• Published 25th Jul 2013
  • 29,539 Views, 7,122 Comments

Celestia Uses An Online Dating Website - RainbowBob



Trying to spice up Celestia's love life, Luna signs her up on a dating website. Now Celestia has to go on a series of dates with other immortals. This should end nicely.

  • ...
120
 7,122
 29,539

PreviousChapters Next
Guest Chapter: A Dog Eat Dog Date (Felidae0)

"Alright," Celestia said, resting her chin on the table between herself and her latest date. "This... is a weird one. Even for Luna."

The white wolf across from her nodded in agreement, before beginning to chew on a bone she had ordered before Celestia arrived.

Celestia flicked her eyes across said wolf, desperately hoping that she had, in fact, arrived at the wrong table. Sadly, the red magical marks that decorated the wolf's fur, and the burning metal Frisbee on it’s back suggested otherwise. Lethargically, Celestia retrieved a piece of paper Luna had given her—the only information she actually had about her date.

"So, Ama-ter-asu... Am I saying that right? According to this, you're another Sun Goddess, who's taken the physical form of a white wolf... Is that correct?"

A short, quiet bark was her only response. It was entirely possible Amerat-whatever was mocking her.

Celestia decided that she might as well be polite, and introduce herself. "Right, well, I'm Princess Celestia of Equestria, and I raise... this sun, I guess, which is my special talent. How do you do yours, if you don't mind me asking?"

Amerut—American—Ammussolini—Ammy, which Celestia decided to call her from this point on, flipped her tail out in front of her, the tip wet with ink. There was a moment where reality blinked, and Celestia got the distinct impression that Ammy snickered before picking her bone back up. The tail vanished behind her as quickly as it had arrived.

"So, a painter?" asked Celestia. Her muzzle itched, but she refrained from scratching it in front of her date. "I've known quite a few painters in my time. Tried it myself not too long ago, wasn't very good. Though..." She paused. "It might still be on display at the Canterlot History Museum. As a central piece of their abstract exhibit."

Ammy tilted her head, and Celestia answered the unasked question. "It was meant to be a still life of a bowl of fruit."

The wolf snickered, and Celestia rolled her eyes. "Well, you try and do better."

The tail appeared once more, and Celestia's wooden chair suddenly came back to life, despite her shouting and that of the cafe's other patrons. Within seconds, the chair had grown into a wooden bowl the size of a princess-sized bed, and had even grown a large apple inside the bowl. A flick of the tip sent a pulpy glass of orange juice in a spray at Celestia, which grew into a similarly-sized citrus. The image was finally completed, however, when a banana leapt in alongside her and grew to twice her length.

"Show-off," muttered Celestia, as she climbed over the orange to reach the bowl's rim. With a thump, she fell out and back onto the floor, landing on a… on a…

On a giant lilypad. Huh.

The cafe’s waiter walked out onto the patio, saw the deformed chair and the mare sitting on a lilypad instead, and sighed. They’d ban her, but they didn’t want to be known as ‘the cafe that banned Princess Celestia.’ He put on a grin that was just a bit too wide to be genuine, and approached the table.

“Princess! So good to see you’re back! What may I get for you and your date today?”

Celestia picked the menu backup, realized that by this point she’d memorized it, and set it back down. “I’ll have a Michigan Salad. Ammy?”

The wolf, seemingly serious for once, placed a paw on the menu. The waiter leaned over to look at it. “Roast… chicken? That’s on there? Er… okay.” He wrote it down on his notepad, and walked away.

Celestia gave a little bounce on the lilypad. It was comfortable, to be sure, but it was also unpleasantly soggy. “So, Ammy, why a wolf, if you don’t mind me asking?”

Ammy put a paw on her chin. After a moment, she hopped off the chair, and sat next to Celestia’s lilypad. Then she flopped over, wordlessly asking for belly rubs.

Celestia blinked. “Ah. Okay, that kind of makes sense.” Ammy made a quiet whining noise, which prompted a sigh from Celestia. “Alright, alright. But only for a bit. This is already a weird date.”

After a minute or two of petting her date’s belly, she decided to try and start up a conversation. “So, any family?”

Panting happily, Ammy nodded.

Celestia tried to fill in the gaps of the conversation as best she could. “...Brothers? Sisters? Any that might come causing trouble?”

Still lying down, Ammy swished her tail in a crescent, drawing a moon out of ink that hung in the air for a few seconds before dissipating. Her tail swished again, this time drawing a more complex shape. When she was finished, it looked like a wave crashing onto a beach. It evaporated as well.

Celestia waited for any more, but that seemed to be it. “So, Moon Goddess—” She was cut off by a bark. “God, male?” she asked. Ammy nodded, before slumping back onto the wooden deck.

“So, Moon God, and Sea God, also male?” A bark in the affirmative confirmed it. “Huh. I hope Luna doesn’t get any ideas…” She shook her head, and stood up. “Come on, let’s sit back down like civilized… Deities.”

Celestia noticed, out of the corner of her eye, that her date was beginning to attract attention. She couldn’t imagine why. After all, it was just the princess going on a date with a dog.

...In hindsight, maybe she should’ve picked something else to do for a date.

Ammy, after a moment of whining, hopped back onto her chair. By some strange coincidence involving a chicken population boom and the increased number of dragons visiting Equestria in recent years, the white wolf’s chicken was done and arriving at the table. Celestia’s salad followed shortly afterward.

Celestia’s horn lit, picking up the salad fork daintily, and she speared a single leaf of lettuce. She felt the taste was missing something, however, and she borrowed a bottle of ranch dressing from another table. Satisfied, she began to work through her meal.

Ammy just jammed her head into her chicken, and started chewing.

“Alright, that’s it!” Celestia jammed her fork into the table, the end vibrating with a twang. “I can’t take this, I really can’t. Listen, you seem nice enough, and I can appreciate a little bit of pranking, but I just don’t see any way this will work.”

Ammy’s eyebrows quirked up. Whether in interest or confusion, Celestia couldn’t say. Nor did she really care.

Celestia leaned over the table, staring straight at Ammy. “Can you actually become anything else, or are you stuck as a wolf?” In response, Ammy licked her muzzle.

“Ackpth—not cool!” She spat into a napkin, and turned back to the wolf. “I cannot understand a single thing you’re saying. Because you’re a wolf.”

Ammy blinked at her.

“I don’t speak wolf.”

Ammy’s ears flopped back down.

“Moreover,” Celestia continued, “I don’t care how good you are in bed, I’m not having relations with a wolf. Luna would never let it go, and neither would the tabloids.” She paused. “Also, bestiality’s illegal in Equestria.”

The only response from the wolf was a pair of puppy-dog eyes, and quiet whining.

Celestia sighed. “Very sorry about this, I really am, but it’s not going to work. Enjoy your chicken, Apparat—Amassed—Adamant—Ammy. Have a nice day, Ammy.”

Celestia stood, and left the cafe. A few seconds later, she returned, flapping her wings to get up into the chair-turned-fruit-bowl, and retrieved the giant banana.

“Also, I’m taking this. No offense intended."


“Sister… Why art thou cuddling a giant banana? Didst I not set thee a date with Amaterasu?”

Celestia poked her head out from under the covers. “Shh. Let me enjoy this. By my estimate, I have at least one week before Bruce Banana begins to ripen.”

Luna blinked. “Thou named thine fruit?” She thought she saw something else as well, and leaned in for a closer look. “And why dost thou hath a moustache drawn upon thy muzzle?”

“Because only Brucey gets me!” Squeaked Celestia, before she dove back under her covers. In a whisper Luna could barely hear, she added, “And I don’t know what moustache you’re talking about.”

Luna slowly backed away as chewing sounds began to squish out from under the covers. “Er… Worry not, dear sister. ‘Tis a glorious moustache. Enjoy your… fruit?”

She felt a bit dirty having said that. Not on her hooves. More like in her mind. The noises didn’t help.

She backed through the doorway, and closed it with a klik. “Maybe…” she muttered to herself. “Mayhaps Tia just needs a small break. I shall set something up for… She said a week? That sounds good.”

Mentally satisfied with the plan, she headed back to her quarters. And away from the noises.

Author's Note:

Guest chapter written by the undoubtably awesome Felidae0. Go check his stories out if you enjoyed this chapter!

PreviousChapters Next