• Published 10th Aug 2013
  • 9,340 Views, 66 Comments

Spikes new life - The Soviet Turtle



Having enough of Twilight's work, Spike runs to Canterlot castle and stays with the Princesses, Twilight tries to get him back but fails. So what's Spikes new life going to be like in the castle, along with a homeless mare and her children

  • ...
21
 66
 9,340

Getting Settled

As the four made their way through. Creative and her foals looked around at the fine crafted Marble. Spike also looked but wasn’t as interested. Having already walked these halls before. They finally entered the throne room were Celestia and Luna both sat on different thrones. Creative and her foals quickly bowed to them, Spike soon followed.

“Please rise,” Celestia said. The group getting back on their knees.

“Spike, it has been much too long since we talked,” Celestia said as she walked down and hugged the Drake, he returning it back.

“I missed you too.” He said as the two broke the hug.

“I did not know you were bringing guests with you.”

“Well, I was making my way here through the alleyways, to avoid all the traffic. I ran across these three, I found them with nothing and decided to help those, at least providing shelter. So…If it’s okay with you, can they stay in the castle for a while?” He said sheepishly.

“Oh, and you decided to do this without asking me first?” she said, causing Spike and the others to worry. But soon broke out laughing.

“Do not worry. I know your heart was in the right place. I will allow them to stay.” She said. Causing the two foals to jump high in excitement and Creative to smile on the verge of tears.

“Oh thank you! Thank you!” She said. Luna then came down.

“Sister let me show these two to the rooms, to get them off of your hooves.”

“If you please,” Celestia said.

“Come on, let us go,” Luna said, the two foals following behind her. Looking at each other as the doors close.

“Alright, now we have some privacy. You must realize we will need you to do some work for us. We don’t want to show the image that we are renting out rooms for free. I am letting Spike stay here as a guest and a friend.” Celestia said. Creative nodded.

“I understand.”

“Please tell me, what is your name?”

“Creative Paint, my foals are called Electric Buzzer and Singing Melody.” She said.

“Mrs. Paint, I assume by your name that you are talented with a brush?” Celestia said.

“It's actually misses now.”

“Oh, my apologies.”

“It is alright, not your fault. But, yes. I am very good with painting.”

“Well, Miss Paint. I believe we have a solution. I hereby pronounce that Creative Paint and her foals shall stay in the castle and Miss Paint herself will paint a portrait when requested. But the request has to go through me and Luna first.” Celestia said.

Creative Paint once again bowed.

“Thank you, Princess. I swear I will not let you down.” She said.

“It is alright. Now I would like to have a private talk with Spike here. I’m sure Luna will be able to help you. My guards will be able to assist you in the right direction.”

“Of Course, and once again. Thank you.” Creative said as she left the room leaving the Drake and the princess alone.

“So Spike. What is troubling you so much that you decide to move far away from your friends?” Celestia asked. Spike tried his best to lie through his teeth.

“Um. I just felt like I needed to start somewhere new, I am getting older.” Spike said, Celestia just chuckled and gave a grin.

“I have lived for more than a thousand years and have known you all your life. I know when you’re lying or not. So what’s really troubling you?”

Spike sighed, he knew there was no other option. He just hoped he wouldn’t be turned into stone or sent to the moon for saying what he was about to say about her personal student.

“Basically, I’ve had enough of Twilight and the crap I’ve had to put up with. Every time she and her friends go off on adventures, I’m left behind cleaning up her messes and completing her way to fucking high standards and long pointless chore lists. So I asked her if she could at least start paying me at least, she and I had an argument. In the end, I decided that if she wouldn’t change, I wasn’t going to stay there. And the only place I knew that I could stay at was here in Canterlot. And that’s how I stand before you today.” He finished, expecting the worse to come. Ike maybe at least a few strong words in the royal Canterlot voice.

“Well. It seems that if what you said is true, then I will gladly let you stay here. You do deserve a rest for years of service to my student. And you are growing so you may make a life for yourself.” She spoke, this caught Spike off guard.

“Really, is that it? No stone prisons or even some shouting in the Royal Canterlot?”

“Oh, I see how you confused. Yes, I am mad that you have said such things about my student. But your service under her as her assistant has been long, so I see to it that you get some rest and once you feel you’re ready. You can make the choices of what to do with your life.” She finishes. Spike smiles before hugging Celestia tight.

“Thank you. But how will you message Twilight?”

“That is something me and her will have to figure out later. But for now, there is no need for you to worry.”

“Alright then.”

“Well, I think it’s time you get settled. I will take you there myself.” Celestia said.

The Drake and the princess made their way down the halls until Celestia showed Spike his new bedroom. King sized bed with some drawers, balcony, mirror and desk.

“I will let you get settled. And you may add anything you’d like to your room. Like Posters and such.”

“Great. And again, thank you so much for all of this you are doing. Not only for me but for Creative and her foals.” Spike told her. Celestia smiled and nodded.

“Of course. Anything for my baby dragon.” Celestia said grabbing Spike and pulling him down into another hug, nuzzling Spike's cheek, making Spike blush.

"Mum, I'm not a baby anymore," Spike said, Celestia just giggled before she let him go and began to trot out of the room.

"Okay, Mister Grown up Dragon. I have to finish court, i'll see you at dinner."

Celestia soon left Spike to himself as he walked out to the balcony. He breathed in the air and watched the Canterlot streets below him. He smirked as he saw his old home in the distance before walking back into his room.

“Well, my new life starts now. Bring it on.”

Author's Note:

here's the new chapter after a very long time. hope it was worth it.

keep calm and tomahawk on.

Comments ( 43 )

I am really interested in this story. It has caught my attention and can't wait to see where it goes. I am dying to see Twi come there trying to demand him back and he just goes off on her. I mean there is only like a 4 year difference between them and she think she can boss him around. Celestia is his mother not her. Paint better watch out, with all the charm Spike has and talent she will fall for him very quickly. We all know he is quick to compliment a mare if he think she is cute lol. I hope this is a sign the story is alive again and we wont have to wait so long for updates. Keep up the great work and I will always be here to read your work.:moustache::moustache::pinkiehappy:

So we mite have some Spike x Celestia, or Celestia wanting to be Spikes mom going on. Awesome! Loving this story.

4514856 I am with you ether way. I can see Celestia falling for Spike as well. She is one of the only people to see how mature he is and I know she can see what a great dragon he is. I am sure she could sweep the Sun Goddess off her hoofs. :trollestia::moustache:

Oh, yeaaah! A new chapter finally! Oh, I see some dislikes, but this is beacause from your much time for writte, no? Well, it's good that this continue.:pinkiehappy:

Good to see you back. Though I wonder how long it will take for Twilight to notice that he's gone and try to get him back. I do look forward to see how the romance between Paint and Spike bloom.

Nice job. You caught me with this story and I will see forward to more chapters^^

Can't wait to see more, great job!

I cant wait to see what happens next.

I want more bring me more please please please I am begging I love this story

More ?

Lack of pony terms and grammar aside, I like the overall idea, even if there were times that you failed to clearly convoy character emotions.

Saddened to see it practically die though...

I shall read once another chapter is added.:twilightsmile:

HOW DARE YOU PUT THIS ON HOLD!

5633695 when did i say I was putting this on hold?

5633760 well, the fact that u haven't updated it for almost a year suggests that...

5633781 I do plan on updating this, but I've got other stories, life issues and a limited time I can write. I'm still thinking of ways to continue for the next chapter but I will update it.

I have to say that considering who he is, I really don't think Spike would swear so openly.

How much longer before the next one?

Interesting premise, however, I'll hold off until one or two more chapters appear.:twilightsmile:

Well, the story is good. Has a lot of promise. But I'm kinda bothered about the fact that nothing really started with the two chapters that were given and this story has been out for over a year and a half. Plus, since it's been out, you didnt even go back and re-edit the two small chapters you have to make them more readable and fluent.

I feel like this won't continue. But I don't want to give up on this idea. So, I would like you to know that I'm considering making a story similar to this, but different enough that I wouldn't be taking anything from your story.

I wanted to let you know so you won't think I'll be trying to take your material.:twilightsmile:

Very promising. I like this a lot. Wonder what will happen later on. Keep it up.:twilightsmile:

:raritycry:Please continue this story i really like it.

love to see more of the story! :)

When are you going to continue!?

How's the update coming

whens the next chapter??

When is the next chapter coming out?

Very good fiction, I can't wait to read more.

why do all the good stories never get finished:flutterrage::applecry::raritycry::twilightangry2:

7717445 I know, right? It's like all the good ones are dead.

How about next chapter? Please dont be dead...

Please continue this story. Its real good

When is the next update?

Please continue this fiction, it's a trully gold. Please come back.

Are you going to continue this?

9049189
Nope. Seems the lazy jackass abandoned it. (Haters can blow me)

karma senses are tingling quick make next chapter i will get the popcorn ready

I totally get where this story is coming from and I probably have written this kindoff story in my head for years since joining the fandom. However, it seems to stream of concius of a writing style with little explained and expanded on. I think this can be an amazing story but it needs to go through editing alot more.(finally actually read this, its been on my read later for years)

5633864
When the next chapter?

Login or register to comment