• Published 31st Jul 2013
  • 2,265 Views, 21 Comments

Friendship is Chaos - Word Worthy



Discord teams up with the Daedric Prince of Madness, Halo's Didact, and three other evil beings to steal the Elements of Harmony's combined power for a mysterious intent.

  • ...
5
 21
 2,265

Epilogue: Celebrations, and Farewells

Canterlot, Equestria

"Citizens of Equestria! We are gathered here today to celebrate a most noble occasion. Early this morning, before dawn, two great enemies came together to vanquish an evil that endangered not just Equestria, but the Universe as we know it! Before us stand the unlikely allies, the Elements of Harmony, and Chaos."

Princess Celestia paused as the crowd cheered.

"The Elements of Chaos, while being villains to the peace of Equestria, realized the threat to us all. And, were gracious enough to set aside their chaotic desires for the greater good." Celestia approached Didact, Discord, Sheogorath, Ice King, Voldermort, and Jack of Blades. "While we may be of opposing ideas, I just want to personally thank all six of you for the roles you played in defeating the 'Precursor' menace. We would surely all have perished were it not for our, mutual, coöperation. No matter what nefarious deeds you all may commit in the future, your efforts to save all of reality will always be a source of admiration throughout Equestria."

Sheogorath chuckled at the Princess. "Aye, Tia. Ya don't need to go thanking little ol' us. We were just savin' our own skin ya know!"

"It's been a pleasure serving you, your highness" Discord added with a mischievous smirk.

"I for one, never was a villain. I was merely doing what I thought the Mantle demanded. As it turns out, I may have been... delusional... from my encounter with the Flood." Didact declared with a displeased scowl.

"It was a pleasure, receiving the opportunity to crush and break the spirits of such powerful, proud beings." Voldermort said.

"The sound my sword made, cleaving through the armor of those creatures was like a sweet melody. I have not seen such glorious bloodshed in over five hundred years! Jack of Blades giggled demonically.

"Yeah yea, blah blah. So we're villains turned heroes, so we killed a few big weirdos in armor, boring. What do we get? Cash? Prestige? Ooh, I know! A princess?" Ice King said finally, giving Celestia a rather suggestive expression.

Celestia looked from the Mane Six, to Luna and the Librarian, to Didact, then onto Sheogorath and Discord, with an evil grin that could rival the latter's. She then looked at Ice King, Voldermort, and Jack, her eyes glowing white, her grin even wider.

"You three, get a sixty second head start to leave, no...run from my kingdom, before we start going after you."

The three villains were into their portals before anyone could even blink, not wishing to be turned into piles of ionized ash like so many of the unfortunate Precursors had. This sent the Daedric Prince of Madness and Discord into the most intense fit of laughter ever yet seen. The latter dropped to the floor, rolling around and clutching his stomach more wildly than ever.

Everypony joined in the laughter as well. Even the ever-stoic Didact now had a smirk on his face. This was a very major feat, given the stiff facial muscles that came with being a full-rate Warrior Servant.

This peaceful land, this world, seems to bring out the best in even those with the darkest of histories. Perhaps I could linger here... Didact mused.

After a while, everyone calmed down and re-assumed their business faces.

"Sheogorath and Discord, commendations aside, you are still threats to this land and our subjects. What say you?" Celestia inquired.

"Oh, pshaw. There is always another day for plenty of Chaos and mischief, wouldn't you say?" Discord said dismissively.

"Yeah, Quit your worryin, ma dear Tia. I at least, will not be botherin' ya much longer. I fear I have some pressing business back n' the Isles I have to attend to soon. And I imagine poor ol' Haskill, is fallin' apart without me." The Mad God gave a glance at everyone.

"But first, what about that party I've been hearin' so much about?"

Pinkie nearly blew the roof off the Palace. "PARTY!"

As the "Hurray for not being annihilated" party raged across the capital city of Canterlot, two Forerunners gathered on a balcony overlooking the Palace gardens, now ablaze with crazy revelers and festive music.

"It is a beautiful early morning, is not Didact?"

"Everything about this place is beautiful, Librarian. I've never seen anything like it."

"Indeed. It reminds me of Earth, when we went to gather samples for indexing. It has a, a pure unspoiled aura to it." The Lifeshaper sighed, looking at her estranged husband. "What will you do, now that our enemy has been destroyed forever?"

"My Prometheans await me back in our world, they call to me. But, I shall not answer them, I think. I am content to remain in this land for many an age. You had wished for me to meditate on my choices, let this be the place."

"You will finally accept them then, to make peace with our ancient foes?"

"Humans are still an overly emotional, young species. But I, at last, understand what you saw in them. I see it in the Ponies of this world as well. A capacity for anger, fear, and resentment true, but also a greater capacity for Good. A capacity for creating, imagining, compassion, and nobility. I was so blind to it when we last fought them. It is species like these that are our worlds' futures. They are destined to inherit our responsibilities, to ensure that the multi-verse remains pure, natural, and in balance."

Librarian smiled warmly at him. "Husband, you can't possibly fathom how much joy it brings to me to hear that."

Didact had a kind twinkle is his normally fierce eyes. "Shall we rejoin the celebrations my love?"

"Indeed. I wish to converse with the Princesses again." The Librarian answered. The two Forerunners linked arms, promenading back to the revelry, quietly chatting and reminiscing as they went.

***

"Oh, oh! Try another one!" Rainbow Dash laughed.

"Well, all right, although I don't see how it can get any funnier than that." Discord chuckled.

He snapped the digits of his paw and talon, causing the giant, abandoned Precursor ships in the sky to change shape into various odd faces with ridiculous expressions.

"...and now for the grand finale!" Discord declared, his face now an anxious grin. He squinted in concentration, and snapped his digits again.

The giant ships then detonated. They created titanic explosions of brilliant colors, better than any normal fireworks could achieve. The pieces in turn, exploded again in various patterns and sequences.This left the rainbow-maned pegasus completely speechless. Everypony present, including Sheogorath, oohed and awwwed at the spectacle in the sky.

The Princesses and the two Forerunners were chatting quietly at a secluded table nearby, a weeping willow tree hung over them. "Princess Celestia, Luna. The Didact has decided he wishes to remain in your land for a time, to learn about your ways and to meditate and collect himself. Do you approve of this?" The Librarian asked.

Luna and Celestia looked to each other, nodding. Luna spoke first.

"In light of recent occurrences, we greatly admire Didact's decisions and actions. We would be honored to have him as our newest student. Is that not right, my sister?"

"Indeed Luna. We agree there is much we can teach you Didact, and you have much you could teach us as well. We would be very honored to accommodate you." Celestia agreed.

"I appreciate the gesture, Princesses. I will endeavor to learn all the wisdom that is offered to me. If you wish, you may ask me about my people and our history to your hearts' content. I would be happy to impart my knowledge to you all as well." Didact nodded.

"Then its settled, you shall live and study here in Equestria, husband."

"What shall you do now, Librarian?" Celestia asked.

"I must return to ensure the continued progression of Humanity in our home dimension. I shall also regain contact with what remains of our own people. We shall all return some day to greet you, Didact."

"I look forward to it, Librarian."

The Librarian smiled at them sadly. "I'm afraid I must now take my leave of you all, for there is still much I need to do. Goodbye, everyone." The Lifeworker faded away, vanishing. Their conversations concluded, the trio then returned to the party.

As the early morning continued on, the intense revelry began to die down. Eventually, the Sun began to peak over the horizon. Dawn had arrived. In the now lit sky, the massive debris field had all but disappeared, being cleaned up and collected as it fell by squads of weather Pegasi. All of Equestria awoke and basked in the sunlight. It was going to be a beautiful, peaceful day, in not just Equestria, but many other worlds as well.