• Published 12th Aug 2013
  • 28,085 Views, 4,135 Comments

Dan Vs. The Magic of Friendship(Season 1) - Barrobroadcaster



The story of a man named Dan and all his friends in Equestria.

  • ...
100
 4,135
 28,085

PreviousChapters Next
Rad: Escape Strategy

Dan ran headlong through the wing, back into the museum, and did not look back to see if the others were following him. But they were, along with a steadily rising tide of water.

"This way! We're almost there!"

"How do you know that?"

"Because it says the gift shop is this way!" Dan shouted as he ran. "Museums always exit through the gift shop!"

And he was right.

"Yayyyy!"

But it was closed.

"Godsqueeing dammit with all the squeeing squee we have to squeeing go through EVERY SINGLE squeeING squee DAY!!!" Dan's profanity was so strong we brought back the squee censors just for this instance.

Phoenix examined the door. "Security's engaged. It's locked down tight."

"Dan darling, don't worry- I've got this," Rarity said. Horn glowing, she teleported.

*CLUNG* Right into the wall.

Eyes swirling, Rarity said, "I may not in fact have this."

"It's alright, Rarity. It's all right," Dan said, something approaching tears in his eyes. "I'm just so happy... so happy you actually remembered teleporting was an option. Everybody remember this; I know we're in a lot of danger right now, again, but really, this is a big moment."

Chris levied his rifle. "Get behind me, we'll try shooting it."

"No, Chris-"

"We're out of time, Dan!"

"No, I mean get the stormtroopers and all of you guys shoot it at once!" Dan yelled. "And Rarity can throw up a shield we can hide behind."

Chris withdrew the rifle. "Well, we have another problem with that."

"The Imperials are gone," Cap said. "The red haired girl is gone, too."

"What? Where did they go? Why would they just run off?" Dan asked.

"We WERE just fleeing from rapidly rising waters and the possibility of a giant shark encounter," Phoenix said. "They may have found another exit."

"Or they could be fish food," Dan pointed out.

"I... was trying to avoid that unpleasant thought." (Wouldn't wish that on anybody. Hmm... deadly, quick, grey, sharp teeth. Am I running from Franziska or the shark right now?)

"Er, gentlemen? And lady," Doctor Whooves said, looking down the stairs behind them, "we may want to decide our next course of action before we become the main course for that big, toothy guppy." The water level was steadily rising.

Dan rolled up his sleeves. "Alright, everybody, we're gonna all charge the door at the same time!"

"You're sure you wouldn't rather try knocking first? Has anyone tried simply knocking yet?" Whooves asked.

The sound of water splashing came from behind them. Wet sprint-steps; someone was running really fast towards them.

"Move! Move out of the way!" A man in hooded white robes and cloak ran up the stairway and weaved through them. Before Dan could stop him or even say anything, the man drew a sword. And with that sword, he cut a clean diagonal slice right at the door.

"Well... uh, that was a nice try, but-"

And then the door fell inwards. The white robed man turned around, looked at all of them, barely more than a quick glance and then faced forward again. He stepped over the fallen pieces of the door and quickly left.

"Hey! Uh, thanks!" Phoenix called after him. But the white robed man did not respond.

Rather than asking who he was, Dan asked the important question: "Where can I get a sword like that?"

"Didn't you and Twilight already get swords?" Phoenix asked.

"Those were more for show," Dan said. "I want a sword like that. Maybe they have one in the gift shop."

They didn't. Although they didn't have much time, they did give the museum gift shop a quick examination. And they found some surprising things anyway. Including-

"ME. AS A DOLL," Dan said. "AGAIN." Not an action figure, but a doll- Dan held up a small, stuffed, plush version of himself. There were pony dolls, even Spike and Tank plushies, but the Dan doll stood out among them.

Chris walked up behind Dan. "We lost the concessions stand snacks so Steve and I are stealing from the vending machines."

"Good. Steal me something decent."

"Right."

"Something with nuts!"

The doll was him right down to the pockets of his jeans. The only thing that wasn't the same were his shoes. Dan was still wearing the shoes he had from Earth, along with his other clothes, including his boxers. Whenever his clothes were damaged, he stopped by Rarity's and she repaired them free of charge. The doll's shoes were like Dan's, but were more rugged boots than those he wore.

Dan didn't think much of the differences in the doll. He ripped the head off it and yanked out the stuffing, searching for anything that might offer a clue as to why someone had turned his likeness into merchandise.

"Dan," Rarity said, "We found something."

On the other side of the store, Rarity, Tuxley, Doctor Whooves and Reginald were examining bottles. Bottles of the same pink liquid seen whenever weirdness popped up.

"More of the pink goop," Whooves said. "And it's not cheap, apparently."

"A single bottle is over a thousand bits," Reginald decried, checking the price tag.

"What is this crap? Does it say anywhere?"

"It says right on the bottle: Magic Gel. And it's a hair shampoo," Tuxley said.

"And combination conditioner and scalp moisturizer," Reginald added.

Dan picked up a bottle of the stuff. Clear plastic, stylized in the shape of a pony popping its head out of a vase, not unlike Knight had been in her ROOK mode. In fact, it was exactly like that. Behind the register of the shop were even toy Magic Gears.

"I did say I wanted a sample of this stuff," Dan said. He pocketed the bottle.

"There are some hairbrushes here, too," Rarity said. She touched one, turning it as it hung from a hanger. "Should we take anything else?"

Dan shook his head. "No, only useful stuff and what we can carry."

"Okay." They left the gift shop, following the only path out. They didn't realize at the time but the brushes had been another clue of sorts.

On the back of the hairbrushes was simple medal plate. Engraved in it was the shape of a mare they were all familiar with, and at the same time knew next to nothing about. She didn't go by that name anymore, but she was the only one among them who could be called queen. She wasn't with them now either, but in a way, she had never left them. Or rather, they had never left her.

More stairs but eventually, they made their way out. And they were all happy to reach the surface.

"We're out! finally," Dan exclaimed, relief filling his voice.

"Yes, out and into the cold again," the Doctor added.

"Not quite," Dan said. They were in the clock tower again, the basement of it below Appleloosa. Dan quickly ran up the wooden stairs and into the garage. Just as he hoped, the vehicles were still there.

"People! We have wheels."

"Shotgun!" Cap said.

Only they weren't quite alone. The white robed man with swords was there as well, attempting to break into a car.

"Having some car trouble?" Dan asked.

He looked over at them, a too-serious look on his face. He said nothing, but dismounted the car. The odd-looking Team Galactic car had a dome-shaped body, like a cartoony UFO. And it was locked.

"Let me guess," Dan said to the stranger, "your swords can cut through just about anything. But you can't cut through the car without turning it into swiss cheese in the process, can you?"

Dan's friends assembled behind him. The stranger stood in front of them, swords sheathed side-by-side on his back. For a moment, there was only silence between them.

The man opened his mouth, considered his words and then spoke. "You can get this vehicle working?"

Dan nodded slightly. "I've hot-wired a car or two in my day."

"So have I," Steve said.

"What's your name?"

"Eric," the man said without hesitation.

"Eric what?" Dan asked. And he received no answer.

Mysterious Stranger
Eric?
The Last Reborn

"Just Eric, then?"

"What's your name?" Eric asked.

"I'm Dan. This is my right-hand man Nicky. With us are Miss Rarity, Sir Tuxley, Sir Reginald, Stevie, Chris and uh... the Doc."

"I'm The Doctor," The Doctor introduced himself, sticking his hoof out for a shake. Eric did not accept the gesture. "Err... most people usually ask about that."

"I'm not most people," Eric said. "I would appreciate if one of you would unlock this vehicle."

Dan put his hands on his hips. "How 'bout this- who are you and what are you doing here?"

The human looked at all of them again. His eyes were still wary, as if he was ready to either run or fight at any given moment.

"My name is Eric Fyyar. My starship was shot down some time ago and I crash-landed on this planet. After that, I was captured," he explained. "I'm trying to leave, at this moment."

"Ah," Dan threw his thumb over his shoulder, "you with the Imperials? What's with the bathrobe?"

"I'm not with anyone," Eric said.

"Well, we can fix that. Would you like to come with us?"

"Dan,"
"Dan,"
"Dan,"
"Me," Dan said, acknowledging the three people who he already knew were about to advise him directly AGAINST doing what he was about to do, "and my friends are trying to get to the moon. We have to make a couple of stops first, but if you help us, I'm pretty sure we could help you get out of here."

Eric may have considered the idea of teaming up. Either way, Dan did it to see what he would do more than a desire to gain a new sword-wielding ally. The swordsman declined, and Dan and company ended up helping him anyway. They departed in three of Team Galactic's cars, not knowing a couple of the vehicles had really been Decepticons.

Dan drove one car, Cap the other, and together they headed to their next destination: the Equestrian Badlands. The sky above Appleloosa burned bright red and a beam struck the town. It was annihilated in a single flash of burning light as Dan and company sped away.

PreviousChapters Next