• Published 12th Aug 2013
  • 28,095 Views, 4,135 Comments

Dan Vs. The Magic of Friendship(Season 1) - Barrobroadcaster



The story of a man named Dan and all his friends in Equestria.

  • ...
100
 4,135
 28,095

PreviousChapters Next
Wrath: Polarity Shift

Magic didn't just flow into the cannon; it flowed into Twilight as well. In the center of the cannon's barrel, she was in a conduit of magical energy. Her senses were extended far beyond ranges she even imagined possible- she could feel the presence of vast uncharted star systems with her hooves, hear the wind blowing on distant worlds and see stars that had never been seen before.

It was almost an overwhelming experience, but magic was adaptive. Like many things, focus and concentration helped, and so the flow of information was not too much for her to take. Twilight Sparkle now saw space the way Luna saw things; space was not empty, it was full to the brim. So many swirling particles and energies propelled by cosmic forces throughout the stars, normal eyes simply couldn't see them. Carefully, she adjusted her own senses, like filters over a lens, until what she wanted to see became... clear.

Luna had been mapping space. Even a thousand years ago when the cannon was built, she had already begun searching the stars for a new planet in the event they needed it. Twilight could see the path Luna's chariot would take in her mind, escorting the cannon's pods full of ponies, creatures, plants and the supplies they needed as they explored the stars.

"Edenia..." The word escaped Twilight's lips but it had rung in her head first. Luna had named the planets.

"Zee-minus point-nine-zero."

"Got it!" Libra said. The donkeys of the New Baltimare Gun Club worked to adjust the cannon. Twilight understood now; she is selecting a target. Even though the cannon never launched projectiles outside Equestria's own solar system, and only launched a single manned capsule into orbit once, they were preparing to do much more.

"Adjust aperture on my mark!" Poshley said. Each donkey grabbed a single turnstile and gripped it tight. "Mark!"

The cannon above them rotated slightly. The cannon's aperture adjusted in response. In Twilight's head, the vision of Edenia became even more clear. Like a cannon and a camera.

"The cannon doesn't have the power to reach those coordinates... but the Spiral Staircase can get you started on your journey," Vintage said.

Trish nodded. "Princess Luna had a few planets scoped out for just such an occasion. The end of the world being the occasion, anyway."

"I need to see them all," Twilight said. "Show them all to me. We must find our new home. We must find what Luna found."

"Aye aye, your majesty!"

The cannon adjusted again. And again. And again. Magic painted a map of the cosmos in Twilight's mind. It was almost enough to lose yourself in, but she felt her heart still. It guided her, kept her anchored. She began to realize that there was more than one reason Luna had been searching for a new world.


"Ahh... haaa... haa... ohh." An exhausted Rarity finally climbed her way to the top of north tower again. "Whoever is making this... bizarre, ancient device move, could you please wait until AFTER we've finished cleaning it? Please?" No one was around to answer her.

As she pulled herself upright, she noticed the giant mechanical leg standing in front of her. And looked up to see what it was attached to.

"Your assistance would be appreciated," Magic Gear ALT said.

Rarity frowned. "I am taking a day off from generosity... after today." She began de-icing Phoenix and the team with a fire spell, a spell she was beyond tired of performing. But she did it anyway, for her friends, however long it would take, however much it took. She couldn't fight her own element.

Back on the outside of the cannon's housing, Dan was still frozen. He firmly believed his rage would sustain him through the cold and eventually melt the ice within just a few weeks. Unfortunately, he didn't have that time.

The Cogsdale Mk. 2 exchanged a volley of missiles with Magic Gear ALT. The giant pony mech could do little more than defend itself, being so precariously placed atop the cannon.

And then Eric landed on him.

"Agg!"

"RRRGG!" Dan growled. His frozen form fell back in the MTW's turret. The white-hooded figure of the strange proto-ganon stood up over him. Except... he wasn't quite the same. And he wasn't a 'he.'

"You again," Eric...a said.

"RRR-GGRRRGG-GRRR!"

"I do apologize for your predicament, friend," Erica said, in a tone that made Dan question whether she meant it or not. The swordswoman propped up Dan. She held up one of her swords and melted the ice off Dan's face. But didn't go below his neck.

"Ahhhh... ahh, that's better- hey! Why did you stop?"

"You will tell me how to drive this contraption back into the prison. Now."

"Why in the hell would you want to go back?"

"There's more locked up in this place than you could possibly realize," Erica said.

Dan shook his head. "I can realize quite a lot, thank you. Don't underestimate what I can realize."

She held up her sword again. "And if you don't help me get what I want, then I'll have to-" And then she exploded.

"AAAAHHH!" Dan was thrown back as the swordswoman burst into a wave of light in front of him. It was nearly blinding. Before Dan could ask what happened, Link... or Linkle, rolled by on her Spinner.

"WHAT WAS THAT? WHY WOULD YOU EVEN DO THAT?!" Dan yelled at the other swordswoman. Pony Linkle didn't say anything, because she wouldn't regardless of gender, and reloaded her crossbow.

"You almost hit ME with that thing! I could've done just fine without the- hey, wait, wait a minute! What are you- oh no, NO NO NO!"

Linkle set the arrow on fire, charged it up and fired it right at Dan. It exploded in a burst of red light, instantly melting the ice without doing harm to him.

"Ahh... ahh... okay. Okay, thanks, that was good. But seriously, you didn't need to EXPLODE Eric... a. Erica. Like that. RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE!" Dan yelled. But Linkle had already pulled out her ocarina again and began playing the Song of Time. A few notes later and she faded away again.

The swords Erica had dropped also faded. Whatever game those two were playing, Dan understood he wasn't able to do anything about it at the moment. At least he wasn't frozen any more.

He looked behind him. The metal exploding balls were still chasing him. Good. He steered the MTW towards the cannon, hoping Cap and Chris were ready with the magnet.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short update again. Difficult times, but getting through them slowly. Next update I hope to have the gang done with the cannon section.

PreviousChapters Next