• Published 31st Jul 2013
  • 3,667 Views, 279 Comments

DANGAN RONPA Equestria: The Elements of Hope and Despair! - Nyte-Blade



Monobear takes over a class reunion, a tour of the new school Twilight just had built, bringing them to the Kingdom of Mutual Killing.

  • ...
11
 279
 3,667

Ch.2 Abnormal Days Part 1

I thought the rain would’ve stopped, but for some reason it came back, this time even heavier than before and on top of that, acting very indecisive. Is the rain sticking around or not?

At the moment of downpour, Sweetie Belle quickly emitted a light-purple hue around us, much to our convenience.

Soon, the others arrived, following Snails as he had his magical umbrella covering the others.

This is the second time I wanted anypony dead... And I somehow got my wish.

I’m sure they’ll believe that this is my doing.

I can't really blame them if that’s the case...

Can I even say that I didn’t want this? Can I at least convince myself that I didn’t want this?

I...

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! Twist! Oh Celestia, why?! Why did she...?!” Truffle rushed to the red-mane mare at an unexpected speed, quickly holding her close.

“Damn it! Shady, did you do this?! Tell me ya didn’t do this!” Pip marched towards me, maybe intending to knock me down.

“Back off, Pip!” Grace held Pip by the shoulder.

“Lemmie go, Gracie! I want answers!”

“...........”

I didn’t feel like saying anything.

What good will it do to deny it? I won’t protest what I didn’t do. It’s obvious I didn’t do it.

I understand why I’m a suspect, but... I want to believe that the others aren’t stupid.

“No, he didn’t!” Sweetie Belle defended me.

“Hmph! Blank flanks lying to cover each other. Typical!” Of course, Diamond Tiara would find some way to add an insult.

“Diamond, this is no time for-” Ginger’s reminder was shot down quickly.

“Shut it! I know you’ve been trying to take Silver Spoon away from me! She’s my friend, not yours!”

“Actually, it is my decision on who gets to be my friend. Now I suggest we focus on the bigger picture.” Silver interjected with a sharp reply.

“The bigger picture is that you’re probably trying to turn against me!” She doesn’t sound so spoiled when she talks like that.

“...........” Silver Spoon... either she didn’t have a comeback, or refused to make one.

“Ugh, whateve-uaaah!?” Tiara turned around, but suddenly yelped the moment we heard a blaring alarm in the distance, quickly coming closer in a matter of seconds.

What sped past Tiara, coming to a screeching halt in front of the crime scene, was a random firetruck. Monobear would suddenly hop out with a firehose, desperately looking left and right.

“Alright, where’s the fire... aww... I wanted to put it out! Stupid weather control!” Monobear complained.

Weather control...?

“Monobear! I thought there was some kind of rule to not destroy property!” Pip said, hoping for confirmation.

“Nah, I don’t really care. Why should I? Anyways, you’re not supposed to be is perfectly sealed and extra enforced to resist horse bucking!” Monobear walked to the crime scene, walking around Dinky’s charred body. “Wow, this is a doozy! You bastards are extreme! Destroying both my barn and harvester!”

“So one of us is the culprit again?” Silver asked.

“Of course! Whaddya expect? That pony didn’t cook itself!” Monobear aimed the hose at one last lingering flame on top of the corpse. After quick squirt, he felt relieved, acting as if he just worked hard putting out the fire.

“Forget that, we need to get Twist some help! HELP HER!” Truffle demanded, holding Twist closer to his chest.

“Y-you know, you should ask your king a bit more nicely...” Monobear trembled at the bass of Truffle’s demands.

“She’s gravely injured! Her beautiful coat is burnt!” Truffle pleaded.

“Well, that’ll be twice the points for tonight’s culprit! Would I really want to deny our lovely culprit those extra points?”

“YOU MUST! I want Twist saved NOW!”

“Oh? She’s not the only one burnt. Also, would it kill you to beg? Seriously, I’m the king! BEG ME!” Monobear pointed at Dinky’s corpse.

Truffle quickly bows to the stuffed teddy bear, appearing in a pose of worship, “PLEASE! KING MONOBEAR, HELP HER NOW! I BEG YOU!”

Truffle, don’t you have any pride left?

“Haaa... fine, fine. So demanding.” Monobear complied after a quick giggle at Truffle’s anguish.

After letting out a sigh, Monobear clapped his paws together, summoning two guards to take Twist away.

“You bastards were a bit too thorough! Don’t you see what’s happened now? I doubt you’ll ever solve this crime with the way things are!” Monobear asked.

“What’s that supposed to mean!?” Scootaloo hissed.

“Game balancing issues! As much as I’d love to execute all of you, I’m trying to run a fair game here! Why do you think that is?!”

“...THE EVIDENCE!” Tiara panicked.

“There’s also Twist... Considering that she’s still alive, she may know who the culprit is. If she didn’t get hurt so badly, we wouldn’t have to worry about the lack of evidence.” Rumble surmised, giving another calm smile.

How could he smile at a time like this!?

“Bingo! Without evidence, you’d never stand a chance! So, I’m gonna give you a handy little tool for tonight’s investigation!”

“A tool...?” I asked.

“As of now, that tool is activated! I’ll leave you bastards to investigate for a while before we have our next class trial! If you’re smart, you’ll figure it out!” Monobear ran back into the firetruck.

“Wait you asshole! You ain’t gonna even tell us?!” Grace angrily asked.

“I’m not gonna help you THAT much! If you can’t show me your resolve to live, then you don’t deserve to! Happy investigating~!”

There he goes... driving back through the orchid. He probably ran somepony over with that firetruck at some point.

“Is a king allowed to have a driver’s license?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Who cares! He’s not even gonna tell us what that ‘tool’ is! Useless!” Tiara complained. “And I have to investigate a murder again!? You idiots are making me sick!”

“Says the bitch who bullied us for years...” Scootaloo muttered.

Tiara whipped her head around, glaring and furiously approaching Scootaloo. “What was that? Come on, say it again, you blank chicken!”

“You heard me! We make you sick?! How do you think I feel about you!?” Scootaloo’s eyes were starting to show a fury like a ghost with a thousand year grudge.

“Stop this now! We have to figure out who killed Dinky or we’ll all die!” Ginger stood in between them, holding Tiara back.

“Oh, that’s funny! Last I heard, she was trying to kill Shady for that stupid promotion, probably to show off to her mom! She’s just as guilty and she deserved what she got!” Tiara fired back.

“SHUT THE HELL UP!”

Tiara shrieked at the volume of Pipsqueak’s simple demand.

“Ya know... All she ever wanted was to see her mom again, that’s it...” Pip’s voice was quivering, but he continued his rant without fail. “But she had to die because one of you couldn’t control that urge, ya know!? We need to solve this crime... for her sake.”

“Then do it! Just leave me out of it!” Tiara began storming off again.

“What, you think you're too good for this or something? That you’re too good to get executed along with the rest of us?!” Snails asked.

“I don’t THINK! I AM too good for this! You idiots should be glad somepony like me is here to lead!” Tiara viciously answered.

“Don’t be surprised if we ain’t gonna listen!” Apple Bloom quipped, sticking out her tongue.

“Tch...! Do what you want! I’ll solve this crime, then we’ll see who’s stupid! I won’t get mislead this time!” Whipping her pink mane, she quickly walked away.

I guess that did wonders in flipping her switch though. She has to be smart enough to know that she just can’t walk out of this.

During the first trial, I recall how the murderer practically made her look like an idiot, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who felt that way.

Guess we’ll get to see if she’s as smart as she claims.

“Hmm... perhaps while we investigate, we’ll have to find out what Monobear meant by a tool for us to use.” Ginger said.

“Might be something in our homes I guess?” Scootaloo said.

I attempted to walk away from the wreckage, heading for the crop circle, but I suddenly felt a hoof on my back.

“Whoa, hold on. You’re not going anywhere!” Scootaloo walked in front of me, blocking me off.

“Hey, I thought Blue Snooper didn’t do it! Didn’t Sweetie Belle and Ginger say so?” Grace chimed in, scowling at Scootaloo.

“How do we know that our little girl scout ain’t lying then!?” Scootaloo pointed at Ginger.

“Wow, way to imply the worst.” Ginger sighed.

“What!?” Scootaloo widened her eyes, then noticed Sweetie Belle’s solemn expression.

“So you think I’m lying too? Scoots, we’re friends!” Sweetie Belle pleaded.

“I-I don’t! I just... I can’t trust this guy!” Scootaloo pointed her forehoof at me. “Why should I!? He was gonna kill Dinky anyways, so-”

“Then we can just help him out! We’ll work together like always!” Apple Bloom suggested, cutting Scootaloo’s defense short. “Hmm hmm... Ah’ can feel it! We clear his name, we’ll get our cutie marks for sure!”

“You can’t be serious... that’s what this is about?! I’m willing to do my part, but not for something like that! Cutie marks can wait! We don’t have time for that!” Scootaloo reminded, this time much more harsh in tone.

“Guys, please don’t-” Sweetie Belle’s pleas fell on deaf ears.

“But what if we’re next? What if we die? We’ll die talentless, die as a nopony. Die as a blank. Do ya want that? Ah’ don’t! So let’s get busy! Positive thinking!”

‘Positive Thinking’ and desperation don’t mix. Just so you know.

“Tch... You know, fine. Do whatever you want, Apple Bloom, but I’m staying out of it. Unlike you, I’ll focus on survival!” Scootaloo walking away, headed straight for the Generosity District.

“C’mon Sweetie Belle! Let’s go!” Apple Bloom prompted.

“B-but what about Scootaloo?” Sweetie Belle kept her eye on her friend.

“She’ll come around! We’re friends, aren’t we? Friends fight all the time!” Apple Bloom said without a care in the world.

You... You’re starting to sound like him...

“Braaaaaaavoooo you three...~”

And look who speaks up...

“R-Rumble!” Sweetie Belle whipped her head around seeing him smiling like usual.

“Hiya Rumble! Wanna join us?” Apple Bloom nonchalantly invited him, despite his behavior.

“Not right now. But before you take Shady with you, I need to borrow him for a moment. Go ahead without him for now, okay?” Rumble smiled.

“Alright~” Apple Bloom agreed.

...........

What does he want now?

Rumble stood next to me as he watched them walk around the crops.

“Shady, that was magnificent.”

He looked as if he couldn’t contain his excitement.

“What was?” I asked, despite knowing what he meant.

“Those three. It seems like their bond is being tested. These abnormal days have tested their bond ever since. You can see it too, I’m sure.”

“You’re going on about friendship again?” I asked, disregarding my growing irritation.

“Relax. I am not here to play the role of an admirer. Rather, I’m here to give you a piece of advice that you should focus on.”

“This better be good.” I rolled my eyes.

Just get on with it.

“Why did she try to kill you?” Rumble asked, lacking a smile this time. He looked pretty calm and focused. For once, I thought I could take him just a little seriously.

“I told you, I don’t know why!”

“Then find the answer. That’s all I can say for now. You know where to look after all. You actually decided to read your motive and it made you go insane. I have to say, that was quite unexpected. But I think we can keep that from happening in the future if you’d just make that contract with me.”

“No, I’m fine. Instead of pestering me about this, you should investigate too.”

Besides, I won’t let myself fall into that again.

“Don’t worry, I’ve already activated my thinking cap. I’ll see you once more when the trial begins.” Rumble outstretched his wings, and whoosh, flying into the air like a bird, I was left behind.

Figure out her motive, huh?

Were it so easy.

INVESTIGATION START!

Okay... before I begin focusing on the motive, I need to scrounge what little evidence I can get.

Starting with who read the motives...

I head to the crop circle where Monobear held his Aesop madness at, hoping to get a look at the bookshelf. There’s probably somepony other than Rumble and I who read their motive.

Finding the bookshelf surprisingly intact, I can see that Ginger, Twist, Diamond, Silver, Snails, Grace, and Pipsqueak never read their motives. Their books sat on the shelf, untouched. However, Myself, Rumble, Truffle, Dinky, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom all read their motives. All noted.

It doesn’t help much, but it’s a start.

NEW AMMO

-Motives Read: Shady, Rumble, Truffle Shuffle, Dinky Doo, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom read their motives.

At the very least, I should ask the ones who read their motives some questions.

Oh right, there’s one important thing I need to look at!

I extend my left hoof, opening the ID menu, scrolling to the Monobear File. Next to the choice on the screen, it read “New!” next to it. I open it, and it displayed a photo of Dinky Doo, with her profile in black and white. With a small doodle of fire displayed around her picture, there seems to be a little mark around her head, right next to her horn.

Guess these are becoming more detailed.

-The Victim is Dinky Doo.

-The estimated time of death is around 10:20 PM.

-The body was found in the Honesty District barn.

-The victim died while restrained inside the barn.

-The victim has a concussion and skull fracture on her forehead.

-In addition, the victim is covered in fourth degree burns.

-Death is almost instantaneous.

NEW AMMO

-Monobear File: Details of the victim’s death are contained within.

10:20... that was around the time the barn exploded. I’m pretty sure the dynamite had to be the cause.

Let’s go over what I already know and connect some dots.

NEW AMMO

-Dynamite: Found by Ginger Snap in the barn when she was treating my injuries. What could’ve set it off though?

It says the death was almost instantaneous here... if one explosion from the dynamite didn’t do it, then the harvester had to finish the job, right?

NEW AMMO

-Wrecked Carbine Harvester: I can see the wreckage of the harvester at the site of the murder. Did the culprit drive it in? That would explain the crash we heard before the explosion...

Also, a skull fracture...? Guess she must’ve hit her head pretty hard when Ginger knocked her out.

Either way, I better keep note of all of this.

Okay... that’s four bits of evidence right off the bat based on what I already know, but I wouldn’t be able to point hooves at anypony unless I can get something more concrete.

I have to figure out Dinky’s motive, talk to everypony who read their motives, and figure out what Monobear meant by giving us a ‘tool’ to use. I have a vague idea, but I better take advantage of this opportunity to gather evidence on my own.

“So Ginger, how’d you find Shady anyway?”

Before I could get moving, my ears twitched the second I heard my name. I can also see Pip digging through the wreckage, desperately looking for something. I’ll keep my eye on him...

This line of questioning takes control of my legs, bringing me closer to the conversation. Honestly, I’m curious too. How did she find me?

“Oh, Shady. I was just gonna answer that question. I guess you just couldn’t resist your name being heard from my lips.” Ginger giggled. “But yes... I was in the coffee shop, having a chat with Silver Spoon about our plans. But when I suddenly heard ‘Die Shady Die’, how could I not?”

Oh... Well that makes sense. The coffee shop doesn’t have soundproof walls unlike our homes.

“Plus, that trail you left didn’t really help.”

“Yeah, you okay man?” Snails looked at my neck worriedly.

“I’m fine. It’s no big deal.” I answered.

“You would’ve passed out from blood loss if you left that wound untreated.” Ginger put a hoof to her face.

“Poor Dinky... what could’ve made her snap? And for that matter, what made you snap, man? I mean, sure she tried to kill you, but that was way too sudden!” Snails quickly said.

“I... read my motive. I didn’t get the prize, but it still got me.” I answered.

I’d rather not go into details.

“Then, maybe she actually won her prize?” Snails asked himself.

“You realize this applies to more than just her, right? If you look at the bookshelf, more of those books are missing.” I pointed to the crop circle.

“Oh, so you know I didn’t need to read the motive... yeah, I’m not gonna be a hypocrite...” Snails nervously said, but I can tell he means it.

“I had no reason to read mine either. Rather, I never had the time.” Ginger sighed.

“So you planned to?” I asked, which made Ginger start walking towards the crops.

“A little curiosity never hurt anypo... oh, that was mean.” Ginger widened her eyes, sighed, then continued. “Ahem, I was just as curious as you and Rumble. I wanted to see if it’d say something about my motivations now. So much for that...”

Ginger stopped at the bookshelf, looking at her own hardcover. She reached for it, but stopped her advance.

“What’s that supposed to mean though? Why didn’t you get to read it?”

“Because the Cutie Mark Crusaders.” She turned to me after giving her answer.

“Huh? Wait, you mean they were in the way somehow?” I asked.

“They were practically keeping anypony else from reading the motive while they read theirs. Selfish, aren’t they? But I suppose they had good intentions.” Ginger answered.

“How’d they block the way?”

“By just sitting there on that road, studying their books.”

“Then... how... wait, when did Dinky get to read her motive?” I asked, confused.

Something’s not right here...

“That’s the biggest mystery. I’m beginning to think that maybe they spoke to her at some point. Maybe recruit her since she too didn’t have a mark.”

Okay, that may explain at least why Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon didn’t read theirs. If the CMC were in the way, They’d want nothing to do with it. However, why’d they let Dinky read hers? Whether they did or not may answer a lot of questions...

NEW AMMO

-Ginger’s Testimony: States that the CMC blocked anypony else off from reading their motives. Just when did Dinky read hers?

Something’s bothering me though...

“Guys! I found something here!” Pip shouted, prompting us to come over.

“What is it?” Snails asked.

“Look at this! I found it under the wheel there!” Pip held out what appeared to be a crushed object that looked nothing like the rest of the pieces. It looked as if it were formerly a piece of hard plastic with some metal attached to it.

“Dude, you sure that didn’t just come off the harvester itself?” Snails asked.

“Actually...” Ginger narrowed her eyes, trailing off. “I think that might be the lighter from the first-aid kit I found...”

“Lighter!?” I couldn’t keep my shock contained this time.

“Well, yes. When I pulled out the dynamite, you were paranoid enough as it is. Did you honestly want me to go further?” Ginger asked, giving me a ‘you can’t be serious’ look.

“DYNAMITE?! WE HAD THAT!?” Pip fell on his rear.

“You... didn’t know? I found it next to the hole you crashed through. I could’ve sworn you had known about it.”

“No, I didn’t know! Besides, I was dazed when Gracie bucked me to next week, ya know?!” Pip quickly denied.

“Don’t say it like that!” Snails interjected, blushing for some reason.

Okay, she had a point. But she knew that there was a lighter in that box!

“You three are acting as if a lighter is something uncommon in a first-aid kit. It actually a necessity.” Ginger groaned.

“Whaddya mean?” Pip asked.

“A lighter is used to sterilize sharp objects that would be used during a first-aid process, like a needle or something similar. If you were attacked by say, a griffon or something, and they slash a wound into your chest... you wouldn’t want some nasty germs getting into your bloodstream, right?” Ginger smiled gently, but I have a feeling she was imagining some seriously terrifying stuff in that head of hers.

Least we know how the fuse was lit on that dynamite now.

NEW AMMO

-First-Aid Lighter: It may be broken now, but this had to be why the dynamite was lit.

Pip and Ginger continue to look through the rubble in hopes of scavenging any evidence, with Snails supporting them with his magic.

I still have to meet up with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle, but I’ll try to talk to the others along the way. If I can get information on their locations and such, I’ll have a better lead.

________________________________________________________________

Generosity District - Central Courtyard

“Hey you!”

The moment I passed through the gate, a certain prissy voice grabs my attention from the sidelines.

“Diamond, what is it?”

She walked a little past me, then turned around, giving me a smug look. “Oh, I dunno... just waiting for the killer so I can talk to him.”

“Don’t tell me you think I did it...” I sighed.

Tiara would sigh as well, even shrugging off my statement. “Of course not. She tried to kill you, and I still think she got what was coming!”

“That’s pretty callous.” I retorted.

“You don’t have the right to say that to me!” Widening her eyes and putting a hoof to the side of her head, it’s like she’s saying ‘Are you stupid or something!?’.

...

She has a point though.

“Hmph!” She looked away from me, “If you did kill her, I’d out you in a heartbeat! I don’t care if you think I’m your number one source!”

“Let’s just focus on the real killer then.” I said, changing the topic.

“I got a theory! I bet it was one of those blank flanks!” Tiara just had to go there, didn’t she?

“But I’m a ‘blank flank’, and we already know I didn’t-”

“I didn't mean you, you idiot! You’re different! I meant those crusading idiots!” Diamond Tiara clarified.

“You sure you’re not being biased?”

“Oh, I’m sure! VERY sure! In fact, I bet you’re looking for them now, huh? To question them?”

“Do you even know why?” I asked, since she’s got the right idea, funny enough.

“Nope! But you’re gonna tell me, right? You’re gonna have to! You can’t resist telling me your secrets!” Tiara grinned confidently.

“What in the world are you babbling about? And I never agreed to tell you anything!”

“Oh? But I thought I was your number one source. I mean, I could just stop, but I thought you’d have enough sense and decency to return the favor for all those precious little scoops I helped you with the past year!” Tiara turned away from me.

Whelp... she got me there.

Anything Canterlot related... I had to pry those lips open to get the info I needed.

I guess NOW she wants compensation.

“Did you look at the bookshelf?”

“I never even bothered with it. Daddy would buy me the highest quality books, so I deserve the best written stories to sit in my super expensive bookshelf. Why would I read something written by a stupid teddy bear?!”

Right...

So I explain to her about it and who read their motives and may or may not have claimed a prize for guessing the aesop.

“Ho ho~... So those three are suspicious after all? Hmph. Silver Spoon’s been trying to get me to bury the hatchet, but this changes EVERYTHING! Hehehehehe...” Tiara’s giggle sounded sinister...

“Don’t use this evidence to fuel your vendetta.” I reminded.

“But don’t you see!? This explains a lot! Think about it! Silver Spoon told me that those three blocked the way to the motive anyway!”

“Wait, did she try to read her motive too?”

“No, but Ginger and her had a chat about it. I just happened to be at the table, but I didn’t care.”

“So you knew that Dinky was trying to kill me anyway and didn’t help?”

“I’m a princess! A princess doesn’t soil her hooves with flanks like yours! You’re a stallion, right!? You took care of yourself, didn’t you? Quit getting so irritated!” Tiara looked away, twirling her hair.

I can’t believe this mare... unreasonably selfish to the core, doesn’t care about anypony but herself...

All she’s good for is being generous enough to give me information about the inner workings of Equestria’s politics. That’s it.

Ugh...

“W-w-w-wait! WAIT YOU!”

“What?” I turn around just to humor her.

“I didn’t finish what I was saying!”

aaaaaaand she has nothing useful.

“I don’t want to hear it.”

After hearing her groaning, I felt a surprise burst of wind brush my mane aside, giving a full view of Diamond Tiara’s scowl from her blue eyes.

And off she goes...

Figures. Typical, going home crying... err, wait a minute...

Why is she taking her nameplate off and heading to Dinky’s?

Oh right... I almost forgot somepony could do that. Note-to-self: Block my door with everything but the kitchen sink next time.

“GET OVER HERE!”

For a second I thought she’d actually pull out a rope to draw me in with.

I don’t get her at all. Regardless, she did open up Dinky’s home, so I better take a look.

___________________________________________________________________________

Generosity District - Dinky Doo’s home

To be honest, I expected this place to look like a cow stampede ran through here. Instead, it’s surprisingly well kept still.

“Hmph! I bet she threw away her motive somewhere!” Diamond Tiara said, heading straight for the trash can set by the bed. “Where the heck is it?” She then trotted over to the bin in the kitchen. “Here’s the book anyway...”

“It’s right in our face.” I looked at the table in the middle of the room, reminding me of where I had this camera placed all this time in my home.

Tiara took the book from the trash bin and trotted over here to the small table.

What lay before me was a yellow envelope, large enough to fit your typical office documents. In the middle, was a giant stamp in the center with Monobear’s face. It didn’t appear to be thick at all. Underneath the stamp, was a message in the center.

DON’T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU SEE IN THE MEDIA!

That’s the aesop, isn’t it...?

“I-I knew that! I just thought you should read it first since you were the original target!” Flimsy excuses aside, she picked up the envelope and handed it to me. “Go on! Don’t keep me waiting!”

“This motive doesn’t have much to do with you, really.” I said, irritated at her pressing me.

“Just do it! Make it quick!” She demanded, like an anxious little filly waiting for her Hearth’s Warming present.

“Whatever.” I sighed.

I’m only doing this because this is what I need anyway. Once I open up this envelope, I might know why I was targeted...

I turned the envelope upside down, emptying its contents from the open slit at the top.

What spilled out, was a single newspaper article.

That’s it?

I picked up the paper, turning over to reveal what set Dinky Doo off. For some reason, the date is blotted out...

___________________________________________________________________

PONYVILLE EXPRESS ROYAL NEWS SECTION

-----------, -----------, ------------

Resident mailmare of Ponyville and mother, Ditzy Doo, was arrested today, charged with the crime of smuggling and theft from the Canterlot Archives. The ongoing investigation by the Canterlot Royal Guard and hired detectives was aided by an anonymous tip from one of our own.

The tip that the guards were given lead them to raid the mailmare’s home, discovering the tomes of forbidden time travel spells stuffed inside an official post office carrying bag. The books were immediately confiscated and returned to the royal library just when the arrest was made.

The mailmare denies any wrongdoing, and immediately demanded a lawyer. A trial will be held for Ditzy Doo, for she could face life in the dungeon or a possible execution for these crimes.

Further development of this story will continue when a verdict is reached.
_________________________________________________________________

What followed the article, was an overhead photo of Ditzy Doo, being taken to Canterlot’s Dungeon...!

Wha... what’s going on here!?

Author's Note:

So, for one, this chapter was finished for quite a while. But then I found myself going back and fixing shit, adding in more shit and yada yada.

Gotta make these things flow you see?

Anywho, I think I'm happy with how this part of Chapter 2 came out. Felt nice n' fluid ya dig?

Thanks to thegreenone for proofreading as always, also thanks to jofy for giving me that tip on how to fix the g-docs importing issue! Helped a bunch!

Thanks for reading, and hope you enjoy putting together the pieces! Because whether or not you're right or wrong... we'll wait until the trial! Uu~pupupu~