• Published 12th Aug 2013
  • 28,104 Views, 4,135 Comments

Dan Vs. The Magic of Friendship(Season 1) - Barrobroadcaster



The story of a man named Dan and all his friends in Equestria.

  • ...
100
 4,135
 28,104

PreviousChapters Next
Resort: Elemental Theory

Castle of The Two Sisters
15 minutes ago

The Castle of The Two Sisters, or just the Castle of Two, had been gutted for well over a thousand years now. Like most of Equestria's other castles, it had been divided into eight sections- one for each Element of Harmony and two wings flanking the core representing the sun and moon. The entrance represented laughter, the courtyard in the back of the castle was kindness, the living quarters were generosity, the kitchen and dining hall were honesty and the armory and barracks held loyalty. Magic was represented by the grand hall and connecting corridors, as well as the library in the upper chambers and the observatory on top.

The two wings and a few adjoining chambers were all that remained and even those, only just. The grand hall, throne room, entrance and upper levels of the castle had all been obliterated with just the stony corners remaining. Grass and other flora grew freely through the long-ruined floors with a sturdy new tree providing canopy in place of the ceiling in one corner. The tattered remains of tapestries and banners, all that remained of the magic in the past millennium, spoke of the faded glory of the once-proud castle.

"Remarkable," Tuxley said. "Reginald?"

"Yes sir?"

"We must document everything. Get samples, take pictures- we may need to make a few trips," the dinosaur started, almost salivating. He then noticed Twilight noticing him. "With her highness's permission, of course."

"It's fine, Tuxley. Might as well save what we can." She sighed. Spike knew the reason why.

"What's wrong, Twilight?" He asked anyway. She was slow to answer. "You're... wondering if we'll be doing the same to Canterlot."

"Hoping we'll be lucky enough to, to be honest," Twilight replied. Losing the heart of the kingdom was quite a blow. Tougher was the fact that there were less remains of Canterlot than the castle they were standing in right now. Still, it had been worth it. If Rice had abducted the town or gained access to some of the things inside Canterlot, it was likely he would have used them to terrorize the rest of Equestria or even made his way to Earth.

Canterlot Castle held many secrets, most of which were now stored in Gust's ring-shaped airships in Raiders of The Lost Ark-style boxes. Every castle in Equestria had dozens of secrets, even the abandoned ones. Powerful spells kept whatever was hidden in place, the exception being the Castle of Two which had been destroyed by a powerful spell and all within it destroyed. Or so Twilight thought.

"Bring any books to me that you find," Twilight instructed Tux and Reginald. "Even if they're ruined, even if there are pages missing, even pages you find lying around, gather anything important you find."

"We most certainly shall, your highness," the pair bowed.

"And don't think I haven't noticed you establishing yet another British colony on the lawn."

Tuxley and Reginald sulked. Being Brits, founding colonies was what they did. Travel to a place, set up a colony, establish trade, build civilization, grow empire, it was natural to them. It's in their blood, the same way establishing a Lawl-Mart with a Burgerphile inside it is natural to Americans. Yeah you might think that sounds offensive but try going somewhere where the temperature is 100+ in the daytime and tell me you wouldn't kill for air conditioning and a cheeseburger.

"It's just a little colony, your highness. I highly doubt anyone would even notice it wasn't here the whole time," Tuxley said.

"No buts. No more colonizing without my permission beforehand. Understand?"

"Yes, ma'am," the two bowed again.

"Would this be a bad time to mention we've already built a new Tesco?"

"Later, Reginald, later," Tux said.

Twilight and Spike traveled together through the ruined courtyard to the keep in the castle's rear to the north. The Chamber of the Elements was kept the castle's keep, the walls surrounding it more intact than the other walls. In Equestria, the keep of each castle was usually not used as a residence but more for the storage of important things. The only exception was Trottingham Palace, which was actually based on Windsor Castle and not Buckingham Palace.

Rainbow Dash and Daring Do were busy examining the fountain in the center of the courtyard. Covered in vines and grass growing through the base, it was nevertheless a piece of architecture that could speak volumes to the enlightened eye like Daring. Rainbow had to be careful when clearing some of the weeds as not to cause further damage to the structure, but Daring didn't have to remind her of that. They were all acting with a little more restraint.

The castle keep and the Chamber of the Elements itself, remained in their half-destroyed state. The ceiling was gone and only the remains of the columns, the window frames and door remained intact.

"What are we looking for, Twilight?"

"Something missing or out of place," Twilight said, determined. "Vice is using an elemental summoning spell to power himself with magic from a source outside of Equestria. Like the Elements of Harmony, but using an element that's not from Equestria itself."

"Not from this Equestria, at least," Spike added.

"Mm-hmm. The key to stopping him might be in blocking his element from the source, the same way we did with Zen Zeal. We block the magic, we stop the spell and then he won't be invincible any more," Twilight said, still determined. And then she added, "Hopefully."

They opened the door slowly. The wood let out a long, eerie, creak, almost a warning in itself.

"Quite an interesting theory," Rice said. He stood in the center of the room with his back turned to them. "Care to test it?"

"Vice Grip!!" Twilight yelled, instinctively putting up a shield around her and Spike. Before she could do anything else, one of the columns smashed into her shield and batted her and Spike into one of the walls. It was almost surprising the wall itself didn't crack from the force of them slamming into it.

"Predictable," Rice said, the word a harsh criticism and an insult rolled into one. Another column smashed them back into the other, which in turn hit it back. Spike and Twilight were dazed as the two stone pillars batted them back and forth across the room, which from an overhead shot looked exactly like a game of Pong. It even made the same sound effects.

Finally, just when Twilight felt she couldn't take it any more, one of the columns got underneath them and lifted them up like a ball on a tee-ball stand. Rice hovered up to their level.

"Twilight, Twilight, Twilight... you always were the smart one in my class. Smartest even. A prodigy in your own right... just like me," Rice said. The sandy-gold colored pony clasped his metal hands behind his back like he did. "But you always were just a little bit too naive. You never learned to predict your opponents. Always trying to make friends with them. Even as a filly."

"Do you EVER get tired of hearing yourself talk?!" Spike yelled.

Rice shrugged. "I enjoy hearing intelligent conversation, so there's really no one else to listen to."

"There's Twilight!"

Rice grinned. "I know."

Twilight held her head with both hooves. The sound of a tin can falling down the stairs echoed through her skull. "Spike... I have a concussion and he's already calling us stupid. Please don't help him."

"Sorry, Twilight. Wait, what do you mean "help him?""

"Look... whoever you are, it doesn't even matter what you do to us. There is no way you're going to get what you want out of this," Twilight declared. "You will never destroy Earth and nopony will ever listen to you so long as you're threatening our friends. Whatever society you want to build, it won't be with our help."

Rice raised an eyebrow. The second column rose up high and positioned itself over them. "Care to test that theory?"

Dan and Phoenix crashed through the door in the tank.

PreviousChapters Next