• Published 26th Jul 2013
  • 1,813 Views, 19 Comments

Lyra's True Feelings - OtenBrony



Lyra plans to reveal her feelings for her good friend, Bon Bon, and to not make a fool of herself in the process. The problem is, Lyra doesn't consider herself the romantic type.

  • ...
2
 19
 1,813

Chapter 7: Retribution

*Knock knock*

.....

*KNOCK KNOCK*

.....

"Lyra, I know you're in there. Please just come and socialize for a bit. It'll do you some good," called a voice from the other side of Lyra's apartment door.

"Berry, I don't want to talk. Just leave me alone...please," replied a hoarse Lyra from inside the apartment.

"Lyra, please just consider coming outside soon. You've been in there for almost 3 weeks now."

So...that's how long it's been. Close to a month. Close to a month without seeing...began to think Lyra. Although she couldn't finish the thought without tears forming in her eyes. Even though Lyra had fixed everything with Berry Punch and had been assured that it was all a drunken accident, she still couldn't fix everything with Bon Bon. After the incident on that horrible day, Lyra hadn't heard from Bon Bon or anything of the sort. The closest thing Lyra had gotten was a simple paycheck that was sent to her from Bon Bon's shop. Ever since that day, Lyra had taken it upon herself to never let her forget the incident she had caused from drinking too much. Everyday she forced herself to remember the tragic accident and the repercussions of it.

You'll never get Bon Bon back now. Even if you went to her house and tried to explain everything, she'll probably just throw you out. You deserve it. You hurt her with your stupid drunken self! You deserve all of this. Every last bit of it. This is what Lyra told herself almost everyday. Each day, the venom and harshness in the voice seemed to grow immensely. Tears always rolled down her eyes and soaked deep into her cyan coat as well as her pillow. Usually, Lyra would have cared and dried her coat and washed her pillow but at this point she just didn't care. She didn't want to care. The only thing that Lyra wanted was to see the beautiful mare named Bon Bon.

"Did you hear me, Lyra? I know that Bon Bon was important to you, but you still need to come outside at some point," stated Berry Punch, snapping Lyra back into the world. Lyra just stayed in her laid position on the couch and let the silence answer for her. After a few moments, Lyra heard the sound of hooves walking away, indicating that Berry had gone back to her own apartment. Lyra let out a sigh of disappointment due to the fact that she knew that Berry was right. She did need to go out. Lyra accepted that Berry was right, but she just didn't want to face Bon Bon in fear that she would turn Lyra away. The thought of Bon Bon turning her away brought on another wave of sadness over Lyra.

Lyra thought she would have been used to this feeling by now, but it still caused her days to get even darker and more lonely. She buried her muzzle deep into the couch and just wished for everything to over. She just wanted to see the warming, sunny smile of Bon Bon once more.

You've brought this on yourself. You caused Bon Bon a lot of pain. This is your punishment... punishment that you deserve. thought Lyra to herself bitterly as tears began to seep through her eyes. Lyra closed her body into a ball as much as she could and finally let her emotions take over her body. Tears began to flow unending from her eyes as she began to cry out for Bon Bon.

"Please....just come back to me. I...I just want you back so badly. I'm so...so sorry....," cried out Lyra in her dark, empty apartment. Lyra then forced her eyes shut to try and stop the tears to no avail. The unending tears caused Lyra's couch to become very soaked and disgusting. After a while, Lyra finally forced herself to get up from laying on the couch and try her best to clean the mess. As she lethargically walked into the bathroom to get a towel, she looked into the mirror that hung in there. It had begun to gather dust from not being cleaned, but it was clean enough for Lyra to see her own reflection. The bright and happy mare that had once stood in front of the mirror everyday with excitement of going to work was no longer there. Instead, she was replaced with a mare that was in shambles.

Her mane was a complete mess. The usual brightness and neatness of it was replaced with dullness and it was strewn all across her head. Her eyes, that usual conveyed happiness and eagerness, were red and puffy from crying, and showed a deeply hurt mare. Her coat that was once washed neatly everyday was now dirty and demolished from the wetting stains from tears.

"Is this really what's happened to me? Look at me....I'm a horrible wreck," stated Lyra sadly while running a hoof over her reflection in the mirror. "Why am I just laying around here...? What am I supposed to do though...?"

Lyra knew the correct answer, but she didn't want to face it. After a while of thinking, she looked at the ground and let out a long sigh. Lyra knew that she had to go see Bon Bon. Even if it meant getting turned away, Lyra had to at least try to talk to her. Lyra had to apologize and try to make amends for her wrong doings. It might not get Bon Bon back for her, but Lyra owed it to Bon Bon to make things rights.

The cyan mare's gaze at the ground ended as she closed her eyes and accepted the truth. Alright...I'll go see Bon Bon. I won't back down or give into fear....I can't. I have to do this...for Bon Bon's sake.

With a new found determination, Lyra looked around the bathroom for a instrument vital to her final mission. She quickly found it and grasped it in her magical grasp.

"Long time no see, brush," stated Lyra flatly as she brung the brush up to her mess of a mane. Even with the determination she just received, nothing could have helped Lyra with the pain she was feeling from the resistance her mane was giving to her brush. "Ow..ow...ow...Celestia damn it! Why in Equestria is this hurting so bad?!" questioned Lyra while magically throwing her brush onto the sink countertop in anger. Her answer came quickly as she looked at her bathtub. Lyra realized that she hadn't bathed in a long time and needed to, especially for her coat's sake.

After she had finished bathing and washing her coat in a nice, relaxing bath, Lyra brushed her mane out with much ease. Lyra then decided to take a look at herself in the mirror now after her rejuvenation. Lyra's mane shined and actually showed some liveliness in her. Her coat was clean, looked soft, and also radiated new liveliness. Her eyes had also returned to their normal state.

"Alright. I can do this. I'm...I'm going to see Bon Bon right now!" exclaimed Lyra, mostly to try and calm her own nerves. Going to see Bon Bon was going to be easy for Lyra, but fixing the wrongs she did was what scared her so much. She had no clue about what she was going to say to Bon Bon or do to try and fix the wrongs, but at this point that didn't bother Lyra. Lyra knew what she had to do, and planned to stick to it to the end.

Folder's warning words of not doing things too extreme resurfaced inside Lyra's head. This caused Lyra to smile a little bit, something she hadn't done in quite some time. "Sorry, Folder. But if it comes down to it, I'll do something extreme for the relationship between Bon Bon and me." And with that, Lyra set off out of her apartment building with great speed to find the mare that consumed her heart's feelings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The hot, blazing sun was beating against Lyra's coat and caused her to quickly lose her stamina from her galloping, causing her to have to slow to a steady trot in the streets of Ponyville. She gazed up to the sun with a hoof raised over her eyes and admired the beauty that had recently become a rarity for her. The sweet, gracious radiance of the sun only reminded Lyra of the unending beauty of Bon Bon and how sweet she was. The mental picture of Bon Bon's radiant smile caused Lyra's heart to feel uplifted and caused another smile to spread gleefully across her muzzle.

It also caused Lyra to feel a small ping of saddness within her heart from the memory of the pain that she had caused Bon Bon. The dark, sorrowful feelings slowly began to spread within her, demolising her resolve to even go see Bon Bon in the first place in fear that she would just bring even more ruin to the situation. But Lyra knew she could not have these thoughts fill her mind. She must achieve her goal no matter what. So with that in mind, Lyra hurriedly resolved the gloomful feelings with the hopeful thought that she was going to fix her wrongs. With the quick withdrawl of the sad memory, Lyra was easily able to regain her stamina with the hopeful thoughts of being able to see Bon Bon's smile, her gleaming beauty, and mesmerizing eyes once again. With the wonderful mental images playing throught her head, Lyra speed down the street to the sweet shop faster than ever before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the same time that the cyan unicorn was racing down the street with dexterous speed, a certain cream earth pony was packing up items in her sweet shop. The cream colored mare let out a long sigh and looked around at the place that she once called her room. I wish there was another choice, she thought to herself. But the picture that still sat upon her dresser told her that there was no other choice for her. The framed pictured two mares sitting beside each other, wearing a wide smile on both of their faces. The cyan unicorn in the picture was holding a lyre in a magical grasp of golden mist while the earth pony mare just gazed at the unicorn with a bright smile upon her face. But Bon Bon wasn't smiling anymore, at least not since she had her...incident... with Lyra. Bon Bon could barely recall what had happened without tears forming in her eyes and her heart tearing at her chest.

Of course, Bon Bon blamed Lyra for nothing of what had happened. She was just being a mare...unfortunately for Bon Bon the mare wasn't her. The feeling of jealosy swarmed inside Bon Bon's heart whenever she pictured Lyra and that mare laying together, cuddling up next to each other with hoofs intertwined. Bon Bon knew that her jealosy was not justified since she had been too slow to express her true feelings to Lyra, but that still didn't stop the feeling from breeding inside of her along with a coupling of saddness and regret. Saddness from the loss of the mare that she had true feelings of love for. Regret from not telling Lyra the truth of her feelings from the moment that she figured out that she had feelings for the cyan mare.

While she had been in deep thought about the unicorn she loved, Bon Bon didn't even notice that tears and begun to run rampant down her face into her coat while some fell straight to the cold, wooden floor. When she noticed this, Bon Bon closed her eyes and tried her best to cease the flow, but all of her efforts were futile. After several more moments of fruitless attempts, Bon Bon finally succumbed to the tears and just sat on the floor, crying like a little filly that had lost her beloved friend.

After what seemed like a horrid eternity to her, Bon Bon was finally able to dry her tears away and resume her packing, but with much slower pace now. "There are just too many memories...I'm sorry...Lyra...for everything," stated Bon Bon solemnly to the empty shop. With her packing fully completed, Bon Bon rested her saddle bag upon her back and gripped her suitcase in her mouth and began to lethargicaly walk towards the front door of the shop.

When she eventually reached the door in the waiting room, Bon Bon grabbed a small piece of paper that rested on a coffee table with her hoof. With pain-filled eyes, Bon Bon looked down at the ticket that would greet her with a one way trip to Manehatten, where she planned to open a new shop in a small building that she saw in an ad in the newspaper. When she got set up there, she planned to sell the shop here in Ponyville. The plan wasn't the greatest in Equestria to Bon Bon, but it was all she could think of at this point. She wanted to stay and be happy in Ponyville and make amends with Lyra, but she just couldn't face all of the pain she would feel knowing that Lyra wouldn't be hers. With those thoughts in mind, Bon Bon made her plan resolute and headed out the door to the train station, leaving behind her past life...and Lyra.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lyra quickly rushed up towards the wooden door of the sweet shop. When she reached it, she banged her hoof against it with great force to alert anyone inside that she was there. After a moment or two, her hoof began to feel immense pain from the continous knocks, but Lyra didn't care at all. Every second of contact between her hoof and the door lead to another round of pain being shoot up her body, but she still contiuned to alert the shop to her presence in hopes that somepony would eventually answer the door.

"Hello?! Bon Bon? Are you there?! Please answer!" yelled Lyra as loud as she could. "Listen, I'm sorry about everything that I did to hurt you. I never meet to hurt you. NEVER! What happened between me and Berry Punch was all just a drunken mistake. A mistake that I made like an idiot. I don't feel that way about Berry...at all. She was always just a friend to me. But from that one mistake of mine, I caused you so much pain and misery. I...I screwed up. So badly."

Tears began streaming down Lyra's face from the confessions she was giving, but she couldn't stop. She gasped through her sobbing breaths and tried her best to continue her confessions despite. "Bon Bon, I'm so sorry that I hurt you...I just wanted to help you. I wanted to help you anyway I could. I wanted to help you with your shop by baking for you and helping with the customers and by playing the lyre in the shop to the customers and by retrieving that package for you and by being here right now, to apologize to you. You're the one I want, because....I love you," sobbed Lyra in a low voice with her gaze falling to the ground. Her tears began to fall to the stone pavement below, covering it in the saddness and sorrow that Lyra was feeling.

"What was...that last part?" asked a sweet voice from behind Lyra. Recongizing the voice, Lyra quickly whipped her head around to see the pony that had uttered them. There, standing behind Lyra, was Bon Bon. In total disbelief, Lyra tried to find words to say, but she couldn't muster a single word to be escaped from her mouth. "I...was walking towards the train station when I saw you run by towards the shop. I don't know what implored me, but I immediately started following you here. Then I...heard your confessions just then. Lyra...did you mean all of..."

Bon Bon's sentence was suddenly cut off by a pair of hoofs wrapped around her in a tight hug. Bon Bon then felt the cool, wetness of tears streaking against her coat. "I love you, Bon Bon! I meant everything I said back there! I promise with all of my being."

With that being said, Bon Bon began to let tears escape her eyes as well. She wrapped her hoofs around Lyra and returned the hug with a smile spreading across her face.

"I love you, too, Lyra."

Author's Note:

I finally sat down and finished this story. Sorry it took so long to update this late chapter. I've been busy with studies and jobs and blah blah blah. But I do hope all of you enjoyed my first fanfic.

Comments ( 2 )

3495102 dang it, you are right. I never even realized I was making that mistake. :ajbemused: Thanks for the feedback though! :twilightsheepish:

3495154 yeah if I remember correctly, I call Lyra cyan whenever I refer to her by her color. I know how to color very well.

Login or register to comment