! Maybe by not doing anything, I can get out of this!'

3 minutes.

'But wouldn't that be what someone would do if they were caught in an awkward situation? Maybe if I just non-nonchalantly eat this sandwich and act all innocent like, maybe that would work?'

Swallow, bite, chew.

'Maybe if I stopped staring at them this would work!? C'mon man! You've been caught doing worse things then eating a damn sandwich! Stop acting like you got caught watching Brazilian Fart Porn!'

He was almost done with the sandwich, he had a clear plan of dealing with this, AND he got to finish his sandwich! Win-Win.

He bit down on the last of his sandwich and chewed. He looked at the group with that 'innocent dog' look. Tilting his head slightly to the side, making his eyes wide, but not too wide...he felt like he was belittling himself, but he swallowed his pride, and the last of his sandwich, and kept a straight face.

"...Wow Fluttershy, when you said that he was a special one, you weren't kidding my dear." The white pony said breaking the silence. She still had a surprised look on her face.

The little pony was stuttering like crazy, trying to form a coherent sentence but having just the tiniest bit of trouble with that.

'I really hope I didn't brake her.' Amias thought. Though he loved the looks of 'wtf' he got from his performances, he really didn't want to feel the emotions someone gets when their dog uses a toilet while reading the newspaper.

However...the reaction he got from the yellow and smaller white one really caught him off guard. A 'Squee' sound came out of nowhere before he was tackled by said mares, and given a hug that threatened to rip him from his well earned sandwich.

"He's. SO. ADORABLE!" They both screamed coupled with a girlish squeal.

Now his sandwich wanted to pack it's bags and leave this place as soon as possible. He almost gagged when they said he was 'adorable'. The little one was rubbing up against his leg and the yellow one was nuzzling against his cheek.

"Aww, he can make a sandwich, he's so smart! Yes you are! Yes you are!" The yellow one said while rubbing his head...and you know what?

It felt good.

Deep down inside, he was actually liking the attention he was getting from the mares...and he was disgusted for liking it...but it felt...

'Is...is this what a dog feels like? But...I'm not an animal!'

Fluttershy got a paper towel from the rolls in the kitchen, put some water on it, and cleaned his face of crumbs...

'This is so demeaning!...Just bear it man...'

After she finished emasculating him. She looked over to her friends.

"Didn't I tell you he was special?"

"...Ah don't know Fluttershy...them eyes ah his seem pretty shifty tah me...I don't feel right about this human."

'Crap, the orange one is on to me!'

"Don't be preposterous Applejack! While knowing that a human can make and eat a sandwich is...jarring, its still an animal, just...a very well trained one."

"...Alright...if y'all say so."

'*Whew* white pony for the save.'

"Awww...isn't that precious, he covered himself in a blanket. How cute." Rarity coo'ed.

'...Nevermind.'

"I really like his mane! And his eyes are...different." The smaller white pony said.

"Ah can say this...that human there is the best bread human ah have ever seen. Ah have a friend that dabbles in breeding humans...she would be greener then mah families hooves if she saw him."

'I'm not THAT impressive. Well, maybe in this world I am. He he.'

"Can I play with him!?" said the squeaky voice of Sweetie Belle.

"After I'm done with his measurements, If Fluttershy allows it, you can have all the fun you want with him Sweetie Belle."

'So...the yellow one is Fluttershy I'm guessing, and the little one is Sweetie Belle...awww, that's so cute!'

Sweetie Belle looked up at him with those huge green eyes of her and flashed him the biggest smile he has ever seen.

"You hear that boy! We get to have fun later!"

'I...can't resist. Testosterone levels rapidly diminishing!'

Amias slowly went down on one knee, much to the surprise and excitement of the young filly. He reached behind her ear and started scratching it. Her eyes went wide before she smiled and nuzzled into his hand before jumping and wrapping her tiny little hooves around his neck while nuzzling into his cheek. He wrapped his arms around her tiny marshmallow like body and returned the hug.

"AWWWW, this is so precious! Camera! I need a camera!" Rarity screamed. Fluttershy flew upstairs and came back with a camera. Rarity used her magic to take hold of the camera and started to take photos of the completely adorable scene.

Fluttershy had a tear in her eye, Applejack looked on with a smile, and Rarity was busy taking runway model amounts of pictures of the scene.

Sweetie Belle unwrapped her hooves from Amias's neck, and he let go of her body in turn.

"Can I show him to my friends! Applebloom and Scootaloo would love to see him!"

"Of course you can Sweetie Belle, in fact today I was planning to walk him throughout town. Its not good to keep humans locked up in houses, they get antsy."

'That was by far the best experience I've had in this world, maybe its not so bad...'

"Well we just HAVE to introduce this human to our friends! They would simply LOVE it!" Rarity exclaimed.

'Well, looks like i'm getting the town tou-.'

*Click*

The sound of something clicking on his neck was heard, he put his hand on his neck to find out...

It was a leash...

They leashed him.

'...Why didn't I see that coming?'

"Now lets get him over to the boutique so I can work my magic on him!"

They pulled on his leash and they started walking out of the house.

'Wow, this place is beautiful! Though, I would enjoy it more if I wasn't leashed.'

The walk to town was very pleasant. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and all that good stuff.

Amias breathed in the fresh air, much better then stale caravan air.

"Who should we go see first Rarity?" Sweetie asked.

"Well, I don't have any pressing matters to attend to at the moment, so taking those measurements can wait. Maybe we can go see Applebloom, since the farm is actually very close?"

"Ah think tha family would like to take a gander at this human as well. He's pretty cute."

'Again with this cute business.'

He was blushing slightly but none of them seemed to notice. These ponies constantly calling him cute was getting to him.

After a couple minutes of walking, they started to pass by an increasing number of apple trees.

'Wait...apple trees...she owns an apple farm?'

"Well we're here. I'll get tha family together" Applejack went into the barn.

"I wonder how they'll react to him?"

"They'll love him I'm sure of it...by way Fluttershy, did you ever get around to naming him?"

'Oh no.'

"No...actually I never thought about that until now...what would be a good name for him?"

"Well, he's very smart, smarter than the average human-"

"I got it!" Sweetie interrupted.

"And what is that Sweetie?"

"Hogi!"

'...What?'

"You know! From that cartoon! The human who can talk and always steals the pic-a-nic baskets?"

Amias's eye started twitching.

'No...they...no!'

"I watched that show when I was a filly my dear...but I don't think that would fit."

"What about Spider! You know, from that show 'My Little Human: Friendship is Magic?"

Amias felt the urge to slam his head against the nearest hard object for some apparent reason. He shrugged it off.

"He actually looks a little like him."

"...Sister...are you a Human-Lover?"

Rarity blushed when Sweetie Belle asked that question. "The show is...quite entertaining, even though its for little colts."

"I'm not judging you sister! I just...was surprised that you never told me! Who's your favorite!"

'Why does this feel familiar?'

"Actually...Spider is my favorite."

"Mine's Jiminy Carrey! He's so funny!"

'This feels so strange...'

"Ummm...I like the name Spider...even though spiders are a little scary." Fluttershy said.

"So its settled! His name is Spider!"

The sound of hooves coming from the barn was heard. Then out came a BIG red stallion, finally, a yellow filly with a big rod bow in her mane, and a old green mare.

"WOW sis! Y'all weren't kidding when you said he was different!"

The smallest of the group ran up to Amias and started walking around him.

"Wow, he's tall! I've never met a human this close up before!"

She stood in front of him and slowly brought her hoof up.

"Can it do cool tricks?"

'I'm not a damn dog.'

He detested being talked to like an animal, but those HUGE eyes of the red bowed filly melted his heart. So, he decided to humor her, he went on one knee and shook her hoof. She squealed in excitement.

"Isn't this awesome!?" She squealed.

"Eeyup." said the big red one.

"You try it Big Mac!"

She stepped away so that the big dude could move in. He came up and brought his hoof out too. Amias stood up and shook it.

"Wal, yo' wasn't jokin' about th' hoomin bein' special Applejack. Shet mah mouth! This hyar ones eyes is sumpin t'behold, cuss it all t' tarnation!" said the green one...

'What?'

"Yeah, them eyes a eyes are pretty cool." Applejack said.

"Eeyup."

'Is this guy gonna say anything else?'

"Whats his name?" Applebloom asked.

"Spider!" Exclaimed Sweetie Belle.

"OH! Y'all mean like that human from that show!" Applejack added in.

"You watch it too!?" Screamed Applebloom and Sweetie Belle.

"Erm...yes, ah watched it once with Rarity..."

'Why can't I shake this familiar feeling?'

"What were y'all going to do with him?" Applebloom asked.

"We're going to show him around Ponyvillie, and take him to visit our friends."

"Can ah go!?"

"Ah doesn't knows yo'ng one. Ju does all yer cho'es?" said the old mare.

"Yes."

"Feed th' pigs?"

"Yes."

"Oil th' crop dester?"

"Yes."

"Slap th' bull?"

"Yes."

"Make a barnyard identical t'th' one in th' field fo' no apparent reason?"

"Yes."

"Wal, okay. Have fun wif th' hoomin, now git along yo'ng gal."

"YAY!"

'...What?'


The town of Ponyvillie was pretty chill. Straw roof houses, bunch of ponies ogling Amias, lots of physical contact in the form of petting and snuggles, a few ponies avoiding him because of the eyes, and sunshine, lots of sunshine.

A buzzing sound was heard heading straight towards the group that was walking though the town.

"Hey Scootaloo! Check out this human Fluttershy got!" Sweetie said.

Scootaloo, how was riding a scooter, stopped in front of the group. She had bags on her side filled to the brim with what looked like flyers.

"Wow, never met a human in person before...can it do cool stuff?"

"Applebloom asked that same question!" Sweetie said.

"Well, it can shake, hug, and it's named after the human in MLH, Spider!"

'Why do I feel like gagging?'

"Really? I would have named him Rad Daredek, he's best human!"

'There's that uncanny feeling again...'

"That's because you have a crush on him." The other two said.

"I do not!"

"Your helmet says otherwise."

The helmet in question was blue, with really cool and wild designs on the side, and in the middle was the hand of a human, the thumb and pinky were out in the 'hang loose' fashion. Every finger was a different color, and the palms color w were the colors of the fingers in their order.

"It's just a helmet!"

"And the scooter?"

"It's a very high quality scooter!"

"And your lunchbox?"

"Its a lunch- whatever! I'm bringing flyers for Pinkie's latest party. A new mare showed up with no memory and she decided to throw a 'Let's welcome miss no name to Ponyvillie' party. Everypony's invited."

'Wait...

Amias remembered what he did to Rainsugar.

'So she made it?...And this Pinkie character is throwing her a party?'

"Oh darling, that would be a...way to introduce the human to Pinkie, and possibly the rest of Ponyvillie...but I don't think the Cakes allow humans in the store..."

"Oh...maybe we should wait until the party is over and then introduce him to Pinkie?" Fluttershy suggested.

"Dear, you know how she gets when we miss one of her parties, maybe we can keep the human outside for the time being?"

"Ohh...okay, maybe that will work."


A brief walk to Sugercube corner.


Music was blaring inside the shop, cheers and cries of joy were heard, everypony was having a blast welcoming the new mare. Amias could hear it all...

From outside the shop. And the only source of fun that he had was a pebble that he found on the ground.

'It sounds like they're partying like its 1999 over there...'

Amias sighed, he was tied to a bench. and he had nothing to do but talk to himself.

'Maybe now is a good time to see if I can use my magic. Something basic...a hat.'

He thought up of a hat and used his magic to make an illusion of one.

'No pain, no headache, well what do you know!'

He made the hat vanish..now he was bored again.

'When am I gonna tell them that I'm intelligent? If this is what I have to look forward to then I might as well go in there and ask if I can have a soda or something...'

Of course that wouldn't be a good idea, so he just decided to wait...

And wait...

And wait...

And wait...

It was getting dark.

'Man, this Pinkie girl sure knows how to throw a party.'

A tap on his shoulder took him from his thoughts. It was Fluttershy, and she had a plate filled with...

'Oh...my...God.'

Cupcakes, candy, sweets, dulce, yum yum.

She put the plate on the ground and moved it slowly towards him.

"I'm sorry, Pinkie's parties are always crazy...I got you some swe-."

And for the second time, Fluttershy was looking at an empty plate. Amias was looking straight at her, he had no crumbs or anything on his face. He licked the side of his lips.

Fluttershy giggled and wrapped him into a warm hug. "You're getting better at that." when Amias started to hug back, she tightened the hug.

She breathed a sigh. "Although I do love Pinkie with all my heart...her parties are a little too...wild sometimes. To me almost nothing compares to spending time with my animal friends..."

'This...is nice...is it bad that I don't mind being called her animal friend?'

Neither of them noticed a certain rainbow colored pegasus watching them.

"So this is the new human I heard about."

Fluttershy jumped in Amias's arms, let out the cutest 'eep', and looked behind her.

"Oh...hi there Raindow Dash..."

'Fitting.'

"I just came here to feed him a little something, he's been out here for quite some time."

Rainbow Dash flew, yes flew, closer to Amias. "Those eyes are pretty cool."

She flew closer...

And closer...

And closer...

Amias's 'me bubble' was popped at this point.

'Uummmmmm...'

She rose her hoof up and rustled his hair a little bit.

"Your the best looking human I've ever seen." she turned her head over to Fluttershy "how old is he, 5?"

'I'm gonna get you back for that...'

"Sorry, but I really don't know the correct age...is that bad?"

"No Shy, don't be so apologetic-" When she looked to Amias again, he had his tongue out. He was staring directly at her. "What are you gonna-"

Amias didn't let her finish her sentence. He licked her on the nose, prompting her to move back and give him his breathing room again.

"Awww, he likes you Rainbow!" Fluttershy said.

Rainbow rubbed her nose dry, "I guess he does...so, you have a name for him?"

"Sweetie Belle called him Spider..."

"You mean from MLH?...I actually see the resemblance. And let me guess, Scoots wanted to call him Rad Daredek?"

'I'm just gonna roll with it.'

"Yeah...she told us about the party while we were walking with Spider...how did she get the money to buy all that stuff? HLP stuff costs a lot of money."

"She's been doing some odd jobs to get the money to buy all that stuff...man, she really likes Rad."

"Yeah...I myself never watched the show...but I would give it a try...I just don't have tv."

"Well, the party's over and everypony is leaving for the night."

Rainbow looked over to Amias again. "Twilight is going to have a field day when she meets Spider..."

"Yeah...I hope she can take it well."

"Take what?"

Fluttershy 'eeped' and looked around to see Pinkie Pie, smiling as always.

"Who will take wha-" Pinkie stopped and gasped loudly when she saw Amias. "A HUMAN!"

'So this is the-' his thoughts were stopped when a pink blur smothered him.

"Who a cutie humy? You are!" Pinkie was snuggling and nuzzling and any other word used to describe cutesy body contact Amias.

'She smells like candy...wait, what is she-'

Pinkie started tickling his belly, calling him names that are more reserved for grandma's.

"Who a good human, who's a good hu-" Pinkie stopped her sentence when Amias did the one thing they never expected...

He smiled and started laughing. That didn't deter Pinkie though, in fact she got excited.

"WOWEE! This human can smile! And LAUGH!"

She moved some of the blanket that was covering his belly and...

Blew a raspberry in his stomach like he was some 5 year old, oh wait.

"Awww, he's so CUTE! Is this the 'special human' you got Fluttershy!...Fluttershy?"

Rainbow and Fluttershy were doing a 'Surprised Patrick' impression.

'Oops...I dun goofed.'

"...They said he wasn't like normal humans right?..."

"...Yes."

"...I think that was an understatement."

"He...he's so pony like I...can't even."

"I don't think we should show Twilight today." Rainbow suggested

"Yeah..."

"Oh, and before I forget, we have to get ready for a trip to the Crystal Empire tomorrow...the Equestria Games are starting and they gave us all V.I.P tickets!"

Fluttershy gasped. "Oh my, I completely forgot! I was so busy caring for Spider that I forgot!...And we forgot to get his measurements."

"Don't worry, Spike did a great job taking care of the pets last time, so he can take care of the human too...we'll just bring him tomorrow to Twilight's library."

"But...well, he is very smart...he's healthy...okay."

"Don't worry Fluttershy, Spike already agreed to it when we got the tickets in the mail, he'll be in good hooves."

Rainbow looked over to see Pinkie feeding his copious amounts of sweets, which Amias didn't resist to at all...

He was smiling throughout the whole feeding.

"I just hope that Spike can handle him and his...'uniqueness'." Fluttershy said.

"Yeah...me too."