• Published 12th Aug 2013
  • 28,096 Views, 4,135 Comments

Dan Vs. The Magic of Friendship(Season 1) - Barrobroadcaster



The story of a man named Dan and all his friends in Equestria.

  • ...
100
 4,135
 28,096

PreviousChapters Next
Resort Finale: Vacation Over

The bomb sputtered and shut off, like a digital alarm clock being suddenly disconnected from a wall socket. In an almost slow-motion sense of fascination, Rice and his hostages stared at the bomb as it tumbled to the ground, splattered in down and broken pieces and the tiny Marker atop it snapped off, only to be eaten by Marksaline.

"Delicious."

Rice's mount hung half-open, his hands frozen as the sight of yet more stupidity ruining his plans dumbfounded him. He clicked his fingers, as if an answer was like a stream of water running across his metal palms. Finally, he managed to ask,
"The f*squee*."

A muffin answered him by hitting him in the face. It splattered across his muzzle, obscuring his vision in dough, lemon and poppy seeds. Everyone else's eyes rose immediately to the sky. Out of the abyss above descended a single, glorious sight. A veritable angle with a blonde mane, gray coat and a flank adorned by bubbles. With a serene radiance, the graceful form of Equestria's most- okay, you don't need all this. It was Derpy.

"You..." Rice said, wiping muffin from his face. "The mailmare."

"DERPY! You saved us! You beautiful postal pegasus, I could just-" Dan was cut off as Rice's rocket-fist smashed into his jaw.

Rice reached out with his gauntlet and grabbed Derpy. The mare resisted, teeth gritted as she struggled against his magic-techno-kinetic grip, but he was stronger. He pulled her towards him.

"I remember you," Rice said, looking her in the eyes, at least one of them. "When I first talked to Dan in Cloudsdale... you were there, weren't you? Yes... yes, it all makes sense now."

"I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but you go on ahead and think that," Chrys said.

"You've known my plans from the beginning, haven't you?" He wrapped his hand around Derpy's neck. She struggled against him. "You knew what my plans were. You must've mailed everyone about me, told them not to trust me. Of course, even with my brilliance, I had to have some things written down. You're the reason everyone supports Dan and not me," Rice said, chuckling to himself. "Aren't you, Cleo?"

The room fell eerily silent. Dan, Twilight, Phoenix Wright, Chrys, all their friends, they suddenly felt a collective dull thud in their chest. The Chamber of Elements instantly became very, very cold, as if light had never touched its gray walls.

But then Derpy simply looked back at him, her derp eyes derped the opposite way and she said, "Wut." Which is technically a question but for the sake of the internet's culture is posed as a statement.

"Don't you get it? SHE'S the Director," Rice said. "It would all make sense."

"First, no it wouldn't and second, you're an idiot," Dan said.

"And third, LET US GO!" Twilight added.

"Fine," Rice said, turning his attention back to Derpy. "You're just another useless pony blinded by your precious princess's lies. What's one more added to the collection?" He grinned as she squeezed his hands in futility. Rice raised his free gauntlet and turned it into a fist. "But you did destroy my bomb. So now, I'm just going to have to kill you all with my bare hands. Let's start with yo-" A muffin hit his gauntlet.

Rice pinched his eyes shut. "Again, I ask, what in the fu-" a muffin hit his face. Followed by a cupcake. Rice followed its trajectory to look over to a pile of rubble by the entrance. "Ah, Mr. and Mrs. Cake, why don't you come in? We do have plenty of room for all of-" A pie smacked him in the face, hard enough to almost knock him off balance.

"IT'S MY SISTERS!! Marble, Maud, Limestone, where have you guys been?!" Pinkie exclaimed.

Rice wiped the pie off his face. "Alright, I've had enough of the interlopers." He raised his gauntlets and plucked both the Pie sisters and the Cakes from their ambush points. "A worthy attempt, I must admit from both of you, but if you think either of you can beat me, you're sadly mis-" A donut hit his muzzle.

"Bake sale's on!" Pony Joe said, running behind one of the fallen columns.

"Bake sale!"
"Bayke sayal!" A pair of ponies yelled.

"The hell is going on?!" Rice roared.

"Bake sale!" Thunderlane chucked a pastry at him.
"Bake sale!" Cloud Chaser tossed a treat his way.

Derpy kicked off Rice and flew away. Another cake hit him in the face before he could reach out to grab her again.

"Bake Sale!" Cherry Jubilee threw a cherry tart at him. It smacked him in the air, covering the side of his face in delicious cherry filling.

"STOP ITTT!!" Rice shouted. The next three pastries- one thrown by Carrot Top, one thrown by Dew Drop and another by Honey Blossom were caught mid-air by Rice's levitation. "Alright, I've had about enough of this. The next pony to throw another baked good at me is going to-" Pinkie Pie tapped him on the shoulder. "WHAT?!" She pied him in the face.

"Technically, I didn't throw it at you," she said, squee-smiling.

Rice again wiped pie off his face. "YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE STUCK HELPLESS TO THE WALL!"

"Sorry! Sorry, I'll go back to being helpless now, sorry."

"How did you get down?! Did anyone see her?!" Rice asked, looking around helplessly. "Did anyone see how she even got down in the first pla-" Another pie. "ARRRRRGGGH!"

"I had an extra pie," Pinkie said.

"AAAAAAHHHH!!" Rice yelled. "THAT DOES IT! The pink one dies first!"

"I thought he had Pinkie Pie's pinkie-ness figured out," Phoenix remarked.

"Nicky, I have known since day one that this guy has literally nothing figured out. I'm pretty sure he has a Magic Gear tie his metal shoes for him," Dan said.

"I thought they were slip-ons," Phoenix said.

"THEY ARE SLIP-ONS YOU LEGAL DOLT!" Rice shouted. Pie. Muffin. Bagel, bagel, scone, bagel, scone, pie, muffins. "OW! Hey, that last one had a rock in it! I'm serious now, I'll kill the next pony that-" Muffin muffin muffin scone, truck load of cookies. Finally, somepony hit him in the groin with a fudge-covered ham.

Chrys looked over at Fluffle Puff, proud of her daughter. "Thank you, Fluffle sweetie. I know that must've been hard for you, but thank you for donating to the cause."

"Thbbbb-pbbbbbbbbt ppbbbbb ppppttt." Fluffle nodded, determined. "Thppp-thppp thbbb-thbbb-thppp." We must all make sacrifices in these difficult times to defeat evil. The power of the ham was needed, but rest assured as surely as I am with you now, so too shall I have ham again. Why is she so obsessed with ham?

Hey Richard.

Oh, hey Morgan. I mean, 'Mister Freeman.'

Morgan's fine, Richard, you're doing a great job. Patrick and I just wanted to tell you that.

Oh, well... thanks, guys. I really appreciate that.

It's not a problem. You wanna throw random crap at Vice Grip now?

I'd be delighted.

Rice was then hit by a hail of spongecake and the Twinkie described in the first Ghostbusters movie.

"Are those the freaking narrators?! That last one wasn't even from anything they were in!" Rice's blood was reaching a boil. Ponies from all over, random ponies, ponies that had just been townsponies part of the generic static backdrop up until now, ponies just in the background that hadn't even really interacted with Dan and the others, they all threw random things at Rice Puddinghead.

"ENOUGH!!!!!" Rice threw up his hands and projected a shield over himself. The Chamber of the Elements exploded as the walls collapsed, but the binds holding the captives to the stone were still in place. The walls might have fell but Rice's spells did not.

"I am more powerful than all of you. Through the might of my science, I have understood all there is to this world, its components, what makes it up. I am beyond all of you pathetic fools and your magic," Rice ranted. He stood over Dan, Twilight and Chrys, Phoenix, Fluffle and Spike, arrayed around him like the Elements. "There is NOTHING you can do to stand against me. I have divined all yours and the princesses' magic down to the very element! You cannot defeat me, any of you!"

"There's one thing you'll never understand," Twilight said.

"You're an idiot!" Dan yelled.

"And what is that?"

"You're an idiot!"

"Or rather... one person," Twilight said. And she looked over at Dan. "You'll never understand friendship... because you don't have any friends!"

"HIM? You think HE'S the answer to all of this? He can't even go chasing after his own neighbor without help from one of you!" Rice said.

A catapult launched a pie into the air. The guns from Gust's airships, manned by griffons and other ponies all fired at Rice. And they fired cake. Despite being shielded, even catching a few of them mid-flight, some made it through and splashed against his shield. He threw up his hands in defense.

"YES! YES!" Dan shouted. "I have no idea what they're doing, but keep doing it!"

Magic of every kind had its limits. Sometimes, it disobeyed those limits and sometimes it didn't. Against the onslaught of desserts, the bakery barrage, the sweet assault, Rice's shields could not hold up. First he was covered in fudge and cream and berry filling, then the shield collapsed and he struggled to block more. Before long, the dough rose to cover his waist in creamy confection.

"This doesn't make any sense!!" Rice yelled in protest.

The binds around Dan, Twilight, Phoenix, Spike, Fluffle and Chrys- around all of them faded.

"YES! Nicky, everyone, come on!"

"Dan, where are you going?"

"Back to the tank! We have to get back in and shoot him before-" Dan slipped on an errant pie.

"WHY ARE ALL OF YOU DOING THIS??!!!" Rice roared. "WHY? What do you see in HIM?! What does HE possibly have that I don't? He represents EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING you stand for! HOW CAN YOU CHOOSE HIM OVER ME??!!"

Twilight smiled. "He's our friend."

"THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!!"

She shrugged. "It doesn't have to."

"NOOOAAAUG-" And Rice was covered in goo. The rainstorm of baked goods covered the Chamber of Elements, flooded most of the courtyard and swamped the entire grounds until the Castle of Two Sisters looked weirdly like a sundae.

"Heh," Phoenix said, putting his hands on his hips. "Now that's what I call sweet revenge." He looked around, expecting an immediate rebuke from Dan. "Dan? Did you catch what I just said?"

"NICKY! GET OVER HERE AND HELP ME DIG!!" Atop the fudge, cream and dough pile, Dan was digging through it.

Twilight and Spike walked up to him. "Dan, what are you doing?"

"HELP ME DIG! I want to see the body!"

"I can't believe it," Chrys said. "All this time... and all we had to do was throw cake at him. Could've saved a lot of trouble." Fluffle Puff and the foodimals beside her saluted the ham. Somewhere, the Princess of Ham smiled down, thankful for their admiration. Its sacrifice would not be forgotten.

"Are we sure it's over?" Spike asked.

"It's never completely over," Twilight said. "But it is for now."

"I found it! I found him!!" Dan yelled. He pulled out a muffinized statue of Rice Puddinghead. "HE'S DEAD! HE'S FINALLY DEAD!!"

"Wow," Phoenix inspected the figure. "He's really dead."

"We did it! We did it! I did it!!" Dan exclaimed. Ponies cheered all around him.

"Good job, Dan," Twilight said, more relaxed than others. Honestly, she was just happy it was finally over.

"Rice is actually did," Chrys said.

"Thppp-thppp-thppp." And good riddance.

"HAHAHA! HAHAHA!"

Phoenix awkwardly smirked. "Okay, Dan, that's enough. Let's put the body down-"

"NO! I have to make sure!" Dan karate-chopped Rice's head off. "YES! He's dead! He's dead, he's dead, he's actually finally dead! Look at it!!"

"Alright, we can all see that now."

Dan bit into the headless muffin body of Rice, tearing chunks of it off and eating them aggressively in his mouth. Like an animal, he got bits of the former villain all over himself. "This... this is the happiest day of my life!"

It was crazy, but they all partly understood where he was coming from. Twilight and Phoenix and all Dan's friends gathered around him to hug him tight as he simultaneously wept and ate pieces of Rice.

And that was when Dustchu, our newest reporter(he got the job) came up to Dan with a microphone. "Well Dan, you beat the bad guy, saved Earth and Equestria from certain doom and you've saved all your friends. What are you going to do next?"

Dan grinned maniacally and said, "I'm going to Dansneyland!"

"I don't think there is such a place, Dan."

"THERE WILL BE SOON!"

And thus, began the exaggerated victory montage of Dan taking all his friends and the decapitated muffin-encrusted body of Rice on various rollercoasters, water slides and on that weird high spinning ride that always has an absurdly long line and isn't even really that exciting. They took pictures, Phoenix threw up, Dan even bought a new shirt that looked exactly like the same shirt he was already wearing except the word JERK was gold.

Eventually, Dan wrote the book How I Beat Vice Grip, Saved the World and Am Awesome. It went on to become a bestseller and was made into a movie, also written by Dan, in which he played himself. The part of Vice/Rice was played by Christoph Waltz. The part of Phoenix Wright was played by Will Powers.

"Why am I not playing myself?" Phoenix asked.

"Nicky, I'm sorry but... I've seen you act. And you can't."

"..."

The movie was so amazingly-well liked that it was nominated for every Academy Award ever awarded, plus all the previous awards ever awarded.

"And the Danny goes to... well, you already know where we're going with this. The award for Greatest Thing in the History of Ever goes to Dan for How I Beat Vice Grip, Saved the World and Am Awesome."

A surprised Dan sprung to his feet amid thunderous applause. Sporting a tuxedo emblazoned with the word JERK on the front in glitter, he hugged Chrys, Fluffle and Twilight at his side and gave Phoenix and Gust a bro-hug each. Ponies and actors we could afford to reference all stood and applauded Dan as he took to the stage and took the microphone from Barro.

"Thank you, oh thank you all, I hate you. I hate you all so much. I hate you, and I hate you, and I don't even know you guys in the back but I hate you very much. I hate your faces, I hate the way you're clapping for me right now. Yes, the clapping, I hate that, I really do. No, don't stop. I hate you, I just hate you all so much, thank you. You really, really love me and it means so very little to me but you're going to give me so much free stuff and I'm going to enjoy rubbing this in all your faces forever. Thank you," Dan said.

He pulled out a list that unfurled to the floor. "I'd like to thank everyone who made this possible. Me, of course. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me again. Me. Naturally, me. Now, the next people I want to thank are also all me- but *wrap-up music plays* No no no no, there's still so many people I have to thank! And they're all me! Yes, me! I'm responsible for all of this, It's me! I hate you all and I love you! I mean, me! I love me! Thank you!" He was dragged off the stage by Cap and Chris.

But in the back of the auditorium was someone who glared at him. Someone he didn't notice, that no one noticed or recognized.

Finally, Dan celebrated his victory in the Fun Cave with the love of his life. No, not himself, this time. Chrys.

"I love you so much, Chrys."

"I love you too, Dan," she said back, smiling. She then frowned when she noticed something. "Is that Rice's body?"

"Honey, I just want to try something."

"Get it out of the cave."

"It'll just take a minute-"

"Out. GET IT OUT."

And with that, they finally ended their vacation and set up to rebuilding Ponyville and Equestria with a lot more golden statues of Dan and monuments to his glory. Dan and all his friends lived happily ever after, the end.


Next time on Dan Vs. The Magic of Friendship, Dan and the gang are reveling in their glorious victory. Peace and prosperity return to Equestria, and all is-

"FOOOLS!!!" Rice vaporized the pile of fudge and dough. "Did any of you actually think you had a chance against me?!!" He shot beams from his fingers, red lasers that arced in and around buildings. They launched from his tips and exploded all around the Castle of the Two Sisters. In an instant, the entire castle was destroyed.

"All of you worthless pathetic ingrates!" He fired more. Beams exploded, blasting earth ponies and unicorns. Pegasi were shot from the sky and their clouds were ripped to pieces.

"He's alive!" Dan exclaimed. "Then what is..." He looked at the dough-encrusted form of Rice. It had been nothing but a dough-encrusted dummy.

Rice appeared behind Dan. "Do I have to remind you that I can teleport?" He pushed his palm against Dan's chest and the human shot backward through the air. He crashed through the rubble of the castle entrance and landed next to the Golden Oaks Library.

"Get the cake again! Load the cannons!" Dan yelled, getting up. The griffons did load their guns and fired at Rice, but he deftly dodged every shot with blinding speed.

"You never stood a chance." He vaporized all of the guns. Dan activated the library's defenses, but one by one, Rice vaporized them as well.

"Dan! Duck!" Phoenix came down the hill in the tank with Twilight, Spike, Chrys and Fluffle. They fired at Rice but of course, their shots had no effect. He held up a hand and the rounds just exploded off his shield. Rice returned fire, shooting a beam underneath the tank that took it up off its chassis. All five of Dan's core friends fell out of the tank as it tumbled to a stop by the library.

Rice walked up to them. "This used to be my house. This used to be my world. It was never yours," he told them. "You've only been living on the foundation of the false future built by the lie that buried the past."

"I hate you," Dan said.

"This can still be your future too, Rice," Twilight said.

He smiled at her. "Let me show you my idea of the future." He raised his hand at her. But instead of pointing, he simply snapped his fingers. And they were gone.

All the ponies, griffons, humans, they all disappeared. All their cakes and goodies and tanks and toys, all their weapons and ships and what they brought with them, it all disappeared. The Plasma Frigate vanished from the pond, the airships vanished from the grounds, the tank and the Golden Oaks Library vanished in a flash. They were all gone. Rice was alone.

The world was silent. The wind didn't blow but a whisper, the trees did not shake but a budge. Darkness fell across Equestria as night crept across the land. It became very cold indeed.

"Ha... hahahaha... ahhh, finally," he said, breathing a sigh of relief. He snapped his fingers and a lounge chair appeared. He sat down in it, put his feet up and placed his hands behind his head. "Alone at last. Now THIS is my idea of a vacation. Hahahahaha! HAHAHAHAHAH!!"


Nice time on Vice Vs. The Moronic Futility of Dan, everyone's favorite genius scientist finally reigns supreme as the star of the show and total ruler of Equestria.

"Oh no! We have been defeated by Rice Guy. All... All is lost."

"Woe is us."

Equestria finally embraces its destiny as Vice fulfills his ultimate dream: an Equestria under his total control!

"Whatever will we do now?"

"Gee, I don't know, Twilight. I guess we'll just give up."

In an episode that is totally not just the villain fulfilling his fantasy, Dan has been transported three months into the future where Rice's evil is law. I wonder where I've heard that before.

"I am no match for Rice and his undeniable... hey, I'm not reading any of this! THIS IS STILL MY SHOW! Hey, stop messing with the episode preview- we work hard on those!"

"Umm... can I object to this script?"

Next Saturday, the world you know is gone. Forever. Hahahaha!

"Wait, where's the next episode? HEY!"

"Dan, he's... oh no."

"HE DELETED THE NEXT EPISODE!"

"AAAAAHH!!"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!"

It's my show now, suckers! Episode 19: Rad Rice: Beyond Blunderdome- Dan Vs. Fallout Equestria. Get ready for the beginning of my new order on Vice Vs. The Moronic Futility of Dan!!

"I hate you so much."

Only on VIMVicegrip.net.

"That site's not real!"

Ha!

PreviousChapters Next