• Published 6th Mar 2012
  • 1,374 Views, 44 Comments

Coffee Bender - spirit shin



spirit has got it bad bad right now, but maybe his luck will change

  • ...
1
 44
 1,374

Pelted

(author"s note. I realize that i don't have the best writing skills, but as the story continues i hope to improve)

I was always at work, I didn't have friends to compete with my job for my time and i needed the money.I was always at work. I hated most of my co-workers. The only co-worker I liked was Frank and we hang out at the shop. Everypony else was mean to me. They would always talk about me behind my back. I would occasionally walk up on a group of them talking about me being 21 and without a cutie mark. They would notice me and I would just back away slowly. When HE showed up, I was thankful for mandatory pants.

Him showing up always made me smile, and he was here almost every day. He didn't always buy something, but he would always get at least a glass of water just to have a reason to stay. He would stay for hours at a time, just sitting there talking to me or staring out the window. I don't know where he got the time or money. Maybe his parents were rich (strike two) or maybe he didn't have friends either.

One day he was walking in, talking to a bunch of ponies. I figured he must have a lot of friends, and by deductive reason his parents were rich.

"Dammit" I thought then I noticed something worse. He had his arm around a mare (strike three)

"Fuuuuck'' I thought so loudly that I though he could hear it.

I was getting worried, then out of no where i saw it, the thing that possibly just ended it all for me right then and there, it was his cutie mark, it was a C.D. turntable.

I thought to myself "a musician" I guessed it was all over, my chances for having companionship were shut down, no talented musician pegasus would want a talent-less earth pony as a companion.

I buried my face in my hooves and shook my head. I didn't want him to see me so disappointed so I put on a happy face -as Ii was accustomed to doing- and smiled at him as he walked up to the counter like he was happy to see me.

"Hey spirit" he said.

"Hey" I replied the sound of disappointment sending mixed messages with the expression on my face.

"Anything wrong?'' he asked with genuine concern in his voice

"Of course not." I recovered my voice "The usgh?" I asked.

"Yeep" he said with a smile "annnnnd" he pulled out a small piece of paper with his friends orders on it "a couple extras"

His friends pushed a couple tables together while he was placing their order. Just as I was about to give him his total that girl who was hanging on him earlier shouted.

"Hey Deedge!"

I finally know his name.

"What?" he said turning around.

"Get me a bagel" she said with no politeness in her voice.

Signalling that he understood. he then turned around and sighed with annoyance.

"And one bagel"

"Coming right up, you can go sit down," i said. "it might take a while."

Even though I was only one pony, I still got his order down and made everything in a reasonable if not speedy time. I put everything on the counter and he gave me the money. I handed him the change and he knew something was up.

"This isnt correct" he said

"I took the bagel off, you come in here so often its the least i can do."

He had on the cutest most appreciative look on his face my heart wanted to explode. I offered to help him carry everything to the table, but he declined.

"Thanks man, but i think i got this, bye spirit."

"Ok then, bye deedge."

He almost dropped the whole tray of coffee.

"I dont remember telling you my name" he said turning towards me and setting the tray back on the counter.

"You didn't" I said "sorry."

"How did you know it if i didn't tell you then?" he looked angry

"I heard you friend call you it" i said crossing my arms in a feeble attempt at protecting myself.

"I would prefer if you didnt call me that," he started to smile. "call me Deejay, oh and if your offer on helping me still stands? "

"Of course" I said walking around the counter

I then helped him carry the tray to the table. When we got there one of the group members jokingly stated

"Took you long enough hehe."

Deejay looked at me and said "Welp thanks for the help spirit."

"Yea no probs." I said.

As I was walking away one of the girls in the group exclaimed "Hey isn't that the pony without a cutie mark?!"

The colts nodded in agreement and they all laughed. "Hey, isn't he also a fag?" I heard on of them say. I was about to turn around when I got hit in the head with a cup of scalding hot tea.

I didn't let my pain show, i just walked away my head hanging down. I walk into the managers office soaking wet, tears streaking down my face.

"Hey Spiri... Oh my Celest/ What happened?"

"Can I go home?" I ask through stifled sobs.

"Go straight home, I'll cover your shift."

I walked out through the back door, and once I was outside I ran home.