• Published 5th Oct 2011
  • 1,839 Views, 6 Comments

Magship is Friendic! - Zarius9998



A particular jealous griffon...a moody Moon Goddess, and a missing Twilight Sparkle? Uh-oh!

  • ...
 6
 1,839

Stressful days...lovely nights

Chapter 3- Stressful days...lovely nights

"H...hah!" Apple Jack, once again, shouted triumphantly at her harvest, "It may be, ah...two in th' mornin' but...I got mah harvestin' done!" the earth pony got her third enormous pile into their boxes and stored away, this time without a hitch. The second batch had been ruined while boxing them, as some freak wind blew by and sent the cart they were in down into a stream. She was offered help by her family, of course, but she wouldn't let what she thought were her mistakes cause the others to work harder, "Now...ah I get t' hitt'n the hay!" she yawned, slowly making her way to the house for some well needed shut-eye, "Hopefully t'morrow won't be s'bad..." she hoped.

Of course she was wrong...

----------------

At that very moment, the ever hyper pink party pony, Pinkie Pie, bounced her way towards Rarity's boutique, a plate of cupcakes atop her head. It was a wonder that they never fell off, yet bounced around with her.

"I can't wait to see their happy faces after they eat these!" Pinkie shouted joyfully, not fully realizing that it was the middle of the night, "It's kinda sad that the first batch disappeared, though...they never got the satisfaction of being eaten by a hungry pony!" she giggled, pausing in her bouncing and placing a hoof to her chin in thought, "I wonder what it's like to be eaten...?" shrugging, she continued on her way, happily humming a song.

Once she reached her destination, Pinkie brought a hoof up and knocked on Rarity's door, her anticipation building at the thought of what her friend's reaction would be once she saw her fresh batch of scrumptious cupcakes designed to look like Rainbow Dash. Surprisingly, Rarity actually opened the door after only a few short seconds.

"Pinkie? What are you doing here so late...?" Rarity asked, looking around at the nighttime around them.

"I baked these cupcakes for you to give to Dashie!" she exclaimed happily, jumping, doing a backflip, then catching the tray holding the cupcakes, "Tadaaa!"

Rarity stared back and forth between the excited pink pony and the tray, utter confusion plastered all over her face, "Uh...Pinkie Pie...there's nothing on the tray, Dear..."

Pinkie giggled at this, "Whaddya mean, silly filly! Of course there's-WHAAA!?" Pinkie looked to the tray to find Rarity wasn't lieing. The tray was as barren as a desert, "But...but..."

Rarity didn't really know what was going on, and she actually didn't want to know, so she tapped Pinkie's shoulder, bringing her attention from the tray to her, "Pinkie, it's past two in the morning and you really need to get some sleep. I know I need some well deserved beauty sleep, dear..." Rarity yawned daintily, "Go home, Pinkie Pie. You, for once, look tired."

Pinkie had to admit that, after baking the same dish the entire day, she really felt exhausted. Maybe she just left them at the bakery? No...she clearly remembered putting them on the tray, "Okay..." she muttered sadly, turnig and heading home, "Sorry for waking you..."

Rarity waved goodbye before closing the door, "I was actually not asleep, yet..." Actually, she was already up, making a few finishing touches on her journal for the day. And oh what a...lovely couple of pages she had filled...minus the beginning, anyway. Rarity walked her way back to her room, making sure not to make too much noise. Upon entering her room, she walked over to a small desk in the far corner. A small lamp was on and shining on her recently completed journal for the day. She stopped beside it and read over the last few pages of perfectly neat cursive writing silently with a small grin...

-----------------

...thankfully, she didn't complain or resist as much as I thought she would when I literally dragged her home. Well, she DID have a concussion, so maybe resisting might have been a bad idea, now that I think about it more...So upon arriving back at the boutique, I told her to wait while I ran a bath for her. She gave me a look of protest and annoyance, continuing to insist that she would be fine, but I merely shrugged and waved her off with a smile. She stopped talking after I flashed her the smile, oddly enough.

After the bath was all set, I started to help Rainbow Dash in, but she tried to resist, much to my displeasure...

"Rarity! You don't need to baby me like this!" she complained, backing away.

"I am not babying you!" I shouted, "What if you slipped? And hit your head...." I trailed-off refusing to think of such a terrible thought...and giving Rainbow a bit of a sob-show.

"Rarity...c'mon..." she said quietly, walking over to me and comforting me. Albeit, she moved a bit awkwardly, but it's the thought that counts, I guess, "If you'll really feel better about...giving me a bath, then..." she trailed off this time, "Plus...don't you need one as well?"

I would normally take such a statement as an insult to my beauty, but, seeing as I WAS covered in dirt, AND she just offered to let me take a bath with her...oh! I could barely prevent myself from jumping and clapping my hooves in joy.

Rainbow Dash seemed to be apprehensive the whole time we shared the bath. I guess it was because she had never done anything this personal with anypony else. Fluttershy and I would sometimes help clean eachother during our spa visits in the hot tub...I-in a completely platonic manner, of course! And, actually, I am a bit embarrassed to say that I was in a fluster the entire bath. Although, Rainbow's childish annoyance and complaining every time I started to soap-up her mane or coat...well, let's just say it did more than make me giggle...I'm surprised she didn't notice that I rubbed her body a bit more than what was probably necessary, but I was enjoying leaning over her shoulder and wrapping my arms around her too much to really notice I guess.

Once the bath was done, and we dried ourselves off, I lead the now sparkling clean Rainbow Dash up to my personal room.

"Rarity...PLEASE don't tell me you're going to make me sleep on YOUR bed..." she whined once we got there.

'Aww...' I thought, 'She doesn't want me to go out of my way to help her so much...too baaad!' "But of course I do!" I countered, turning on her and giving her a bright and devilish grin, "You are a guest in my residence, and a hurt one, no less..." I walked beside the annoyed pegasus, leading her to my bed through a series of gentle nudges, "It's only proper of me to give you the special treatment." With one more push, Rainbow flopped down onto my bed, "But I do request that you not make a complete mess of my bed, Dashie..."

I uttered her nickname before I could catch myself, placing a hoof over my mouth after realizing what I had said, "Dashie...? Since when did you ever call me by anything less than my full name?" she asked me curiously, sitting up with a quizzical look.

"Oh...it just slipped out, is all..." I answered with a nervous laugh, "Now get some rest!" I demanded pushing her back down gently.

Rainbow Dash seemed like she had some questions to ask, but fortunately, she did as I asked and turned over. I was just glad she obeyed without much trouble this time. After that, I waited beside the bed until she was asleep, watching over her with a loving smile. I knew without a doubt that she was asleep when she suddenly turned about in her sleep, her mane splayed about with a hoof across her chest and her mouth hanging wide open. I stifled a giggle at the...how should I say?...unique sight.

I looked about my room cautiously before leaning down and planting a quick kiss on my little pegagus' cheek. Now I'm off to the guest bed...maybe one day I can sleep in the same bed as her...here's hoping!

Ta-taa!
~R

-----------------

Rarity sighed in delight, looking over to her sleeping companion, 'Heh...someday.' She then left Dash to sleep, turning her lantern off.

---------------

Luna paced around Twilight's room, thoughts flying through her mind frantically. She definitely just received a telepathic message from another magic user not too far away. From the sound of the user's voice, Luna had put together a scenario on what was happening.

"The voice, if I remember correctly, is Twilight's, meaning that the reason she's been gone is the same reason she sent a distress message..." Luna stopped her pacing, biting her lower lip, "Ugh...I could probably track the message...but it was so weak and short...plus, I think it was an open broadcast, making it harder to track..." Luna sighed, heading for the stairs so she could start, "I could get my sister's help on this...she'd probably do it better, anyway..." Once outside into the moonlight, Luna grinned, "Or I could do it myself! Yeah, it'd be a bit annoying, but I think this'll be a perfect way to start that bonding process my sister wanted me to get into, or something." So with that semi-helpful thought in mind, Luna used her magic to bring her cloak back out of the Library, wrapping it around her with the moon casting it's dim and serene light through the cloudless night, "Maybe I'll get to take my frustration out on somepony along the way, too!"

-----------------

YAY, Luna's big night finally happened! I LOVED IT! Especially since she kinda fit my judgement of her personality from JUST the second episode of Season 1. The only things I had wrong was her SEVERE lack of modern scial skills. I just thought she'd act kinda loud or really quiet, not loud and super old-fashioned...as well as refer to herself as herseLVES. I just didn't really get that plural thing. Did she mean her and the moon?...I don't know, but HEY! LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNA! Amirit?

Comments ( 2 )
#1 · Oct 23rd, 2011 · · ·

The plural thing is the 'Royal We' and is used by royalty IRL. If memory serves it's supposed to represent that the royalty is speaking on something else's behalf, but I can't remember if it is god, or country, or what.

16980

Thanks for clarifying!

Login or register to comment