• Published 12th Aug 2013
  • 28,104 Views, 4,135 Comments

Dan Vs. The Magic of Friendship(Season 1) - Barrobroadcaster



The story of a man named Dan and all his friends in Equestria.

  • ...
100
 4,135
 28,104

PreviousChapters Next
Final: Judgement

Twilight heard the crackling of the lightning. She was compelled to go back and help Phoenix, but the rest of the unicorns and magic-users were still holding the line at the base of the mountain. She had to help Kent.

"I'm... I'm sorry," Kent muttered, which was pretty impressive for a guy that was just stabbed through the middle with an energy blade. "I fa... failed again. Taris and now... Equestria."

"You need to stop talking," Twilight said. Laying him down carefully on a beach towel, she removed part his torso armor, the two pieces, or what had become two pieces that had been melted in the center.

"I've got the first aid kit," Springer said. "But, uh, it's for... for ponies. I mean, it should still work, but-"

"It'll be fine," Twilight said. She removed the contents of the kit and began to treat the human as best she could. She didn't know how he hadn't passed out yet. "We need to get your armor off."

"Wait!" His gauntleted hand shot up and grabbed her hoof. "Y-you... c-c..."

Twilight shook her head. "You're hurt, we have to get your armor off to treat you. This isn't the time for some honor-code thing about not taking off your helmet, or-"

"N-no," he said. "I-I'm..."

"Oh," Springer said. "Your highness, I uh, I don't think he's wearing any clothes under the armor."

Kent nodded. "Y-yes."

"Oh," Twilight said. "That's, well, that's really not a big deal. But thanks for the heads-up," she added.

They treated him as best as they could, as fast as they could. With most of the medics still at the base of the mountain, they patched him up enough to last until they reached them.

Meanwhile, Twilight found the entrance. Of course, it was locked. It was also a metal door covered by a painted tarp that made it look like the mountainside. The Director loved her cartoony jokes. Twilight herself might've found it funny any other time. But with her magic still depleted, she couldn't open it.

"I'm gonna see if we have any explosives left. Maybe the Blasties didn't use them all," Springer said.

"Could we shoot the door open?" Twilight asked. "Do you have enough ammo-"

Kent handed her his lightsabers. "Use these. Point this part and this part away from you."

"Thank you."

He clutched his abdomen where he'd been stabbed. His breathing was heavy and strained. "I'm happy... I was able to do... so-something useful. You don't... need me here."

Twilight touched his hand. "We have you here. And we aren't losing you." She took the sabers and cut through the door.

The Battle of Prosperity Mountain, or just the Battle of Prosperity, was mostly over after that. Despite the odds, the royalist forces were able to defeat the armies of the dark past and the twisted future. Barro and Michael airlifted the critically-wounded, including Kent, to the hospital in Canterlot while the remaining royalists formed a perimeter around the entrance to the mountain base.

Twilight entered the mountain alone.


Phoenix and Arteem clashed. Sparks exploded where their swords collided. The two combatants slashed at each other, testing defenses before breaking apart again.

The Exile was toying with him, the way he'd toyed with Kent. Like the unicorns, the effort of controlling the floating lightsabers had left him a bit drained, so he was using just the one saber until he recuperated. Unlike the ponies and Jedi, Arteem fed on negative emotions like anger, hate and fear. It wouldn't be long before he was back to full strength in this climate.

"This isn't your kendo class, Nicky boy. And I can tell you're not much of a fencer."

Phoenix did not respond. He kept clashing with him, blocking his blows and slashing with his own attacks. (I got an A in Kendo, at least.)

"Alright, I suppose I'll have to switch things up a bit." Arteem suddenly got faster. His attacks became more coordinated without warning. Arteem swatted at him with a diagonal, overhead slash, a powerful one that took all of Phoenix's strength to block. But when he did, Arteem hit him with his elbow, smacking him across the chin before smacking him with his saber's hilt.

Phoenix staggered back. He had not experienced THAT in Kendo class. He tasted blood, but knew it was more of a superficial blow, something to throw him off his guard. It had worked. (Dirty fighting, really? Why is it you never expect dirty fighting with swords?)

"You need some more lessons, lawyer." He pointed his red blade at him.

Phoenix raised his own sword again, said nothing. Arteem was shorter than Phoenix but faster, and he was using it to his advantage. He made his profile small and held his saber slightly inward, bending his arm and holding the hilt in his palm. This made it so he could slash outward quickly, swipe at Phoenix while simultaneously luring him closer.

It was apparent immediately; Arteem was a master swordsman.

"Kick his ass, Nix!"

"I'm- it's, dah, uh- easier... easier said than done!!" Phoenix had to fend off a quick flurry of jabs while answering Rainbow Dash. Either enamored or out of a sense of caution, the ponies that stayed back to treat Kent and secure the perimeter were staying back, letting Phoenix engage Arteem alone.

Which was a fact he didn't really appreciate. "You know, you guys could help ou-OOOUUUT a-any time now!!"

"Right! Flank him!" Spitfire, Rainbow Dash and Springer took off and spun up their plasma rotors.

"No no no, let's keep this one-on-one," Arteem said. The other lightsabers rose from the ground, forcing the pegasi to abruptly reverse their flight.

The two men clashed again. With Arteem's swiftness, Phoenix was having to back-step to stay out of his reach. It didn't help that his metal sword was also considerably heavier than the dark exile's plasma blade. Red light reflected off Arteem's face, illuminating his malevolent grin. He was relishing every moment of it, drinking in Phoenix's fear.

And Phoenix was afraid. Cold sweat coated his hands, forcing him to grip tighter. It was another one of the countless things for his brain to juggle during the duel, not unlike being in a courtroom battle. The difference was that in court, he had time, all the time he needed until the judge's gavel came down, time to go over the evidence, to piece through testimonies and find the answers. Here, there was no time to think.

"AAHH!" One of the sabers behind him poked his upper arm.

"Oh, come on. I barely touched you." Arteem jabbed at him again, getting his elbow on his other arm.

"AAGGH!!" Phoenix gritted his teeth. His arms burned and it was getting hard to see.

Arteem shrugged. "I guess it's about time to finish this, isn't it? You're really not cut out for this." He gestured past Phoenix with his saber. "I'll take one of you flying ones next- the one in the middle."

"Oh, you're on, buddy!" Rainbow Dash shouted.

Arteem smiled. "Enthusiasm! I like that. You'll be fun to stab."

Phoenix gritted his teeth, gripped his sword tight. He would not give this douchebag the chance. "AAAAAHHHH!!" He charged the Dark Exile.

They clashed again. Their blades smacked into each other sending another shower of sparks cascading outward. Phoenix breathed heavily; it was taking all his strength to hold him in place. Arteem just grinned back at him.

"Phoenix... it's Phoenix, right? Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney?" Arteem asked. Phoenix didn't give him the satisfaction of an answer. "Justice is a nice concept to fight for. But everyone's got their own version of justice. Defending the innocent? Nicky boy, you can't even defend yourself. You're out of your element."

He panted. He felt his heels scraping against the ground. Arteem pressed against him hard with his blade. He couldn't match him with his strength. Phoenix just didn't have enough left.

"Justice is what the strong, the smart and the powerful decide it is. It's not blind or equal. It's not fair. Life isn't fair, is it? So why pretend it is? Why try making it fair? You can't protect everyone, Phoenix. You pick and you choose. You render your own judgment. Nothing is fair. Just fair to you.

Every word was making Phoenix angrier. He felt his hands trembling with rage, but also exhaustion. Still, rage surged through him. He put all his remaining strength into his right arm and shoulder.

"Your version of justice, Wright... it doesn't exist."

"I..."

"Yes?"

"I..."

"Yesssss?" Arteem was drinking it in. It was all just a game to him, so why wouldn't it be fun? He didn't realize, that there was something about games.

Phoenix pulled out a handgun from under his coat. "I object."

*BAM*
*BAM*
...
*BAM*

The floating lightsabers hit the ground. Arteem staggered backward. "I... I-gyehh..." He fell over, grabbing his stomach.

Fired at point-blank range, there was nothing Arteem could do to stop the bullets. Maybe if he hadn't been so distracted, he could've used the Force to deflect them. All of a sudden, his strength left him. He fell down to one knee, clutching his wounds.

"This... this isn't... this... this isn't..."

"Oh, just shut the fuck up." Phoenix shot him in the head.

The final shot hit Arteem in the forehead. He was blasted back onto his back, killed instantly. Was probably more merciful than letting him bleed out.

Phoenix holstered the gun again quickly. He didn't like guns. He also sheathed his sword, thinking some Gatorade right now would probably be really good. He turned back to Arteem's lifeless corpse.

"And for the record, that was probably more justice than you deserved. You... you piece of... uh, Sith. Or whatever." He turned back to the ponies. (Why is everyone looking at me?)

"Dang, Nix," Rainbow Dash said. "That was... brutal. Like... really, really brutal."

"I'm, well, I'm sorry you had to see-"

"No, no, it was awesome!" She rushed up to him. They high-fived, even down-lowed. The double-five, a rare gesture of comraderie and approval.

Springer took off her helmet. "Wow, Nick, that was... something. It was almost..."

"Yeah, it was..."

All the ponies were looking at him. His black hair was messy, he was dirty and his uniform and armor were torn, his body was singed and bruised. His muscles were still tensed from the action, from the rage.

"It's almost like you're... you're Dan," Rainbow Dash said.

And Phoenix had only one thing to say to that: "OBJECTION!! Anybody can act like that or, well, like Dan when they get that angry. And that desperate. Also, uh, Dan would've probably shot him a lot sooner than that." Phoenix Wright was still Phoenix Wright. He was just also Dan's best friend, so they tended to rub off on each other. No homo.

"He's right. I would have. And I'm not even in this scene. But good job, Nicky."

"Yeah, you're probably right," Rainbow said.

That was how Phoenix Wright defeated and executed Arteem Surik, ending the reign of the Dark Exile of KOTOR 2's dark side ending. Although very powerful, Arteem was still not invincible. Like Phoenix, he was a video game character, and had the ability to restore himself as avatars did to their primal state, primal reversion. But, an avatar could defeat another avatar, and Phoenix had done just that.

The pegasi and Barro helped airlift the wounded back to Canterlot's hospital. Phoenix and a few other royal guards followed Twilight into the depths of the mountain fortress.

When no one was looking, when all eyes had departed, a pair of shadowy figures emerged from the darkness. The dark figures grabbed Arteem's arms and dragged him into the shadows, what was left of him.

PreviousChapters Next