• Published 12th Aug 2013
  • 28,101 Views, 4,135 Comments

Dan Vs. The Magic of Friendship(Season 1) - Barrobroadcaster



The story of a man named Dan and all his friends in Equestria.

  • ...
100
 4,135
 28,101

PreviousChapters Next
Central: The Fiery InferNOPE Part 1- Sacrifices Were Made

"We should've known! We should've known there would be a changeling Magic Gear!" Phoenix yelled.

"Keep up, Nicky!"

"KEEP RUNNING, EVERYONE!!" (There's nowhere to go! Unless... maybe we can trap it!) Phoenix looked behind him. The door had shut behind them and there was no sign of VOLCANUS forcing its way in. "Wait!"

They stopped, looked behind them.

"There is NO WAY that thing lost us already," Dan stated. "That thing would have to be the dumbest machine ever designed by the dumbest scienti- okay, and now I believe it."

Phoenix shrugged. "Some bugs have poor eyesight. Maybe it's based on one of those?"

"Living underground probably doesn't help," Powdy added.

"It doesn't matter! Look around for anything we can use to kill a big bug!" Dan ordered.

The Blasties did as instructed, but did not do so optimistically. "Kinda doubt we're just going find a giant can of Raid lying around."

Phoenix focused on the doors, examining them with the keen eyes of an investigator. "Maybe we could trap it somehow. If we can get it stuck in the doorway, that might give us time to escape!"

"We still have to find something to blow up the core with! We need a weapon or... something!"

"Right, I'll look for something to trap it with, you look for something to blow up the core!" Phoenix said.

"Yes! You search those lockers, I'll search over by the redundant diagnostic computer that does nothing!" The humans moved to either side of the room and began tearing through things.

"Should we still be looking for a giant can of Raid?" Fusey asked. "I feel like I don't have enough information right now."

"Yeah, don't ask us or anything," Spinner said, heavy with sarcasm. "I only just work here, I probably don't know where anything is." Beside her, Springer had regained consciousness and began to struggle in her bindings.

Blast Fuse sighed heavily. "Ugggh, if I untie the three of you, will you promise not to try to run away?" The three captives, now fully awake and aware, nodded. "Okay, then, first-"

The door exploded open. Magic Gear VOLCANUS came spinning through the center of the room, pirouetting on her back legs. She faced Dan and Phoenix, both of them dumbfounded on either side of the room. "What? A lady can't make an entrance?" she asked, batting her mechanical eyelashes at them.

"Oh great and powerful crab-spider-pony-robot thing!" Blast Fuse announced. She held up Springer, still who looked cocooned in her bindings. "We offer up to you these morons as a sacrifice to your glory!"

"BAHAHAHAHA!!" Dan doubled over laughing. "YES! Sacrifice the idiots to the bug-mech!"

Even Phoenix giggled. "Heh, I'd find that funnier if we weren't in immediate danger."

Surprisingly, the Magic Gear actually considered it, rubbing the side of her head with a clamp. "Ya know, as tempting as that offer is, gonna have to decline. I'm kinda programmed to kill ya and whatnot, but I'm sure there's a deity somewhere that appreciates the gesture. WAIT-" she held up her claw, "I forgot there's no gods in the tube of evil. Guess you're SOL." She raised her claws to smashie-smashie them.

*PRRRSSSSSSSHHHHH!!*

Something stopped her. Metal eyebrow raised, she bent over to look at one of her back legs. Spinner, half-untied, was spraying her with a can of pesticide as yellow as she was. She sprayed it vigorously with her free hoof, coating her crab-like leg.

"I told you I knew where stuff was!"

VOLCANUS just looked at her. "Really?"

"This isn't doing anything is it..." the can slowly ran out and stopped spraying. "And I got the lemon-scented one, too."

"Did you really think it would?" the Gear asked. And Spinner nodded in disappointment. "You thought I'd have some kind of weakness to some random tool, like I'm some kind of boss out of Legend of Zelda? Hahaha, very funny." A hatch on her stomach deployed after it was loosened by the bug spray. Both mares stared at it for a moment before she carefully closed it with her pincer. "Kee-dokey, gonna ask ya to just ignore that."

Spinner chucked the can as hard as she could at the robot, but she missed.

VOLCANUS didn't even seem to notice. "Well, I do appreciate your attempt at pest control but I think you should leave the extermination to the pros. And on that note- hey, where are you going?" As VOLCANUS was talking, Spinner was involuntarily pulled by the tether still attached to her. She was pulled rather quickly away from the Magic Gear and out of the room.

Turning around, VOLCANUS realized that the Raid had indeed been used as a diversion of sorts, or at least that Dan had used the moment she was distracted in order to escape. "I should have been programmed to see that coming."

Dan ran back through the doors into the maintenance shaft, Phoenix, the Blasties and their captives trailing behind them. He hopped back into the tram and yelled at them all to board. They didn't even have to be told, but he did so anyway. He activated the tram and it shot away at full-speed.

"Where are we going now?" Phoenix asked.

"Away from here!" Dan answered, looking over his shoulder. "Back to the tanks! We'll each get a tank and hopefully that will... do something!"

"Why don't we go get Marksaline?" Blast Powder suggested.

"She fixed Lightning Claw," Blast Fuse added. "Maybe she could fix... or break bugbot?"

"And she's with Colress!" Dan said. "AND LIGHTNING! Electric boogaloo horse might be able to use his powers like a big bug zapper!" The picture of Lightning Claw powering an enormous bug zapper and VOLCANUS being drawn to it and fried by it entered Dan's head, much to his delight.

Another smash. The wall behind them exploded and out came Magic Gear VOLCANUS, yet again giving pursuit. She skated on her hind legs, keeping easy pace with the tram. "Hey, this bug spray is slippery enough to use as a lubricant! Thanks, yellow henchman pony!"

Blast Powder frowned. "Tie her up again."

Dan picked her up. "SACRIFICE THE MORON!!"

"EEEAAAAHHH!!!"

Phoenix face-palmed. "Dan, for tube's sakes."

"HELP ME, SOMEONE PLEASE! I JUST WORK HERE!!"

Author's Note:

Another short update, I know and I apologize. But! This one is going to be part of the multi-part boss battle! Preparing for travel, so expect next week to be a small update as well, possibly. After that, we should be able to finish this episode up. Thanks for reading as always!

PreviousChapters Next