• Published 12th Aug 2013
  • 28,085 Views, 4,135 Comments

Dan Vs. The Magic of Friendship(Season 1) - Barrobroadcaster



The story of a man named Dan and all his friends in Equestria.

  • ...
100
 4,135
 28,085

PreviousChapters Next
To The Edge of Tomorrow

"So… are we going to fly there?" Lightning asked. "Teleport? Steal a Flutterbird? Should we start walking now or…?"

"I want you to fly there," Dan said, focused on the palace.

"Okay, and?"

"Make sure nothing gets out."

"Gets out…?" Lightning asked, confused.

Dan didn't look back at him. "Make sure NOTHING gets out until I say so." He turned to Phoenix. "Nicky, take the explosive material girls and start planting bombs on each of the Magic Gears."

Blast Fuse and Blast Powder's eyes lit up. "YES! Yes, we can do that!!"

Phoenix nodded. "We will indeed, just, calm it down, you two," he patted both the sisters.

"Oh, but-"

"Before we go," Fuse and Powder trotted over to Dan. The pegasus demolitionist pulled out a sack from her saddlebag and hooved it to Dan.

"What's this?" Dan asked, opening the bag.

"It's a bag fulla bombs!" Powder said, hopping.

Dan looked inside. "It IS a bag fulla bombs!"

"We know!" the sisters said simultaneously. "It's a bag fulla bombs!"

"It's a bag fulla bombs!" Dan repeated, giddy as a school colt. "Nicky, look! It's a bag fulla bombs!"

"Great," Phoenix said, forcing a smile. "Hearth's Warming came early."

Dan looked inside the bag. "Are these armed now?"

"Of course not, silly!" Fuse said.

"Bombs don't have arms. Duh," Powder added.

"But be careful not to drop it too hard."

"They will blow up if you're not gentle. Most of them at the same time."

"Most of them~" Fuse said with a wink.

Dan tied up the bag tight. "I understand but… what do you want me to do with them?"

The two sisters came right up to his face. "Throw 'em at somepony you don't like!" Powder exclaimed.

"Send 'em out with a bang!" Fuse remarked.

Dan hugged the two mares right then and there. "This is… one of the best gifts I've ever received! I love you, explodey ponies!"

They both kissed him. "We love ya, too, sugar bomb." They walked over to Phoenix Wright and began pulling him down the street with them.

"If you ever want to go two-for-two with Phoenix here, our door's always open!"

"Always!"

Dan waved at them. "I have no idea what that means! Thanks!"

"Thanks for remembering to get US something, too!!" Lightning yelled at the two mares. He turned to Dan. "We'll get going, too. We'll make sure nothing gets out of there, just don't blow the whole place up." He grabbed his brother and bolted into the distance, flying towards the Steel Palace.

"No promises," Dan said. That left him alone with the king of the empire, the former King Sombra.

"Vice Grip's going to know you're coming, Dan," Sam warned. "You could be walking right into a trap."

"I know," Dan replied. "But he's out of tricks. He's got nothing left to hide behind, no made-up laws or regulations, no bureaucracy to stand between me and giving him the pummeling he most sorely deserves."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that," Sam said, voice foreboding. "I was a villain, once. We always have something else up our sleeves, something hidden. I did… and it cost my people a millennium. Don't overlook the future, Dan."

Dan smirked. "Never do, Sammy. I'm always ready for anything."

"And how exactly have you managed that?"

"Simple." The human looked over to Sam and gave him a grin that made his time as Sombra look sane. "I always go prepared."

"Good luck… Mr. Dan," Sam said. He teleported out of sight.

"Right, now it's time to conquer the castle," Dan said to himself, now that he was completely alone. The impenetrable obelisk that had become the Steel Palace loomed ahead, ethereal light still pouring in from the halo in the clouds above it. It was both angelic and ominous at the same time, white light filtering down through a hole in the clouds onto the landscape of gray. The steel shined in some places but very few. The structure looked like a massive sword aimed to pierce the heavens. Whether that was intentional or not, Dan did not know or care.

Dan walked through the empty streets looking for a specific couple of stores. For some reason, he thought of Mr. Mumbles, his cat from Earth. After being evicted from his apartment, he'd given his feline friend to Chris to take care of while taking up residence in his car. He knew his friends would be okay but he still wondered about them from time to time. After this was over, maybe he would ask Twilight to summon them here so he could visit with them. And subsequently brag about how he had saved Equestria multiple times and knew the rulers of an alternate dimension and was a big hero to them. Modestly, honestly and without a single bit of embellishment, of course.

It didn't take him long to find what he was looking for: a chariot dealership and a segway shop, both within distance of one of the Crystal Empire's old jousting fields. He thought of his friends, all of them, both on Earth and Equestria as he worked to build something new, something that would help him free them.

In under five minutes, Dan had assembled his new method of liberation:

Custom Crystal Cruising Combat Conveyor
Dan's Chariot
The closest thing to Dan's car in Equestria
*available to be bedazzled*

Powered by as many combined segway motors as Dan could get his hands on and propelled on six crystal wheels, Dan's chariot was a vehicular juggernaut. Armed with two lances on either side, blazing headlights and painted red(because da red ones go fasta), the chariot even featured the word JERK emblazoned in the center of the front for all to see. Dan could control it by a carefully-juryrigged handlebar he placed in front of the driver's station.

"Now THIS is how you Segway!!!!" Dan revved the throttle and the chariot shot out of the garage and down the street. With so many batteries combined to power it, the chariot sped down the street faster than any other chariot had ever traveled in the Crystal Empire.

Unfortunately, the batteries lasted about the same amount of time it took Dan to build the chariot itself. The lights flickered and his new vehicle came to a rolling halt about halfway to the palace.

"Oh, for frig's sake!" Dan shook the handles of his powerless vehicle. He groaned, got out a hand crank and recharged the batteries manually.

It was difficult to tell time in the Crystal Empire with the constant cloud cover. Dan drove his chariot another block before it ran out of power again and he was forced to recharge it, then drive it again another block before disembarking yet again and recharging it. This process continued periodically in the timeless state of the Crystal Empire until Dan finally reached the palace.

My car. I'm having Twilight summon my car the first thing when we get back to the library. And Mr. Mumbles. But first, my car.

Dan walked up to the base of the Steel Palace. Unlike other places in the Crystal Empire which were regaining their crystal quality, the palace remained gray on closer inspection, the same steel color it had been when he first saw it. The Heartview Mall still occupied the space directly under it but the lights were off. The neon signs had gone out and even the doors looked somewhat faded and hollow. It was as if the entire building was a massive facade that had crumbled now that the ruse was foiled. Through the glass windows in front, Dan saw not a single light on.

As he approached, the doors in front of him opened, welcoming him to the darkness inside.

PreviousChapters Next