• Published 1st Aug 2013
  • 9,897 Views, 169 Comments

Terror in Equestria: Rise of the Dark Queen - StormLuna



This is the story of how Equestria, the land of love and harmony, finds itself in a war against a dark alliance that seems unstoppable.

  • ...
37
 169
 9,897

Purple Reign (Alternate final chapter)

Twilight and her forces slept much longer than they had anticipated. The next morning the sun woke up Twilight and she headed out to her balcony and felt complete and absolute peace within her. She realized that there is no force that can ever remove her from power. She realized that she is the most powerful pony in existence. She walked down to where her army was and had some breakfast with them.

After breakfast, she addressed them. "Alright guys, now that our victory is absolute, we need to take care of something very important to me. We need to get you proper living quarters and we need to station some of you out across Equestria so that you can crush any rebellions that may take place."

Colonel Thunder Rage replied, "So what are you going to do, are you going to evict the ponies here in Canterlot out of their homes?"

Twilight looked at her colonel with an odd look on her face and replied, "Well yeah, except for my parents who will be coming to live with me in the castle if they wish. If they don't, they are obviously traitors and will be exiled elsewhere."

Even her armies were beginning to see that she is truly a cold, heartless dark queen but knew better than to say much of anything.

Major Black Mist made a suggestion. "Twilight, with as powerful as you are, couldn't you just use your magic to make more housing for all of us? That way nopony will be displaced and everypony will be happy."

Twilight looked stunned that a dark unicorn would suggest such a thing. She replied, "Yeah, I can do that. I never thought of that before. Thanks major, doing that will make me look better in the eyes of the public not just here, but all over Equestria."

Twilight's parents finally came out of their home and went down to where Twilight was. Twilight Velvet said, "Twilight, what has happened to you? You have grown so much since we last saw you!"

Twilight replied, "Yeah, I have. Being battle tested and becoming a queen will do that to you."

"A QUEEN?" said a stunned Crescent Sparkle "I thought you were a princess and what happened to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna?"

"Yes dad, I'm a queen now. As far as Celestia and Luna go, they abdicated the throne when Chrysalis and Sombra attacked the city and I had to fight off those two on my own." replied Twilight

Twilight Velvet asked, "Why do you have their armies then and why are they so loyal to you?"

Twilight replied, "I know many spells mom, and a spell to make an army loyal to me is one of them. With this spell, I could make the whole world loyal to me and me alone."

Her mom looked stunned when she heard her daughter telling her this. She began to realize that Twilight had become so powerful that she might seek global conquest and rule the whole world with an iron hoof.

Crescent Sparkle said, "Twilight, you just don't seem to be the same pony you used to be. Please don't take this as offensive, but you seem to be power hungry now and you don't seem to care about anypony but yourself."

Twilight replied, "Dad, I care about mom and you, I care about my army and my friends. As long as somepony doesn't cross my path or try to be a backstabbing traitor, I will care about them."

Her parents felt a bit uncomfortable around their daughter now that she is a powerful queen and told her that they needed to head home and take care of some things. Twilight said goodbye to them and let them know that she had other things to do anyway.

Twilight flew over to Colonel Thunder Rage was standing and said, "Good news Thunder Rage, you've been promoted. You are a general now! Also, we need to go and take care of the Crystal Empire. With Sombra banished into the void, who knows what kinds of threats could be lurking there. We must go and take care of it."

Thunder Rage replied, "Thank you Twily! I never imagined I would make it to general. I do have a question, are you going to curse the Crystal Empire like Sombra did or are you going to do something else with it?"

Twilight was thinking that cursing it would be a very good idea, but she figured that she would merely take the crystal ponies with her and incinerate the empire.

Twilight told Thunder Rage, "Gather 250 changelings, we are headed to the Crystal Empire. I have very important business to take care of. The trip should take just a few hours and there will be food once we get there, let's get going!"

"Consider it done Twily!" replied Thunder Rage

Twilight and her changeling army headed north towards the Crystal Empire. The weather was very good for the trip. Even when they got into the arctic the wind was calm and there was no snowfall. Very soon they could see the dome that encircled the empire.

"Alright guys, let's get in there and take care of business!" shouted Twilight

"What are we going to do?" asked Thunder Rage

"I will tell you all what we are going to do once we reach the crystal tower." replied Twilight

Twilight and her army crossed into the Crystal Empire. With Sombra banished, the skies were blue and the weather was pleasant, but the crystal ponies were still depressed and their coats were dull.

They saw Twilight coming with her changelings and starting shouting, "Run, it's him and his changeling queen! Run for your lives!"

Twilight landed there at the tower and shouted, "STOP RUNNING! I AM YOUR QUEEN NOW AND I MEAN YOU NO HARM!"

The crystal ponies stopped panicking. One of them came up to Twilight and asked, "Your Majesty, if you're not Sombra or Chrysalis, why do you have their army with you."

Twilight replied, "I reformed them and cast a spell on them to be loyal to me alone. Don't worry, they won't harm you at all."

Twilight, Thunder Rage and the rest of the changelings headed into the crystal tower. They first went to the throne room where they found Shining Armor. Twilight walked up to where he was trapped in a cocoon and thought to herself, "I have to cast a loyalty spell on him as soon as I free him. I can not have him being loyal to Cadence. With her being an Alicorn, albeit a weak one, she may try to start a rebellion."

Twilight shoots a gentle beam of purple energy at Shining Armor. The green ooze vaporized and Shining Armor fell on the floor. Twilight waited for him to come to his full senses before casting the spell so it would have the maximum effect.

"Oh, my head." said Shining Armor "Twily, you saved me! Wait a minute, you are Twilight aren't you?"

"Of course I am big brother! Why would you ask such a thing?"

Shining Armor told her that he asked because she had grown to be bigger than Celestia and was wearing a different crown and was wearing body armor.

"Oh, don't worry about that! How are you doing big brother? I have missed you so much!" said Twilight

Shining Armor replied, "I am feeling much better now that you have rescued me from that ooze. We need to go find Cadence, I have a feeling they took her to the dungeon."

"We will, don't worry big brother." said Twilight "But first, there is something I need to say."

"Alright little sis, what do you have to say?"

Twilight pointed her horn at Shining Armor and it began to glow as she recited, "From another to me, that is where your allegiance will now be, you thought your old commander loved you like pie when all they wanted was for you to die. With me all shall be great, there shall be no hate."

Shining Armor appeared stunned for a minute but then followed Twilight and General Thunder Rage down into the dungeon. They finally reached the back of the dungeon where Cadence had been wrapped in a cocoon. Twilight was thinking to herself, very soon all my problems will be solved.

Shining Armor said, "Twily, are you sure you want to free her? What if she tries to overthrow you?"

"Don't worry big brother," said Twilight "I have everything covered."

Twilight pointed her horn at Cadence and sent a gentle purple beam of energy towards her. The ooze vaporized and she fell to the ground. Despite being weak she first saw Twilight and ran up to her and started singing, "Sunshine Sunshine, ladybugs awake, clap your hooves and do a little shake!"

Cadence noticed that Twilight did not do the song with her and that her appearance had changed dramatically. She saw a Twilight that was larger than Celestia, wearing a huge iron crown and had body armor on. "What happened Twilight, how did you get so big?" asked Cadence

"Oh, things happen. You take part in battles, you win wars, you know, typical things that make Alicorns grow in size." replied Twilight

"I don't get it," replied Cadence "how does doing that make you bigger?"

Twilight was getting irritated with her questions and was waiting until the right moment to take care of this problem once and for all.

Shining Armor said, "Twily, she is a spy for Celestia. You need to do something!"

Cadence started to cry "What honey? I don't get it, a spy for Celestia? We are all on the same side!"

Shining Armor told her that Celestia is a tyrant and that he is loyal to Twilight and no other, that he would bow down to no monarch other than Queen Twilight Sparkle.

Cadence replied, "QUEEN TWILIGHT SPARKLE? How did you get that title?"

Twilight replied, "Well let's just say that when Sombra and Chrysalis laid siege on Canterlot, Luna and Celestia abandoned the throne and left everything up to me to save the city."

General Thunder Rage came out from behind Twilight to take a look at the situation.

Upon seeing him, Cadence shouted, "How did he get in here? Stop him, he will cover me in green ooze again. Please stop him Twily."

This irritated Twilight a lot. She gave Cadence a scowl and said, "This is General Thunder Rage. He is my top changeling officer. I would have brought my top dark unicorn officer but that would have made the trip here much longer."

Cadence was completely shocked. She asked Twilight how she managed to take control of the forces of both Sombra and Chrysalis. Twilight, being able to tell lies easily now told her that they simply like her more and were sick and tired of being treated like slaves by their former leaders.

Cadence then asked, "Where are Queen Chrysalis and King Sombra anyway Twilight?"

Twilight began to laugh and said, "Do you want to find out where I put them?"

Cadence got a lump in her throat and said, "Twilight, what do you mean where you put them? Did you banish them to the moon or something?"

"I banished them alright," said Twilight "but it wasn't to the moon. Do you honestly want to know where I banished them?"

"Yes Twilight please! I want to know that I will be safe!" shouted Cadence

"Alright then Cadence, I will let you know and you will know for sure that the Crystal Empire is safe." said Twilight

Twilight pointed her horn at Cadence and it began to glow. Cadence got a horrified look on her face as Twilight began to recite the spell, "You have committed treason and that is not in season, you are a threat to me and I simply can not let that be, I can no longer be annoyed so you shall be cast into the void."

A black vortex opened up and began to suck Cadence in. As she was being sucked in, she shouted, "You're sending me to the void, aren't yooooo......"

Cadence was gone and the vortex disappeared. This was the final banishment Twilight felt that she would need to do.

Shining Armor asked her, "What do we do now Twilight?"

Twilight replied, "We all get out of the Crystal Empire and I will destroy it completely."

Shining Armor asked, "Are you going to destroy the crystal ponies as well?"

Twilight replied, "It may seem cold and callous but we can't bring 2,000 ponies with us."

Shining Armor saw the point that Twilight made that they would just slow them down and that they need to hurry up and get going. Once they all got about a quarter of a mile away from the edge of the empire, they stopped and Twilight looked back.

Shining Armor asked Twilight, "So what are you going to do Twiight?"

"You'll see," replied Twilight "you'll see."

Twilight began to glow, her eyes glowed a radioactive green and a bulb of black energy formed at the end of her horn as she recited, "The empire shall be no more, what is it's existence for, fire will do the trick, it will incinerate it like fire does a stick, what the arctic now lacks, it shall now take it back"

She fired a powerful beam of energy at the empire, as it struck the crystal tower there was a huge explosion that leveled every building in the empire and the dome that protected it was gone. Snow began to fall in what was the Crystal Empire. Twilight had accomplished her objective, she destroyed the Crystal Empire.

Shining Armor asked Twilight, "So where are we off to now sis?"

Twilight replied, "We are headed to Ponyville. I am going to levitate you while we fly there because walking will take a very long time."

Twilight levitated her brother and took off towards Ponyville as General Thunder Rage and the rest of her changeling army followed them. Several hours later, they finally arrived in Ponyville. It was already dark so Twilight took her brother and her changelings into her dark tower she had built there.

Twilight put down Shining Armor once they got inside. He said, "Twilight, are you sure we're in Ponyville? I don't remember there ever being a tower here before."

"Yes we are in Ponyville." replied Twilight "Before I had to defend Canterlot from its enemies I had this tower built as I figured I should have a home like other royal ponies do. Get plenty of rest, tomorrow is going to be busy. I have some public relations issues I have to handle."

Shining Armor did not ask his sister what she meant by that as he was very tired and knew that Twilight was tired as well so they decided to get some rest.

The following morning they woke up and Twilight told General Thunder Rage and the other changelings to stay in the tower as her and her brother would be going out for breakfast that morning and that there should be food in the kitchen.

"Twilight, why is everypony looking so oddly at you? You don't think they are wondering what I am doing here do you?" asked Shining Armor

"No." replied Twilight "They probably don't recognize me because of my size, my crown and my body armor."

They arrived at Sugarcube Corner to find her friends having a get together. Pinkie was the first to greet her, "Hi Queen Twilight, how's it going? You want some cake?"

Twilight replied, "Yeah, sure. Just as long as my brother can have some as well."

"Okie dokie." replied Pinkie

Rarity said to Twilight, "Oh hi your royal highness, what are you doing here among us common folks?"

Twilight said, "Look Rarity, I am coming to make peace with all of you. I am sorry about the way I acted towards all of you up in Canterlot. I have taken care of everything and Equestria is safe now so I am no longer stressed."

Applejack said, "Well let's hope so your Majesty, I am still not sure whether I can really trust you anymore or not."

Twilight replied, "Just call me Twilight or Twily like my brother and soldiers do. I would rather my friends be themselves around me and not go calling me anything other than what they did before."

Twilight's friends gathered together and talked for a minute.

Rainbow Dash said, "Do you think she is being serious or do you think she is trying to put us at ease only to enslave us later?"

Fluttershy said, "I think she is being truly genuine. She said she is no longer stressed."

Applejack said, "Y'all know what, I can tell a liar from a hundred miles away and she is telling us the truth. It bothers me that she has a military but I think that she truly wants us to still be friends."

Applejack told Twilight that they have decided to forgive her for everything and that they hope that things can return to normal.

Twilight replied, "I am thinking of returning here to Ponyville but I will need to put a military instillation about a mile south of town so my soldiers will have some place to live. Besides, they will protect Ponyville from attacks."

Fluttershy asked, "Twilight, will this military instillation harm my critter friends any?"

Twilight replied, "No Fluttershy, the areas south of town do not have many animals living there and all your critter friends live in the Everfree Forest, which is to the north of here."

Her friends then asked her where she was going to live and what would become of the library.

Twilight replied, "Well since nopony here ever checks out any books I am going to move the library into my tower and it will be my living quarters. You will be free to come visit me at anytime just as you did when I lived in the library."

"I am so glad to have you back dahling! Are any of your soldiers looking for a special somepony by chance. I have always dreamed of having a stallion in uniform as my special somepony."

Twilight replied, "Well, unless you will date a changeling or a dark unicorn then no."

Spike had been hiding in the back the whole time and when he heard that things were going fine, he ran out to Twilight and her friends.

"Twilight!" said Spike "I have missed you so much!"

"I missed you too Spike! Guess what, you are now going to have your own bedroom and there will be a lot more to eat!"

"More to eat? My own bedroom?" said an excited Spike "I get to live in that tower with you now don't I?"

"Yes Spike!" replied Twilight "I have a feeling you will be one happy dragon!"

Very soon the capitol had been relocated from Canterlot to Ponyville. Twilight used her magic to create the military instillation just to the south of town and moved the library collection to her new tower. It is a good thing she did as well, because lightning struck the old library that night and it burned to the ground. Twilight is the great deceiver though, she is re-earning her friends trusts but little do they know that their friend Twilight is in fact the Dark Queen that everypony will one day fear.

Comments ( 57 )

Niza, SEQUEL!!!! :flutterrage: Pls:fluttershysad:

Twili World Domination

2998671 Mujaker, I take it that if I write a sequel, you will want it to be continued from the alternate ending.

StormLuna

2999881 @ Mane Six.....Is there supposed to be some sort of broken line between scene changes? I have seen this quite a bit and I have wondered, am I the only one who was never taught that in school?

2999726

From My Perspective If I :pinkiehappy:

3000641 Mujaker, I have decided that I will write a sequel to this. Twilight will be in power over Equestria but there will be a powerful gem somewhere else in the world (not going to spoil it) that she wants to take so she will become even more powerful. I have a feeling you will like it. I have another story planned first but trust me, the sequel to this will be finished before the end of the year.

StormLuna

3001122

OOOHHHH!!! :pinkiehappy: I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!! :flutterrage:

Oh My....:fluttershysad:

Sorry :twilightblush: I Relly Happy For This Jeje

Yes yes yes! Finally a fic where Twilight wins and becomes the ultimate ruler!
Sequel to the evil version would be great! :twilightsmile:

3044073 Cool_Story_Reader----- A sequel to this is already in the works. And it does continue from the alternate ending. That one had a lot more potential than the ending where Twily is returned to good.

HOLY CRAP!!!!
THE COVER ART IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

3044073

Yeah i agree
this is SO AWESOME!!!! :rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss:

Evil ruler= happy ending
Originality, a rare event.

3343796 FlutterxxDash, that is the thing. Many fanfictions don't follow the story line entirely. New characters will be introduced. I did the same thing regarding the police officer in Rarity and the Thief. He is not in the show but I put him in the fan fiction.

I'm not dissing the story, its amazing don't get me wrong but its just my opinion is all I'l probably end up coming back and reading on afterwards, when it comes to celestia and luna I just see them as very powerful beings and seeing them become (especially celestia) so weak in just a few chapters just shocked me, so trust me its a great story for those who think I'm dissing the story I'm not read on its just my opinion. Truthfully I thought most of the way you wrote the story was very entertaining, especially the parts involving the creation of twilights armor absolute fantastic so like I said just an opinion. I'l check some more of you're stories if you have any more anyways.

3369319 If you don't like a weak Celestia, then chances are you won't like some of my stories further down the series. I just brought a different Celestia and Luna into the mix regarding them going to their parents and LaurFa to aid in them reclaiming Equestria. Rather than having them be all powerful, I decided to have them be more like everypony else.

3373660
no worry's, I'l probably carry on reading at a later date to see how it turns out, its like I say though everyone has an opinion, still its different but it isn't bad, in fact its a brilliant Idea but its just one that I'm not too fond of it myself, that is to say I'm not saying its bad that she is weak it will fix into you're story, sorry if I offended you.

3373678 You didn't offend me at all. Luna is my favorite pony but I decided to even have her go to her parents to regroup. Twilight fans love the first three but they don't like 4 and 5. I doubt they will like 6 either. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and hey, it's however you feel about it. I had one person tell me a story of mine was so bad that it was almost a "go kill yourself" type of story. Now how anypony could say that to a fellow MLP fan is beyond me.

3374207
I have to agree I wouldn't ever go that far, to be honest I think a story no matter what the opinion of a person is, is good if the author likes it themselves, not many people show the more vulnerable sides of the sisters, truly a brilliant Idea its just in my nature to think of them as a higher being, the whole Alicorn Islandis great too, what shocked me tho was that there was numerous alicorns is all, it didn't bother me that much, plus you're point of non canon ponys I agree with, I think if you're doing a fic it should either be totally Canon or have a brilliant enough backstory to be stand alone which you'res is, so once again I didn't read on just because of my preferances, hey I'l still end up going one day. il read the rest of this and see what happened because I always do hehe, carry on the good work, sorry to bother you so much

3374230 You're not bothering me at all. Hey, as long as someone is civil and nice, they can talk all they want. Regarding LaurFa "The One" she too isn't 100% perfect and does show that later in the series. I got her name from a combination of Lauren Faust. I have seen fan art of Fausticorn and that is the model I use for her, solid white, red mane and tail and the quill and ink jar for a cutie mark. In the final story I do bring in a sister of hers that aided her early in the history of the world, well before Equestria. For those who have read one of my other fan fics (I don't want to give it away) her sister will be very familiar.

3375592
Okay thats it I have to carry on now hahaha, it might not be all to my preferance but its still a brill fic and with all this talk I gotta see how it is, and yeah my only problem with the 'ONE' is when an author (usually) makes them invincible, I do the same with all the one stories but no author has replied to me so far on this fact so I have to thank you for replying to a fan, I'm gunna carry on soon, if ya want have a check of my stories, but I have to say my grammer sucks and some don't like my depictions of luna, by the way shes definately my favourite princess

3375893 Trust me, "The ONE" isn't invincible. I don't want to spoil things for you, but that will be proven towards the end of this series when a pony "The One" wronged in the ancient past returns.

Finally we get an evil ending for an evil Twi fic. :twilightsmile:

3432613 Well I made two endings for a reason. The one where Twily is restored to good to appease the crowd that likes that kind of ending and the ending where evil Twily is victorious so I could continue on with sequels. Personally I like the evil Twily ending more.

3435550 Me too, evil for the win.

Wow what a great story i couldn't stop reading it This should be a movie :heart:

3483299 Which ending did you like better?

3508047 the happy ending not the evil one:duck:

what means canon or non-canon i heve read it a couple a times but what does it mean

3722669 Suppermug, Canon means it follows the storyline of the show and non-canon is where the characters are not like they would be in the show and that the overall storyline is different from what it would be in an episode.

3510552 Elisa, I made two endings because I needed an ending that I could carry on from for the rest of the series, and the evil ending is the perfect one to carry on from.

3375893 Flutterdash, in future stories "the one" winds up not being invincible. Later in the story "the one" is defeated by Twilight and eventually even Twilight will be defeated by a pony from ancient times.

First off, I wanna say I enjoy reading AU Fics a great deal. That being said, I disagree some things in here. First, about Shining Armor, I don't think he is always paranoid, I believe he acts with the right amount of caution as any good guard or royal would. Same goes for Twilight, although she might be Obsessive-Compulsive, which is demonstrated by some of her habits or actions. Secondly, I don't believe Twilight would fall for Chrysalis' trick so easily because she knows there could not be a double of herself and time traveling back in time wouldn't be a good excuse for there to be a double either as she promised to the let the future handle itself and deal with things as they come and even if she were to break said promise, she knows she'd never do so for something as frivolous as a staring contest. I'm sure Celestia taught her better than that.
Third, Spike getting a letter from Celestia while taking a bath and it falling into his bath water and getting ruined and shrugging it off cause he didn't think it was important. I don't believe Spike would be that irresponsible. I'm sure he'd get out of his bath and write Celestia back telling her about the letter getting ruined and finding out what was in that letter.
Fourth, I don't think Applejack would just leave for Canterlot after finding out that the Crystal Empire had been attacked and fell to the attacker(s). She'd get somepony to gather Twilight and the others and tell them to get to Canterlot quick because of an urgent situation. In fact, I am sure she would have had Big Macintosh go muster them since he was with her when they found out from the escaped Crystal Pony about Sombra retaking the Crystal Empire with the assistance of Chrysalis.
Lastly, about Celestia not taking Luna seriously or neglecting Equestria, I doubt she'd logically ignore Luna if she felt something was going down somewhere in Equestria and she definitely would not neglect Equestria. I mean, come on, she cancelled her visit to Ponyville in Episode 10 Swarm of the Century due to an "infestation" in Fillydelphia.

5632564 Honeybuns, I get what you are saying but it is labeled AU for a reason besides the war, the characters aren't going to be 100% themselves.

I see. A couple of questions, is Twilight's father really named Crescent Sparkle? Cause I've seen other places that his name is Nightlight or something like that. And the other, the thing that Rainbow Dash Cursor following thing says about the "I love you daddy", is it, by any chance, referring to the "My Little Dashy" fanfic (I think it is another fanfic title)?

5634318 Honeybuns, I have seen places where Twilight's dad has been referred to as Night Light, others where he is referred to as Crescent Sparkle. I chose to use the name Crescent Sparkle because that then makes Twilight's name a mix of both mom and dad, Twilight from mom and Sparkle from dad. I overall like the name more anyway. Regarding the RD cursor, I am not sure about that.

neybuns, I have seen places where Twilight's dad has been referred to as Night Light, others where he is referred to as Crescent Sparkle. I chose to use the name Crescent Sparkle because that then makes Twilight's name a mix of both mom and dad, Twilight from mom and Sparkle from dad. I overall like the name more anyway. Regarding the RD cursor, I am not sure about that.

Ah ok. Considering his cutie mark being what it is, Crescent Sparkle makes much more sense than Night Light to me.

I bet it does, as the dude in the fic that finds her in a box gets called dad by her due to raising her as a filly.

5634359

His name is Night Light.

Reading five sentences of the first chapter, I have to say, that is the most telling and the least showing I have ever seen in such a small space. This is bad.

5715004 Razzle Dazzle, is Night Light his official name like Twilight Velvet is for her mom or is it an unofficial name? I have never seen the name Night Light trademarked for him the way I have Twilight Velvet for Twi's mom.

5718576 Here is the thing, the name is not trademarked as official. So either name is acceptable and I prefer the name Crescent Sparkle. Now if he had a full moon for a cutie mark, I could see Night Light being a good name but a crescent moon provides little in the way of light and like I stated above, the name fits his cutie mark.

5718666 Thanks Bright Light46, I'm glad to see you're enjoying it!

5943506 I had a lot of people dislike the Lauren Faust/"The One" thing. They claimed that normally characters like that are all powerful. In the alternate ending, she is defeated by Twilight so I could write the rest of the series. So in one ending she is not all powerful and further on in the series even Twilight proves to not be all powerful.

5975278 I never even meant for that to be a racist comment. I just meant for it to be a comment of unconditional love.

5975455 Gloria be rose, I don't remember Spike running away in the show but I may have just not seen this action as running away. Also, by extension I can't remember this idiotic Spike gem moment, if you would please point me towards the episode I missed I'll be able to give you a better answer.

5977888 Spike ran away in the Owl's Well that Ends Well episode, the one where Owlowicious first shows up. The gem incident came from the cave he ran off to. It was full of gems but he did not see the full grown dragon that lived in the cave (in the same episode).

5975455 Gloria be Rose, a few things.
1. The writers are still unsure about how to use Spike so yeah, he does stupid things for the plot sometimes, but he also keeps Twilight under control a lot and learns valuable lessons.
2. Spike ran away because he was feeling in pain and like he had no family anymore, did you not do that even once when you were younger? He is a baby, even if he's more grown up than most babies are. Is it not possible that distraught as he must have felt he did not think to question where the gems came from? I know what comes next
Someone: That is possible, but how did he miss a full grown dragon?
Me: The dragon has multiple rooms/caves.
If I missed something or something doesn't add up please tell me.

7418739 No, REAL bacon. Most of the ponies in my stories are omnivores.

7495835 Don't worry, there is an alternate ending! :twilightsmile:

7495847

Yippie! This ending was cool! Off to the next fic I go! Good job so far!

Where and how did you get the picture?

Login or register to comment