• Published 12th Aug 2013
  • 28,104 Views, 4,135 Comments

Dan Vs. The Magic of Friendship(Season 1) - Barrobroadcaster



The story of a man named Dan and all his friends in Equestria.

  • ...
100
 4,135
 28,104

PreviousChapters Next
Rad: The Chapter Where Dan Actually Shoots Somebody

"Remarkably, there's only ONE Phoenix Wright and only one Dan, err..." Visor looked him over, "I'm sorry but what is your last name?"

"I'M GONNA GOUGE YOUR EYES OUT WITH MY TEETH!"

"Right," he took a sidearm from one of the Rocket Grunts. "But not everything unique is valuable. So while the doctor, the lawyer, the scientists and the soldiers are welcome to join, I have no need of jerks."

Ever-defiant, Captain America was the first to make a stand. "Well... you won't find any of those here. We're all jerks!"

"And what is this one on about?"

Chris joined him. "He's right. We've been following Dan this whole time. We may have come from different places but, this angry little guy has united us. We're with him now, like it or not."

"What he's saying is that none of us are going to join you. Ever," Colress said.

"Here, here!" Tux and Reginald added. "You, sir, are no gentleman! And true gentleman shall never join a cad the likes of you!"
"Reginald?"
"Yes sir?"
"Plan T, Reginald."
"Goodness... has it come to this, sir?"
"It has. Make ready."
"Yes sir."

"We're all with him, too!" Dollars yelled. "Even though I'm... well, we kinda just got here and we're not really with anybody... but we're with Dan now!" Even down on their knees, facing certain death, they were all defiant. They had learned from Dan to never submit, never give up, never surrender. It's probably the one thing he gave them above all others, the one lesson they learned from him. How to defy.

It made little difference to Visor, who just shook his head. "In what universe does that make sense?"

"This one!" The Doctor answered. "This moment, right here, right now! You think you have power over people? Just because you can commit murder and get away with it? Well, so what? You'll never get us to do what you want, not willingly, not now and not ever!"

The assassin pony came close to yawning. "Are you done? I mean, personally, I'm not into the cliche 'speech on the gallows'-routine, but some people will pay for that sort of thing. You're still valuable to me, Doctor, but the rest of your happy band?"

"And who exactly am I valuable to? Who would want to collect me?"

Visor got up. He replaced his glasses not with Writhe N. Payne's spectacles, but with a dark pair of sunglasses. "Like I said, you're not the only timelord. You're just a very rare one."

"Oh, you mean HIM. Great, that's another thing to look forward to."

"You're never going to sell anyone or anything. I'm going to kill you right now, I swear, you snide prick!" Dan snarled. "It doesn't matter who you are or what you say about people- eventually, you cross the wrong guy. And you just did, pal."

Visor loaded the gun with a fresh clip. "This is why we're not only slavers, herr Doctor. You'll come to see that, soon." He aimed the gun at Dan. "Some people just aren't worth the effort." And he fired.

"Dan!" Phoenix yelled. They all would've yelled something, would've shouted, would've even taken the bullet for Dan. But none of them could. Dan's friends could only watch as the cold-blooded killer shot him point-blank in the head.

To his credit, Dan stared death in the face and didn't flinch. He didn't even blink.

*Bang!*

He didn't have to.

"The fuck." Visor said. His bullet stopped in midair. So he fired again, several times. And each of his bullets were halted by an invisible force. A purplish aura appeared around them, holding them in place.

Visor sighed heavily. "Oh, great."

"You think you know everyone. Just because you can predict how they're going to react," a knowledgeable voice said. "You watch them, compare them, choose which ones you want, which ones you think are worth something and then discard the rest. And you think this gives you power over them."

From the side of the balcony, Twilight rose up. She levitated over all of them, drawing horror from the thugs, sheer gratitude from her friends and utter shock and bewilderment from all of them. And she brought friends.

Rarity rose up around with her, levitating by her own powerful magic. A very surprised but also happy Sendback rose alongside her, nodding even though he was upside down.

"Y'all didn't see this comin'."

"TWILIGHT!!" Dan jumped to his feet. "And WHERE have you- you know what? I don't even care. When you get down here, you are getting hugged young lady! ...Mostly by everybody else, but also by me! At least once!"

Twilight smiled. "It's good to see you too, Dan. And all of you."

"Missed you quite a bit, dear Twilight. Missed you quite a bit," Rarity said, teary-eyed. The fashionista was definitely owed a hug after having been gone for such a long time.

Visor spread his hooves wide. "This doesn't change anything, your highness. The GenoHaradan are adaptable and we've endured far worse than you. Karma, justice, whatever you call it- just words. All that matters is the person powerful enough to make them happen. We both know you don't have that power."

Twilight quirked an eyebrow. "Oh? And why not?" She lightly bobbed in the air, her horn glowing. Her wings weren't moving because she wasn't using them; Twilight was one-hundred percent using her magic right now. It was powerful enough to do just about anything.

"Dan, could you scooch me away from the idiot, please?" Phoneix asked. "Can't really move right now and I don't want to be near this dumbass." (Shit's about to go down.)

"I gotcha, Nicky."

"Alright then, go on. Kill the Team Rocket members. Kill all of us here. You'll only send a message to the rest of our agents hiding among your own people that they'll need to be cautious for a while. But they'll hide, they'll assume different identities. We're not like Rice, sister, we're the shadows. We exist as long as there is light," Visor said confidently.

Twilight considered her options. Then shrugged. "You're right. It wouldn't make much sense for me to kill you. I'd only be doing you a favor, I suppose, by telling you I'm somepony to be avoided."

"Uh, Twilight?" Cap asked.

"Your highness, if I may ask, where exactly are you going with this?" Tuxley also asked.

Twilight sighed. "We're going to have to live with people like you, Mr. Visor. People who may be pulling our strings, who may be lurking, who may always be watching us."

"Exactly," Visor said. "We're always watching."

She smiled. "Good. Because we've got a lot we want you to see." Burt Gummer's desert eagle rose from the side of the balcony, gripped by Twilight's magic. It hovered over to the center of the tower, aimed right at Visor. "Maybe I do want to send a message to you, to anyone who thinks they can mess with me or my friends and get away with it. And maybe I don't care if you think it's pointless."

Visor smirked uncomfortably. "You're not going to shoot me."

"I'm not," Twilight said. She tossed the gun to Dan. "He is."

In a single move, Dan rolled, caught a magazine for the gun thrown by Tuxley, loaded the handgun and stood. And then, Dan simply grinned. "Haha, I told you so." And he fired.

*Bam!*

And the bullet hit him square in the chest. His sunglasses flew off and cracked on the ground; the force of the blow knocked him backward, almost flying towards the balcony. His back hit it hard, nearly hard enough to knock him forward again.

Visor breathed, suddenly finding that a harder prospect than it should have been. A gunshot wound in the chest will do that, though, and he knew it. He propped himself up on the edge of the balcony with what little strength he had.

"Heh," he smiled, and turned to Cobalt. "See? I told you he'd make a good agent." He looked over to Dan and said, "Be seeing you."

Dan strode over quickly to finish him off. Still talking wasn't dead, and Dan was not one to leave things to chance. He wasn't one to leave things at all. But before he could, the assassin flipped himself over the wall.

Dan ran to the edge of the balcony, but it was too late. As quickly as he had appeared, the pony known as Visor was gone.

Author's Note:

Of course I would never really kill off Rarity or any of the other Mane 6. It's not a spoiler if it's painfully obvious from the start. Dan was very pleased with this chapter, mostly because he actually got to shoot somebody.

PreviousChapters Next