• Published 25th Jul 2013
  • 29,540 Views, 7,122 Comments

Celestia Uses An Online Dating Website - RainbowBob



Trying to spice up Celestia's love life, Luna signs her up on a dating website. Now Celestia has to go on a series of dates with other immortals. This should end nicely.

  • ...
120
 7,122
 29,540

PreviousChapters Next
Guest Chapter: The Mane Event (vren55)

Celestia swallowed her tea awkwardly, her eyes averted to her saucer. Before today, she could count all the moments she had ever been truly terrified on four hooves. What was Luna thinking? Sure the venue was well picked. It was a restaurant on the beach. There were no roofs, walls or even floors to be destroyed by a date. Just setting sun on the horizon, comfortable pillows and towels to relax on, and a low table for her and her date’s dinner. Still, Celestia could not stop herself from shaking.

For languorously lying on the cushions in front of her, was a lion. The most handsome, of his kind she had ever seen from his golden tawny mane and immaculate coat, to his solemn, but somehow gentle, eyes.

And yet, every fibre in Celestia’s immortal being was telling her to scream and run for her bedchambers. Everything great about the lion also inspired terror.

“Something on your mind, Princess? You’ve been listening for most of the evening,” said Aslan, the lion of Narnia, his thunderous, and yet somehow gentle voice breaking the silence.

“Just wondering what my sister was thinking,” stammered Celestia without thinking. She bit back the urge to curse her foolishness.

“What has passed is in the past. We are here today and that which is present is all that matters,” said Aslan. Celestia took a moment to contemplate those words. It seemed her date was quite wise, if too fond of riddles.

“You are quite right. You said you were a teacher?” inquired Celestia.

Aslan chuckled heartily. “That is an apt description, but the role I play is more akin to a father, guide, king, and god.”

Celestia blinked, confused. “You speak of them as if they are one and the same.”

“Are they not? A father must guide his sons, judge them like a king, and must love them and be loved by them, like a god,” pointed out Aslan.

“Some gods would beg to differ, as would many kings, guides and fathers,” snorted Celestia, remembering a particularly lecherous Greek thunder god.

“It matters not what others think for that is their tale. What is important is what you think, Princess Celestia of Equestria” said Aslan, his great, royal eyes meeting Celestia’s. The alicorn resisted the temptation to squirm and met the lion’s terrifying gaze head on.

“A princess cannot always be a mother to her subjects if they stray away and turn into traitors,” said Celestia, a hint of sadness in her tone.

“As long as a king is willing to give his life for even the most horrible traitor, death itself will work backwards,” spoke Aslan.

Celestia frowned. Why did the cryptic lion seem to know exactly he was talking about? Intrigued, she asked her date that question.

“Oh. Well, I had to give my life to save a young human boy who betrayed his siblings, and my Narnians to the enemy, Jadis the White Witch. I had the Witch accept my life in return for his, and walked into the Witch’s camp where I let myself be bound, muzzled and shaved. Then the crowd of banshees, hags, minotaurs, ogres, wraiths, sprites began to kick, jeer, spit…” Aslan continued to describe his practical torture at the hands… claws of the White Witch’s supporters casually, not seeming to notice that Celestia was squirming uncomfortably.

“Alright! But why did you have to die in the first place?” interrupted Celestia.

“Because the Deep Magic of the Land demanded the traitor’s life. If it was not given, all of Narnia would be overturned and perish in fire and water,” said Aslan, a serious glint in his eyes.

Celestia gasped, awestruck at the humiliation Aslan, a god, had been willing to go through for a traitor. “You suffered, died just so that the traitor would live?”

“Yes. Well to be honest. I knew of a Magic beyond the Deep Magic. You see, if a willing victim who offered no treachery was killed in the traitor’s stead, death would work backwards and I would live. If I returned to kill the White Witch, I would have lost Narnia, and my father, The Emperor Under the Sea, would not be happy at all,” said Aslan cheefully. The lion proceeded to finish his rather large, quite bloody, steak.

Celestia glanced at the setting sun. It seemed the evening was almost at an end… which was just as well. Turning back to the lion, the alicorn smiled weakly

“Well, Aslan. I’m sorry,” said Celestia.

“Whatever for?” asked Aslan, an amused tone in his voice.

“I’ve enjoyed your company and talking to you. In fact, I would be delighted if you visited Equestria once in a while. But I don’t think its going to work out,” said Celestia. She had to admit, Aslan was polite, gorgeously handsome, and unquestionably a benevolent beast… But he was still a lion, far too enigmatic and at times, just plain creepy.

“Oh I knew from beyond the dawn of time that I could not have a relationship with you,” said Aslan nonchalantly.

Celestia glared at the lion, flabbergasted, jaw agape and anger flushing her cheeks. “Then why didn’t you just tell me?”

The lion winked. “Because then, young alicorn, that wouldn’t really be allowing you to make your own choice.” While Celestia stared uncomprehendingly, Aslan wiped his lips with a napkin, kissed the alicorn’s hoof, bid farewell and walked down the beach, disappearing into the setting sun.


“I think I understand how Twilight feels when I tease her,” groaned Celestia, burying her head into the pillow.

“Well at least you had a better time than the other dates. When did you say he will visit?” asked Luna.

Celestia smiled wistfully. “I don’t know. He’ll visit when he’ll visit. If there’s one thing I’ve learnt about Aslan, it’s that he’s not a tame lion.”

Author's Note:

Guest chapter written by the wonderfully talented vren55. Go check his stories out, such as Princess Celestia: The Changeling Queen if you enjoyed this chapter!

PreviousChapters Next