• Published 28th Jul 2013
  • 3,201 Views, 83 Comments

My Little Decepticon - Astral Sketch



A Decepticon soldier awakens in a strange new world.

  • ...
3
 83
 3,201

Keeping a Low Profile

The entire time Spincap had been talking to Fluttershy it had never occurred to him that he would be seen by any of the other natives. He quickly got to his feet and tried to think of what to do.

Slag! I thought I was still far from the locals? I can't believe I was spotted twice in one solar cycle, how could I have been so stupid?! he thought.

Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash were speechless as they saw the metal giant sitting next to Fluttershy. Then suddenly the giant got up, now that they could see it in its full height their jaws dropped in amazement.

"Oh Spincap, these are some of my friends that also live here in Ponyville," said Fluttershy, "girls I like to introduce you to Spincap, you could say he's new around here."(squee)

"Ah...ah...ah" stammered Twilight.

Before anyone knew it Pinkie Pie had disappeared and reappeared on Spincap's shoulder.

"HI THERE SPINCAP, I'M PINKIE PIE, SO YOUR AN ALIEN THAT'S SO COOL I NEVER MET AN ALIEN BEFORE. WHATS IT LIKE IN SPACE? HOW DO YOU LIKE OUR PLANET? ARE YOU A ROBOT? ARE ALL ALIENS AS BIG AS YOU? WHAT KIND OF CAKE DO YOU HAVE ON YOUR PLANET? OH WE HAVE TO THROW YOU A WELCOME TO EARTH PARTY!"

Spincap just froze there looking at the pink mare who was still talking not knowing what to do.

"How... did you know I was an alien?" he asked.

"Seriously?" said Applejack.

"Right, dumb question," said Spincap.

"Excuse me," said Twilight as she walked to Spincap, "my name is Twilight Sparkle and I just have to say...THIS IS INCREDIBLE! I mean to actually be in the presence of an alien life-form! I have so many questions to ask you. I don't know where to start!"

"Whoa settle down there sugar cube" said Applejack, she then looked up to the giant, "well aren't you a big fella, I'm Applejack and this here is Rainbow Dash."

"What's the big idea siccing that weird ball of yours on us?" said Rainbow Dash suspiciously after she zoomed up to Spincap's face.

*gasp* "Rainbow!" said Twilight and Applejack at the same time.

"Weird... ball?" asked Spincap then it hit him.

What a minute this multi-colored native with the wings and the purple one with the horn, they're the ones I saw on the monitor screen back at the pod he thought.

"You mean the satellite?" he asked, "I don't know a lot about it but it's program to observe."

"Observe? that thing blinded me!" yelled Rainbow Dash.

"I didn't make the thing, it must of thought you were a threat," Spincap replied.

"What do you mean a threat?" Rainbow.

"Rainbow Dash is that anyway to speak to a guest?" said Fluttershy.

...*sigh* "fine never mind" said Rainbow.

"Actually I'd like to know what you meant when you said it was programmed to observe?" said Twilight, "Is it like some kind of computer and was it suppose to observe us?"

He thought about how he should answer Twilight's question and decided that until his fellow Decepticons arrive to get him he was going to need the help of these natives. Which would mean gaining their trust and for now, the best way to do that would be to tell the truth or at least enough of it for now.

"Like I said, I didn't build it but the way I understand it is that whenever a ship crash lands on an alien world it automatically sends out a satellite. It then scans the local areas for sentient life and their level technology so that we can better adapt to the environment."

"But from how deep your ship was inside the mountain you must of landed millions of years ago. Why did it sent it out now all of a sudden?" asked Twilight.

"Wait! you found my ship?!" he replied in disbelief.

Twilight paused for a second as her face turned red.

"I'm sorry, it's just that when we saw your satellite I got so excited that we went to find out where it came from. We found the cave by the mountain and went inside and that's when we found it, but we didn't go inside we left everything as it was," said Twilight.

"O.k. ... I guess that's alright then," said Spincap.

"Oh I knew I'd find you girls here," said Rarity as she came up to them, "you have no idea what kind of day I had. I had to clean up the shop again all because of that second earthqua-"

Rarity was frozen still when she saw a metal giant standing in front of her and as it's red visor looked right at her she place one of her hooves on her forehead and in shock she fainted.

"Rarity... Rarity, wake up!"

After hearing one of her friends calling her name, Rarity opened her eyes to find all five of them standing over her.

"Rarity, are you alright?" asked Fluttershy in a worried tone.

"Yes dear I'm fine," Rarity replied, "silly me for moment there I thought I saw a huge metal monster standing in front of us".

"Uh Rarity, that may not be as silly as you think," said Applejack pointing upwards.

Rarity looked up and like before there was a giant made of metal standing there. Spincap was standing there face palming at the situation he was in.

This is just great! It hasn't been one solar cycle and I've already been seen by six of these natives, so much for keeping a low profile he thought.

When he lowered his hand he saw that the white one that had just showed up had regained conscience. She was looking up right at him but before anyone could say anything she passed out again.

"Not again," said Rainbow Dash.

"Is she going to be o.k.?" asked Fluttershy.

"She'll be fine," said Twilight.

After a few seconds Rarity woke up again and slowly got up as her friends moved back to give her room. She took a moment to gather her thoughts before she spoke to the giant.

"I apologize for that," Rarity said, "It's just that I have never seen anything as... remarkable as you."

"Uh... thanks... I think?" said Spincap.

As Spincap took a quick scan at all these "ponies" he noticed that one of them, the pink one, was missing.

"Wait, weren't there six of you just now?" he asked.

The mares started looking around and that's when they realized Pinkie Pie was missing.

"W... Where did Pinkie Pie go?" asked Twilight.

"I don't know she was here just second ago," said Fluttershy.

Spincap then noticed the position of this planet's sun and realized that it would be getting dark soon. He then decided that now would be a good time to head back to the pod for the night.

"Hey look, it's starting to get dark and I should probably get back the my pod," said Spincap.

"Wait! you can't," said Fluttershy who started to blush after raising her voice.

"What why?" Spincap asked confused.

"Well... it's just... because..." Fluttershy started to hesitate.

"You see it's because to get back to your pod you would have to go through the Everfree Forest and it's not safe to go inside at night," explained Twilight.

"What do you mean not safe?" said Spincap.

"Well there are many strange and scary creatures in there and some of them come out at night," said Applejack.

"I think I'll be fine I mean come on look at me, on this planet I think I'm bigger than anything that's in there," said Spincap.

"There are creatures that are bigger than you," said Fluttershy.

"...What?" he said.

"It's true," said Applejack, "As big as you are, you're not the biggest thing we've ever seen and some have been rumored to come out when its dark. That's the reason why nopony ever goes into the forest, especially at night."

Spincap was silent for a moment as he processed this information then he remembered his little run in with the "Scraplet" earlier.

"Well then I guess I can wait till morning It's not like I'm in a rush to go back," said Spincap.

"But where are you going to stay for the night?" asked Twilight.

"... That's a good question," he replied, "I kind of want to keep a low profile."

"That's probably a good idea the other ponies in town will probably won't react as well as we did to seeing an armored giant walking around," said Twilight.

"But where could he possibly stay where he won't be seen?" asked Rarity.

"He could use the barn back at the farm" said Applejack.

"That's a great idea," said Twilight, "What do you think Spincap is that o.k. with you?"

"I don't know what a barn is but if its big enough it should be fine," said Spincap.

"You don't know what a barn is?" Applejack said in disbelief.

"Just one problem," said Rainbow Dash, "how are we gonna get him to Sweet Apple Acres without him being seen. I mean look at how tall he is, it's gonna be kind of hard not to be noticed even if we do use a different route."

"Well I can probably use my alt-mode, I won't be as tall and since it's getting dark it'll make me less noticeable then you can take me to this barn," said Spincap.

"Alt-mode?" asked Twilight.

"Short for Alternate mode, meaning I can transform," said Spincap.

"Really? that's incredible do you think you could show us?" asked Twilight.

"Alright," said Spincap.

He then took a few steps back so that the five mares aren't in the way and then he started his transformation. The five mares were astounded at what they were seeing, They watched the metal parts that made up his anatomy shifted as they folded and unfolded. It was over in seconds and the end result was something completely different from the alien they had just met. He was no longer a bipedal giant. He had turned into what looked like a metal carriage. He was significantly smaller than before with four wheels and a roof and it had a design that was sleek as if built for speed.

"So... marvelous," said Rarity with glistening eyes, "such sleek and smooth design."

"That was so... awesome" said Rainbow Dash.

"I'm ready to go," said Spincap from a speaker.

He then opened the doors so that the five ponies can enter.

"It might be faster if all of you got in, that way you can give me directions to this barn thing" he said.

They were hesitant at first but then they decided to go inside.

"I call shotgun!" yelled Rainbow Dash.

All five of them were now inside of Spincap's vehicle mode, Applejack sat at where the driver's seat would be so that she could better give directions to Sweet Apple Acres. Rainbow Dash sat next to her and Twilight sat in the back seat between Rarity and Fluttershy. The three of them felt a little crowded in the back but were otherwise fine. Spincap then started to drive and as he did so he followed Applejacks directions. It was now dark outside and they were able to avoid going into town and after several minutes of driving they finally made it into the Apple family farm.

"What does this barn look like?" asked Spincap.

"It's just down that way you can't miss it, also a'h still can't believe you don't know what a barn is. Don't they got farms where you're from?" said Applejack.

"No, I don't even know what a farm is or what there for," answered Spincap.

"I can see the barn!" said Rainbow.

Spincap stopped a few yards from the barn and open his doors to let the mares out. Although the barn was large enough, the doors on the other hand were too small for Spincap to enter in his robot form so he stayed in vehicle mode. Applejack and Rainbow Dash walked up to the doors and began to open them for the Cybertronian. The other three ponies followed as he slowly rolled inside the barn and once they were in Applejack and Rainbow Dash closed the doors behind them. The inside of the barn was completely dark, Spincap then transformed back into his robot mode.

"I didn't know it would be this dark inside," said Spincap.

"That's strange the lantern should be right here," said Applejack.

Then suddenly the entire barn lit up with streamers in the air and horns blowing.

"SURPRISE!!!"

Cheered Pinkie Pie along with a huge crowd of ponies inside the barn. Then suddenly a record player could be heard stopping along with several gasps as the entire crowd inside looked at the giant that had just entered.

"Scrap"

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading, I hope everyone enjoyed it and comments are welcomed.