• Published 28th Jul 2013
  • 4,130 Views, 39 Comments

Equestrian Doom - tankmanbrony

  • ...
6
 39
 4,130

Chapter 14: Blood and Fire

Chapter 14: Blood and Fire


One month later Spike had fully recovered from his injuries. They still plagued him and some nights he was tormented by cruel laughter and hellfire. He was readying his soldiers to march; his unit had suffered some of the worst casualties in the Battle for Canterlot. No reports of any major demonic activity had reached him but Twilight had seemed worried earlier and they were put on high alert. His soldiers were at the ready, preparing to lead the charge into the demon ranks. The veterans of the previous battle were instructing the new recruits on how to fight Hell Knights. The past few days his soldiers had been training to fight the various types of demons they had encountered.

He had reoccurring nightmares of his battle with Gorrog, each time he saw the fist come, thundering towards him and each time he felt himself go flying back into the ramparts. Yet unlike normal dreams he felt the pain each time he was struck, he saw the raw unadulterated hatred in Gorrog’s eyes and smugness in his eyes when he was picked up like a rag doll. His only respite came when he asked Luna to give him a dreamless sleep and only than were his nights not full of pain and terror.

He shook himself, better not to dwell on that.

“Spike, the army is moving out, we’re going on the offensive against the demons.”

“Twilight, what do you mean an offensive, we barely fought them off at our walls. Now we’re going to attack them in the field.”

“Spike, listen to me, if we don’t attack the demons they will only grow more numerous.”

He stood up his height allowing him to see everyone soldier in his battalion.

“We are moving out, we shall be in battle tomorrow, ready yourselves for battle.”

The soldiers looked at each and a murmur swept the assembled troops.

“Our brothers from the Crystal Empire march with us together we number one hundred thousand together we shall drive the demons back into Hell and finally return to our peace that has marked this land for generations.”

They started to file into their positions when they finality cleared the hill and sew the sea of ponies in front of them all moving towards the same target. They were part of a massive army the largest in Equestrian history and were being sent on the most important mission as well.

They marched for the remainder of the day towards the field where the Equestria’s fate would be decided, where there armies would crash against each other in the first pitched battle since Captain Stahl’s stand. The Pegasi had constructed a large storm to ground the aerial demons and keep them as low to the ground as possible. However spike understood exactly what they would be fighting, the most powerful demons Gorrog could throw at them in an arena where their strength would be used to the fullest. He had seen a version of this battle, a massive demon easily dwarfing Gorrog and immensely strong.

The Elements would be there, the most potent weapon they had against Hell and they planned on defeating them here in one decisive strike.

Than he saw the black horizon with red flashes in it, ahead of him and at first thought little of it until he realized exactly what it was, a wall of demons. He heard a dull roar steadily growing in power, like the beat of some vast heart.

“Soldiers, we fight to battle, to war, DEATH!!!!”

Spike looked up and saw Luna flying over the army, her hoof pointing at the demons.

Than something caught his eye, he saw a Black Hell Knight walk out of the army, a glowing red skull in hand, a flash of red light temporally obscured him, yet he saw a shape appear in his arms, white and resembling a pony.

Celestia, he realized. She survived, yet she was limp and Gorrog was almost cradling her body.

“This is your leader, FRAIL, WEAK, AND DEAD” he shouted to them, than he bent his head down, conjuring a fireball and ramming his arm down her throat, and several seconds later, he wrenched out her heart, gore splattering him and ruining her coat, than in one fluid motion biting down and swallowing her heart, and holding her horn in the air, blood running down arm. He then ripped her hind quarters off and took a bit from her thigh.

“CHARGE!!!” Luna scream her voice full of rage and pure hatred.

The command had been given and he felt the army surge forward around him, he was literally pushed by what felt like a battering ram.

The dull roar had transformed to a barrage of roars and howls. The wall of demons exploded towards them Demons leading the charge, there soul chilling howls casting fear into the air, than he saw it the massive demon striding towards them, massive mace like fists, cracked with veins of magma coursing through them. Its head was crowned with a pair of large demonic horns curling towards its mouth, from its back arose a large hornlike protrusion which was veined like its fits with magma.

He saw several soldiers falter but were pushed by forward by the shear flood of bodies around them. He could see the Demons clearly now, their mechanical legs pushing them forward as the pounced on the first ranks. He pushed past several soldiers, and cleaved straight through one that charged him.

He turned and saw a soldier, his throat torn out blood splattering his face, turning he saw one his soldiers torn in half by a Hell Knight

“Wait a Hell Knight”

Turning around he saw the entire demon army rushing towards him, fireballs and plasma balls filling the air.

The armies clashed around him, demons dissolving and ponies dying in too many ways to count. A Hell Knight swung its fist into his chest, knocking him over, gazing into its soulless eyes, he saw it wasn’t grey it was a black Hell Knight. Pushing himself up he grabbed his sword and swung upwards, nearly missing it’s arm.

It swung and he grunted as what felt like a train dislocated his shoulder, falling to one knee he, stared up at the demon, it eyes glaring down on him. It pulled it’s fist back and swung to finish him, yet it never hit him it’s hand smoking as if burned.

Looking around Spike saw Twilight’s horn smoking and she leveled it and charged, he saw the Hell Knight turn and prepared to intercept her, without missing a beat spike grasped his blade and drove it through the demon’s chest, it’s boiling blood running down the blade, he watched it blink once and brought its arms up and lifted him up with the sword sticking out of it,

“Gorrog, I have failed” it said before conjuring a plasma ball and brought it up to his face.

“But I will destroy you, even in death I serve Hell’s heir”

A concussive blast sent him flying, into the air and he crushed a tight knot of maggots and ponies beneath him. He gazed up and crushed an imp’s head in his fist. He looked at where he had been thrown, and saw a massive crater, where the Hell Knight had been standing.

He felt hot breath on his back as something big towered behind him, turning slowly he saw the Guardian standing above him, and it roared in his face, its roar savage and full of unearthly rage.