• Published 31st Jul 2013
  • 2,265 Views, 21 Comments

Friendship is Chaos - Word Worthy



Discord teams up with the Daedric Prince of Madness, Halo's Didact, and three other evil beings to steal the Elements of Harmony's combined power for a mysterious intent.

  • ...
5
 21
 2,265

Chapter 5: The Elements of Chaos

Sheogorath's Palace, Shivering Isles, Oblivion

"Yes, is there something you require?" Haskill said with a sigh.

"Fimmion hungry! Want sweet roll." The wood elf said. He had randomly wandered in without explanation. He now stood before Haskill, as if expecting something. "Do please put on some pants, you are making an embarrassment of yourself."

"Fimmion like pants. Love sweet roll." The Bosmer said replied simply.

"Ugh..., Guards." Haskill called in a disinterested voice. A duo of Golden Saints dragged the mad elf away, who could still be heard murmuring "Sweeeet rolllll". Haskill put his palm to his face, sighing again. I, could use a vacation, perhaps for a hundred years or so.

Thunder shook the palace as a storm passed over New Sheoth. Spontaneously, the opening of a portal near the Mad God's throne cut Haskill's thoughts short. Haskill watched as it coughed out its previous inhabitants.

"Ah, Discord and company. I see you acquired the final 'guest' as my lord would put it. I'm sure he will be most pleased at this." The Chamberlain said. "Dare I ask, what was it like there, I seldom leave the Isles anymore."

"It was absolutely horrendous! Definitely not a good place to vacation. That is of course unless you have a set of skis and lots and lots of scarves." Discord said.

"Hey, it's not that bad you know. You just need to get a little used to it." Ice King said." Didact cracked a rare smirk, or what passed for one on a Promethean. "I could hardly feel a thing, my armor is always at a constant temperature." He said.

"I find it most amusing that you require a tin suit to do that. I can simply wave a wand, and I could feel as if I'm on a tropical island in an instant." Voldermort replied. Didact's smirk changed back to his usual sneer. "Yeah, but you don't have a wand right now, do you Voldy?" Discord added with a laugh.

"So, what are you 'almighty evil-doers' actually up to? Obviously I want to hear more about these Princesses...uhhh... I mean plans of yours." The Ice King said, scratching his large white beard. As if on queue, another portal opened up near the previous one, this time closing to reveal Sheogorath and a new arrival donning a crimson robe and mask.

"Excellent! I see everyone is finally assembled. As promised, time to get to the cheese...no, no, the plans! Yes!" Sheogorath rambled. "But one last thing before we begin! We have yet ta greet our final partner in chaos and woe, do please introduce yourself, if you'd be so kind!"

The crimson robed man nodded, his head cocked in a leisurely manner. "I am the one they call Jack of Blades. It is...a pleasure to be of your acquaintance." He said, glancing at the Didact, Voldermort, and Ice King. The man then turned his gaze to the Draconequus. "Ah Discord, spirit of Disharmony. Your chaotic deeds in your world are quite renowned across the Void, your quite a celebrity there. It's most pleasing seeing you in person once more." Jack finished.

"Touche." Discord replied. Sheogorath snapped his fingers, and a table and chairs appeared next to his throne. He waved his hands to the seats with a grin. At that, the villains assembled to finally discuss business. Didact sat, his chair being almost to small for his body, Voldermort and Ice King took their seats as well, Ice King muttering something about ugly upholstery. Discord merely stood to one side of Sheogorath's throne, whilst Jack and Haskill sat on the other.

"At last, we come to the grand finale, the moment you've all been waiting for!" Sheogorath said as he paused to look at everyone, his grin growing with each second. "The reason you're all here is for one main reason, we all enjoy causing mischief n' chaos, as far and wide as physically possible! Am I right?!" Everyone nodded in agreement. "More or less" Ice King said "Don't forget Dominance as well" Voldermort added. "And Vengeance." Didact concluded.

"And what do we need to pull it all off?" The Mad God asked. "Power!" Everybody said at once. Sheogorath and Discord laughed at this. They had indeed recruited the right kind of people. Sheogorath clapped his hands. "Spot on! But the question is, where in Oblivion do ya get the power? Which is where ma plan comes into play. But first, a little background. Discord, if ya would be so kind?"

Discord nodded. "You see everyone, the land that I come from is a very, very magical one. In Equestria, there is a race of sapient, overly harmonious Ponies, of which there are three sub-types. There are the Pegasi, the winged ones, Earth Ponies, who are the 'ordinary' sort, then there are the unicorns, the magic users. Most prominent, though are the big-wigs themselves, the Alicorns. Not only do they have the wings of a Pegasus, but also have magic ability far greater than most unicorns. There are two specific Alicorns princesses who rule Equestria..." Discord cringed his face in distaste, "Celestia and Luna."

Ice King perked up when hearing the last part. Voldermort scoffed. "I've seen and lived amongst all manner of magical creatures, from undead-looking Thestrals and Dragons, to Dementors and Goblins. But talking ponies and unicorns? What nonsense."

"You would be surprised Voldy." Discord said with a laugh. "Anyways, Celestia is Princess of the Sun, and is responsible for raising it each morning, and lowering it each evening. Luna is Princess of the Night, and raises and lowers the moon. They have great power, but ugh! They are probably the most nauseating do-gooders you will ever have encountered. 'Friendship this, friendship that.' Blah Blah blah!"

"Beings that can raise the sun? That is nothing, my people's civilization in their prime created stars, then we built planets around them." The Didact said haughtily. "Your people always were very show-offy, weren't they Didact?" Sheogorath replied with amusement.

Another thunder-clap rolled across the sky outside, now accompanied by occasional bolts of lightning. Discord continued his narration of his world's history. "Before they came to power, I was the ruler of Equestria. My oh my, such chaotic fun it was! Then those Aedra types showed up and ruined everything! They showed the Princesses how to create some powerful artifacts called the Elements of Harmony in order to imprison me and drive Sheogorath and all the other Daedric Princes out of Equestria's world."

Sheogorath nodded. "Exactly, and now what we seek is payback. Discord here want's his realm back, n' I have a bit of a score to settle with certain...individuals if ya will, or if ya won't. And that's where you all come in. To do all that, we need to harness Equestria's magic."

The Daedric Prince adopted a dramatic look on his face. "What we seek are mighty figures capable of sustaining, and wielding, power of near unimaginable magnitudes. Those willing to be champions of the forces of chaos, domination, destruction, and madness! And you all, have got the job! This power, once we are victorious, shall be split evenly between us. Now I could just go n' create some giant soul tomato or what not to absorb the magic me self, but that wouldn't be practical now, would it? And worse off, the power is guarded, and wielded by a certain six ponies I shan't name. Ask Discord if you're curious, he knows who em' talking about. Any who, the power they wield is the Elements dear Discord was describing a moment ago." The Mad God tapped his cane and six, three-dimensional images appeared over the middle of the table.

"These here, and their owners, are our sole obstacles to obtaining Equestria's magic." Five of the images were of distinctively designed golden amulets. The sixth was some kind of golden crown or tiara. Each design was unique and beautiful in its own right.

The first of the amulets had a diamond-shaped amethyst. "The Element of Generosity." Sheogorath said. He revolved the images, moving to the next, which had a balloon-shaped sapphire gem. "Laughter...". The third was a lightning bolt-shaped ruby. "Loyalty...". The Fourth was a gemstone cut to resemble an apple. "Honesty...". Fifth, and last of the amulets, was a pink gemstone cut in the shape of a butterfly. "...and Kindness." The crown was last. It's rim was studded with seven small sapphires. The most prominent gem was a purplish ruby cut in the shape of a six-pointed star. "This here is literally the jewel-in-the-crown of the Aedric artifacts " Sheogorath said with a chuckle "The Element of Magic. Powerful! And, when combined with the other elements, very-very potent... and dangerous."

"And this is where we need you all. Notice that there are six elements, and yet there are also six of us. To challenge the Elements of Harmony, we will need our own Elements." Discord broke into a grin. "The Elements...wait for it...of Chaos!"

This caused a rush of banter among the assembled villains. "Assuming these Elements of ours will be following similar naming conventions, what shall each of ours be called?" Didact inquired. "Just how do you intend to create these so-called Elements?" Voldermort asked. "Mine better match my irresistible charm." Ice King declared. "Why do I need some trinket when I have my Sword of Aeons?" Jack of Blades also asked.

"Now, now, one at a time. There is plenty of info to go around gentlemen," Discord said

"My my! Your enthusiasm is astounding. About making them, many of ya already wear somethin' I could imbue with the necessary properties to counter the Elements of Harmony. But for those of ya who don't..." Sheogorath snapped his fingers, and two objects appeared.

The first, which appeared on the table next to Voldermort, was a blood-red wand that had a serpent coiled around it. The Dark Lord picked it up in his hand, eyeballing it. He nodded approvingly. The other object appeared next to Didact. It was a blade, made of gleaming blue hard-light energy. It very closely resembled the ones wielded by his knights, but with an ergonomic hilt and pummel made of the same substance as his armor. The Didact grabbed it, standing up to feel the weapon in his hands. It was of perfect balance and weight for his massive form. He sat back down, with the blade now secured at his hip, satisfied.

"Now with that out-of-the-way, let's get on to distributing' the enchantments, eh?" Sheogorath said. He raised Wabbajack, and a blue-white light emerged from its tip. The energy channeled out to each of the villains, save for Discord.

Ice King's crown was struck first, and Discord said, "Element of Contradiction, for you are the master of Ice, yet your heart burns with a not so hidden obsession."

Jack of Blades' mask was next. He flinched ever so slightly as the energy struck him. Discord spoke once more, his face in an evil grin. "Element of Greed, not even fame and strength was enough, All the world was to belong to you..or it would suffer and face its doom."

Voldermort's new wand was then struck. "Element of Tyranny, many feared to even utter your name, for you would do anything to seize power."

Didact was the last, the energy striking his eleg new sword. "Element of Deceit. You shrewdly turned against your people's Mantle, their most sacred doctrine, to further your own goals and visions, even if it meant the sacrifice of your own comrades and loyalties." Discord declared.

Discord then turned towards Sheogorath as he held the Wabbajack out, energy still surging from it. They grinned at each other. "Element of Madness, for Mania and Dementia are your domain."

Then, the energy finally struck Discord, lighting his eyes up with pure energy. Everyone else's eyes, save for Haskill's followed suit. Discord issued his signature laugh as the power coursed through him. "And I of course, am The Element of Chaos!" Sheogorath began laughing maniacally; Jack of Blades, and the Ice King joined in the laughter, eventually even Voldermort began cackling. Didact however, didn't utter a sound.

"Together, we are...The Elements of Chaos!" Discord exclaimed. A particularly large bolt of lightning shined through the window, echoing across the large room and intensifying the moment. "Equestria's magic shall be ours!"

Their ominous laughter echoed across the room as intensely as the rain pattering upon the large window.

Canterlot Palace, Celestia's Bed Chambers

The Princess of the Sun awoke with a loud gasp. A thunderstorm was raging outside her windows overlooking the capital city, pelting the elegant glass with thick sheets of rainwater, causing a loud pattering noise. Two Royal Guards burst in through her door. "Is everything alright your Majesty?" The normally stern, stoic guards now wore intense concern on their faces.

"I am fine...just, just a bad dream is all." Celestia gave them the most reassuring smile the monarch could muster.

"As you say, your highness." The pair of guards reluctantly left the Princess to her thoughts, closing the door firmly behind them.

Something is just not right...I can feel it. There is a power brewing somewhere, and...another force, just as strong, but darker...what could it be? I must discuss what I saw with Luna at dawn. With a sigh, the Monarch laid back down. The rest of the night yielded Celestia a light, dreamless sleep. The storm continued its forlorn rule over Canterlot, its dark clouds and thick rain nearly blotting out Luna's brilliant silver moon.