• Published 25th Jul 2013
  • 29,542 Views, 7,122 Comments

Celestia Uses An Online Dating Website - RainbowBob



Trying to spice up Celestia's love life, Luna signs her up on a dating website. Now Celestia has to go on a series of dates with other immortals. This should end nicely.

  • ...
120
 7,122
 29,542

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 45: Eleven Is Literally One For One

“I must admit, this is actually quite pleasant.”

“Indeed. I often come down here to relax. Kick my feet back. Mellow in the mood of tranquility this place offers. Also, to practice knitting.”

“This is just a really peachy date.” Celestia furrowed her brow and stared at the insignia on a red banner hanging against a wall. “Also, what exactly does that symbol stand for? I’ve been seeing a lot of it.”

The Eleventh Doctor sipped at his coffee, eying the swastika Celestia was pointing to against the grey wall of the even greyer bunker. “That, erm, means good luck for many cultures on Earth.” The Doctor took another sip of his coffee and smack his lips. “I have to admit, Hitler has the best machine to brew a mean cup of joe.”

“You think Hitler would mind us using his bunker for our date?” Celestia asked.

The Eleventh Doctor glanced upward as a boom resonated in the halls of the bunker, the floor shaking with a tremor that soon passed once the dust stopped falling from overhead. “Oh, I don’t think he’ll mind.”

Celestia regarded the Doctor as he returned his focus back to the knitting project at hand. Much like his earlier incarnation, he was young, yet still appeared infinitely older than his appearance gave away. His chin was very prominent, along with his ears—but never as much as the Ninth Doctor was—and his cheekbones were sharp on his features. His nose stuck out a tad bit, but in a way Celestia found kind of cute, and his soft eyes and wavy hair certainly made up for it. He wore a tweed jacket and light brown button up with plain blue pants and a single red bowtie to complete the look. By a long shot, the plainest appearance of all the Doctors, but one whose simplicity made it still very striking.

The Doctor chuckled, his hands a flurry of movement as his knitting needles continued to move, never resting. “You know, it’s funny. You ponies don’t talk that much differently than normal horses on Earth.”

Celestia arched a brow. “Is that so?”

“The language is not that different from English. The horses, that is. Amazing how two completely species have such similar roots in their vernacular. Although, I suppose that could be because of the strong bond between horses and humans, seeing how they’re beasts of burden and often companions for early man. But then that arises the question of whether human language was derived from horse language or the vice verse, and that’s where things get really interesting.”

Celestia gulped down her coffee as the Doctor rambled on and on, her nodding appropriately at the right places. She didn’t mind this, of course, and in some way appreciated someone else doing all the talking for once. The Doctor often made erratic hand gestures in between his sentences, still able to knit all the while without any trouble. The best Celestia could guess to what exactly he was knitting was a scarf, but one much too large and colorful to be considered appropriate for wear. In fact, it seemed oddly familiar.

“Did you hear something?”

Celestia blinked. She set her coffee down, her eyes scanning her concrete surroundings.

“Was it another tremor?”

The Doctor shook his head, setting his knitting needles down slowly. “No. The earth isn’t shaking. This… this is something else.”

Faintly, far, far away in the background a noise could be heard. It echoed throughout the halls, so distant one could barely make it out. Except for the Doctor, of course.

“No…” He stood up and ran a hand through his hair, parting it to the side in a wave. “No. No, no, no, no. It can’t be!”

“What? What can’t be?” Celestia rose and glanced over the Doctor’s shoulder to the reinforced steel doors that were the entrance to the bunker.

“It’s the worst possible thing that could have ever have happened.” The Doctor held a hand against his brow and sighed deeply, just as the distant noise increased in volume and proximity. “It’s…”

“The Chicken Dance,” Celestia whispered. Flashbacks of parties at the castle and a certain pink pony reverberated in her mind. “By the gods, it’s the Chicken Dance.”

“EXTEEEEEEEEERMINATE!”

“Oh, and Daleks. But really, the Chicken Dance!” The Doctor threw up his hands exasperatedly in the air and turned on his heels in a spin, pacing behind Celestia without giving her another glance. “Just when I thought the Daleks couldn’t sicken me any worse, they find another way!”

“What do we do?”

“We?” The Doctor spun around again, a full three-sixty, and approached Celestia with a calculating eye. “You’re to do nothing, my dear, since I am the gentleman caller of this here date, it is my responsibility to handle whatever dangers that might pop up.”

Laser blasts could be heard against the other side of the steel doors guarding the bunker. The Chicken Dance’s volume further increased, shaking the walls of the bunker with each musical tune. Daleks could be heard on the other side spouting their trademark “EXTEEEEEEEEERMINATE!” catchphrases while continuing to fire at the door.

“Wait, so you’re ditching me just like all the other times?” Celestia asked.

The Doctor waved his hand in the air dismissively. “Of course not. I fully intend on saving you and transporting you to a haven while I deal with the mess of a Dalek invasion in Berlin. And why they have acquired the wretched song that is the Chicken Dance a decade before it was released.” He pointed to the TARDIS. “It’s on autopilot, so just avoid pushing any of the buttons that could send you down a hole in time that offers no return. Which is a lot of them, by the way.”

“Wait… so you mean I don’t have to use this thing anymore?” Celestia asked, pointing to her time travel wristwatch.

Looking at it, the Doctor said, “Seeing how you were given one of the cheapest time traveling devices I’ve ever seen—one that seems to be broken and malfunctioning to a high degree, I might add—no, you don’t. The TARDIS shall drop you off to a safe location while I deal with this threat—” the Doctor put a fez atop his head, “—with style.”

Celestia stared at the Doctor’s head apparel. “No. Just… no.”

“But fezzes are cool!”

“No, they aren’t. Literally anything else would be considered cooler than that.”

“I beg to differ.”

“Well, I beg to—” The bunker doors shook, and some of the steel started to dent and even melt in places. Celestia opened up the TARDIS’ doors and quickly jumped inside. “Fashion choices aside, good luck with the alien invasion!”

The Doctor stood with his legs splayed out, his hand reaching into his jacket pocket for his trusty sonic screwdriver. “I don’t need luck. I’m the Doctor. Luck considers me the lucky one.”

The TARDIS disappeared, the bunker doors shaking on their hinges as the Daleks and Chicken Dance grew louder. The Doctor pointed his sonic screwdriver at the doors with a smirk on his face. “No plan, no backup, no weapons worth a damn, and the best of all, nothing to lose! Ah, just the way I like my last stands! So damn dramatic!”

Just as the doors broke down, the Doctor frowned and said, “Actually, now that I think about it, I never did set a destination for the autopilot. I wonder where Celestia will end up at.”

PreviousChapters Next