• Published 12th Aug 2013
  • 28,082 Views, 4,135 Comments

Dan Vs. The Magic of Friendship(Season 1) - Barrobroadcaster



The story of a man named Dan and all his friends in Equestria.

  • ...
100
 4,135
 28,082

PreviousChapters Next
A Prince of Equestria

"Sweetā€¦ Celestia," Cadence muttered.

Shining Armor stared in disbelief at the enemy ship, jaw agape. "It's the Reliant. It's actually the Reliant."

Dan turned around. "Is that bad?"

Cady and Shiny both nodded. "Very bad."

He turned back to the fire control station for the ion cannon. The console's screens displayed red warnings- critical ion feedback, fire control offline, system error, contact administrator, insert coin. Dan had no idea what half of them meant, but he knew they meant the big gun wasn't working. He hit the fire button again to no success.

"Okayā€¦ Plan B."

"I thought we were on Plan Bā€¦" Twilight commented.

Chrys raised her hoof. "Was crashing into the outhouse plan-"

Dan snapped his fingers. "Shield the house! Shield the house! Plan B is shield the house!! NOW!!"

"FIRE!!!"

The U Mad Bro/Reliant's phaser banks opened fire. Six red beams of crimson heat and multi-phased comprehensive EM-band light energy lanced at the treehouse. Four beams came from the top of the ship while two larger ones came from the ship's painted-on mouth underneath. The beams burnt the air, racing toward the target in a flash of red.

The beams struck a shield and exploded mere feet from its target. The treehouse was enveloped in a magical barrier of pink and blue- the combined spells of Cadence and Shining Armor. Even as the shield absorbed the beams' energy, it began to bulge and waiver like a balloon squeezed at the side.

Inside the house, Cadence and Shining held each other tightly, heads over each others' shoulders, horns glowing and faces strained.

"It'sā€¦. it's a lot," Shining groaned.

"Can you hold it?" Dan asked.

"Notā€¦ not for long," Cadence said, panting.

"Let me help!" Twilight called. She grabbed her brother and former foal sitter, embracing them and adding her magic to their own. A purple shield was added to the red and blue, restoring the strength of the barrier around the house.

But the red beams did not relent.

"Overcharge all phaser banks!"

The six beams widened, going from thin and precise needles to massive, blunt rays the size of Blueblood's chariot. Crimson-white light illuminated what was left of Ponyville and even incinerated the grass nearby. The air became hot inside the library and smelled strongly of ozone.

Twilight groaned, all three of the magical defenders strained under the brunt of the energy assault. They held each other tightly. "It'sā€¦ it's still too much!" Twilight said.

"Dan!" Shining yelled, "This isn't working! We have to find a way to stop them- now!"

"Hold on, Twilight, hold on!!" Cadence held her sister tight. She held her back, their eyes closed too tight to even see each other, they clutched each others shoulders as their horns glowed.

"Uhhhā€¦ uhhā€¦" Dan stammered, thinking. He pulled out his cell phone.

"Dan, what are you doing?!" Spike asked, his voice a shrill cry.

"I'm calling customer service."

Chrys walked up to the human. "How's this for service?" She pushed his arms aside and kissed him deeply. They locked lips, Dan's eyes went wide. The phone dropped to the floor along with every jaw in the room.

Finally, Chrys broke the kiss. "Thanks," she said, and patted him on the shoulder.

"Daā€¦ bahā€¦ gabaā€¦ Stoā€¦ Voā€¦ Korā€¦"

Spike faceclawed. "Great job, Chrys. You broke him."

"Just needed a boost," she said, winking at the small dragon. She then joined Twilight, Cadence and Shining, holding them and adding her power to their own.

"Aā€¦ a boost?" Dan asked. "That was for a boost? Because I thought-"

"Dan!" Spike yelled, cutting the shipping short, "We have to defend the library!"

"Right, Nicky, we have to do something to help them with the shield!"

"How can WE help them with the shield?" Phoenix asked.

"Use your magic rock!" Dan yelled, monkeying with the ion cannon console alongside Spike.

"Magic rock- my magatama?"

"Yes! Use the magic rock!"

"It's a magatama! It doesn't work like that!" the lawyer yelled. (And I would've used it for that a long time ago if it did!)

"Use it anyway!"

"What do you want me to do?! Make sure that Gust isn't hiding anything when he vaporizes the house?!"

"DO SOMETHING, NICKY!"

"HOLD ON!" Phoenix walked over to the door and grabbed an umbrella from the stand. "I have an umbrella! There! I'm helping!"

"Nicky, how is that supposed to help?!"

"I. DON'T. KNOW," Phoenix said, under the umbrella. "I thought maybe I could do the thing you do and tape a bunch of mirrors or something to it to reflect the lasers, I DON'T KNOW! I'M DOING MY BEST!"

"Shut up, you three idiots and hug me!" Chrys yelled.

"How is that going to-"

"NOW!"

All three of them joined the group hug, grabbing the ponies. Fluffle detached from the ceiling as if on cue and landed on top of the hug. The power of their love amplified Chrys' power and for some reason added a fluffy fifth layer of energy to the shield. But most of the energy was channeled into Chrys' horn and it glowed brighter.

The Changeling Queen's shield increased the size and strength of the magical combined forcefield, dwarfing the overcharged phasers the cruiser fired at them. Finally, the two forces were even and repelled each other. Chrys' green shield caused the beams to split and ricochet, same back into the air perilously close to where they were fired from.

"Weapons, cease fire."

The U Mad Bro stopped firing.

"Oh, my Celestiaā€¦" Exhausted, the ponies, dragon and humans collapsed in a heap.

"I'm installing an energy shield to the house," Dan said, picking himself up. "Or ten."

"Iā€¦ fully support that idea," Twilight said, panting.

"I thinkā€¦ I think they upgraded it," Shining said, also panting. "Reliant never had that many lasers."

"Yeah," Cadence said, agreeing. "It had like two in the movie. Freaking hax."

"Hax, totally."

Blast Fuse and Blast Powder walked up to the group. "Okay guys, good news."

"And bad news."

"Good news: the ion cannon's almost fixed."

"Hoorayā€¦" the exhausted group rejoiced.

"Bad news: they're at like point-blank range."

The rest of the group looked up. The foreboding cruiser hung in the air like a menacing sea predator but for the moment, was not firing.

Shining looked up wearily. "Ifā€¦ if their phasers are recharging, we've got about ten seconds before they fire again."

"And the ion cannon's still not working," Twilight said.

"We're defenseless," Cadence said.

"And out of options," Spike added.

"We can't even call them to surrender," Phoenix stated.

"Thrppppppbrbbbbā€¦" Fluffle said, which meant, "We're in deep thppp."

Dan stood amidst his friends, staring at the view screen that displayed their ruthless enemy. The phaser banks on the ship already glowed again, warming up to fire. "Phoenix, umbrella."

Phoenix didn't even ask why Dan wanted it- he just handed it to him. Dan deployed it and stood under it as if awaiting for the roof to collapse on top of them. They all huddled around him under it. With him in the middle, they shared a final group hug.

"Dan?" Chrys said, looking up.

"Yeah?" he said, looking back at her.

"Iā€¦ I never told you thisā€¦" she stammered, trying to find the words. "I mean, this might seem kind of obvious to everyponyā€¦"

"Yeah," everypony else said unanimously.

"Butā€¦ seeing as we might not get another chanceā€¦"

"Yes, Chryssie? What is it?"

"I-"

"Fire."

The U Mad Bro opened fire. The red beams converged into a single, massive red bolt that arced towards the library.

*SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOWWWW* KRZZZZZZZZZTT!*

"What?!"

"What?!" the group asked. Something huge was on the display, standing between the cruiser and the library. A giant, golden hoof blocked the phasers.

"Avast, you scallywags!" the massive golden pony shouted at the starship. "You'll not plunder Ponyville while I'm around!"

Twilight stepped forward, unable to believe it with her eyes. "Blueblood?"

"Blueblood?" Gust Grasp asked, looking at the the golden Magic Gear in his bridge's view screen. "You've gotta be kidding me."

"That's Prince Blueblood to you, you honor-less heathens!" Blueblood declared from the cockpit of Magic Gear KING aka Kingsley.

"Way to go, Bloomers!" Dan shouted into the intercom system.

"Bluebloodā€¦ you saved us!" Phoenix said.

The golden mecha-colt turned around. "You may have been right about me, Mr. Wright. Maybe I am just a spoiled snobā€¦ maybe not. Let's find out, shall we?" it turned to face the U Mad Bro again. "I'll keep these ruffians occupied- you repair your cannon!"

"Right, let's fix the cannon!" Dan shouted. "Phoenix, toolbox! Fourth closet on the right!"

Twilight and Phoenix both turned around. "And that one isā€¦?"

Dan smiled at both of them. "You know what, I'll just show you. And bring the umbrella- we're gonna need it."

Gust Grasp leaned forward. The golden Magic Gear had a crown, its massive horn sticking out of it like a diamond spear. It shined in the sunlight, two blue eyes sparkling at it. He honestly found the flamboyant robot funny. "Hahahaā€¦ a very cute display, your highness but if you're done playing with your toys, I still have your little friends to destroy before I takeover your town."

The Magic Gear glared at him. "If you want them, you thieving miscreants, you'll have to go through me!" The massive gear reached down to its waste where Blueblood's golden podium-chariot was attached. The Gear grabbed the base and from the bottom of it pulled out a massive sword fit for a giant pony. Grasping it firmly in one hoof, it levied it up to the cruiser.

"Bfffahahahaha!" Gust burst out laughing. "A sword? Really? That's rich- richer than you can afford, I'm sure. Does that thing have a button on the back to make it karate chop, too?"

Blueblood stood firm. "Come closer and find out, sky marshal. If you dare."

"Hoho, I think I do more than dare, goldie" he pointed to his weapons officer and gestured at the screen. "Hey, waste that thing."

"Gotcha, marsh," the weapons griffon said with a grin.

The U Mad Bro unleashed all of its weapons on the Gear. Phasers, photon torpedoes, a few griffons that used mounted E-Web blasters on the side, everything was directed at Blueblood's robot pony. With expertise only an upbringing of fencing could afford, Blueblood deflected every last blast and projectile fired at him. His blade was a flurry of motion, cutting through the beams and torps. Not a single one got past him.

"You'll have to do better than that, fiend!" He charged forward in the Gear, thrusters on its back blaring and carrying it straight towards the ship. The cruiser fired, beams crossing and scorching the sky trying to lance at Blueblood but not a one even came close. Blade tucked in close, Magic Gear KING spun as it crossed the side of the U Mad Bro, slashing at the vessel's port side. The sound of metal clashing rang out as they passed.

For a moment, the two hung in the air, motionless. The port nacelle of the U Mad Bro/Reliant began to crack at the pylon, electricity and fire sparking from a gouge in the pylon connecting it to the ship. The nacelle exploded and broke off, crashing to the street below and shattering to pieces. The stub where the pylon was connected continued sparking as the ship began to list.

Gust looked at the damage to the ship, the missing pylon. "Really? Again? I call hax."

PreviousChapters Next