• Published 12th Aug 2013
  • 28,104 Views, 4,135 Comments

Dan Vs. The Magic of Friendship(Season 1) - Barrobroadcaster



The story of a man named Dan and all his friends in Equestria.

  • ...
100
 4,135
 28,104

PreviousChapters Next
Resort: Dantastic Voyage- Seasick

The bow of the All of My Rage delicately touched the surface of the water and began plowing through the waves. It descended gracefully, landing on the waves like an inner tube hitting a giant wavepool. Waves lapped up against the ship's hull but not a drop penetrated. The airship was air-tight, water-tight and marine-ready.

"Ahh, nothing like the open sea," Dan said, triumphantly. "Is there anything so majestic as the ocean blue, like a... big, wet sloshy thing that's always there. So big and wet. Taunting and tantalizing men and their awesome, hot black girlfriends with its deepness... and wetness."

"That was slightly inspiring, Dan," Phoenix said, nodding. "Mostly disturbing, but slightly inspiring."

Dan looked around. "So what's keeping the musical mare duo?"

The Blasties adorably burst through the door to the bridge at the same time. "Guys!"

"We have another problem."

"That's it!" Dan ripped a handlebar off the bulkhead and brandished it like a bat. "Where's Blueblood? He's going overboard, right now."

"That's not the- why would you assume Blueblood is the problem?" Powdy asked.

Dan immediately spun around with the handlebar and tried to whack Gust. He would have done just that, if Twilight hadn't levitated the bar away from him.

"Dan, no."

"Sorry, sorry," Dan said, waving his hands defensively, "I forgot we're doing this whole 'character development thing' and I can't react to things with immediate violence. Usually, I react to things with immediate violence. But not now, because character development."

"Of course, calling a simple behavioral adjustment "character development" is kind of poor usage of the term," Twilight said. "But I'm happy for foal steps."

"So who is the problem?"

"There's not-" Powdy shook her head again. "You STILL think it's a person?"

"A person and/or horse slash bird-lion thing that I can punch," Dan corrected.

The Blasties face-hooved adorably. They're adorable OCs, so that fact must be stated for when this gets animated. They're cute, so imagine a regular mare and double the cuteness. You're imagining that now, aren't you? I know, right? It's that cute. "Just follow us."

"And follow closely, Phoenix."

"Wo-ooah!" They grabbed the lawyer and tugged him off the bridge. Dan shrugged and with the others, followed the pair.

The ship's medical deck was directly underneath the bridge and connected to the inner ring. For medical emergencies, the area could receive large parties quickly through the access way built into the inside ring's hull. The medical deck itself was a series of long corridor compartments all painted white to signify this was the hospital section. Beds lined the walls, all of them bunks to maximize availability with medical equipment and diagnostics stations built in-between them.

The All of My Rage's medical deck was state-of-the-art, having been constructed in Ponyville. Its originator and sister, the All of My Yes originally had a lot less medical equipment because of the piratey nature of its crew. The Rage had more beds, equipment and space than the original griffon carrier, which was good because a lot of it was being used.

"Oh, this is bad," Chrys said.

"Seasick," Blast Fuse explained. The twins led the group down the corridor passing bed after bed occupied by a seasick pony.

"We should have anticipated this," Twilight stated, a concern expression as she regarded each pone. "Ponies don't usually travel by sea."

"We've been on the sea for five minutes!" Dan exclaimed. "Less than that, even! They didn't have a problem the last few days we've been OVER the ocean! What's the big deal, now?"

"I have to admit, this does seem oddly-timed," Phoenix said. "Or... this could be food poisoning. That's the only thing I can think of that could account for all these illnesses happening simultaneously."

Chrys swallowed. "And we've all been eating the same food..."

"Airline food at sea... euuueggh," Dan winced. "Okay, I admit, that is disgusting." They followed the Blasties back to the end of the hall. Vinyl rubbed the back of a green-faced Octavia. She hurled into a bucket as the group approached.

"Oh, uh, hey guys," Vinyl said. "Sorry I didn't come earlier. Had to get Tavi up here as quick as I could."

"And for that, I am very... gluuuugh... thankful," Octavia said. Fluffle Puff was in a white doctor's outfit complete with stethoscope, staring absent-mindedly at them as they approached.

Knight and Ace were dressed as tiny filly nurses, mostly because they were the only ones aboard with any medical knowledge. The fact that they were both connected to the internet really helped. The doctors, nurses and medical staff from Ponyville were at Canterlot having a golf vacation, probably because they expected something like this happening.

"Hey Vinyl," the entire group said in unison.

"So, what's the prognosis, doc?" Dan asked.

"Thppppp."

"That bad, huh?" Dan said. He shook his head grimly. "How long does she have?"

"Thppp-thppp."

He pinched his brow. "If only we had more time... when will they learn? WHEN WILL THEY LEARN?!"

Knight looked over at the group. "The patient is suffering from mild intestinal discomfort brought about from consumption of under-prepared food. Recommend increasing galley staff by twenty-percent to avoid repeat incidents. Patient's discomfort should subside shortly; she is free to leave."

"Ohh, thank goodness!" Dan grabbed Fluffle and hugged her tight, as did Chrys. "Doctor, you're a miracle worker!"

"Thpp-thpptth-thpp," Fluffle said, adjusting her coat. I'm just doing my job. Horse M.D logo.

"Huh, so it was the food," Phoenix said. He looked happier than normal, chuckling a bit at the thought. And his friends noticed.

"Are you okay, Phoenix?" Twilight asked.

"I'm fine. More than fine, actually. I'm just happy one of these mysteries actually was simple to solve for once, haha," he said, his arm behind his head again.

"You going to be okay here, Tavi?" Vinyl asked. Her constant companion nodded, laying back down.

"Just let me rest a bit, Vinyl. I'll be right as rain shortly. Keep the bucket close."

"'Kay, then," Vinyl said, hopping off the bed. "So what'd you dudes need? Everypony tired of Dan being the entertainment director?"

"Yes, but that's not why we're here," Chrys said, stepping forward. "Miss Scratch, we require your DJ expertise. And your Bass Cannon."

Vinyl folded her hooves and raised an eyebrow. "And what makes you think I brought Bassy along with me?"

"Because you're you," Dan said. "Also, Bassy? That's the dumbest name for a Bass Cannon I've ever heard."

"Alright, you got me," she said. "Whaddaya need my Bass Cannon for?"

Dan smiled. "We're going to hook it up to Tanky, my tank and we're gonna drop the bass all over the sea floor! Use it like a sonar-pulse thingy to map the ocean and find out where the sea ponies are!"

Vinyl tapped her chin. "That... plan... is... brilliant! I love it!"

"NO!" Octavia shot up. "Vinyl, you mustn't! You know... you know what happened with the-!"

"Relax, Tavi, I got this," she said, sure of herself. "Alright, guys, let's go turn the seafloor into a dance floor! If they can teach a shrimp to run, I bet I can get clams to dance!" The Adorable Blasties adorably snickered at that comment, adorably.

Author's Note:

Short update this week, but important to the plot. No spoilers but this wasn't filler. If it was filler, it would be cuter.

PreviousChapters Next