• Published 12th Aug 2013
  • 28,100 Views, 4,135 Comments

Dan Vs. The Magic of Friendship(Season 1) - Barrobroadcaster



The story of a man named Dan and all his friends in Equestria.

  • ...
100
 4,135
 28,100

PreviousChapters Next
OSP: Hitting Home

Asset analysis
Dan's Jerks:
Confiscated Miranda-class light cruiser Danfiant repairs: 42%
FIST:
Prototype New Dominance-class superweapon Cogsdale completion: 81%

Phoenix, Chrys and the others recovered from the cake quickly after Dan switched off the security system. After the intense car chase, Tuxley and Reginald were grateful for the hospitality and sat down in a pair of appropriate recliners and indulged in tea still hot from a thermos. Daring Do, on the other hand, couldn't help from being bewildered at the things she saw.

"Phoenix Wright?! THE Phoenix Wright?!" she exclaimed.

"Eeyep. He's our boy Nicky," Dan said, slapping his fellow human on the back as he stood.

"It's nice to meet you, Daring," Phoenix said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"OHMAIGAWSH!" Daring leapt into the air and was immediately eye-level with the lawyer. "You have no idea what a huge fan I am! Seriously, I love Justice for All and Trials and Tribulations! It was so awesome how you had to deal with Von Karma and Godot!"

The ace attorney could not help a shade of crimson edging into his cheeks. "Heheheh, yeah they wereā€¦ fun." (Not at the time, though.)

The pegasus recoiled a tad bashfully. "Sorry about that. I travel a lot and well, your games have helped me through a lot of tough situations."

"Phoenix has been part of our team since the Ace Swift trial," Twilight said, holding the human's arm endearingly. "If you think his games are great, you should see him in action here."

"Oh believe me, I know. I saw Turnabout Storm," Daring declared. "I've played all the Ace Attorney games, even the crossover ones with Professor Layton."

The tall human's entire face almost went flush. "Yeahā€¦ Capcom's contract makes me do pretty much everything. And while we're talking about uh, well, being fans, I'm a pretty big fan of your books."

"Thanks," Daring said, smiling. "It's not always easy writ-wait, is thatā€¦?" something else caught her eye. And it was Fluffle Puff. The pegasus flew across the room to the edge of the kitchen. Fluffle was busy making herself a snack. "Is that an actual fluffapon?"

"A what?" Twilight asked. "You mean Fluffle Puff?"

Daring Do stared at Fluffle, eyes wide as if not to miss a moment. The fluffy mare was nomming a cookie when she caught Daring's eye and looked over at her like a deer in the forest.

"Hi there," Daring said.

"Thppb."

"Oh, uhā€¦ well, it's been a while," Daring said. She cleared her throat. "*ahem* Um, Thpp-thppp thppp thppp." Hi, I'm Daring. Are you a fluffapon?

Fluffle's eyes went wide. The cookie dropped out of her mouth and hit the floor, crumbling. "Thpppp?!! Thppp-thppp-thppp thppp-thpp-thppp?!" You can speak fluffaponese?!! Where did you learn how to speak my language?!

Daring smiled. "Thbbbb-phbbbt. Thppp-thppp-phbbbt ffffbbt phppp." A long time ago, actually. I study ancient cultures and I have to learn the languages."

Fluffle edged closer. "Tbbbbpth thtttthhhh phb-phb thppppth." I understand. To be honest, you are speaking in a bit of an older dialect, no offense.

"Haha," Daring chuckled. "Thppp-thpp thtthhh phbbbbth." I don't doubt that. I'll take it as a compliment.

"Thp!" Fluffle squeed. Yay!

"Um, I uh, I don't really know how to ask thisā€¦ but," Daring said, coming closer. "Thppp thppp thbbb thppp-thppp thpp?" Are there any others like you here?

Fluffle's eyes lowered a tad. "Phbbt." No.

"I seeā€¦" Daring said, also looking down. "Did youā€¦ have you told them?"

Fluffle shook her head.

"I understand," Daring said. The pegasus met her gaze, a kind of strange familiarity in her eyes. "There's uh, there's something I should show you. Would you mind coming with me?" she gestured to the door.

Fluffle nodded.

"Okay. They should be just outside," Daring said, leading her to the door. As they passed through the living room, Tuxley was busy regaling the group with tales of his own battles with FIST. It would seem that Vice Grip had kidnapped some dragons and dinosaurs when testing his Magic Gears, some of which were still unaccounted for.

"Hey Tuxley?"

"Oh, yes Miss Daring?"

"Are the samples from the Badlands still in the trunk?"

"Um, they should be," Tuxley said, thinking. "Oh! Were you thinking that-"

"I was just making sure, thanks," Daring said quickly, leading Fluffle out the door.

"Hey, if you guys are going somewhere, make sure the security system recognizes you first," Dan said. "No sudden movements and don't throw anything at the house, okay?"

Daring nodded, already out the door. "We got it, thanks." She closed the door and lead Fluffle outside. The fluffy pink mare followed her to the trunk of the Delorean, perplexed but curious. Daring opened the trunk from the lever on the driver's side and went back around to it.

The trunk of the Delorean contained several steel crates, almost like the kind for transporting weapons. There were also a couple of statues, smaller versions of the Markers from Dead Space but they looked older, strangely softer. Even though the car had been riddled with bullets, none had penetrated its metal frame and even if they had, it was unlikely they would've broken through anything on the inside.

Daring edged the largest of the containers to the front and opened it. Inside were vials, three dozen or so of them. Daring reached to one of them and picked it up out of the foam frame holding it in place. She turned around and held it in front of Fluffle Puff.

"Thisā€¦ this was, um, this was taken recently. Just a couple of weeks ago," Daring explained.

Fluffle looked at it, not quite understanding. Daring hooved it to her, giving her a chance to see it closer. Fluffle held it up to her eyes and looked over the tiny vial. Inside were a few strands of green fluff. A label on the outside read: M, 2m.

"Thppp thppp thbbb?" What is this?

"It's a, uh, sample," Daring said. The mare adjusted her pith helmet, seeming to have trouble speaking. "We were doing research andā€¦ well, we found a den. I'm guessing you knew about this?" she asked. The fluffy pony was still too fixated on the vial to answer. "We didn't take any of them. But we did take a few samples, harmless samples. We had toā€¦ we had to document the nest."

Den? Nest? Had they actually been there? Had they found out? Fluffle's heart was racing somewhere in her fluffy chest. She looked at the tiny vial, suddenly starting to realize how valuable it really was. Her hooves began to tremble involuntarily but she clutched it tightly. She held it up to Daring and pointed at the label. "Thppp. Thppp thbbb thppp thppp?" This. What does this mean?!

"Um, it stands for male. Male and then the approximate age is at the side," Daring looked at the vial closer. "That one was two months at the time. Healthy, close to hatching."

Fluffle turned back to the rest of the vials. There were dozens of them. She counted each of them, had to be sure of the exact number. She was hyperventilating now, looking over the contents of everything in the trunk of the iconic movie vehicle. Fluffle looked at each of the vials as if trying to be sure of something she already knew was true. They were all different colors: orange, purple, blue, etc. And they all had numbers and either an F or an M next to them.

"We didn't take samples of all of them," Daring said, putting a hoof on her shoulder. "They all looked healthy, though. It was just me, Reginald and Tuxley. We didn't even take any pictures."

The fluffy mare's breathing became calmer. She slowly nodded and put the samples back. The last one, still clutched in her hoof, she held up and looked it again. Male, two months. The green strands of fluff shimmered in the sunlight underneath the thin glass. A colt. A healthy, baby colt.

"Thpppā€¦ thppp phbbbbā€¦. thppp-thpp?" They'reā€¦ they're allā€¦ they're healthy?

Daring nodded. "From what we could tell. Weā€¦ don't really know much about your biology since the kingdom collapsed. We had no idea we'd find any others. I'm guessing thatā€¦ well, are they yours?"

Fluffle held the vial tightly, tears in her eyes. She nodded.

The pegasus walked over and cupped her hooves. "I know thisā€¦ this must be hard for you butā€¦ do you know anything about what happened? To the other fluffapons?"

The fluffy mare took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "Thbbb." Yes. She was silent after that. Daring looked up at her, was hoping she would say more but she didn't. Whatever other answers she had, it would be time before they were revealed.

Fluffle hoofed the vial back to Daring. She silently placed the vial back in its slot. Daring started to close the container when Fluffle stopped her. The fluffy mare grabbed a small bit of her own fluff and snipped it off. Fluffle Puff then presented a few of her own strands of fluff to Daring.

The archaeologist pegasus looked lost for a moment. "Iā€¦ I don't know what to say."

"Take it," Fluffle said, forgoing her native tongue. "My sample. It belongs with them."

Daring took it carefully. She then looked into Fluffle's eyes. "So do you. Youā€¦ you shouldn't be here."

Fluffle turned away and began walking back to the house. The pegasus held the strands tightly. Pink, female, unknown months. At least hundreds. "They need you!" Daring yelled. "They're close to hatching, they'll need you! They'll needā€¦ their motherā€¦"

"Thppp thbbb phbbbtt thpp thbbb," Fluffle said, not looking back. They have what they need. She reentered the house.

For a while, Daring was at a loss for words. She watched as Fluffle opened and closed the door, mouth agape. For whatever her reasons, Fluffle Puff had made her decision. Daring found an empty vial and stocked Fluffle's sample, not cataloging it. There would be time for that later. She followed Fluffle Puff back into the house.

"Soā€¦ you met the Loch Ness Monster?" Phoenix asked. Apparently, the entire rest of the group was busy listening to Tuxley's stories.

Tuxley nodded. "Indeed."

Dan grinned. "Did he ask you for tree fiddy?"

The t-rex and his crystal companion laughed. "Hahaha, no Dan, and we didn't see Chef's parents, either. I do so enjoy your humor, though."

"Heheheh, yeah," Dan leaned back, appreciating the remark on his wit.

Tuxley readjusted his monocle. "Hoho, indeed. He did try to sell us homeowner's insurance which we didn't need at the time. Nice chap, though."

Dan's face went blank. "Wait, he actually talked?"

"You're asking a tyrannosaurus rex that," Chrys reminded him.

"I know, it's justā€¦ the loch ness monster, that's kind of a legend," Dan said. "It really hits me where I live."

Twilight raised an eyebrow. "You live in Scotland?"

"No, but I had a bet on the loch ness monster!" Dan yelled. "Great! Now I owe Chris three-fifty if I ever see him again."

PreviousChapters Next