• Published 29th Jul 2013
  • 1,713 Views, 34 Comments

The Land Before Them - Fat1thatyoulove



The new land of Equestria has been founded, but real peace still lays just out of hoof's reach for the ponies that inhabit this new world. But the great King Sombra is looking to change that through the use of the Crystal Empire's examples.

  • ...
1
 34
 1,713

Epilogue

Chapter 18 – Epilogue

It's been three days since Star Swirl's journey from the Crystal Empire started, and during the time since Aura left the carriage with him the grey stallion has said not a single word. But the three day journey has not come to its end for him as he slowly trots to the still newly built mage tower of the new Unicorn capital.

Swirl's bag hangs close to him as he moves his hoof into it making sure to be careful of its contents, but his hoof returns with a key ring as he moves one of the keys to the door. With a click of the lock he moves inside as he blankly stares to the room he has trotted into.

"Master Swirl!"

The stallion doesn't turn his head to the familiar feminine voice as the purple mare trots from the staircase on Swirl's right side, her happy tone is unchanged by his silence as she nears the stallion, "...I trust that your visit to the Crystal Empire was fair?"

Swirl doesn't answer the mare as he moves his hooves to his bag again as he struggles to bring something from it.

The purple mare squints to the older stallion's silence as she continues to speak, "...I have kept your tower in the same way you left it Master."

Again no answer comes from Swirl as his hooves finally return from his bag with the crystal lizard in its hold. The mare watches a little confused to the animal as Swirl carefully lowers it to the ground, but as the lizard's feet hit the floor it quickly moves from Swirl's grasp as it starts to bob its head around the new and strange room.

Swirl turns to the purple mare as he nods, he clears his throat as he looks over the purple mare, "...Thank you Clover...Now you had best be on your way." Swirl's deep voice hits his own ears a little strange as he listens to it, but he closes his mouth again as he starts to trot past the purple mare.

Clover holds a bit of confusion to the stallion as she watches him, "But Master Swirl, you had told me I would be administered a test on your return."

Swirl stops his trot as he turns back to the mare with a straight face, "Very well Clover..." He clears his throat again as he speaks, "...Your test is to enjoy yourself, to enjoy what you can while you can." At the end of his words his trot comes back to him as he moves further up the stairs.

Clover nods her head as she squint to the words, "Y-yes Master." The purple mare hesitates for a moment as she moves towards the door.

Swirl stays at the top of the staircase for a moment just looking to his study as he waits for the sound of the door. As it shuts he closes his eyes as he takes in a deep breath...But his eyes come back open as he floats his bag to a cleared part of the table, he moves to a seat as the journal comes to set in front of him.

To the new blank page his horn sparks back up as he moves a quill and inkwell to him.

It's been three days since I have changed completely, there are no words for me to speak to convey my thoughts. This journal is so many things to me, it is my planning, my work, my studies, and now it is you. Because now I no longer write for myself just as I no longer live for myself, Queen Cadence Apatite and King Sombra are two tragedies Equestria will never get over. But you, you are what has changed my world, whether it be my own fault or my own guilt but I alone have been left here...

Swirl holds his eyes closed for a moment as he pauses from the page.

...You have told me so many times my promises are meaningless, but a promise, my promise means more to mean than a spell. I promise you yesterday and today were not the only things you will see, for tomorrow awaits you.

The Land Before Us

Comments ( 12 )

3151152

lol, I think I win when I get nothing but smiles. For once I didn't do something wrong? :rainbowderp: Heck and I don't even have an editor anymore :rainbowlaugh:

3151789
... Well... there is nearly nothing to say~~~...

a little bit more focus on character expression and a bit more scenery description ^^ and done ^^

I mean... 15 Likes and NO dislikes speak for it self, or? :raritywink::scootangel::moustache:

3171028

ya, you beat this level...But you're in the wrong castle. Looks like you have to go to another one :trollestia:

3171543 *node node* :twilightsheepish:

3611632

Well thank you, and welcome to the story.

This is it right? This is where it all begins?

3711947

Well that depends what you mean by "This".

If you mean MAybe series and or Land Before series well then yes, this is were it all starts.

Hope you enjoyed it :scootangel:

my opinion of the length of the entirety of the series

i guess i have to start somewhere since i was kinda confused at my last post buuut ill give this series a try

3829395

lol well you did get to the 19th chapter so far. Not bad, here is a Twilight :twilightsmile: she eats books, quills and compliments.

i found a story i was interested in, but i saw it was a sequel, so I went to the next one, to find that it too was a sequel, and the next one, and the next one..... holy hell it was a journey getting here :applejackconfused:
...now to start reading! :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment