• Published 28th Jul 2013
  • 2,225 Views, 46 Comments

The Trespassers - Coffee dot exe



Equestria Is Not Under Attack, It Is On The Verge Of Extermination

  • ...
4
 46
 2,225

Alternative Solutions

“-After eight hours, The Princesses were finally able to defea-”

“-eaths rose into the thousands. The Terrovore had taken out thirty city blocks befo-”

“-Riots are forming all around the country. We need a solut-”

Twilight stopped flipping through channels. She turned towards the Equestrian council room, filled with ponies, pegasi, and unicorns from all across the country. “These attacks will not stop. We cannot keep relying on the Princesses. The amount of damage to the cities and environment is too great. We must find an alternate defense.”

Chatter broke out amongst the council delegates. Words like “wall” and “magical barrier” kept being tossed around. Twilight felt an uneasiness rise within her. She knew a cowardly solution like building walls would not help stop these things from attacking us. She knew we needed an offense. And an effective one. Soon.

As the council meeting drew to a close, Twilight began packing her supplies. Maps, papers on the biology and behavior of the Terrovores, Notes on the strange portal phenomena associated with the monster appearances, and other related information were gathered by her magic and slipped into her satchel. She exited the council chamber and headed for the exit.

“Hold the door! Hold please!”

Twilight turned as she left the new capitol building in Ponyville. A tall, lean unicorn stallion came stumbling through the door. He was light green and had a brown, bedheaded mane. He had two satchels overflowing with papers and folders. As he passed Twilight, he almost tripped over himself trying to stop. “Thank you. Sorry, papers flying everywhere, I sometimes tend to lose my bal-” He paused, getting a good look at Twilight.

“You’re- You’re Twilight Sparkle!” He exclaimed excitedly.

“I am.” Twilight replied simply, giving a small smile.

“I have something you need to see!” He said, turning to remove something from his satchel. As he lifted one of his folders, stacks of papers began pouring out along with it.

“Oh no. Oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no!” He cried, dropping the folder and trying to re arrange and grab all of his fallen notes.

“Look, Mr...” Twilight began.

“Dr. Parallel” The unicorn said, correcting Twilight as he continued fumbling with his papers. “You are going to love what I’ve got to show you!”

“Dr. Parallel, I’m sure I will, but you seem preoccupied with your papers, and I have a busy schedule. If you need to show me something, feel free to set up an appointment.” Twilight said uneasily, just wanting to go home.

“But Ms. Twilight, what I’ve discovered could change the way we go about stopping these creatures forever!” Parallel retorted, trying to grab his papers and catch up with the departing chancellor.

“And I would love to hear it, I just can’t talk at the moment” Twilight said as she rounded the corner of a nearby building, ready to head home.

Parallel stood by the door of the capitol building, disheartened as Twilight disappeared from view. He lowered his head and sighed, slowly gathering the last few papers on the ground and headed back to his home.

~

As Twilight entered her home, she couldn’t help but feel bad for Parallel. She left him with his mess of papers without so much as a helping hoof. She shook her head in exasperation and shrugged off her feeling of guilt.

“Hey Twilight.”

“Hello Spike.” Said Twilight to her dragon helper.

Spike stood on the bookshelf ladder, returning some of Twilight’s research book to their rightful places. “How did the meeting go?”

Twilight groaned and dropped her satchel by the door to the kitchen.

“Not so well, I’m guessing....” Spike said worried.

Twilight poured herself a glass of water. “Those walls, Spike! That’s all they ever talk about!” She returned to the main room and slouched into her chair. “Ever since the third attack on Manehattan, the only solution these nutjobs can think of is to hide behind some brick and mortar. We need to stop these things, not hold them back. We need to live, not to survive...” She sighed as she took a sip of water.

Spike hopped down from the ladder and climbed onto one of the chair’s armrests. “You’re resourceful.” He insisted. “You should present an idea.”

“I don’t have any time to think, Spike.” Twilight said. “As chancellor, my duties are stretched as far and wide as possible. I haven’t been able to see any of my friends...”

Spike frowned and patted Twilights back. “Come on now Twilight... I’m sure the others understand. You’re trying to save the world for crying out loud!” Spike said reassuringly.

Twilight shrugged. “Well if I’m trying to save the world... I’m doing a lousy job of it....”

Spike crawled over and lay against Twilight’s stomach. He wrapped his arms around one of Twilight’s legs and said, “I think you’re doing great...” He closed his eyes and began to doze off.

Twilight looked over at her dragon friend and smiled. She nuzzled his head before laying her head on an armrest and closing her eyes. The two slowly lulled off into sleep together, where they could forget about the troubles of reality.

~

“Argh, how wrong could I possibly be?”

Parallel had been testing the machine for almost four hours. In all those hours, he had no been able to yield one successful activation trial.

“Alright” He sighed. “One. Last Try.”

He trotted over to a tape recorder sitting on his work desk in his home laboratory. He tapped the record button and began tinkering with the strange machine in front of him.

“Dr. Parallel’s work log. Entry #143. I am in my fourth week of nonstop research and testing of the Trans-Dimensional Magi-Tech Transportation Device, or as I call it, the “Dimensional Doorway”. I believe I am close to a breakthr-”

A loud popping spark noise scared the doctor as it fizzled from a control panel on the machine.

“One second” He said, addressing the recorder. He began bashing the side of the machine with a monkey wrench, trying to stop the incessant noise. Finally the noises ceased and Parallel continued his monologue.

“-close to a breakthrough. I’ve done some re-calculations and figured I shot try to aim for a much closer receiving dimension. Wherever the Terrovores are coming from, their dimension is much too far for my-” He took a quick glance at his mess of a contraption. “-humble set up to reach, but if I could connect with a closer dimension, I could theoretically enter that realm, make a second, ahem, stronger doorway and attempt a connection with the Terrovore universe from there. So here’s to a hopefully successful trial run!”

He took a swig from a mug of Apple Acres Cider on his desk and slammed his hoof into a button on the side of the doorway machine.

Every light went out in Parallels house. For almost 20 seconds, he and his machine sat in complete darkness. Suddenly, lights began flashing all over the doorway. A loud humming begin to emanate from the machine. A giddy grin stretched across the doctors face as a computerized voice faded into life.

“Dimensional doorway is now active.” The female voice droned. “Please turn off all other electrical devices in the vicinity."

Small, blue bolts of lightning jolted from one side of the large, halo-like hole in the middle of the device to the other. The bolts began flashing and intersecting faster and faster. Objects began shaking and vibrating all over the lab. Parallel’s eyes were fixated on the very center of the hole.

As the bolts flashed quicker and quicker, they became constant. One by one, each bolt stayed connected with the opposite side of the “doorway” and they formed a constantly warping web.

“Perfect!” Shouted Parallel, dashing over to the control panel and inputting code after code into the keyboard. “Calibrating location and size of dimensional tear...” He began to sweat the more he typed.

“Input data received” droned the female programs voice. “Forming dimensional tear.”

His house shook violently as the bolts flashed brightly and a vaguely triangular window of energy formed in the center of the bolt web.

“Come on, baby...” pleaded the doctor.

The triangular window grew big enough for a pony to stick their head through. As it grew slowly, Parallel could actually see what was on the other side of the doorway.

“This is it! Oh wow, it’s working!” He shouted frantically. He dashed over to his desk and began cataloging what he was seeing. “Uh, I’m seeing through the doorway to another dimension. This is ridiculous. I can see a sky. This dimension has a sky! Haha. It’s got clouds and rain, oh wow rain... And green flora! It has flora like us! This is fantast-”

The rest of his words were drowned out by a sudden high pitched screeching coming from the doorway. The machine kept screeching as the bolts slowly turned from blue to red and the window began to crack.

“What?” Parallel shouted. “No! Nononononono!” He galloped to the control panel to try to stabilize the connection, but was blown back by a small explosion. Suddenly the machine went dark.

“Ah, Come On!” Parallels annoyed voice rang through his lab. The light flickered back on to reveal a small fire coming from the control panel. He groaned and extinguished the fire with magic before heading back to his room across the hall.
As he got into bed, he looked out his window. He could see the slight discoloration of the sky that the magical force field surrounding Ponyville gave off. “I will find a way out of here” He whispered to himself as he closed his eyes.

~

A few hours later, a low humming began coming from the doorway. Sparks flew everywhere as the blue bolts rapidly appeared and connected to form the web. They quickly formed the triangular window and grew to twice the size of an average pony in mere seconds. The window remained open and undisturbed for almost 5 minutes before it began to ripple violently. A strange outline could be seen near the other side of the window. It seemed to reach forward towards Parallels lab. Slowly but surely, something began to slide through into the Equestrian universe. First, an armored hand, followed by its connected arm. The arm remained poking through the window for a few moments before the rest of the figure followed. Covered head to toe in a strange black armor/tight suit combination, the figure stood inside Doctor Parallels lab. Its head was covered by a helmet with a visor that reached from the figures chin up to above its forehead. Tinting of the visor prevented anything from seeing what the figure looked like underneath.

The figure opened a panel on its left arm and began punching in codes. A voice chimes in through its helmet’s communication link.

“This is Marshal Hercules Hansen, have you reached the other side?” said the garbled voice from inside the helmet.

“Ranger Stacker Mori reporting in.” Replied the figure. ”I have reached the other end of the dimensional tear.”