• Published 1st Aug 2013
  • 2,216 Views, 51 Comments

(SiC) Part 1 - Ain't Want No Yeller Ponies 'Round Here - Brian Jacko



Applejack becomes racist and it's up to her friends to change her views.

  • ...
20
 51
 2,216

Showing Kindness Counts no Matter What

Granny Smith removed the thermometer from Applejack's mouth. "You are running quite a fever, Applejack. I don't know what I can do for you."

Applejack put her front leg against her forehead. She felt as if she were burning up. "Can't we go to the Doctors Granny?" Applejack asked.

Granny Smith shook her head and said, "I'm sorry Applejack, but you didn't want to buy health insurance because you said that you believed that you would never get sick. We can't afford a visit to the Doctors without having health insurance."

Applejack started thinking ridiculous reasons as to why she got sick in the first place. "Why them no good yeller ponies! I bet when I went out to eat, that a yeller pony was cookin' my food and purposely did somethin' to my food in order to make me sick. I hate yeller ponies!"

Granny Smith rolled her eyes and said, "Applejack, you really need to get over that incident that happened so long ago in Manehattan."



As time went on, Applejack was not getting any better, but more sickly. She lay peacefully asleep in her bed.

"Pinkie Pie, put that party horn away! Applejack is sick and she'll get scared if you blow that in her ear while she's sleeping," Twilight Sparkle said.

Pinkie Pie frowned and put the party horn away.

Twilight Sparkle used her magic to levitate a pillow and gently poked the sleeping pony with it.

Applejack yawned and opened up her eyes. When her eyes focused, she was shocked to see that her friends were all standing around her. "What are ya'll doin' here?" Applejack asked. Suddenly, she began to have a coughing fit.

"We just heard that you were sick and Granny Smith told us that you don't have any health insurance, but we know a pony who may be able to help you. Would you like to come with us?" Twilight asked.

Applejack was getting so sick and desperate, that she agreed to go. "Of course I'll go! I need any help I can git."

Rainbow Dash stepped next to the bed and turned her back to Applejack. She got low to the ground and said, "Come on and hop up on my back, A.J. and I'll carry you there."

Applejack very slowly crawled out of bed and wrapped her front legs around Rainbow's neck. She quickly fell asleep with her face burrowed into her colorful mane.



Five Ponies watched Applejack sleep on the couch.

"Do you think we should wake her up now?" Rarity asked?

"I think so," Twilight replied. Twilight gently poked the side of Applejack's body with her hoof.

Applejack tossed around on the couch for a bit and then opened her eyes. "Where am I?" she asked. Suddenly, she realized that she was looking at Fluttershy. The yellow mare had a tray set up next to the couch that Applejack was laying on. On the tray was a bowl of homemade soup.

Applejack became horrified, and even though she was so very sick and weak, she squirmed around the couch in discomfort. "I can't believe ya'll tricked me and took me to see this no good yeller pony! I assume ya'll want her to try to fix me? Ain't no way in Equestria am I gonna eat her food that she probably poisoned, or sleep here, cause she'll probably murder me in my sleep. I want to git out of here now!"

Fluttershy looked away sadly and could not respond to what Applejack had just said.

Twilight Sparkle put her hoof on Applejack's shoulder and said, "I know this is hard for you Applejack, but this is your only hope. Fluttershy really knows her healing foods and herbs, thanks to working with animals and nursing them back to health. You can either take the risk of getting better here, or you can die from not being treated back at home."

Applejack put her hoof to her chin in thought. She knew that she didn't really have a choice, because she would most likely die at home anyway. She sighed and said, "I guess I'll stay. Although I can't imagine anythin' good comin' out of this."

Twilight Sparkle gave her a pat on the head and said, "Thank you for trying, Applejack. It means so much to us all and we'll be back to check on you later. Get well soon!"

The rest of the other girls said goodbye to Applejack and left.

Applejack and Fluttershy stared at each other awkwardly.

Fluttershy pushed the tray over to Applejack and said, "Um, please have some homemade soup that I made you. It has lots of healing herbs in it that will help you to feel better."

Applejack sighed and took the bowl of soup. She carefully took a sip of it as if expecting it could be poisoned and she could drop dead at any moment. The taste of this soup was out of this world delicious and she suddenly drove her head into the bowl and licked every last drop of it.

Fluttershy continued to take care of Applejack. She sacrificed much of her own time just to stay by Applejack's side and cook meals for her. She often brought her birds inside and had them sing lullaby's to Applejack. Fluttershy really knew all about the healing herbs of nature, and Applejack was back on her hooves in no time.

"I think you're all better now and you can go home," Fluttershy said.

Applejack sighed and asked, "How much do I owe ya fer helpin' me out like this?"

Fluttershy shook her head no and said, "It's okay Applejack. I just wanted to do this for you and show you that I care about you. There is no charge."

Applejack felt as if she were suddenly hit by a train, by the words of Fluttershy. She suddenly felt her eyes well up with tears and fell to the ground at the hooves of Fluttershy. "I am so sorry for how I treated ya and I don't understand how you can be so kind to me when I treated ya like dirt. Please forgive my offenses against ya."

Fluttershy bent down low and patted her on the back. "There, there," she said. "I've learned the value of kindness, and of course I forgive you. The girls told me that you had a bad experience in the city and that it hurt your feelings a lot."

Applejack looked up at her and asked, "How did ya do it, Fluttershy? How did ya be so kind to me when I was so hateful?"

Fluttershy nervously turned her head away and said, "Oh, um, I," suddenly her voice trailed off far away and all Applejack could hear was mumbling.

"What did ya say there?" Applejack asked.

Fluttershy spoke up a little louder and Applejack was just barely able to hear her speak. "I love Jesus," she said.

"Ya love Jesus?" Applejack said. "No way! I love Jesus too! My whole family is Christian." Suddenly, Applejack was hit hard by the message of the Gospel and she felt an overwhelming guilt plague her mind for her rather extreme hypocrisy. "I-I-I guess I've been a pretty bad Christian, haven't I?"

"It's ok Applejack. No pony is perfect and we all have our faults in life. Would you like to come to church with me?" Fluttershy asked.

"Golly, I ain't never been to church before. Do ya have to go to church in order to go to heaven?" Applejack asked.

Fluttershy giggled and said, "No. Church is about ponies and their relationship with God.....not about buildings. We go to a building and worship God together, because it's convenient and it helps us to socialize.

"I guess I could take some time off to come. I thank ya kindly for the invite! Come here, sugar cube!" Applejack suddenly wrapped her front legs around Fluttershy's body.

Fluttershy closed her eyes with delight and smiled as she embraced her newly acquired friend.