• Published 6th Aug 2013
  • 14,806 Views, 303 Comments

The Chaotic Relationship of Eris and Dusk Shine - 6ix



Dusk Shine has been in a crazy relationship with Eris ever since she decided to crash his birthday party two years ago. Their opposing nature has made ever day of their love just as exciting and unorthodox as the first day it started.

  • ...
42
 303
 14,806

Micro Chapter 1

The doctor looked up at five shocked ponies, a chimera holding her stomach laughing while pointing at her mate’s dumbfounded face and one vibrating pink stallion. He was a little concerned by their reaction. The physician was not one to make a mistake so easily; he was certain they already knew of the pregnancy. He flipped back through her file and lost a little color.

“I don’t suppose you go by the name Green Hoof?” He asked sheepishly.

Eris started laughing even harder as Dusk looked like he was about to fall over. “Oh wow.” She wiped a tear from her eye. “I am legitimately entertained right now.”

Embarrassed, the doctor excused himself to correct the error.

Eris looked down at her belly. “As funny as that was I’m glad. I really don’t care to host a parasite.”

“Eris!” Elusive said sternly. “Unborn foals are not parasites.”

Eris just smirked. “Dusky? What defines a parasite?”

Dusk thought for a moment before quoting the textbook definition. “Um…a parasite is an organism that lives on or in a host and gets its food from or at the expense of its host.”

“Foals are parasites.” Eris sang. “And they stay that way until they can wipe their own ass.”

“I find myself relieved that you’re not reproducing.” Elusive said smugly.

“I’m not.” It may have been a whisper but everypony in the room heard Dusk’s comment. An uncomfortable silence swept over the group of friends.

The hoof steps of the doctor sounded like hammers smashing on the tile as he walked back into the room. “My apologies for the mixup, I do have your correct file and as it turns out I had the right test just the wrong medical history.”

Dusk’s eyes widen at the notion.

Blitz didn’t catch on. “Sooo….”

“It was anemia caused by pregnancy.” The doctor looked at Eris and Dusk. “Congratulations.”

Everypony in the room either deadpanned or glared at the doctor.

“There is a special place in hell for you.” Eris said in a flat tone.

The doctor only flinched slightly. He was used to giving all kind of news to his patients so her comment had little effect.

“How is this possible?” Spines asked. “They are two very different species.” She glanced at AJ for a second. “Wouldn’t their genetic code be too different?”

“Logically yes, however Eris is a chimera. The core of her biology is dragon and pony. So I would have to assume that her reproductive organs are one or the other.

Spines gulped. “Wouldn’t they, her organs I mean, have to be pony?”

The doctor shook his head.”As it turns out, no; the genetic markers that give us ponies our magic are the same that dragons have.”

Butter Scotch flew up to the doctor. The look on his face was like a foal that was just givin chocolate. “There are really dragon ponies?”

“I never heard of this before.” Dusk commented. “Never even read anything that hinted at it.”

“No surprise there,” agreed the doctor. “I only know of this because of Spines. After the first few times that she visited a lot of us had to learn about dragon physiology for her sake; didn’t see it coming of use in this way though.”

Spines was growing nervous. “These um… dragon ponies.”

“Longma,” the doctor interrupted.

“What?” Spines tilted her head.

“They’re called longma.” The doctor answered. “Funny name.”

“Only to us.” Dusk commented. “It’s an eastern tongue. I had to learn their language in order to greet some dignitaries from the region. I don’t know much but I recognize the accent in the word.”

“Well,” Spines said as she tried to pick up from where she left off. “These longmas are rare or we would have known more of them. So I can assume that it difficult to um…produce them?”

“I see what you’re asking.” The doctor said. “But no the odds of impregnation are the same as a pair of ponies. The only reason longmas are rare is because the coupling of dragon and pony are rare.”

“You’re very curious about this, Spines.” Dusk chirped in.

Spines blushed a little before she answered. “Y-yes well I don’t really know much about my kind.”

Eris grinned knowingly and glanced at AJ who was hiding his face under his hat.

“Wait.” Blitz smirked and looked over at Dusk. “So D knocked up Eris?” He flew up to his friend and punched him in the shoulder. “You dog you!”

“How am I a dog?” Dusk asked as he rubbed his shoulder.

Blitz shrugged. “I think it’s more like you did it like a dog.”

Dusk glared a little bit at Blitz. “How could I do it like a dog?”

“Depends on the position.” Eris chirped in earning her a hoof bump from Blitz.

Dusk just rolled his eyes and ignored their immaturity.

“So...” Butter Scotch timidly placed a hoof on Eris’ shoulder. “You’re going to be a mom?”

“Well…”Eris snapped her claw. “Not anymore.”

Everypony in the room went white as paper with no life in their eyes. Blitz fell out of the air and Butter Scotch passed out.

Eris started laughing harder than she had all day.

“Oh boys, I would be a lot more bored without you all. I’m kidding guys; I can’t make something just go away like that. If I could I wouldn't have been turned to stone so many times.”

Eris turned her head to Dusk to give him one of her snarky smiles, but her glee melted away when she met his eyes.

“Oh buck.” She said before he teleported away.

Dusk had never been this upset with Eris and she had never seen that look in his eyes before. The moment she saw it she knew that she had finally crossed the line with him.

“I-I…I gotta go guys.” Eris said as she snapped her claw.

“No wait, I haven’t discharged.” She was gone. “You.”

“Hey doc could you help me with Butter Scotch?” Blitz asked as he tried to wake up his fellow pegasi.

“Dusk having a foal with Eris.” Spines said to no one. “No, that’s not going to be stressful.”

Berry shot across the room and nearly tackled Spines. “You think that’s going to be stressful?!” He started shaking her by her shoulders. “I have to throw a shower for the Spirit of Chaos.” His eyes seem to jump out of his sockets as he went on. “The Spirit of Chaos! How in tartarus am I going to pull that off!” He nearly threw Spines to the ground as the look of dread washed over his face. “What if because of the foal they get married then I also have throw bachelor party then a wedding party and the pony-dragon-chimera abomination will have birthday parties. What if it doesn't work out between those two? What if it’s a real nasty divorce? Can you imagine the fights between those two? What if the writer becomes tired of this joke and ends the chapter right here?"