• Published 1st Aug 2013
  • 9,888 Views, 169 Comments

Terror in Equestria: Rise of the Dark Queen - StormLuna



This is the story of how Equestria, the land of love and harmony, finds itself in a war against a dark alliance that seems unstoppable.

  • ...
37
 169
 9,888

Final Preparations

It was the third morning after the royal family's meeting with LaurFa. They got up early and ate their breakfast so they wouldn't be late. "Dad, how do you think things will go today?" asked Celestia

Cosmos, once he swallowed his food, said, "I am hoping it goes well. I am thinking that LaurFa will want to do this attack at night, when they will be more laid back. Attacks like this are always better conducted at night anyway."

After they finish their breakfast they fly up to LaurFa's castle and are greeted by the guards. One of the guards says, "Cosmos, Galaxia! How is everything going?"

"They are going well." said Galaxia "We are here to see LaurFa."

"I know, she told me to expect you four this morning. Sounds like you all have a major mission today." said the guard

The royal family told him that they do have a major mission but that they can't disclose much of anything because they swore to LaurFa that they wouldn't say a word. LaurFa comes out the door and says with a smile, "Is my guard keeping my guests from seeing me?"

"I'm sorry your Highness, I just tend to talk a lot with ponies that I am friends with." replied the guard

"We better get going." said LaurFa "It is an extremely long flight to Canterlot and I do want us to be able to rest a bit before we launch our attack"

"What time will we launch our attack?" asked Luna

"We will be launching our attack around midnight, when they will not be expecting one. I do not want to launch it too early in the night because some of them will still be alert." said LaurFa

Luna told LaurFa about what types of forces they have. She told her about the changelings and that they are relatively easy to defeat. "All you have to do is hit them with your energy bolts and it incinerates them. Yes they have their own energy they can fire as well so you have to be careful about that, but it is weak compared to the energy of an Alicorn."

Celestia added, "They also have an army of 5,000 dark unicorns but they should be easy to defeat since they can not fly. All we would have to do with them is hover around 100 feet above them and strike them with energy."

LaurFa asked, "What about Queen Twilight? What kinds of things do we have to watch out for with her?"

Luna replied, "Twilight is extremely powerful. Since her corruption, she has become much more powerful, powerful enough she was able to defeat Celestia, but I know she will be no match for you your Highness."

LaurFa told them that having this information will increase their chances of winning this and taking Equestria back. "Thank you Luna and Celestia, I am pretty certain that we will win."

"What do you plan on doing as far as Twilight is concerned?" asked Cosmos

"Dealing with Twilight is going to most likely have to be my job. Considering she defeated Celestia, I think that the four of you should take out the changelings and the dark unicorns while I battle Twilight."

"Sounds like a plan." replied Galaxia

In Canterlot Twilight is getting ready to sit down for lunch with her officers. She seemed to be a bit paranoid and was biting her hooves.

"What is wrong my Queen?" asked Iron Sheath

Twilight looked up and said, "I have a bad feeling that something is going to happen tonight. What it will be, I'm not sure but it will not be good."

Colonel Ice Storm said, "Is there anything we can do to help ease your nervousness?"

Twilight replied, "Yes, there is. Monitor the skies closer than normal, especially the western horizon. I have a feeling that whatever it will be, will come from that way."

"Your HIghness, I don't know what would come from the west. The only thing that lies out that way are the towns of Appaloosa and Dodge Junction, which are earth pony communities." said General Dark Night

Twilight looked at her general and replied, "Yes, you are right. Maybe it is just going to be a nasty storm that will come our way. I have nothing to worry about. I can just use my magic to fix any damage it does. Oh wait, I can use my magic to divert it around us!"

LaurFa and the royal family reached the coast of Equestria around 2 in the afternoon and decided to land for a short rest. The coastline of Equestria is a largely uninhabited place but does have plenty of bushes with wild berries and even small apples. They decided to have some lunch.

"These apples certainly taste different than anything I have ever ate." said Celestia

"I think they are delicious." replied Luna "When we take back Equestria I think we should get some seeds and plant them in the areas around Canterlot and Ponyville so we won't have to fly so far to get them."

"I am thirsty." said Galaxia "Is there any fresh water around here?"

They discovered a fresh water lake not too far away from the bushes. They went over and drank water for what seemed to be quite a while as they felt a bit dehydrated. Around 3 they took off again for Canterlot, feeling much better with food in the bellies and re-hydrated they felt much more confident in their chances of winning the upcoming battle.

Finally around 6 they flew over the last ridge and could see Canterlot off to the south and landed in a depression as to where they would not be detected by Twilight's lookouts.

LaurFa asked, "Does anypony here know where we can go to get some supper and water so we will have full strength when we launch our attack?"

Luna replied, "Yes, follow me. There is an area along the western fringe of the Everfree Forest that has a lake, has plentiful food growing and is within eyesight of Canterlot. This will be a place where we can eat, drink and launch our attack from."

LaurFa and the royal family took off for this place as it was a short distance from the depression they had landed in. It was not a dark area of the forest so everypony found it comfortable. LaurFa said, "Wow Luna, this place is perfect for us. It has everything we need!"

"Sometimes when Celestia and I would be fighting I would come here to calm down until I regained my composure." said Luna

"I guess there is one good thing that came from you two fighting after all." replied Galaxia

Back in Canterlot Twilight was standing over balcony looking over her empire. She was looking towards the Everfree Forest. She just couldn't help herself but think that the storm would come from there. Then she realized that she was looking to the north, not the west where she thought it would come from. She thought to herself, "Oh Twilight, her you go getting overly nervous again."

Twilight was getting hungry so she headed to the dining hall for supper. She was greeted by her military officers. Colonel Ice Storm said, "You made it my Queen. I was worried that you weren't coming."

"I was just out on my balcony looking towards the Everfree Forest. I think my paranoia is getting the best of me because despite me thinking the storm would come from the west, I still worry about something coming from that direction as well." said Twilight

General Dark Night told Twilight that Sombra once told him that in ancient times when he would visit this area that rogue storms would emerge from the Everfree Forest and join with a storm coming from the west, creating huge swirling columns of wind that can do great damage.

"Wait a minute" said Twilight, "those are known as tornadoes and they are fairly common in the areas between Wheatland and Neigh Orleans. I think once 9 o'clock arrives, we should all hunker down in the lower levels of the city. That is the safest place to be during a tornado. You let all of our forces know."

"Yes my queen. I shall go and do that now." replied Dark Night.

Twilight told her general that he does not need to do that until after supper since it is still a while before 9. Despite Twilight not appearing all that nervous she still had trouble eating and was biting her hooves.

"My Queen, are you sure your ok?" asked Lieutenant Dark Cloud "You seem really nervous."

Twilight replied, "Oh, I'm ok. Just the idea of a massive storm moving into the area makes me nervous. When I was a filly one of those types of storms moved into Canterlot and my family's home was damaged and a large rock nearly fell on me."

"I can understand why such a storm would bother you. I think you should probably stand in the back while we will gather around you to keep you safe from any falling rocks." said Lieutenant Dark Cloud

"Thanks." replied Twilight "You guys are truly loyal to me and I appreciate everything you do for me."

Twilight was right about there being a storm that would strike Canterlot that night but she was mistaken on what kind of storm it would be. The storm coming could do much more than damage to the city, it could determine the fate of all of Equestria.

Very soon 9 o'clock arrived in Canterlot. Queen Twilight and her army gathered in the lowest level of the city and waited for this storm to arrive. Twilight asked, "What time did these storms usually strike?"

"Sombra told me that they would usually strike shortly after midnight and that they even scared him, and it took a whole lot to scare him." replied Dark Night

Twilight let her forces know that once midnight arrives, that the storm will most likely arrive.

In the Everfree Forest LaurFa and the royal family have one last snack before they took flight for Canterlot. Laurfa said , "Alright, let's get going. Midnight is approaching. This attack will determine the fates of us all. If we start to lose this battle and it appears as though we will be taken captive, we need to return home."

Luna replied, "I am ready but the thing is, if it seems as though we will be taken captive, we can just teleport out of here."

"Good point." replied LaurFa "Let's go, let's reclaim Canterlot and ensure a peaceful future for everypony in Equestria."

It was right around midnight in Canterlot. Twilight asked General Dark Night, "Is this storm coming or was I being overly paranoid?"

Dark Night replied, "It should have already moved into the area. I don't know about you but I think it should be safe to get out from under here."

"Alright, let's get out from under here." replied Twilight "It's ok everypony, we can head out. The threat has passed."

Very soon they would realize that they had left their shelter too soon.