• Published 31st Jul 2013
  • 1,296 Views, 66 Comments

One Last Party: When Laughter Ends - Flaring Dawn



When the laughter of a group of friends ceases to be, a journal found explains the thoughts of the happy-go-lucky pink mare.

  • ...
4
 66
 1,296

Final Entry: The one I Love

Final Entry:

Umm... Journal you have to promise to keep this a secret okay? I already don't want to tell you... I.. Am a fillyfooler... THERE I SAID IT!! Only because it's the truth I have been having strange feelings around one of my friends as of late. It's like, I can't quite explain it right at the moment... It's just...Wonderful. Happiness is something I know, trust me I know happy!! THIS kind of happy don't seem natural. Hey who am I kidding she probably don't like me that way anyway... She's the kind of pony who would make fun of fillyfoolers... Let alone be one... One minute journal I am quite hungry...


Okay I am back... Did ya miss me huh? Did ya!? Did ya!? Okay all jokes aside, back to what I was writing about... My secret crush on a mare... Maaaan that sound very weird; but I am not just going to tell you who it is... Okay I will give you a hint.. . She can fly....

Dash thought for a second and set the journal down on the table. Her mind was swimming with thoughts. "Um... Did anypony know about this at all?" Dash said with a confused look on her face. Twilight shrugged her shoulders and thought for a moment.

"I-I can't think of her being a fillyfooler... This is definitely strange..." Twilight said with a puzzled look. AJ thought for a moment.

"Now wait.. She said she liked one of us... The first clue... 'She can fly' That narrows it down to Fluttershy or Dash..." AJ said with a grin. Both Dash and Shy blushed a deep red.

"Wa-Wait WHAT!?" Fluttershy yelled with a squeak, her face still red with embarrassment. Dash stood there speechless, her face still lit a bright red.

"Sh-sh-she Wh-wha--" Was all that came out of Dash's mouth. AJ picked up the book and chuckled. "I'll take over seeing as y'all are busy... Comprehending." AJ chuckled, only to be flipped off by Dash's wing.

"Right there farm mare..." Dash said smiling. AJ chuckled and continued to read.

Oh come on journal you still can't figure it out!? Man I thought you had it at the first clue!! Oh well... The second clue is... She is terrible at cooking!! Just kidding! She's great at it!!

Fluttershy blushed a deep red. "Oh-Oh my... Um-- c-coul-could she mean me?" She said with a stutter. AJ shrugged and continued to read.

Oh journal your sooo dumb sometimes!! Okay LAST hint... Her mane is a color of the brightest prism...

Dash tensed, sweat began to pour down her face. "Oh man...PRISM?!" Her heart began to beat faster than anything. AJ read the words that Dash feared and awaited.

Rainbow Dash... The mare of my dreams... If only she would give it a chance... I only hope when I ask her she will say yes... I hope so journal... I hope so... You see today Is Dashie's Birthday... A-and I want to get her something reaalllly special... I got her autographs from the Wonderbolts... Her dream is to be one, so I got her the next best thing... An entire day with them. Opps I got to go Wish me luck journal!!... JOURNAL ENTRY END: Time 9:44am

Dash started to tear up, her eyes clouded over with tears. "Sh-She loved me...." The only words to escape her mouth before she broke down and cried. Twilight rushed over to her, attempting to comfort her only to be pushed away by Dash. "LOOK AT THE BUCKING TIME TWI!! 9:44!! Two minutes before--She was killed..." Dash started to cry again only louder. Her friends surrounded her and frowned, their eyes also clouding with tears. Dash stood up and sighed. "I knew this would happen... Guys... I have to go... Thank you Twi... Thank you for letting me read that with you..." With that Dash left... Unknowing to her friends, with the journal in hand. Twilight sighed as her friend's all began to leave. Fluttershy was the only pony remaining in the room.

"Twi..." She asked shyly. Twilight looked at her friend. "What is it shy?"

"Will we ever see her again?" Twilight swallowed hard and spoke up. "Yes Shy... I promise we will see Pinkie again..." With that Shy hugged Twi for a long time and smiled. "Thank you for being such a good friend..." With that she left the library and flew off to her cottage, leaving Twilight alone once again in the dark Library. Twilight wrote a note to the Princess telling her they were done with the journal, and just as she was about to have Spike send it she noticed the journal was gone. She sighed. "Dashie..." She rewrote the note telling Celestia where it would be and sat in her bed, tears still falling from their prison.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Rainbow Dash sadly walked to the Yard of Heroes, the journal tucked under her wing. She found Pinkie's grave and sighed. With a heavy heart she set the journal down by the grave and smiled. "Pinkie... Oh Pinkie... I love you too... I will always love you... Th-The others don't know yet, so... If you tell anypony I'm gonna deny it... I-I liked you as well..." Tears begin to fall from her eyes. "I-I don't know why or how.. But I love you Pinkie!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE COME BACK!! PLEASE!!" Dash grasped the headstone and sobbed uncontrollably. Her tears fell to the ground like a torrent of rain. "Please..." She whispers the word over and over until she collapses on the ground. She hears hoof steps from behind her. "Whoever it is please go the buck away..." Dash said. A chuckle comes from behind her.

"Oh Rainbow Dash... I forget how stubborn my favorite Element can be..." A voice said. Dash recognized it as Princess Celestia. Dash shot up, attempting to hide her sorrow. "Oh... Um.. Hey Princess..." Dash bows only to fall and start sobbing. "DAMN IT!!" She punches the ground and Celestia places a hoof on her shoulder. Dash looked up to the Princess with sad eyes. "It's not fair Princess...It's just not fair...." Dash said as she cried. Celestia weakly smiled and spoke. "Rainbow... Would Pinkie want to see this? She loved you and only wants you to be as happy as can be.... I know it's hard... Trust me I know...." Dash sighed. "Does it ever get any easier?" Celestia frowned. "No...Never...It never gets any easier losing somepony you cared for so dearly, and I am sure that is what Pinkie is thinking right now as she looks down on us... The pain will diminish my dear... But the scars will forever remain in ones heart, our job is to cope with the scars and move on. Pinkie would want that..." Celestia smiled and hugged Dash. "I got to go... Remember what I said, Oh and... Maybe you should put that somewhere safe where it won't get ruined, hmm?" Celestia said pointing to the journal. Dash nodded. "Princess... Thank you..." The Princess nodded and flew off. Rainbow Dash was now all alone with her memories at her hooves. Dash smiled and looked down at the grave.

"Pinkie...I hope you know... I will never forget you... You made the bad days good and the good days awesome... I love you Pinkie, and even though it hurts to say goodbye for now, I must remember... Goodbye is never forever, It's just waiting for the chance to say hello again." Dash knelt beside the gravestone and placed the journal safely on the grave and kissed it. "See ya later Pinks... In the biggest party in the sky..."

THE END

Author's Note:

finally it's done!! it's finally done!! thank you all for the love and support!! I shall work on my next fic soon!!

Comments ( 19 )

your welcome for the love and support

3051004 I finally finished this one!! I am so happy with how it turned out, thank you and everypony for everything *hugs you all tightly*

3051025 yeah and I am so happy with how it turned out to and your welcome and *hugs you tightly back*

3051036 im glad you liked it :twilightsmile: im currently working on my twijack story...

3051282 yeah and remember i give you that idea for the twijack story

3051299 I know ill be sure to say it in the authors note :twilightsmile:

Awwww! This story brought tears to my eyes. I loved it.

How did I not see this comming....:facehoof: Still, it was good

Wow SO UNPREDICTABLE.good book.:pinkiehappy:

Sweet and sad at the same time. I really liked it! :twilightsmile:
I think you did the conflicts between Rainbow Dash and Twilight very well.

3165245 thank you very much :pinkiehappy:

Good story! I can feel the feels

But why is it listed in the MLP: Motherhood is Magical group... Cuz thats where I found it.

My goodness the feels :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: just uh :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Good story by the way

4377523 thanks that means a lot :pinkiehappy:

Aaaand, role credits. I really think Pinkie would love this song:

This story was kind of dull.

9376323
sorry you felt that way ^^ ill try better on my next story

Login or register to comment