• Published 1st Aug 2013
  • 2,211 Views, 51 Comments

(SiC) Part 1 - Ain't Want No Yeller Ponies 'Round Here - Brian Jacko



Applejack becomes racist and it's up to her friends to change her views.

  • ...
20
 51
 2,211

Coming Back Home With a Hardened Heart

Applejack trotted happily over to a bakery to buy some warm and gooey cinnamon buns from a food court that she loved. She had been away from Sweet Apple Acres for a while now and was living with her relatives in Manehatten. She was always stopping by this bakery and other places that served food, because the ponies who she lived with did not feed her as much food as she was used to eating back at Sweet Apple Acres. She was a very hungry little pony and she was known to have an appetite of a full grown stallion.

Applejack took out her bag of bits and reached into the bag. She took out two bits for the sweet treat and placed them on the counter. She pointed at the biggest cinnamon bun that they sold and said, "I'll take that big cinnamon bun ya have in that window please!"

The employee went over and got her the treat. He slid it across the counter and Applejack caught it with her hoof. She instantly took a huge bite out of it and said with a mouthful of food, "Thanks again fer the treat! I love comin' here fer yer sticky cinnamon buns! I'll see ya tomorrow!"

"Bye, bye Applejack. I'm so happy that you love coming here. You're my most valued customer and tomorrow, the treat is on me! Hope to see you again!"

Applejack thanked him and began to trot away with her beloved treat. As she walked through the alley to go home, she was suddenly attacked by a pony that had run up to her and grabbed the treat from her, as well as her bag of bits. He shoved her to the ground, after he took her belongings and ran off at full speed ahead.

Applejack was stunned. She laid back against the brick wall and raised her hoof in the air at him as he ran away. "Gimmie back my treat ya thiven' vermin!"

The thief turned the corner and before she even got up, he was already gone.

"Why that no good dirty yeller pony took my treat and my money! I knew all yeller ponies were bad! I hear 'em often talkin' slang and I see them in the poorer side of the city. I bet they all like to steal and they all talk with those slang words! I hate 'em all!"



Applejack looked out of her window and sighed. She hated staying here, not just because dinners portions were so small and she was often left hungry in the middle of the night, but because of what happened earlier today.

Just as she was about to turn around and go into the kitchen, she saw the most magnificent rainbow in the sky. "Wow! I wonder where that rainbow came from! I see it points right back to Sweet Apple Acres! I feel that it's my destiny to go back to the farm. I need to get out of this place. I know there ain't no yeller ponies livin' in Ponyville. In the city, they swarm like cock roaches in a filthy apartment.



Applejack left the city and came back to where she felt she belonged, Sweet Apple Acres. They welcomed her back with great big hugs and smiles. Little did they know that she acquired a new racist attitude and behind those smiles and hugs lay a bitter heart for ponies with coats of a certain color. The only exception Applejack made when it came to tolerating a yellow pony was her little sister Applebloom. Her coat was yellow, but she was an Apple family and she talked normally to her. That was the only yellow pony that she would not hate on, at least not openly.

While Applejack was away, Granny Smith had opened up a bar near the farm to attract more business and to sell some more of their classic home made apple cider that ponies all over Equestria craved.