• Published 26th Jul 2013
  • 1,808 Views, 19 Comments

Lyra's True Feelings - OtenBrony



Lyra plans to reveal her feelings for her good friend, Bon Bon, and to not make a fool of herself in the process. The problem is, Lyra doesn't consider herself the romantic type.

  • ...
2
 19
 1,808

Chapter 6: Return of the Lyra

Lyra finally returned back to Bon Bon's shop after galloping for about 20 minutes from Ponyville's post office. Lyra felt a wave of relief wash over her body when she saw the shop come into her vision. The feeling of relief and relaxation only intensified when she reached the door of the sweet shop. Lyra looked over to the ingredient package that she held in her magical grasp to make sure that she hadn't imagined the whole experience of getting it. She sighed with happiness in between her exhausted gasps for air from the fact that she had succeeded. She felt happy that she wouldn't fail Bon Bon, but Lyra had to admit that she also felt very proud of herself as well. She had managed to get the ingredient while the office was closed with the help of Folder. Lyra knew that she had broken the law but the thought of making Bon Bon happy had erased that from her mind. Lyra just knew that Bon Bon was worth all of it.

At the door, Lyra grew a confident smile on her face and used her magic to use her shop keys to open the door. After she pushed the door open, Lyra trotted into the shop with the package floating in behind her. She looked around the reception room, but saw no Bon Bon in the room with her. Lyra grew confused after a minute or two of waiting in the reception. Surely Bon Bon had heard the bells on the front door jingle when Lyra walked in. So where was she? After waiting another few minutes, Lyra's confusion grew to concern. Lyra went and checked the kitchen to see if Bon Bon was there. Lyra inspected the entire kitchen to only be disappointed by the fact that Bon Bon wasn't there. She placed the package on the counter in the kitchen and began to rattle her brain about the situation.

Okay. Um.....maybe she went upstairs to her room or something. But wouldn't she have heard the bells if she was up there? Where is she? Well I guess I should still check the upstairs, just in case. With that thought, Lyra began to head to the upper floor of the building. Her sunglow eyes began to dart and examine everywhere upstairs to see if she could ever find the mare she was searching for. Eventually, Lyra came across a room that she had never entered before. If Lyra remembered correctly, it was Bon Bon's room. Lyra glanced around the room while standing the doorway of it. She saw no cream coated mare, but she did see a book laying upon the bed in the room. Her curiosity outweighing her concern for a second, Lyra decided to inspect the book that was in the room. She imagined it would just be a simple thing like a cookbook, but Lyra was proved wrong very fast.

When she reached the book, she easily saw that the front cover read "Diary" upon it. Lyra knew that she shouldn't invade Bon Bon's personal matters without her consent, but her curiosity was making it hard to resist. Lyra concluded that Bon Bon had gone out to Ponyville somewhere since she wasn't in the shop, so she would have ample time to read the diary if she wanted to. Lyra was seriously torn about what she should do with the diary. The morally right thing to do was to leave it alone, but to solve her fast growing curiosity, she should read it. After several moments of standing in front of the book on the bed and mentally debating with herself, Lyra decided to open the diary to read it's contents. She used her magic to levitate the book and open it to the first page.

"Dear Diary,

Well today was very interesting. I met a unicorn mare today. She said her name was Lyra. We meet at a cafe and talked for quite some time. She seems like a...

After Lyra finished that bit, she heard the bells of the shop ring. "Lyra? Are you here?" asked a familiar voice from the reception room. The voice belonged to Bon Bon! Lyra quickly became very scared and frantic from the idea of being caught reading Bon Bon's diary.

"I'm up here!" called Lyra to Bon Bon. As much as Lyra wanted to read on and find out what Bon Bon thought of her, she had to make sure Bon Bon didn't find out that she had read the diary. She lowered the diary back onto the bed. She placed it as close to where she had found it as she could. She didn't have time to adjust it anymore so she just prayed to Celestia that Bon Bon didn't notice the difference. She rushed out of Bon Bon's room and tried to play it cool when Bon Bon appeared up the stairs.

"Hey Lyra. Um...just wondering, but what are you doing up here?" asked Bon Bon with a titled head and cocked eyebrow.

"Oh...I was...uh...looking for you. I came back from the post office and didn't see you down below. I decided to check to see if you were up here," replied Lyra with a forced smile, hoping Bon Bon didn't catch onto the lie.

Thankfully for Lyra, Bon Bon believed the lie. Bon Bon quickly dropped her questioning look for a smile towards her friend.

"Oh alright. Well I wasn't here because I went into Ponyville to try and find something at the market, but I didn't find it. So oh well," stated Bon Bon joyfully with a huge grin on her face. "Also, I remembered almost as soon as I sent you off that the post office was closed today for a workers' day off. So I guess you didn't get the package?"

"Actually, you underestimate my power, young one. I did get the package," stated Lyra with a playful, haughty attitude.

"Wait...what? How did you....?" asked Bon Bon, her questioning look returning.

"Well there was a pegasus there who helped me get it. Her name was File Folder. She was pretty cool and kind."

"Oh okay," said Bon Bon in disbelief, "Well, where's the package then?"

"I placed it down in the kitchen," answered the cyan unicorn while pointing a hoof towards the stairs.

"Ah okay then. Do you think we can go inspect it? I'd be pleased if you'd help, Lyra," offered Bon Bon. Lyra didn't even have to think twice before agreeing to go with Bon Bon to the package.

After Lyra agreed to the offer, the mares both walked down to the kitchen to where Lyra had left the package she had picked up. When they reached it, Bon Bon shyly looked at Lyra. "Um...this may sound silly but can you turn around, Lyra?"

At first, Lyra found this pretty odd, but she disregarded it since it was Bon Bon's SPECIAL ingredient and all. Lyra shrugged and complied to Bon Bon's wish. Lyra shuffled around and quickly heard the fumbling of a package. After a while of the sound filling Lyra's ears, it suddenly stopped.

"Okay. You can turn around now!" said Bon Bon with a cheerful attitude. Lyra quickly spun around to see that Bon Bon had placed a bottle of wine next to herself. Not only that, but the wine seemed to be expensive and very high shelf. Lyra quickly became very confused at the sudden presentation of alcohol.

"Um...Bon Bon, is your special ingredient wine or something?" asked Lyra. The bottle had obviously come from the package, so that's what Lyra thought it was.

Bon Bon placed a hoof over her mouth while she tried to suppress a giggle. "Oh no! I got this," she answered while pointing the hoof she covered her mouth with at the wine bottle, "for us."

Lyra had never felt so flustered by anything in her life. Did I miss something? A bottle of wine together? Oh Celestia I'm so bucking confused! Lyra then began to think about what she should ask Bon Bon next to try to sort this out. Many answers came to Lyra's mind that would have worked well and not embarrassed herself, but she was so lost in the moment that she asked the worst possible question.

"Wait...Bon Bon, is this a date or something?" When Lyra realized what she had said, she mentally started beating herself up for being so stupid. Really? A date?! Come on brain, work with me!

After a moment or two, Lyra decided to assess the damage of her question. She looked over at Bon Bon to see how she had reacted. Bon Bon was still just standing in the same place except now she was blushing and giving a shy smile. Oh great. I probably made her feel really uncomfortable..., thought Lyra to herself.

After a quick moment of awkward silence, Bon Bon rubbed her head with a hoof and said, "Oh it's nothing like that. Don't you remember what day it is?"

Now it was Lyra's turn to rub her head while she tried to think about what day it was. "Um...I don't remember anything specific about today. Why? What day is it?" she asked her friend with a questioning look.

Suddenly Bon Bon's shy smile was replaced with a genuine, sweet smile. "Well, it's been one month since you became my employee. I don't know if many people celebrate their employee's one month anniversary, but I wanted to. You've been such an amazing help here and you are my very first employee. So I just wanted to show you how much I appreciate your help around here. The wine was ordered straight from Canterlot and I had it shipped over by today so that we could celebrate," explained the earth pony with a growing smile upon her muzzle.

Hm...well it's not like we're drinking together as marefriends, but having a celebration time with Bon Bon is enough to make me happy, thought Lyra while returning Bon Bon's smile.

"Ah I gotcha. Alright well thanks, Bons. That's really kind of you."

"Hehe. It's not problem at all. I'll go get us a couple of glasses," replied Bon Bon while trotting over to a nearby cabinet. When the cream colored mare returned with two wine glasses, Lyra used her magic to grab the wine bottle and pour each of the two mares a glass full of the wine. With that, the two mares began to drink the expensive wine together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lyra used her magic to grab the wine bottle and study the remaining contents of it. There was about one small swish of the wine left inside the bottle. Lyra's drunken sight forced her to keep staring at the bottle in case more of the alcoholic substance magically appeared.

"Hey...Bon Bon, tha wine ish gone. Where dis ish go?" asked Lyra while slurring her words almost incoherently. Bon Bon could only smile and shake her head at her drunken friend's absent mindedness.

"Lyra, you drank a lot of it. That's where it went," answered Bon Bon. Lyra just continued to stare at the bottle for a while before nodding her head to what Bon Bon had said. Bon Bon wasn't sure if Lyra had fully comprehended what she had said, but she eventually just decided to ignore that thought.

Lyra then levitated the wine bottle towards Bon Bon and asked, " 'Ey Bon Bon, there ish still soom more wine left. You wanna ist?"

"No thank you, Lyra. Two glasses were enough for me," politely answered the earth pony. Lyra shrugged to Bon Bon's decline and proceeded to lift the bottle of wine to her own mouth and drink the rest of the alcoholic liquid.

After a while of talking non-sense and slurring many words, the day became very late for the two mares. After Bon Bon noticed how late it had become, she said she should probably be heading off to bed soon.

"Will you be okay to get home, Lyra? You're kinda...intoxicated," inquired Bon Bon.

"Oh yesh. Don't worre 'bout me. I'll be fine, Bons," answered Lyra while placing a hoof on the mare's shoulder.

"Well...alright. Be safe. I'll see you later then. Remember, we're closed tomorrow also. I've gotta restock on basic supplies," said Bon Bon. Lyra nodded to what Bon Bon had said and stumbled out the door to head back to her apartment room. That's the last thing Lyra remembered before blacking out and letting the alcohol take over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lyra was suddenly awoken from the sudden chill she received from her apartment's usual coldness. She reached a hoof down to pull her covers up, only to discover that she didn't have any covers. Through her hangover headache, Lyra squinted open her eyes to see where she was if she wasn't in her bed. When she looked, she quickly noticed that she was in her living room. She just assumed that she was on her couch. She didn't want to move her head to look around as to not risk worsening her headache. Even though she was cold, she was too tired and too hung over to want to go to her actual bed. The unicorn just accepted the couch and closed her eyes and tried to go back to sleep. Lyra may have made it back to sleep too, if wasn't for the fact that she suddenly noticed a warmth around her belly area.

She had an idea of what the warmth was, but Lyra didn't want to believe it. Against her own will, she forced herself to look to the warmth. It was what Lyra had feared it was. It was a hoof wrapped around her waist. Lyra forced her body to turn around to see who the hoof belonged to. When she did turn around, Lyra found herself muzzle to muzzle with Berry Punch.

Oh nononononononono!!! What happened!? What the fucking hell happened!? Lyra racked her brain to try to remember what had happened last night.

Eventually, slight glimpses of memories came back to her. She saw herself met up with Berry Punch and hanging out together. Then somehow...they began to start making out. Then they ended up on the couch and Lyra straddled on top of Berry Punch. Then some memories of what happened between the two of them returned to Lyra. The memories caused Lyra to blush uncontrollably. She then tried to shake her head of all of the memories that were coming back to her.

Lyra didn't want to believe the memories. She just wanted them to be fake and for Berry Punch to be here for no reason whatsoever. Lyra wanted that to be true so badly, but a very important piece of evidence pointed to the memories being real: Berry Punch and herself lying on the couch together.

Okay. So Berry Punch and I....oh no! Wait...it's okay...no need to worry. It was a drunken mistake. It can just stay between me and Berry Punch. Nopony else will have to know, thought Lyra to herself trying to calm her nerves.

The plan to keep the incident between the two mares might have worked out well, if it wasn't for the door of the apartment suddenly opening. Lyra instantly turned her body back around to see who had opened the door. She easily noticed the cream coat and knew who the pony was before seeing her face. Much to Lyra's dismay, Bon Bon stood there in the doorway of the apartment.

Bon Bon just stood there a moment before connecting the scene together. "Oh. Sorry. I just wanted to check on you to see if you were okay from last night. The door was unlocked so I just decided to walk in. I didn't mean to interrupt anything. I'll just leave," stated Bon Bon solemnly while swiftly averting her eyes. She then backed out of the doorway and closed the door on her way out.

Lyra suddenly ignored all of her hangover pain and sky rocketed off the couch. She rushed over to the door and quickly remembered the sleeping mare on the couch. Lyra looked back at the sleeping Berry Punch. Lyra hated to just leave her there, but she had to go catch Bon Bon before it was too late.

When she walked out to the balcony of the apartments, Lyra saw Bon Bon galloping away in the front lot of the building. "Bon Bon! Wait!" yelled Lyra, rushing down the apartment building's staircase towards the fleeing earth pony. The cream coated mare stopped in her tracks and turned towards the cyan unicorn galloping towards her.

"What is it, Lyra?" asked Bon Bon with an obviously hurt tone.

"I just wanted to explain what you say back there. You see, I...," started Lyra.

Bon Bon quickly cut Lyra off, "I don't want to hear about it! I'm sorry, but I don't wanna hear about your 'personal' life!"

The angry, hurt tone in Bon Bon's voice caused Lyra to flinch and extreme anguish. Why is she being so angry? It's not like her...

"Bon Bon, why are you so upset about it? Please just tell me," begged Lyra.

"You wanna know why? Wanna know why I'm upset right now? It's...it's because...it's because I love you, Lyra! I always have had feelings for you! Now I found out you're sleeping with somepony else. So yeah, I'm upset!" yelled Bon Bon with tears starting to roll down her face. Lyra could only just stand there, dumbfounded by the words that Bon Bon had just said. Her mind couldn't wrap around the sudden forthcoming of Bon Bon's feelings.

"I...I just want to go home. And be alone for a while. I don't want to talk. So please just leave me alone, Lyra. Don't worry about coming into work anymore. I'll...I'll just mail you your paychecks...goodbye." With that, Bon Bon started to go away back to her shop with her head hung low and tears falling to the ground. Lyra was still just dumbfounded by the events that just occurred. But Lyra was sure of one thing, she had screwed up big time.