• Published 30th Jul 2013
  • 2,297 Views, 10 Comments

Trixie Living With Me? - Moniker



Just as it sounds. Trixie reluctent to tell me how she got to earth I take her in.

  • ...
9
 10
 2,297

Meet the parents

Trixie Living With Me?

By Dancing With Discord

Meet the parents


I walked back and forth. Trixie looked at me in question. "What is wrong with you Mister Gabe?" Trixie was oddly polite.

"Oh, you can call me Gabe no 'Mister' in it. It's that I have to explain you to my parents, you...well you will be hard to explain," I bit my bottom lip. "Well, let's pray to god they understand," I exhaled in the thought of how my parents will react.

"Why wouldn't your parents understand?" the blue unicorn mare asked.

I sighed. "We-" I cut myself off when the phone rang. I ran to the phone. "Hello?" I asked.

It was my dad again. "Hey, I need you to pick up a few things, list's on the counter, same with the money," my dad said on the other line.

"Fine, bye," I hung up. "Well, be right back Trixie," I said she cleared her throat loudly. I again sighed. "Well, I’ll be back soon The Great and Powerful Trixie," I said with no more words.

"Where are you going?" she asked.

I looked at her. "I'm going to the store, be back soon," I responded.

"Can The Great and Powerful Trixie come?" she asked giving me the puppy dog face.

I shook my head. "Oh, oh no, I can't let you come, I need you to stay," I didn't want to show her off to the world.

"C'mon!" she pleaded something I didn't expect from her.

I shook my head again. "No, I'll have a hard time explaining it to total strangers," I said.

"What if your father comes home?" she smirked.

"My brother will explain," I returned with a confident smirk.

Trixie looked at my brother. He was sitting down. "Please, please," she was almost on her hooves almost.

I gave a loud sigh. I just know I'll regret this. "Fine come on, let's get going," I said. She followed me to the door. She squinted at the light as I opened the door. "You okay?" I asked putting on my sunglasses.

"How can you stand that?" Trixie asked.

I laughed of course she never used a pair of sunglasses. "Here, these will help," I handed her another pair of sunglasses.


We were only a step outside before one of our neighbors saw us. He waved. "Hey there," he smiled.

"Hi," I moved more and more outside then Trixie stepped out.

I saw our neighbor's face; it was the face of shock. I ignored him and kept walking. Only a little down the road was a little girl and her mother. "Hey look mommy, there's Trixie," she pointed.

The mom didn't pay attention. "That's nice sweetie," the mother said returning to what I've expected to be an important phone call. "For your information, I am The Great and Powerful Trixie, not 'Trixie'," Trixie finally said.

That immediately caught the attention of the now angry mother. "How dare you talk to my daughter like that," the mom turned to me and Trixie. With that she fainted. I sighed. I knew I'd regret this. I thought. "See! This is exactly why I was hesitant to allow you to come!" I told her before walking again.

"Whatever," Trixie shrugged. She kept following me. We were walking down the street.

"So you have no idea how you got here?" I asked again this time with a bit more calmness to it.

Trixie nodded. She kept her head high because of her pride. "Not a clue, The Great and Powerful Trixie has no idea how she got here," she said trying to sound noble. It was hard to though.

"Anyway, stay out here," I told her.

Trixie was puzzled. "Why can't I come in Gabe?"

I cleared m throat. I then pointed to a sign it red No pets allowed except seeing eye dogs. "Does that answer your question?" I asked in spite.

"So? I am a pony not animal," she smugly said.

I shook my head. "No, a pony to us is an animal to us humans," I said seeing both people fleeing from me, and also Trixie's smug grin lower to a frown.

"Look, I'll be in there a few minutes so, you know, just stay out of sight," I pleaded.

"What are the magic words?" Trixie was milking it a little.

"Please," I said.

"No," Trixie responded.

I sighed with the thought of what she what me to say. "Please Great and Powerful Trixie, just stay out of sight," I pleaded to the animated pony.

"Fine, The Great and Powerful Trixie will do as you ask," she said probably feeling satisfied with my defeat.

I coughed a bit. "Alright, I'll be back," I walked in.

Trixie looked around. She hid near the door. She leapt into a trash can. Just then a woman dropped her semi-empty drink into the trash can that the pastel pony was in. She curled her muzzle to the stench in the trash can. I finally came out after maybe thirty minutes. "Trixie, are you ready to go?!" I asked in a louder tone to make sure she heard me. She came up and gasped for air. "Hey, you responded, with only 'Trixie' this time," I smiled are we getting progress?

"The Great and Powerful Trixie needed air, The Great and Powerful Trixie was not responding to you," she remarked before long.

"Right, my bad," I roll my eyes. "Anyway you ready to go?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yes The Great and Powerful Trixie is ready," Trixie said trotting alongside me.


Soon we got home. I unlocked the door. I opened it with a surprise at the other side; my parents. "Mom, dad, uh...how was work?" I asked calmly.

"Gabe who is that?" my dad asked me.

"Who?" I then looked to his pointing finger. "Oh, her, she's named Trixie a-" I was cut off by Trixie. With a clear of her throat I sighed. "Sorry, this is The Great and Powerful Trixie," I reintroduced.

"It's nice to meet you," Trixie said with an elegant fake voice.

Dad sighed and looked at my mom. "Gabe, honey, what is she doing here?" my mom asked.

"Uh...that's the thing, I don't know what she's doing here," I admitted.

Dad looked at the animated pony. "What should we do?" my mom wondered.

Finally my bother spoke. "We could keep her, I know that's what would be right," Seth said.

Mom and dad sighed. "I guess we could do that," dad said.

"Remember, she's your responsibility," my mom said.

"Hey! I take offence to that lady!" Trixie hissed.

My mom meant not to offend her. "Sorry, well, I guess you can stay here," my mom thought she would regret this.

"Alright," my dad looked at the clock. "Okay, it's five P.M. I'll get dinner rolling," my dad said.

"What's for dinner? I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Steak, and salad," my dad said.

"So, steak and salad for us, and salad for 'The Great Powerful Trixie' tonight," I said with a glance to Trixie.

"Sounds good, one question though," Trixie looked to me of all the people.

"Shoot, what is it?" I asked with an uneasy ready for the worst face.

"What is steak?" she waited for a fair response.

"Steak, is eh...steak is where we..." I trailed off as I tried to think of words to say. Oh forget it. "Steak is cow, you see, we humans eat cow, we kill it, and we eat it," I looked away to shield me from the blast that was surly coming. It never did though. "Really, care if I try?" my heart sank, Oh shit! She wants to try it! Doesn't she know cows are hooved animals! t's like cannibalize! "Eh...a-are you sure a-about that?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yes," she responded.

I sighed. "Fine, I guess, I guess it’s good I got extra steaks then," I gulped what will she think of it?


I sat at my desk. Trixie looked at me I was typing. Typing something like this:

"Hey there Mister Voxal!" three little girls said moving aside from his path.

He smiled back. "Hi girls h-" Vox stopped as he realized something; the fillies outfits actually. "Uh...girls, why are you wearing that?" he asked.

Sweetie Belle smiled widely. "it's our next cutie mark attempt, some-pony said he needed something that he called a 'consort' I don't know what that means, but he gave us a list of items to buy!" her voice squeaked.

I looked at Trixie. "Yes?" she looked confused.

"What are you writing?" Trixie asked staring at the computer.

I looked at the computer. “I was just retyping this for grandmother is all," I explained.

"But what is it?" she asked again.

"This is called fanfiction," I responded.

Trixie still held her confused look. "A what," she blinked totally lost.

"If you like a story so much that you are not happy with something, well, you make your own story," I explained.

"So, you are writing?" she asked.

"Yes," I said.

We then heard a voice. "Gabe! Trixie, dinner!" my parents yelled.

"C'mon, The Great and Powerful Trixie," I led her to the stairs where she awkwardly walked down the stairs.

We managed to get down. We sat at the table, there five chairs out. Normally it was four, but seeing as we have a new member in the household, we had to get her a chair. She instantly grabbed a small piece of steak and popped it in her mouth. "Eh...is it supposed be this tough?" Trixie asked.

"Huh? Oh, your teeth weren't really meant to eat meat, so, this is a little uncommon," I explained to her who was eating the salad.

"The Great and Powerful Trixie thinks she'll stick to salad and other things of that nature," Trixie held her head high. "Wait, where am I going to sleep?" Trixie just realized.

I tapped my chin. "We'll work on that, you can sleep on the couch," I offered.

"The Great and Powerful Trixie does not sleep on a simple sofa," she proclaimed. I was starting to get a headache. "Just sleep the sofa The Great and Powerful Trixie," I begged her. Sure it was only dinnertime but it's good to know where you sleep. What will happen tomorrow? When we have company over. I can guess it won't be good. Wish me luck. Wish me luck at explaining Trixie to my other family and friends. I know I'll need all the luck I can get.