• Published 28th Jul 2013
  • 2,228 Views, 46 Comments

The Trespassers - Coffee dot exe



Equestria Is Not Under Attack, It Is On The Verge Of Extermination

  • ...
4
 46
 2,228

Enter Mustang Hyperion

“Where the HELL have you been, ranger?”

Stacker Mori cringed as the marshal’s voice rang in his ears. He stood in Dr. Parallel’s lab, surrounded by Parallel himself, The princesses, Shining Armor, and six others he had not met before.

“I was... deterred, sir.” He replied, standing at attention, as if he were in Hanson’s presence. “I had a run in with the natives of this world.”

“And who exactly are these natives, Mr. Mori?” Herc asked, his patience wearing thin.

“They are a race of horse like creatures with intelligence that equals, if not surpasses our own. Their natural abilities far exceed our own.”

There was a pause on the other end of the telecom.

“Are they a threat?”

Mori gave a sideways glance at Celestia before replying, “No sir, they are a mostly peaceful race. They only seem to retaliate to threats if the threats are deemed unable to cooperate with peaceful negotiations. They are currently facing a far worse threat than they have encountered before, sir.”

“What do you mean?”

“Kaijus are attacking their world, too sir.”

There was another, longer pause.

“Ranger, I want you to be straight with me. What do you mean Kaiju are attacking them?”

“Exactly how it sounds sir. I have seen photographic evidence of these creatures attacking this world. They have encountered an Axe Head, a Knife Head, and an Onibaba. I am one hundred percent sure of Kaiju existence in this world.”

“You are to return to our world immediately.” Herc said sternly.

“I am standing right next to the dimensional tear entry point, sir. I will be coming through soon.”

“Very well, Marshal Hanson out.”

The telecom went silent as Mori turned to the Princess. “Dr. Parallel and I will begin the tearing sequence, ma’am.

“Can somepony tell us just what in tartarus is going on here?”

Everyone turned towards a purple unicorn standing in the group of six ponies Mori had not previously met.

“Twilight, I apologize for not telling you or your friends why I have summoned you here today.” Princess Celestia said to the unicorn. “This creature, Stacker Mori, is, what he calls himself, a human. He is from another universe outside our own who appeared when Dr. Parallel attempted to open a portal between our world and his. He could be our only hope of defeating the Terrovores, or as his kind call them, Kaiju.”

Twilight gave Mori a suspicious look, who had walked over to Dr. Parallel in order to help him prepare the device for the tear.

“And just how can he help us?” She snorted.

Celestia shook her head and looked at Twilight. “His kind have fought and defeated these monsters before, they have some kind of weapon that they used to destroy the bridge these monsters used to gain access to his world.”

“And just how can we trust him? We are fighting a losing battle, and he happens to show up and offer us salvation and asks for us to just enter his world?”

“Twilight, I understand your distrust, but we are too close to defeat to not give this a shot. His kind could be the push we need to win this.”

“Ummm, Princess?” Parallel’s voice interrupted their conversation. “We may have a problem.”

Celestia turned towards him and approached the desk. “What’s wrong, Doctor?”

Parallel turned the laptop screen towards the princess. “Take a look at the atmosphere diagnostic for Mr. Mori’s world.”

Princess Celestia leaned in to observe the charts covering the screen. “I’ve never been very good with technology, Doctor, what does this mean?”

“Well.” Dr. Parallel began. “Our world’s atmosphere contains almost half oxygen and half nitrogen. Due to our atmosphere remaining almost consistently at these levels, Our bodies have adapted to accept and survive in these conditions. Mori’s homeworld’s atmosphere is almost eighty percent nitrogen and only twenty percent oxygen. Due to these highly different levels of oxygen, our lungs would be poisoned within minutes of setting foot into his world.”

“See?” Twilight chimed in. “He wanted to poison us the second we stepped into his world!”

“Twilight, please, calm yourself. I highly doubt Mr. Mori’s intentions were anywhere near poisoning us. Am I correct?” She said, turning towards Stacker.

“This is news to me, ma’am.” He replied. “I was completely unaware of your world’s atmospheric composition.”

Celestia nodded and turned back to Twilight. “See?”

As Twilight shot Mori a suspicious look, Celestia turned back to the human and the doctor. “This does pose a problem for us, though.”

Everyone gave the princess a confused look.

“Lucky for us, though,” She added. “I have an idea.”

She lowered her head and pointed her horn at the Ranger. “Mr. Mori, would you mind holding still?”

Mori took a step back, questioning the Alicorn’s actions.

Celestia simply smiled. “No need to worry, I am simply going to use my magic to scan your body’s biology.”

Mori kept the look of concern but stood straight at attention, willing to allow Celestia to proceed. “Go ahead, ma’am.”

Celestia nodded and closed her eyes. A pink glow began to emanate from her horn. It grew and grew until a burst shot from it and connected with Ranger Moris body. A pink aura encompassed his body and lifted him temporarily, pulses shooting all around him. After about twenty seconds, he was lowered to the ground once more and the aura dissipated.

Celestia smiled and raised her head. “Finished!”

Mori looked at his arms as he held them in front of him. “What exactly did you do?”

Celestia simply smiled again. “ I used a spell to essentially copy your body’s biological structure. I can use it to allow us ponies to enter your world.”

Mori paused for a moment before giving her a confused look. “So... you’re going to turn everyone here into-”

“-Into humans, yes.” Finished Celestia.

“Hold on!” Twilight interjected, running between Celestia and Mori. “You want us to become one of his kind?”

Mori shifted uncomfortably at Twilights words.

“If you have a better idea, please let me know.” Celestia said to her student genuinely.

Twilight opened her mouth for a response, but shut it again when she could not give a second option. She turned and rejoined the other ponies.

Celestia’s horn began glowing once more. “If anypony here does not wish to join us in this, please leave now.”

Everyone stood still, waiting for their princess to proceed.

“Very well.” She said, finally. The glow began to brighten and grow. A pink aura grew to encompass everyone, save for Mori. The light grew brighter until Stacker had to shut his eyes to shield them. The light slowly died away and Mori opened his eyes once more. His jaw dropped at what he saw.

Where each pony once stood, ten human forms had replaced them. Each human was outfitted with a unique variation of Mori’s Pan Pacific Corps Biohazard/ Pilot Suit. As Moris suit was jet black, each of the suits seemed to be colored based on the color of their respective coats of fur.

“I hope this will allow us to enter your realm” Princess Celestia, now a tall woman in a white suit. Her helmet was adorned with a decal similar to her crown. She removed her helmet to reveal her unchanged multi-colored hair.

“Yeah...” Mori said, shocked. “That should work just fine...”

“This is so awesome!”

Everyone turned to the source of the outburst. Pinkie pie was smiling widely back at them. Her armor neon pink, her curly mess of hair bursting out from under the helmet. She pulled the helmet off and began looking at herself and everyone else who had transformed closely. “I’ve got fingers and feet and toes and hands and ears and teeth and-”

“We had those last two already, Pinkie.” Twilight said, examining her body. “This will take some getting used to..” She said, attempting to practice walking on two legs.

The rest of the converted followed suit and began adapting to their new forms.

“This is going to suck.” Muttered Rainbow Dash, looking at her back. “I can’t even fly!”

Mori turned and smiled a bit at Rainbow Dash’s remark before Celestia cleared her throat to speak.

“Dr. Parallel, are you ready to activate the tear?” She asked.

Parallel turned to her, almost tripping over his own feet. “Uh, yes ma’am. Location set, power rerouted to the Dimensional Doorway. Ready on your command.”

“Go ahead.”

Dr. Parallel nodded and carefully formed his hand to have his index finger extended and pressed a key on his laptop. The machine whirred to life. The blue sparks began to spark into existence and a small window appeared fairly quickly. The automated voice slowly activated. “Window parameters holding consistently. Preparing for full breach.”

The window began stretching farther. Everyone could a grey, plain room on the other side of the window.

“Window at full capacity. Currently holding at two meters in diameter.” the automated voice said.

“Hey...” Twilight began said with an astonished tone. “That voice sounds just like me!” She looked at Parallel confused. He opened his mouth to defend himself until Celestia chimed in.

“Ranger.” She said, addressing Mori. “You and Shining Armor enter first.”

Mori and Shining exchanged a look of mutual indifference and nodded to the princess. They walked side by side towards the tear. The tear rippled as they entered. Their outlines could be seen vaguely through the window in the other room.

Two by two, the others entered. The last to enter was Dr. Parallel. He stood nervously in his lab. “Come on, you can do this....” He muttered to himself over and over. He finally sucked in and hauled towards the portal. He flew through the portal. As he passed through he yelped as he ran straight into one of the others who entered before him. The entire group stumbled and fell upon Parallel’s impact.

Parallel opened his eyes once he had landed. He stared straight into Twilight’s eyes. He was laying right on top of her. She gave him an irritated look. “Uh.... Fancy seeing you here?” He said nervously before she shoved him off her.

“Ugh” Grunted Twilight said, as she stood up and steadied herself against a tall structure next to her. “Now Mori, where is this “Amazing Weapon” your race has made to fight the monsters?” She said sarcastically.

“You’re leaning against its toe.” He replied, pointing straight up.

“What are you...” Twilight began before trailing off.

Everyone followed Moris finger. Their eyes shot wide open at what stood before them. Made completely out of metal, it was nearly one hundred and twenty meters tall. It had short, stocky, bent legs. Its torso was thick and wide. A symbol depicting an eye with angel wings extending from either side was painted onto the center of its chest. Its arms hung like that of a gorillas. Between its broad shoulders, a head resembling the cockpit of a stealth bomber hung inanimate. Two large metal plates surrounded the head from the top and sides, seemingly for protection. Scores of other humans were rushing around them, carrying supplies and tools. They climbed up and down ladders along the behemoths legs, repairing damaged portions. Gigantic structures surrounded the mechanical behemoth. Walkways extending from the structures allowed workers to repair parts on the upper half of the automaton.

“Everyone...” Mori said, smirking. “Say hello... To Mustang Hyperion.”

For a full thirty seconds the entire group stood awestruck.

“Hello Mustang Hyperion!”

“Shut up, Pinkie.” Rainbow Dash muttered.

Comments ( 24 )

Only one thing left to do... SOUNDTRACK TIME!

2992889

You already posted that, ya dingus.

:rainbowhuh:

Please they'll me they rebuilt Cherno Alpha... That thing was boss:rainbowdetermined2:

2992945

Unfortunately, Cherno Alpha is retired from service (read: dead as a door nail)

I will be giving this story new, original Jaegers.

The first being the recently revealed Mustang Hyperion.

The next four, well, you'll meet them in due time.

:raritywink:

punch twilight in the face

2993103 Awww:applecry:. But I take it that it's safe to assume that your Jägers are sixth (possibly seventh) gen? Because if I recall correctly, we Aussies had Striker Eureka, which was the only fifth gen machine out there:moustache:

2993217 Dude. I couldn't agree more... She's become such a cynical bitch eh:twilightangry2:

2993217

Is that an order or what you want to do?

:derpyderp1:

2993278

Twilight will get more than her fair share of punches, from both humans and Kaijus, in the coming chapters. So don't worry.

:moustache:

2993254

To be fair she did almost get killed by a Kaiju, AND she's the voice and face of order in the post Kaiju attack Equestria. So for some strange creature to show up and SOMEHOW have a saving grace in his universe seems a little too good to be true. So cut her a bit of slack on the trust department.

But as I said to Valeyard, She'll get her fair share of punches

:raritywink:

2993303 Fair enough. Lol I can just imagine Pinkie in a jäger... I'd fucking run so hard:pinkiecrazy:

2993360

I've got five Jaegers and ten possible pilots. Pinkie will DEFINITELY be one of them.

:pinkiehappy:

2993459

In GLaDOS voice: Powering up "Party Cannon"....


:pinkiehappy:

oh pinkie never change

A average Yeager is about 925 billion dollars so bitch they need money to pay the humans baby:pinkiehappy:

3019586

"Oh, monstorous alien creatures are destroying your world and all your loved ones?? That'll cost ya"

Yeah, no. The humans ain't dicks like that.

:rainbowhuh:

3088623 not 4 my life ppl ask 4 money when ever I need help I need sow, new friends :pinkiesad2:

“Our world’s atmosphere contains almost half oxygen and half nitrogen. Due to our atmosphere remaining almost consistently at these levels, Our bodies have adapted to accept and survive in these conditions. Mori’s homeworld’s atmosphere is almost eighty percent nitrogen and only twenty percent oxygen. Due to these highly different levels of oxygen, our lungs would be poisoned within minutes of setting foot into his world.”

Credit where it's due, this is a detail worthy of notice, adding an extra touch of sci-fi flavor to the preceedings.

I can use it to allow us ponies to enter your world

I don' think "us ponies" is something Celestia would say... she's a bit better-spoken than that.

Mori paused for a moment before giving her a confused look. “So... you’re going to turn everyone here into-”
“-Into humans, yes.” Finished Celestia.

... Uh...
Is that necessary? Well, maybe if you want the ponies to pilot human-based Jaegers, but still. This issue would be easily solved with an oxygen mask.

Everyone turned to the source of the outburst. Pinkie pie was smiling widely back at them. Her armor neon pink, her curly mess of hair bursting out from under the helmet. She pulled the helmet off and began looking at herself and everyone else who had transformed closely.

Wait, the others are here now? I guess I missed that! Might be because they haven't gotten a SINGLE LINE OF DIALOGUE before this in the ENTIRE STORY.

“Hey...” Twilight began said with an astonished tone. “That voice sounds just like me!”

I... I...

What are you getting at with this? That Twilight sounds like GLaDOS? Because I don't get it, she does NOT.

“Everyone...” Mori said, smirking. “Say hello... To Mustang Hyperion.”

Wait, they have Jaeger's up, running and operational right NOW? Why? I'd understand having backups in the event of another Kaiju invasion, but elsewise I'd imagine they'd just decommissioned husks propped up as museum exhibits.

I'll keep reading, but I gotta say, this isn't living up to the strong start we had in chapter one.

2993475 ? r there gonna be pony jaggers or they gonna stay human to pilot them:derpyderp1: plus y is twi actin like such a bitch

3190138

1) thank you for all the critique, I will definitely work on my tense issues, as I have been called out on it before. It is one aspect I have issues with.

2) On the turning them into humans, that is for them to be able to enter the Human dimension. I have story plans far ahead in advance on how the Jaegers will be piloted. This was simply so the group could survive in "our" dimension.

3) I understand the confusion on 'why did this character say this' problems. I do plan on working on that, but honestly, pinning down the exact nature of an established character's dialogue in a situation no one has seen this character react in isn't the easiest challenge to complete, nor is it my main priority.

4) I should have given more context on the fact that the Mane Six are in this segment of the story. It did come out of seemingly nowhere, but at the time, I was focused more on making sure the ponies entering the human world made sense and went smoothly, the details of the Mane Six slipped my mind.

5) That's not the voice of Gipsy Danger's voiceover sequence. It's the voice of Dr. Parallel's portal device. His character, in case it wasn't painfully obvious at this point, has an obsession/crush/both with Twilight. He tried emulating the voice of his device to sound like her. Creepy? Yes. That's the point. You're not supposed to instantly love this character.

6) Did the American Government scrap every nuclear bomb they made? Hadn't they made a few more made since World War 2? The Jaegers are extremely powerful and useful weapons, they're not going to scrap the project that proved itself worthy of stopping a full blown planet wide extinction. And they're certainly going to make a couple in case the now very pissed off aliens decide to return. Mustang Hyperion was not made for pony pilots. It is a Mark VI Jaeger. A newer one made after the Kaiju war ended. An untested weapon.

3189826

1) Both of these races have encountered dimension hopping monsters. An overall first impression distrust is only natural. Also Mori's character is sort of a over-confident soldier. Cocky, but able to handle himself when things go south.

2) How is Shining Armor reacting illogically? He is the leader of his world's military and has lost many of his men to monsters. Why would he trust anything that comes hopping through a dimension? What the creature looks like is past him at this point. Most of the story's characters have gotten close to their breaking point. Don't let your guard down.

3) Why would a dungeon have good living conditions? It's not contradiction of technologies, it's the purpose of the room. The culture of the world is also a factor. I can't see royal guards uaing a nypd-esque interrogation room. Dungeons seem much more possible.

4) Ever heard the term "That was a little too easy"? Applies here. Usually, prisoners of war have this unwillingness to tell the truth to their captors, simply under the notion of, "I'm captured, these guys did it, better not give them any info that might hurt me or my people." So when a prisoner just hands you information on a silver platter, you seem a bit hesitant to believe he's actually telling the truth.

5) Mori says he is a soldier before. Shining hasn't assumed anything.

6)Stacker Mori's family history will be revealed as the story progresses. Questions like these are like when you're watching a movie with someone who hasn't seen it, and you have, asks stuff like, "So are those two guys Jaeger pilots?" "When are they gonna go to hong kong?" If you have a question relating to a plot point that hasn't been explained yet, and the story hasn't reached its midway point, keep faith that the plot will widen and things will be explained as the story progresses.

Again, thank you for all the critque and advice. I realize this is not a perfect story, or even a particularly impressive one. But this 4 chapters of many, many more to come. I plan on improving my writing as this story expands, as should be done with any skill set. Practice may not make perfect here, but it will yeild better results as time moves on.

Login or register to comment