• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 873 Views, 62 Comments

Pinkie Pie Buys Lettuce - Luz



Pinkie Pie goes to the Ponyville local market to buy some simple lettuce leaves. What could possibly go wrong?

  • ...
8
 62
 873

Lettuce erryday

It was a calm day in Ponyville, just like any other day. The sweet sound of birds chirping could be heard in the distance, hooves clopping on the dirt road could be heard as well, disturbing the melody of nature. It was a mildly hot day, the citizens of Ponyville guarding their heads with anything they could find in order to prevent coat damage. Most had no idea just how difficult it was to get discoloration out of a coat! The sun’s rays were beaming through a nearby pearlescent window, illuminating the whole room. Meanwhile, a certain pink maned pony was trying to sleep during the beautiful day Princess Celestia brought upon her subjects. . To her bad luck, it was a Saturday, the day in which all of the ponies should be slacking off in their homes, not disturbing anypony’s sleep.

To her subsequent bad luck, a hard-to-recognize voice was already ringing in her ears.

“Pinkie Pie! Get up, sweetie! We need you downstairs!” A certain mare’s voice resonated over the room.

In a quick motion, Pinkie Pie hauled herself down from her pink, fluffy bed. “Commiiing!” she said, trying to hide a hoarse voice to emulate from her vocal cords.

What could Mrs. Cake possibly want at this hour? Oooh! I know, she probably wants help with her home delivery orders! Just like last time, wheee! Or maybe she wants help with her super super super secret project! Ooor maybe she wants me to take care of the foals! This day is going to be so fun!

Pinkie Pie proceeded to open the velvety door just in front of her, her body full of joy and happiness, and her little crazy mind in constant lightheartedness. Always hoping for the best, she hopped down the staircase, trying to not trip on anything in her way. Luckily the staircases were just as big as her, so she didn’t get mutilated or anything.

“Pinkie sweetie, you’re finally here!” alleged a certain blue mare. “We’ve been waiting for you forever, what has taken you so long?”

“Oh, nothing, Mrs. Cake; it was just an itsy bitsy delay in the little filly’s room! Nothing bad at all...right?” replied Pinkie in a rather exuberant manner, posing a fake smile upon both of the Cakes.

“She’s totally not lying, darling. Just look at her smile. . . not full lies,” whispered Mr. Cake to his lovely wife.

“Oh little angel, don’t worry that much. . . it’s Pinkie who we’re talking about,” replied Mrs. Cake, with a frown on her face.

“Oooh, secrets! I love them! What were you two talking about? I want to know! I pinkie promise not to tell anypony!” Pinkie Pie bursted from her ‘bubble’, taking the Cakes by surprise. “Oooh, I know! They were probably some daarrkkk secrets, right? Nopony knows what happened to Berry Punch still. No, no, they were probably the secrets to all the wonderful recipes Mrs. Cake has, right Mr. Ca-” Pinkie got suddenly interrupted by a light brilliant amber hoof, muffling her speech.

“Mmph!~” Pinkie’s muffled voice could be heard.

“Pinkie, sugar, that’s not the reason we called you down here,” said Mr. Cake removing his hoof from Pinkie’s mouth.

“What is it, then? Do I need to make new orders for customers? Or do I need to make more cupcakes for the storage room?” asked the pink pony with excitement running through her veins.

With no time to think, both of the Cakes took a deep breath and at the same time they announced, “Princess Luna is coming to visit Sugarcube Corner after she got recommended by Princess Celestia herself and we need to get a lot of preparations ready but don’t worry because we’ll take care of the food assortments and decorations but we need you to get us something really important to complete everything!” Both Mr. and Mrs. Cake gasped, desperately searching for air to fill their exhausted lungs. “That’s pretty much it, sugar,” continued the seemingly old stallion.

“Huh... that’s it?! Oh, you little silly ponies; I could do that in an instant! I always have my ‘lil old party cannon! It could get all of tho-” The fluffy-maned pony got interrupted a second time, this time with a rather upset expression from the Cakes.

“No, sweetie, you already know what happened last time you used that thing, it is dangerous for the foals and the house itself. You should already know this, Pinkie.”

“Awww, what? But I wanted to do the decorations myself! Come on, Mrs.Cake! Can I do it, pleeeaaaaasseee?!” The party master pleaded, trying to change her landlords’ opinions with her own wants.

“No buts, Pinkie Pie. As we said, we’re going to take care of the decorations ourselves; you just need to go find a simple ingredient we need for a salad. Princess Celestia informed us that her sister Luna was a salad enthusiast, and that one of her most prefered foods is the famous Ceasar Salad,” replied Mrs. Cake.

“We already have all of the ingredients. . . but we need one of the most important items: Lettuce,” continued Mr. Cake, trying to add more seriousness to his statement.

“So...” Moving her front hooves in various directions, Pinkie said, “You guys want me to go buy a lettuce head for the ceasar salad that Princess Luna is going to eat in exactly 3 hours. . . plus one, carry the two, minus three. . . exactly 3 hours.”

“Yes,” the pair answered in unison.

“Is there a specific type of lettuce I should buy, or-”

“Just go buy some lettuce, please!”

With a salute that would impress some of the Royal Guard brass, Pinkie stood straight and grinned, “Yes sir! One head of lettuce of any kind, on the double!”

With the enthusiasm of one thousand ponies, the pink party pony made her way to the shop’s exit, just right in front of her. Opening the ornamented gate, she started to hum a familiar tune.

Just at the exact moment the door closed, both of the Cakes looked at each other with a blank expression on their faces. “She forgot her wallet… again.” Both of them sighed, and proceeded to follow the pink pony’s tracks.

Outside of the sugary building, Pinkie Pie couldn’t be found anywhere. The Cakes searched everywhere for her, but found no trace of the pink pony.

“Come on everypony, smile smile smile!~” the fluffy-maned pony started to sing, totally not paying attention to where she was going. She trailed off to some kind of intersection, with no clue where she was.

“P-Pinkie Pie! You forgot your wallet!” shouted Mr. Cake, “Ugh, how could she have even forgotten her wallet?!” continued the light amber colored stallion.

“She will not hear you, dear,” Mrs. Cake explained to her husband, with a weary look on her face.

“I know that; this is the second time this has happened to her… and the last time this happened resulted in a complete chaos.” Mr. Cake winced, remembering last week’s disastrous events.

“Oh, come on dear; it can’t be that bad this time, right? I just h-hope that nothing explodes this time. . .” Mrs. Cake concluded.

Comments ( 62 )

WAT

also i noticed sum erors

Add this to some groups breh.

I cri errytime I reed

The title of this story is misleading.

Dis gon be good. Like and fave. :pinkiehappy:

Luz

3237771 Where? :moustache:

3237793 I did. Thanks for reminding me.

3237826
i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/383/372/b1d.jpg

3237850 How so?

3237988 Thanks for your input :twilightsmile:

3238033 She never actually buys lettuce. But, now I see that it is marked incomplete.

Luz

3238074

Yeah, that'll be revealed in the future chapters :twistnerd:

Pretty good. My only problem is when you refer to ponies as "the pink pony" or "the fluffy maned pony" past their first appearance. We know their names, so use their names. Other than that, it's a good start.

3238221
Isn't that called Lavender Unicorn Syndrome?

Well at least its better that your 2 other fics but the sniper fic was ok

Luz

3238221

We'll try and fix that whenever we update it in the future. Thanks.

3239013

What sniper fic?

3239120

Oh God what have I done.

3239131

they one that YOU wrote by YOURSELF that YOU deleted

Luz

3239284

Evidence of that? :duck:

Comment posted by Luz deleted Oct 23rd, 2013
Comment posted by CyberCommand deleted Sep 22nd, 2013
Comment posted by Luz deleted Sep 24th, 2013
Comment posted by CyberCommand deleted Sep 22nd, 2013

FOOLS! You don't just use 'any kind' of lettuces in a Caesar salad! YOU USE ROMAINE!

Look down. What do you see? Deleted comments if front of me. Not one two or three. But several more than there need be. You called me a Dawn. Are you a fawn? You seem to be a hypocrite in front of me.

Luz

4262590

Who are you again?

To start with, you don't even know the contents of such comments, so I had them deleted anyways. They weren't neither criticism nor hate, just mere stupidity. And to be honest, their contents is none of your business. And to be a hypocrite, I'd need to have my entire comment page deleted, seeing as Felix Dawn usually did that. Check up.

4262834 I am the lost star. Enveloped by darkness. Even then when comments left me they were the same. My stories were not some game. Though you felt you could attack them in vain.

Luz

4262946

Alright. That's cool. If you excuse me, I'm just going to go over there and work on a story of mine. Ta-ta

Luz

4691625

You just reminded me that I have to update this thing some day

Thanks :moustache:

4691660
Oh hai! The story is incomplete! Never noticed that before...

Huh...

Luz

4691663

Just one more chapter though :rainbowkiss:

4691667
Fast reply? WAHT IS THIS MADNESS?! IMPOSSIBRU!

Yeah

This story is going to be great :trollestia:

Luz

4691670

More explosions and Pinkie being random :pinkiecrazy:

4691672
Pink yeah!

Explosions, abs, guns and MORE EXPLOSIONS!

Luz

4691673

And lettuce of course :raritywink:

4691677
With asbestos and day old radiation waste!

Gotta love the molecular raping chemicals amirite>?

Luz

4691680

I'mma have to think about that.

Radiation... huh, pretty nice idea.

4691688
What if the reason Pinkie was so different from her family was because her parents contrived her near a high radiation zone... like an anomaly!

Luz

4691693

Nah, it's probably because something hit her in her childhood (besides that one thing depicted in one episode.)

4691696
But what would explain her bright coloring? HOLY FUCK!! My head just smashed a light bulb! :(

She dyed herself pink because teenage hormones in Ponies do the inverse effect on them compared to humans! We dye ourselves black! They dye their selves pink and other bright colors!

It explains it all!

Luz

4691704

Or she just got high on candies too many times.

4691745
Her pigments changed due to the brightly colored sweets? Seems legit.

Luz

4691748

Too much candy canes.
extra extra mint flavored

Comment posted by Insidiaphilia deleted Jul 14th, 2014

4691759
Btw did I get the CYAGD correct?

Luz

4691765

Uh, not sure if this place would be appropriate for this kind of thing.

4691772
Oh well just me. This site has no standards :)

4691809
Oh well, I have to go to bed anyways over here it's 4:00 AM and I have a Doctor's appointment tomorrow

Don't bother replying to the comment.

Luz

4691814

Good luck on that appointment :rainbowkiss:
I reply on wat I want :rainbowwild:

4691822
Btw I technically mean't that morning if you think about it...

Anyways y u reply?!

Login or register to comment