• Published 12th Aug 2013
  • 27,990 Views, 4,135 Comments

Dan Vs. The Magic of Friendship(Season 1) - Barrobroadcaster



The story of a man named Dan and all his friends in Equestria.

  • ...
100
 4,135
 27,990

PreviousChapters Next
Plan X Part 5

Cloudsdale spiraled its way towards Canterlot. The city of clouds altered its shape, its architecture and even its new rainbow defense fortifications. It reconfigured into a new shape, that of a city-sized hurricane. It spun slowly and the clouds that made up its structures became darker and darker. Only a few snowflakes drifted from it as it spun, a gigantic mass of glowing cloud towards the mountainside where Canterlot sat perched.

When Commander Hurricane was forced by the other triumvirs to disband the Grand Pegasus Army, she took measures to ensure Equestria would not be defenseless. She designed Cloudsdale to serve as a floating fortress, early warning watch station, a weather control platform and as a last resort, a massive bomb. When the homeland was threatened, Cloudsdale could be easily turned into a giant explosive and lobbed at any threat like a big grenade. This action was designed to buy time for an evacuation, a last sacrifice by Equestria's first soldier.

Canterlot's part in self-destruction was also intentionally selfless. The foundation of the city, built directly into the mountainside, was made with specialized materials that would resonate when hit by certain spells. With the right intensity of magic striking them simultaneously, the entire city would vibrate and collapse and crumble into an avalanche that would slide down the mountain. On its own, the rubble of the city, bulkier at the ends rather than the middle, would form a barrier around Ponyville.

And finally, Ponyville's scorched earth policy would deny any conquering army food and produce high volumes of smoke to allow Canterlot and Cloudsdale to retreat. All three tribes secretly planned their own sacrifice, if necessary, to ensure Equestria's safety. Only the simultaneous activation of all three plans would destroy the core of the kingdom.

Trixie, Aegis, Blueblood and the others departed Canterlot by Ozzy Osbarn's train. The showmare tossed a smoke ball at the tracks as they left.

"It will be different," Blueblood said.

"Pah. Does Trixie detect a hint of remorse from the prince? Regretting your mansion will be in ruins soon?" Trixie asked.

Blueblood smiled and shook his head. "Not precisely. Even if I hadn't been home in quite some time, it was pleasant to know it was there. But now, there'll be a chance to build something new. It's nice having something to look forward to."

"Maybe this is how Dan felt," Aegis commented. "When he first came to Equestria, I mean."

"Perhaps," Blueblood said. In the distance, Cloudsdale began to eclipse Canterlot. The mountain began to rumble as the train entered the tunnel.

"Right blokes, fittin' to toss da lead outta dis wagon. Best be clutchin' ya knickas tight iffin, lest ya wanna bump off!" Ozzy shouted. "Dis ride don stop fir nuffin!"

"The squee did you just say to Trixie?"

"I think he means hold on, ma'am!" And the moment Aegis said that, they had a moment to start holding on as Ozzy's train activated its rockets and shot out of the tunnel. The tunnel and mountain began crumbling the moment they exited, the train spiraling down the mountain as it turned to rubble. Like watching a giant cake disintegrate.

The Cloudsdale bomb engulfed Canterlot. The mass of clouds glowed with rainbow colors and surged with rainbow lightning. As it covered Canterlot, the tallest spire of Canterlot Castle punctured Cloudsdale, like popping a giant balloon, causing the city to explode. Cloudsdale erupted in a maelstrom of storms from blizzards to hurricane-force winds and thunderstorms, fire storms, sand storms, hail and the other weather/terrain effect field moves from Pokemon.

The city of Canterlot was frozen, blown apart, electrified, burned, melted with acid rain(bows) and completely annihilated in every essence of the word. The explosion took the top of the mountain off with it, causing the entire thing to crumble and cascade down the side in an avalanche that headed directly towards Ponyville. Trixie and company on the train narrowly avoided the disaster, jetting down the mountain to rejoin Dan and the others.

Ponyville was actually several miles away from the base of Mount Harmony, separated by farmland, but the avalanche's sheer volume covered quite a bit of it. Mud, ice and water destroyed the landscape, covering it in meters of thick sediment.
The last of it finally reached Ponyville just in time to put out the fires that had burned down the whole town.

Dan led Phoenix and the others to the Ponyville dam. Applejack and Pinkie Pie joined them, along with the CMC and the Apples. Also, the Magic Gears, still mini and adorable, are part of the CMC now along with Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara.

"Did we remember absolutely everything?" Twilight asked.

"We better have!" Dan yelled. "Seriously, this whole plan only works if EVERY part of it goes off at the same time."

"I meant personal things, Dan," Twilight said over the roar of the water. The dam was loud. Owlowiscious was perched on her shoulder with a tiny little golden helmet. He was not happy about what they were doing either, but understood it had to be done.

"Again, we BETTER have remembered everything. Everything we don't want to be destroyed. And seeing as how we're all here and all the stuff from the library is on Captain Crunch's flying toilet, I'd say we did a good job of that," Dan remarked.

"What about Cap, Khan and Redfield?" Phoenix asked about the other humans.

Dan grinned. "Not to worry. Colress is getting them out with his Magnezone and the Plasma Frigate. See? I really DID think of everything. Plan X is foolproof."

"That'd be a first," Applejack said.

"AJ, don't. Just please, DON'T," Phoenix chastised.

"Thpp-thppp thppp-thpp-thpp," Fluffle said to Chrys.

"Oh crap."

"What now?" Twilight asked.

Chrys' eyes went wide. "We forgot the townsfolk."

"No, no we didn't," Dan said shaking his head. "Remember? They were listening to Rice Dip and then they all ran to the polls to go vote and holy crap we forgot them."

"WE FORGOT EVERYPONY ELSE!!!!!" Pinkie yelled.

Dan's head darted between them and Ponyville. Somewhere, the Ponyvillians were deciding which candidate to vote for, even though there was no election, there were no current candidates, and there was no point for them to do so. The avalanche of debris swept across the fields towards the burning town.

"Um... I'm sure they'll be fine," Dan said. Everyone there glared at him.

Author's Note:

Note: Like the Director, the precise gender of Commander Hurricane and the other founders is left to the reader's decision, meaning you. This is mostly because the story prefers headcanon to canon when there are disputes, and also because Dan has been told Hurricane is a dude like seven times and he still gets it wrong.

Also, we're not even sure she's dead. Rice is apparently alive after all this time and he's the great-grandson of the first Chancellor Puddinghead. There aren't any cemeteries in Ponyville. So again, it's pretty much anything goes.

PreviousChapters Next