• Published 25th Jul 2013
  • 29,542 Views, 7,122 Comments

Celestia Uses An Online Dating Website - RainbowBob



Trying to spice up Celestia's love life, Luna signs her up on a dating website. Now Celestia has to go on a series of dates with other immortals. This should end nicely.

  • ...
120
 7,122
 29,542

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 14: Sharply Smart

Celestia was having a strange sense of déjà vu, which surprisingly enough seemed to be a common feeling when it comes to immortals. Only now, that sense was not so much as strange as predictable at this point, and it only got worse still as the date went on.

Waving a hoof in front of her muzzle and coughing, Celestia asked, “Would you kindly not smoke while we’re eating, please?”

Her date arched a brow, scratching his unshaven sideburns that made him look like a dirty hobo in a nonchalant manner. Under her scrutinous glare, he shrugged and doused his cigar in his drink.

“Sorry ‘bout that, bub,” Wolverine said.

Celestia grimaced, but still tried to show him a pleasant smile… or at least her best attempt at one. “It’s no problem, really. I’ve just had… really bad experiences in the past with smoking.” She shuddered. “Never again.”

“Well, you don’t have to worry ‘bout nothin’ with that when you’re out with me,” Wolverine assured her, a cheeky grin on his chiseled features. Before Celestia could appreciate his strong jawline or his deep, hazel brown eyes, Wolverine unsheathed three metallic claws from the back of his hand, and stabbed his half-finished steak with them, not even bothering with the fork and knife next to his plate. Chewing on the greasy cut of meat impaled on his claws, Wolverine asked, “You gonna eat or what?”

Celestia stared down at her plate, which was filled with all manners of greasy, meaty, oily, unappetizing and overall disgusting foods to choose from. Looking up and observing their date site, which was a seedy bar that looked like it hadn’t been cleaned since it opened, Celestia wasn’t surprised.

Pushing her plate to her ravenous date, she said, “No… I think I’m good for now.”

Shrugging, Wolverine just dumped her plate onto his and began diving into his meal like a wild animal.

Holding back her utter revulsion, Celestia hoped her date was a better conversationalist than an eater. “So… is Wolverine your actual name, or…?”

“Name’s Logan,” Wolverine answered simply. “Most people call me Wolverine though.” He smiled, showing off intimidating canines that added onto his overall feral look with his unkept hair and sharp features. “Haven’t a clue why, myself.”

“I, uh… can come up with a couple of guesses.” Gulping back some vomit that had tried to sneak past her tonsils, Celestia’s smile dripped down to a moot half-grin. “So… Logan, is it? What do you do for fun?”

“I beat up bad guys,” he answered simply. He used his claws to dig out a piece of stringy meat stuck in between his teeth, the process making Celestia gag. “And good guys on the occasion. Both hit the same pretty much, so I ain’t picky.”

“Well, isn’t that… energetic.”

“Oh, and I like building and customizing custom choppers. Nothin’ like cruising along in a bike you built yourself,” Wolverine said, a bit of pride shining in his words.

Celestia smirked, though this one was much less forced than before. “That actually sounds quite nice. So, what type of—”

Before she could finish her question, Celestia’s words and her head were cut nearly in half when a katana stuck itself point deep into the table, the sharp edge inches away from Celestia’s muzzle.

Wolverine’s other pair of claws came out in a flash, a deep growl sounding from him as he jumped atop the table, looking all around at the bar. “Okay, who’s the wise guy who thinks he can interupt my date?”

Your date?” a figure from the shadows spoke. The figure stepped into the light from a single hanging bulb. “I think you mean my date!” Deadpool said, decked out in his usual red and black jumpsuit attire, along with complementary bowtie to complete the look. He held a box of chocolates—Celestia’s favorite—and roses in his hands.

“Oh for the love of…” Celestia sighed deeply, rubbing her brow with an agitated hoof.

“Son of a bitch,” Wolverine grumbled, glancing sideways to Celestia. “Don’t tell me you agreed to go out with this guy?”

“Only once!” Celestia stated, pulling at her mane while gritting her teeth. “And I haven’t been able to get rid of him since!”

Wolverine sniggered. “Yeah, sounds like Deadpool, alright.”

“You’ve gone too far this time, Wolverine! First it was my car, then my house, then my mother, and finally my girl?” Deadpool cast away his trifle tokens of affection and pulled out his other trifle tokens of affection, which came in gun and bullet form.

Wolverine held up a hand. “Okay, first off, I already apologized… well, sorta, about blowing up your apartment. Your car was actually someone else’s you stole and I crashed. At the time, I didn’t know the woman was your mother, and I seriously still doubt that since you’re about a decade older than her. And lastly, Celestia agreed to go on a date with me, not you.”

“Oh yeah?” Deadpool pointed the barrel of his gun to where Celestia was sitting. “Let’s just ask her then.”

However, the seat was abandoned, Celestia having taken the smart course of action and jumping through the bar window when no one was looking.

Wolverine, still on the table with his claws unsheathed, and Deadpool, still armed to the teeth and then some, looked at one another in awkward silence.

“So…” Wolverine began, straightening up his back. “Yeah… uh…”

“Wanna fight and whoever loses the least amount of organs has to buy the other a drink?” Deadpool suggested.

Smirking, Wolverine jumped off the table, attempting a downward slash at Deadpool’s torso. “Sounds good to me!”

Deadpool started firing, laughing as bullets filled up Wolverine while his own chest was impaled by Wolverine’s claws. “Hey, you cheater!”

Both of the heroes—if they could even be called that—laughed and fought, while Celestia stood outside in the cold waiting for a taxi, questioning her life choices once again in the exact same situation.

Yeah, definitely a strange case of déjà vu for this date, that’s for sure.

PreviousChapters Next