• Published 12th Aug 2013
  • 1,197 Views, 15 Comments

Its Finally Over - serebii

  • ...
4
 15
 1,197

Snake Eyes

Back at the Hooves household, Sparkler and Dinky were occupying themselves while they waited for their mother to come home. Sparkler was sitting in the living room reading a magazine, while Dinky was upstairs doing Celestia knows what.

Sparkler was about to go and check up on Dinky and see why she was making such a racket when the filly shouted from the top of the stairs, “Sparkler! Can you come up here and help me with something.”

Sighing, she tossed her magazine onto the table and walked up the stairs to Dinky room. It was a disaster area: toys were everywhere, books and papers were strewn about, and her bed was unmade. Sparkler looked at her sister and wondered how such a little filly could make such a big mess by herself.

“Dinky, you didn't call me up here to help you clean your room, did you?”

“Noo, I called you up here so you could help me use magic to clean my room. I can’t do it no matter how hard I try.” Dinky’s horn sparked pitifully, as she strained to do magic, before fizzling out completely. She flopped onto the floor, groaning in frustration, “How do you know how to do magic anyway? Mom and Dad aren't unicorns.”

Sparkler had been watching Dinky’s weak attempts at magic with concern; she choose her words carefully before answering, “You're right… they aren't. Dad tried to get me a teacher but then-”

“Really who?” Dinky interrupted, “Do I know them? Do they live in Ponyville?” she asked jumping up with excitement.

“Yeah, you know her. She used to live in Ponyville. But before I tell you who she is,” Sparklers eyes narrowed, “you have to answer my one question.”

Dinky nodded vigorously.

“Why are you trying to learn magic now? Its never come up before, and you've never asked about it.”

Dinky’s excitement was extinguished faster than a fire doused with water. Her smile disappeared, and her bouncing ceased. She turned and walked to her bed with her back turned to Sparkler.

“Dinky…”

She fiddled with the bedsheets.

“Dinky?”

Dinky let out a shaky sigh, and mumbled just loud enough for her sister to hear, “You wouldn't understand.”

Sparkler walked up to her, and with one hoof placed gently under Dinky’s chin she pushed her head up until she could clearly see her face. Tears stained Dinky’s lavender coat. Before Sparkler could say anything, Dinky pulled away and rubbed her eyes. Sparkler gave her a moment to calm herself, but when she heard another sniffle and a stifled sob she pulled Dinky into her lap. Dinky allowed herself to be held. Sparkler enveloped the small filly in a warm hug; holding her tightly against her body, she rested her chin on her sister’s head. Dinky whimpered as she cried i, “I c-c-can’t do anything!” she sobbed“It’s ok Dinky. Shh, don’t cry, don’t cry.” She whispered as she rocked her back and forth.

A few minutes passed before Dinky loosened her grip on Sparkler. She didn't slide off of her lap, but instead rested her head on her sister’s chest. Sparkler stroked her hair, gently untangling the knots that had formed throughout the day, “Dinky you can tell me anything. I'm your big sister, you can trust me, I will always be here for you. You're right, I can't understand everything that happens to you, but you have to at least let me try to help you.”

Dinky sniffled, “I-its just that... you, Mom, and Dad, can all do so much and I can’t! I just feel so useless... If I had magic I could help out more. With everything going on right now I hate the fact that I can't do anything.” Dinky sighed in frustration, but finally saying everything on her mind made her feel better, like a weight had been lifted off her chest.

“Dinky, I completely understand.”

“You do?”

She nodded and pulled Dinky closer to her, “When I was around your age I used to feel that way all the time.” Sparkler frowned, “My friends found out I couldn't use magic and that mom and dad weren't unicorns. They teased me a lot, but I figured it was all in good fun. After all they were my friends, friends tease each other. I didn't realize that they only kept me around just so they could make fun of me and make me do things for them. I was always the one taking school projects home to “finish” for them and “editing” their homework. But, once they all learned how to levitate stuff they didn't want to have me around anymore; they could get what they wanted without having to get up.” Sparkler paused and hugged Dinky closer to her body, her voice cracked, “Dinky, never do what I did ok. I- I was stupid. I just wanted the other foals to like me.”

“But, Sparkler… what- what happened next?”

“One day the teacher told us to get into groups. I wanted to work with my friends, except…” Sparklers voice hitched, “they didn't want to work with me anymore. They said they didn't need some dumb unicorn who couldn't even do simple magic. They said they would never want to work with me, a useless unicorn. I worked alone… and well, it wasn't fun. I thought maybe if they thought I was special then they’d want to be my friends again-

“What’d you do? You didn't tell them that Daddy was a Timelord right? Mom and Dad would've been super mad!”

“No, no… I didn't even know what Dad was back then… but I had seen the Tardis. The first time I ever saw the Tardis I was told it was just a box that Dad liked to keep, but I remember seeing it disappear before. I figured all I had to do was somehow convince my friends it was a magic box. I asked Mom if I could show my friends the magic box, but she wouldn't let me. I tried telling her that I needed to show them the magic box, or else I’d just be stupid nobody. She told me that I should focus on my school work and that if they were really my friends that they’d think I was special without some magic box. I couldn't believe it; I thought mom wanted me to be a loser. Then I thought all I really needed was magic. So I did what you’re trying to do right now: ask Mom and Dad for a magic teacher. Mom would have been fine with any magic teacher, but Dad wanted the best for me!”

“Really, who? Who!?”

“I’ll give you a hint, she used to live in Ponyville when you were a little younger, but she had to leave after she proved what Dad already knew was true.”

Dinky furrowed her eyebrows as she thought hard, she never was that good at riddles. When nothing came to mind, Sparkler finally revealed just who she was talking about.

“Your magic teacher was Princess Twilight Sparkle!?” Dinky shrieked.

Sparkler chuckled, “Well… not exactly. Dad would've liked for me to be taught by Princess Twilight herself (she was just Twilight back then).”

Dinky was lost, “But Sparkler,” she started, “why would Dad want Twilight Sparkle to be your teacher when you’re as old as she is? Wouldn't she have been a baby?”

“Do you think Dad thought time was an issue? For the first time in my life Dad let me into that blue box, it’s so hard to describe that feeling walking into the Tardis and seeing what was inside.”

“Daddy time traveled to Twilight? To when she was a princess? Did you get to see her as a Princess, Sparkler?”

Sparkler smiled, “No, we didn't go that far, but I’m pretty sure Dad knew what she was capable of. She was pretty excited to see Dad, it had been awhile since they-”

“Wait what?” Dinky’s eyes were wide open, “I thought only Mom knew Daddy was a time traveler! ¿How long were they partners, who’d he like better?, well he had to like Mommy better right he married her after all!”

Sparkler pushed her hoof against her mouth, “I’m pretty sure Dad appreciated both Mom and Twilight’s help as his companions,” she said, then giving Dinky a look she removed her hoof from her mouth, “now if you’ll stop interrupting, I’d like to get to the end of this story, it’s waaay past your bedtime.”

Dinky pouted, but kept her mouth shut despite having a million questions to ask, she’d ask Mommy when she came back.

“Right so, Dad asked if Twilight would like to teach me, but she said she couldn't.”

Dinky gasped, but held true to her word and remained silent.

“Twilight told Dad that she didn't have the time to teach me, she had her advanced studies to focus on. However, she did suggest that Dad enroll me in the school she was attending-”

“Celestia’s School for Gifted unicorns.” they said in unison.

Sparkler smiled. Dinky caught on fast, she really was a bright unicorn, a lot sharper than Sparkler was at her age at least. She wondered why Dinky was having such difficulty with magic, perhaps a quick trip to the library for a lesson book would help. Sparkler glanced at the clock, a quarter past eight, to late to be visiting the library, but when did time ever stop anyone. A mischievous smile flitted across her face.

“Hey Dinky, how about we take the Tardis for a little drive?”

Dinky smiled with glee, and with a giggle followed Sparkler down the stairs, through the kitchen and out the back door. She could barely contain herself as Sparkler opened the door to the Tardis. Once inside she was dumbstruck, she couldn't believe how immense it really was. Sure she heard from her Dad, but there were just no words to prepare her for what lay before her.

“It-it’s so…”

“Big.” Sparkler chuckled as Dinky just nodded, still completely blown away. “Dinky you might wanna close your mouth though, wouldn't want a fly to fly in.”

Dinky blinked and shook her head, she gave the Tardis another look before trotting up to Sparkler, who was fiddling with some of the controls.
“Wait so Sparkler… where exactly are we going?”

“Well Dinky,” Sparkler replied, moving to the other side of the core, “it depends on one thing… are you still up for learning some magic?” she popped out on the other side of the core and grabbed Dinky.

Dinky squeaked in surprise but started to giggle as Sparkler lightly tickled her. Between fits of laughter Dinky managed to say yes. Satisfied, Sparkler set her down and began to punch in their destination. Dinky reared up and tried to see what her sister was doing, but her eyes barely peared over the edge of the console.

Sparkler grinned as she pulled one final lever, “And we’re set to… Go!”

The Tardis started to shake and shimmer in and out of view.

“Dinky grab onto something-” Sparkler had barely finished warning Dinky when she felt her small hooves wrap around her front leg. She looked down and saw her pressing her face against her, she was about to comfort her when she heard something strange. Sparkler looked up at the Tardis’ core and saw electricity crackling over the panels and up the center. Dinky whimpered, “Sparkler…. is it supposed to do that?”

“I- uh, I don’t think so,” She rushed to the panel, with Dinky still attached to her leg. This wasn't good, the Tardis was shaking uncontrollably now, the lights were flickering, and, she felt herself lose her equilibrium, starting to spin. She ducked underneath the console and held Dinky tightly as she braced herself for the inevitable crash.

Author's Note:

sorry for the long wait Iv been having a lot of personal problems and I'm trying to fix a lot of problems in my life. this was suppose to come out the day after my B-day but that's when everything started. I wont go into detail but it has not been great for me. anyway I don't know when the next chapter will be my co-writer has not responded to my massages so for now I'm going to put this fic on hold.

if you give anyone credit for this chapter it should be my co-writer Leapingriver I helped but she did most of the work for this one.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment