• Published 12th Aug 2013
  • 28,082 Views, 4,135 Comments

Dan Vs. The Magic of Friendship(Season 1) - Barrobroadcaster



The story of a man named Dan and all his friends in Equestria.

  • ...
100
 4,135
 28,082

PreviousChapters Next
RE

Canterlot Gardens
Now

We need injustice. We thrive on it; thrive on the adversity it creates. We drink it in and let it fuel us, and that fuel becomes the fire which burns inside each and every one of us. And we need fire, too. Even if we deny it, we need that fire to sustain us. I've seen it in you, too, the blaze waiting to happen. I've seen inside you, you know. I've seen that spark.




Sy-system re-re-reKRZZZZTTT-reinitializing. Beginning… beginning diagnostic.


People, ponies look at me and they think I'm some kind of monster. They see me as some kind of abomination, something that shouldn't exist. They're afraid of what I represent because it's something they can't do. They can't make the same decisions I made, they can't use the power I wield and if they had the choice they wouldn't want to. But somepony has to. They need me. So… I guess that's two things we have in common.


Diagnostic complete. Beginning systems check…
Weapon systems: Partial functionality available
Sword Spell: N/A
Processing Systems: Online
Power Core: Online
Defensive systems: Online
Mobility systems: Online
Sensory systems: Online
Tactical interface: Online
Communications interface: Online

All remaining systems functioning at or above standard parameters.
Operational capacity: 85%- Acceptable.
No command uplink detected.


I love you. I want you to know that.


Hull integrity nominal. All systems nominal. Beginning startup sequence...


They thought you were a monster, too. Because of what you wanted. But us? We're natural.


Scanning surroundings… visual sensors online.


They NEED us!


Leg drive motor online. Initializing...


They NEED WHAT WE'RE CAPABLE OF!!!


Terrain analyzed… all systems engaged.


They need our help.


Mission parameters set.


That's why I want to give it to them. I want them to have every opportunity, even the ones I didn't have. We can show them the way, together. And if they think we're monsters… well, the world needs monsters, doesn't it? But they have nothing to fear from me just like they have nothing to fear from you. I will nurture that spark inside of you. I will be the hoof and the hand that guides you. Revenge is just a part of nature. Just a part you're told not to use.


I'm… I'm back.


Inside of you burns a desire, a power so strong it could make all our dreams a reality. Just sometimes, to make a dream come true, a nightmare has to come true along with it. But there's nothing to be afraid of.


Magic Gear Knight… online.

Regenerated Fail-Deadly Independent Mobile Weapons Platform
Magic Gear KNIGHT
Takes a mucking and keeps on bucking

Together, we will make all our dreams come true. Because you have the will. And me?
I'm just the Director.

Author's Note:

For the record, the Director's talking to Dan, Twilight, Chrys and the gang in case it's too vague.

PreviousChapters Next